As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout] Remember when we said no NPC's or Companions in West Virginia ? Never mind.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I'm up to level 28 and now the only resource I'm really hurting for is screws; vendors sell 10 for 240 caps which is laughable

Zavian on
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Well, this is new. At least to me.
    FCYqCot.png

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    Well, this is new. At least to me.
    FCYqCot.png

That happened once with a power armor player I was with.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Zavian wrote: »
    I'm up to level 28 and now the only resource I'm really hurting for is screws; vendors sell 10 for 240 caps which is laughable
    Yeah, that problem never goes away.

Grab those desk fans like they're going out of style.

Takes like seventy of those damn things to craft a full set of Excavator power armor and they're involved in making mods, armor and repair of many things.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Takes like seventy of those damn things to craft a full set of Excavator power armor and they're involved in making mods, armor and repair of many things.

If you have the Scrapper perk, clipboards have screws.

• Options

Does it?

Thought that was just for the Fallout 4 version.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

Does it?

Just did a test in 76, and I got spring and wood. So, yeah, that's just me remembering Fallout 4.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I splurged on the new greenhouse kit for 1500 Atomic Shop caps.... I was disappointed there was no indoor plant beds to grow stuff, but overall I'm happy with my new CAMP
    CZeegif.jpg

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    It's a greenhouse you can't grow stuff in?

Sounds like it should be half off.

• Options
    I'm rather amazed they didn't include planters in that pack. They existed in F4, they exist in F76, so why are they unavailable?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I'm rather amazed they didn't include planters in that pack. They existed in F4, they exist in F76, so why are they unavailable?

I would imagine trying to keep the proper plant in the proper planter with the appropriate "ripeness" is a difficult proposition

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Not at all. At worst it's a another line of numbers for each player in a database. Now if they're pushing the limits of what the engine/server can handle then maybe, but it's not difficult in any other sense.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

Does it?

Just did a test in 76, and I got spring and wood. So, yeah, that's just me remembering Fallout 4.

hehehe

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    You can grow plants on the placeable campfires already, I grew corn like that 6 months ago.

Getting planters to work should be a 10 minute job.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Spent 200 scrip at the purveyor for the first time.

First pull was just a pitchfork (I like the weapon but it just doesn't feel up to par outside the forest), the second was a glorious gatling plasma.

Does more damage as it keeps firing, bonus limb damage and faster movement when aiming. Very happy.

• Options
    Wow legendary drops are incredibly rare now, even after the hotfix today. This wouldn't be so bad if so many of them weren't absolutely useless (looking at you, Stalker's melee weapons or bash damage guns). I'm not getting them at all from 1* legendary enemies now. Hopefully it's just bugged because if not, that's a bit much!

• Options
    Patch completely wiped all of my sidequests off my pip boy.

Good stuff.

• Options
    Yeah Patch 11 is very buggy, there's a hot fix coming eventually. Btw that quest bug happened to me before, logging out then back in fixed it (though I lost progress on my Excavator armor quest and now need to get more screws again. Argggh!)

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Yeah, losing side quests happened to me last go around.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    How are they so bad at this?

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    How are they so bad at this?

Bethesda

Great worlds, spaghetti code

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I started playing this again a couple days ago. Forgot how fun it is. A fair bit has changed in the last few patches.

I'm running around in what looks like a girl scout uniform, wearing a deer antler headband, and murdering things with a pickaxe. Good times. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    I have been wearing the garb of mystery since I got it. Very neat weapon set as well.

• Options
    It took a lot of grinding (1400 atoms worth of challenges in 1 week, in fact). No regrets.
    yfLVPAs.png

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/deals/2019/7/22/20706124/amazon-twitch-prime-free-game-fallout-76-sims-4-last-of-us-ps4-pc

Looks like if you have Amazon Prime and Twitch Prime, you can buy F76 for PS4 for $15 and then get a $15 Amazon gift card.

Edit: PS4 only, apparently, though the Xbox version is marked down, too.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Only on PS4 it looks like.

• Options
    Only on PS4 it looks like.

Dang, you're right. I just noticed the PS4 by The Last of Us.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I ordered this for free for PS4, so I'll at least be giving it a run.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Aw damn. I hope they do that on PC so I can get in on that sweet mule action. Due to a slight miscalculation, my 2 (1 with mutations) strength character ended up with 2500 lead on her inventory on top of the 100 stimpaks she already had.

I'm not a hoarder I just...like...to hoard things.

• Options
    Aw damn. I hope they do that on PC so I can get in on that sweet mule action. Due to a slight miscalculation, my 2 (1 with mutations) strength character ended up with 2500 lead on her inventory on top of the 100 stimpaks she already had.

I'm not a hoarder I just...like...to hoard things.
    You'll always have to end up sacrificing one of your babies in the end, man.

Its the worst if you're a fan of heavy weapons.

• Options
    Yeah, I basically had to decide I would never use a heavy weapon in order to make the inventory management remotely plausible

• Options
    Those who only use pistols have got it made.

Lucky bastards.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    I reinstalled Fallout 4 and all of the DLC on my PS4 last night and I'm planning to do another Brotherhood of Steel survival playthrough. The last one I did was awesome, but a few critical glitches prevented me from completing ... honestly, a fucking lot of the content I wanted to see. So I'm gonna start again from the beginning and try to avoid those bugs wherever possible. This time around, I'm going to try and avoid a lot of the weapons I think are overpowered (Old Faithful cheesed the shit out of my last run), and stick as close to the BoS theme as possible (Power Armor, Super Sledges, etc). It's been a while since I've last played. I can remember finding some Brotherhood mods for the PC last time, just stuff that opened up more of their armor in the quartermaster, stuff like that, but that also gave BoS members armor and paint jobs according to their proper ranks. Is there anything like that for the PS4 available that you guys know about? Any tips for this run through, especially if they're geared toward making it more challenging?

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Yeah, I basically had to decide I would never use a heavy weapon in order to make the inventory management remotely plausible

For heavy weapons you need a heavy weapons spec so you end up with 15 strength anyway. Especially when you user power armor to go with it (which you should because of the stabilized perk). Having such high strength and intelligence allows you to reduce ammo and chem weights to practically nothing, so you can carry an absurd amount around with you in order to keep your stash free. Really compared to my sneaky sniper, my heavy weapons dude has FAR less trouble with weight. Properly decked out rifles can weight upwards of 20 and when you're carrying around 2 or 3 of those plus some ammo it adds up way too fast. My heavy weapons dude, by comparison, carries a Gatling Gun of 7.2 (90% weight reduction legendary), and HMG of 20.7. And that's with no weight reduction perks.

Outside of heavy weapon builds though yeah there is no room to keep them around at all. But that's true of most weapons.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Put in a ticket weeks ago asking if it was okay to keep using a legendary I found and grew fond of since it seemed to be duplicating ammo on corpses. I stuck it in my stash for fear of reprisal with all the banning that went on in the past over stuff like that and hadn't taken it out since. No reply yet.

I miss my baby. ;_;
    gHRyCLz.jpg

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    It's fine, they did the same thing in Fallout 4. It's not like you can vendor the extras or anything.

I used a flechette harpoon gun for awhile and nothing bad happened. Go forth and enjoy!

• Options
    It's fine, they did the same thing in Fallout 4. It's not like you can vendor the extras or anything.

I used a flechette harpoon gun for awhile and nothing bad happened. Go forth and enjoy!
    I'm gonna keep playing it safe for now and keep it locked up.

Spent too much time on this character for it to get wiped over a couple of spare harpoons.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    There's something crazy satisfying about fighting your way through the Museum of Freedom, all the way up to where the Minutemen (or what's left of them) are holed up on the top floor, then just walking into the room, grabbing the Perception Bobblehead, and walking straight out the other side. Preston starts talking to you, expressing his gratitude, then just says, "Wait, you're just gonna leave?"

I love the idea of walking in, giving Preston Garvey the middle finger, and then leaving. Because fuck Preston Garvey.

This run's gonna be awesome.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    According to the quakecon panel, it sounds like they might be bringing back the generic raiders you can shoot at indiscriminately in the wild (in addition to the faction one you can join).

Rad weapons aren't useless anymore in 76. Yessss.

Also Moth Man cult!

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    This was special. Every time I tried to talk to Miss Annie with my new character to start the missing kid quest, I got dialog for a scout leader instead. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?