As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Canadian Politics] Takin' out the trash to replace it with... whoops.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The whole point of demonizing antifa is to create an idea of an actual organization with its own independent values, one that is the violent, anarchist/authoritarian (yes, both somehow) arm of the left. They actually want antifa to scare people in the same way that fascist thugs and death squads did, and to entirely separate the word "antifa" from the term "anti-fascist" or else invert it.

So yeah, there is another reading, and it's "antifa are the real fascists. Don't let them fool you"

What's awful is how successful this campaign has been

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    ...Lovely :-/

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    It is pretty incredible, the amount of cognitive dissonance or lack of shame (or both) it takes for anyone to support a party that has declared itself in opposition of anti-fascists.
    "So if we're opposed to a group whose sole purpose is to oppose fascists ...".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF9LP-9uG_k

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    It doesn't require any of that really. Because, again, "Antifa" doesn't mean anti-fascist to them. It's just a random meaningless name for the violent thugs of left-wing politics they believe must and do exist. (as always, much of this is projection)

Antifa, to the right, are the violent arm of liberalism. Nothing more, nothing less. And they are gaining in power, so be scared and vote Conservative.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    As of now, my son's school will be closed on Monday as a result of the planned start of CUPE strike. Since my MPP is already NDP and likely can influence things very little, is there anyone else I could contact to let them know to give the union what they want since schools provide such an incredible value to society? I also assume that should I message our fearless premier, I would essentially be ignored by good ol' Dougie.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Just found out that a lad I know through playing AFL and Gaelic football is standing just outside Montreal for Maxime Bernier's party.
    The strangest thing about it being that I would have thought that playing two decidedly non-canadian sports would have been enough to get him purity tested out of that party.
    Guess they're hard up for people.

sig.gif
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    As of now, my son's school will be closed on Monday as a result of the planned start of CUPE strike. Since my MPP is already NDP and likely can influence things very little, is there anyone else I could contact to let them know to give the union what they want since schools provide such an incredible value to society? I also assume that should I message our fearless premier, I would essentially be ignored by good ol' Dougie.

I believe it's technically the Minister/Ministry of Education who's the opposing side of the bargaining.

Ministry:
    https://twitter.com/ONEducation
    https://www.facebook.com/OntarioEducation/
    https://www.ontario.ca/feedback/contact-us?id=98698&nid=97165
    Telephone: 1-800-387-5514

Stephen Lecce:
    minister.edu@ontario.ca
    416-325-2600

• Options
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Just found out that a lad I know through playing AFL and Gaelic football is standing just outside Montreal for Maxime Bernier's party.
    The strangest thing about it being that I would have thought that playing two decidedly non-canadian sports would have been enough to get him purity tested out of that party.

Nah. UK/Irish things are grandfathered in by virtue of being not just white, but the right kind of white.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Nah. UK/Irish things are grandfathered in by virtue of being not just white, but the right kind of white.

Back in the day, even the Irish weren't considered white enough.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Corvus wrote: »

Well this is what we call progress!

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Oh for fuck's sake Trudeau.

Trudeau government seeks judicial review in decision to compensate First Nations kids
    The Attorney General of Canada filed with the Federal Court today an application for a judicial review and for a stay of the ruling — just two weeks before the federal election and days before the Oct. 7 deadline for filing an appeal.

The Canadian Human Rights Tribunal ordered the federal government on Sept. 6 to pay $40,000 — the maximum allowed under the Canadian Human Rights Act — to each child taken from homes and communities under the on-reserve child welfare system from Jan.1, 2006, to a date to be determined by the tribunal.

The ruling also directed Ottawa to compensate some of the parents and grandparents of children who were apprehended.

Aside from the horrible optics of doing this two weeks before an election (which, from a purely pragmatic standpoint I can understand because it's now or never), it's just a flat-out bad wrong thing to do. The FUCK, man?!
    The federal government's application says Canada acknowledges the finding of systematic discrimination and does not oppose the general principle of compensating First Nations kids — but it argues the ruling was inconsistent with the nature of the complaint, the evidence, past jurisprudence and the Canadian Human Rights Act.

In a statement released by his office, Indigenous Services Minister Seamus O'Regan said the government agrees affected individuals should be compensated — but it wants time to "address important questions and considerations such as who is to be compensated and the role of the Tribunal."

Well then maybe--and I am not a lawyer, so they might not be able to do that--you just ask for a review of the time frame the tribunal gave. The current deadline is December 10th. Ask for an extension on that, not for the whole fucking thing to be dismissed. And the "we need more time" thing does not jive with the wording of the appeal, which is basically "we think the tribunal did their jobs wrong."
    Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer said on Thursday that he would seek a judicial review if he was prime minister.

"This is a far-reaching decision that has major impacts on multiple levels of government," Scheer said.

"It would be appropriate to have a judicial review."

Get fucked, shitwank. Of course you would, but you're a quasi-overt white supremacist. I expect better from Trudeau and company, though by now I really shouldn't.
    NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh and Green Party Leader Elizabeth May have both said they would offer compensation at the level ordered by the tribunal.

No one cares, Liz, but nice to hear it, Jagmeet.

Fuck. 4 and a half billion on a pipeline that doesn't exist and might not get built, nothing for native kids and their families who were fucked over by the government.

Shadowen on
  • Options

Irish are the rightest kind of white now and that's all that matters.

• Options
    So, the NDP is calling for the Cons to remove their homophobic candidate in my riding, who is apparently "concentrating on door knocking"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/heather-leung-campaign-media-strategy-1.5308429

Going to have to ponder what to say if she knocks on my door.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    So, the NDP is calling for the Cons to remove their homophobic candidate in my riding, who is apparently "concentrating on door knocking"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/heather-leung-campaign-media-strategy-1.5308429

Shadowen wrote: »
    Get fucked, shitwank.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Disco11 wrote: »
    mrondeau wrote: »
    Outside of auto workers being impacted by job losses am I missing something with regards to this proposed "Robot Tax" from the Greens or is it as a frivolous a thing as it sounds? Hell, I don't even think auto workers were really impacted recently by automation. Pretty sure those companies just stopped making the cars they manufactured there.

Now my FB feed is full of people convinced that the auto checkout at Sobeys and Shoppers is putting people out of work despite the fact that I'm fairly certain studies have shown that automation tends to create jobs. Higher paying ones at that.

It's just stupid. It will simply move factories outside of the country. Also, attributing job loss is not trivial.
    Also also, stopping automation is not the answer to the problems caused by automation, unless you want to have half the country filling the holes dug by the other half. Just redistribute the profits, no matter where the factory is.

People here in Alberta are very blind to the fact that since the oil crash the Oil sands have heavily invested in and implemented a f*&k ton of automation in all aspects of extraction... I keep telling people that the jobs they are pining for LITERALLY DO NOT EXIST ANYMORE.

Automation is not just for automakers or big plants... With the advent of self driving vehicles and self-correcting a.i. ton's of jobs are on the block. If you sit in front of a computer for work there is a great chance you are going to be made obsolete in the next decade.

How so? Can you elaborate because I'm not seeing it and nothing I've read really points to the outcome you're suggesting. Automation will bring about change but said change does not necessarily mean a deficit in terms of how many net jobs there are.

https://willrobotstakemyjob.com/

Anyway, a lot of this is based off a paper which was published in 2013. Here's Another one from 2017.

svg_WorkFuture_V9_Ex5_rj.ashx

The truth of the matter is that, outside of a few areas (and things like physical human service areas), a lot of our work can be done via comptuer algorithms. I think adoption of the latter will be slower than people expect in some areas (due to lack of trust/need for manual verification), and faster in others.
    Clothing models, for example, I expect to largely be viewed as dead-end and possibly extinct within a decade.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/fashion/fashion-news/a22722480/how-artificial-intelligence-models-are-taking-over-your-instagram-feed/

You may already be looking at fake models and not even realizing it. Clothing models on amazon? May be fake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8siezzLXbNo

Every model in that video is computer generated

I don't think we're disagreeing. Automation will definitely drive a redistribution of employment and with that absolutely comes hardship for the individual. That said, the answer isn't to stymie innovation. We should be focused instead on preparing for this through education and retraining.

edit: Also, thank you for an actually insightful post. The article was interesting.

People have been doomsaying that automation is going to eliminate jobs since the dawn of the Industrial Revolution and it has never borne out.

1928 by Stuart Chase (before the crash)
    Machinery saves labour in a given process; one man replaces ten. A certain number of these men are needed to build and service a new machine, but some of them are permanently displaced. … If purchasing power has reached its limits of expansion because mechanization is progressing at an unheard of rate, only unemployment can result. In other words, from now on, the better able we are to produce, the worse we shall be off. … This is the economy of the madhouse.

The Nation termed it an “Automation Depression.” “We are stumbling blindly into the automation era with no concept or plan to reconcile the need of workers for income and the need of business for cost-cutting and worker-displacing innovations,” the magazine said in November 1958. “A part of the current unemployment … is due to the automation component of the capital-goods’ boom which preceded the recession. The boom gave work while it lasted, but the improved machinery requires fewer man-hours per unit of output.” This conundrum, moreover, would outlast present conditions and become even more apparent in an economy that was supposed to accommodate 1 million new job seekers every year. “The problem we shall have to face some time,” the Nation concluded, “is that the working force is expansive, while latter-day industrial technology is contractive of man-hours.”

1962 -https://www.jfklibrary.org/archives/other-resources/john-f-kennedy-press-conferences/news-conference-24
    QUESTION: Mr. President, our Labor Department estimates that approximately 1.8 million persons holding jobs are replaced every year by machines. How urgent do you view this problem--automation?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, it is a fact that we have to find, over a ten-year period, 25,000 new jobs every week to take care of those who are displaced by machines, and those who are coming into the labor market, so that this places a major burden upon our economy and on our society. It is one to which we will have to give a good deal of attention in the next decade. I regard it as a very serious problem.If our economy is moving forward, we can absorb this 1.8 million, even though in particular industries we might get special structural unemployment. We have seen that in steel, we have seen it in coal, we may see it in other industries. But if our economy is progressing as we hope it will, then we can absorb a good many of these men and women. But I regard it as the major domestic challenge, really, of the ‘60s, to maintain full employment at a time when automation, of course, is replacing men.
    Of course the workforce expanded absolutely and as a percentage of the population in the decade after that.

There's no evidence of it happening now, it's all theoretical based on the limited imagination of those doing the doomsaying. What actually happens is production increases and society finds new things for the people do to that in term produces more and increases the quality of life. Demand expands to meet supply for luxury goods. Jobs are going to be replaced by computer systems but that's the whole idea behind technological growth.

If running out of jobs was actually going to happen we'd by definition have to see a huge increase in productivity per worker because the workers running the AIs/systems/agents/robots that were going to take everyone else's jobs would be skewing the statistics and most likely workforce participation would be sharply dropping as would wages. But they aren't. Globally and nationally workforce participation is about flat. Wage growth doesn't match GDP growth because of income inequality but its still growing. And productivity growth per worker is actually pretty weak.

Can jobs be eliminated by smarter systems? Yes. And to make and maintain those systems there will be new jobs created. My job is to write code, bug fix and maintain HCIS databases that eliminate quite a few billers and office workers from hospitals, lowering the overall cost of healthcare (that's legal!?). That let's those workers do something else which means society nets hospital function + whatever else they do.

And since I'm one of the people writing code I know code is buggy, still labor intensive to write and pretending we are close to replacing workers with smart programs is largely bullshit. AI can do stuff a person can't but AI can't do what a human can do and we're still at the same 20-30 years away from that as we have been my whole life.

Everything in history suggests we as a society will come up with new shit to do. Most of the people who post here do jobs that weren't conceptually a thing when those claims from the 20s and 30s and 40s and 50s and even 60s were doomsaying. Borrowing trouble when we have real issues like climate change and the shadow of fascism over basically every Western power than isn't Canada is foolishness.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    CorporateGoonCorporateGoon Registered User regular
    There's now a rumour that the G&M is going to publish a big front page exposé this weekend about how Trudeau was fired from West Point Grey for banging a 17-year-old student. So that could be a thing... or it could be nothing since I've also read that the headmaster denies Trudeau was fired at all, and says his recollection is that he left because his father died and he wanted to go back to school

• Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    There's now a rumour that the G&M is going to publish a big front page exposé this weekend about how Trudeau was fired from West Point Grey for banging a 17-year-old student. So that could be a thing... or it could be nothing since I've also read that the headmaster denies Trudeau was fired at all, and says his recollection is that he left because his father died and he wanted to go back to school

Where is this rumour coming from?

• Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    That screams "Jacob Wohl's got a Canadian counterpart," to be totally honest.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    BlazeFire wrote: »

Where is this rumour coming from?

I'm not sure of the original source, but there have been cryptic comments popping up on various political news articles today because some reporter asked Trudeau why he left that job and if he had to sign an NDA. Also, Warren Kinsella (who super hates Trudeau) is dropping hints on Twitter that something big is coming from the G&M... but, he also thought the groping allegation from around that same time period was a world-destroying bombshell, so who the hell knows

Edit: The rumour mill says it might also be that someone has audio of him shouting some kind of racial/ethnic slur. But that seemed like something that would be way too hard to corroborate

CorporateGoon on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I'm not sure, "Randos in internet comment sections" and, "Anti-Trudeau twitter people" are worth reporting on.

Edit: For the moment, I'm going to say it's just as likely that I'll personally be releasing a recording of Andrew Scheer kicking my dog. For the record, I've never met Scheer, and I've never had a dog.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    finnith wrote: »
    I should add that I'm also bit of a coconut, so I'm never really sure whether I am representative of the diaspora, or if that's even a thing anyone should pretend to do ever (that is a big aside though).

Hey! My parents are from Bangladesh! Well, they came to Canada a few years before Bangladesh existed, but still....Bangali High-5!

I gotta say, I was with you for a long time as avoiding any responsibility for "my people" as I did not have a lot of the shared upbringing that my close family friends who lived in Brampton and Mississaiga did. The only culture I got where parties, weddings and Eid celebrations. Every other day I was being picked on for being a brown kid living a white life north of T.O.

But as I got older, university aged, I started to check my friends when they said dumb things or make to astoundingly ignorant assumptions about Indians because their girlfriend took a reflexology class in Goa one summer. Then 9/11 happens and all of a sudden, people quietly leave the Foot Locker in the Eatons Centre when I go in to buy shoes. Or the comic bombing at open mic night on Church st sees a brown dude in the audience and tries to score some cheap laughs at my expense... then I learned that the ideal I grew up with, that among my generation (late GenX/Xennial) skin colour means nothing, is entirely untrue.

Long story short... systemic racism doesn't care that we're coconuts. It only cares what we look like. So whether you like it or not, at some level you are a representative of the diaspora.

Haaha that's crazy, actually your parents probably moved over here around the same time my folks did!

I think to some extent my heritage is something I've willingly rejected, even as it's something that affects others' perception of me. I've traveled throughout Canada and parts of the US (small towns and big), and I might get the odd stare at most. Racism (the direct version at least) is something I've been lucky enough not to directly face more than once or twice in my life, and my only response to those people is FUCK EM. However unsustainable that might be as a societal fix.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    Also, you know, Jack Layton was the leader for what, 4 election losses?
    I think this isn't the norm at all, just recent history.
    I would posit that until NDP became the official opposition against Harper, they were firmly in "the knew that you had no real chance " party category.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    In other news about racism in Canada:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/dorothy-marston-bernier-protest-mohawk-1.5305661

Support a fascist, get called a fascist, even if you’re eighty and in a scooter.

[Marston says in the moment she was "fearless," even with people yelling in her face, but once she made it into the building she broke into tears.

"I was very sad because I love my country and this is totally in opposition to what it should be," explained the woman who was attempting to attend the fascist party event]

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Geddoe wrote: »
    I would posit that until NDP became the official opposition against Harper, they were firmly in "the knew that you had no real chance " party category.

Yeah. For most of their history, the federal NDP have been more about getting enough seats and votes to have some influence, rather than winning outright. Layton increased the party's standing with each election he led for, which was definitely a win by those standards at the time.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    I'm not sure, "Randos in internet comment sections" and, "Anti-Trudeau twitter people" are worth reporting on.

Edit: For the moment, I'm going to say it's just as likely that I'll personally be releasing a recording of Andrew Scheer kicking my dog. For the record, I've never met Scheer, and I've never had a dog.

On the other hand, the only lesson the right took from the #metoo movement is that "accusations of inappropriate sexual behaviour are bad". Which I guess is an improvement, since they used to be bragging points ("you can grab them by the pussy"), but now they both live in fear of evil women making "false" (read: real) accusations of rape against themselves, and simultaneously being the main source of false rape accusations against their political opponents (see: Mueller, Clinton). So I would be completely unsurprised if they falsely accused Trudeau of something like that in the coming weeks.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular

Yeah. For most of their history, the federal NDP have been more about getting enough seats and votes to have some influence, rather than winning outright. Layton increased the party's standing with each election he led for, which was definitely a win by those standards at the time.

He also traded away the actual influence the NDP had in 2005, which is a bit ominous for our hypothetical Liberal minority in 2020.

• Options
    Tenek wrote: »

He also traded away the actual influence the NDP had in 2005, which is a bit ominous for our hypothetical Liberal minority in 2020.

Certainly a misstep, much clearer in hindsight than it was back then. The point about their performance compared to expectation stands though.

I'd also like to think the party has learned from that 14 years later. Singh has indicated that he wouldn't make the same mistake.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    An agreement has been reached, the CUPE strike is over, school is open tomorrow!

Of course, I am out of town with the kids so the oldest one will still not be in class, but still. Good news

• Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    Judging from the details of the deal, the government backed down.

• Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Singh visited Grassy Narrows recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVot_JvgXN8

Just in case you can't sit through the whole thing, at the very least check out at 8:18 the tongue lashing he gives a Mike Le Couteur. He's from Global News.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    In some lighter news, Bad Moms the movie with Mila Kunnis is available on Canadian Netflix.

Interestingly however it is only available under its French title “Mères indignes”

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    Lethbridge got name dropped by Beaverton, oof.

Putin Impressed Canadian Voters Don't Need Help Spreading Disinformation

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    The Conservative candidate here in my local riding of Fredericton (an old colleague of mine) was on Facebook this morning complaining about the climate change protest this past week in Dartmouth. Her point being that the disruption caused cars to have to idle longer than normal and that many of the protestors were using plastic signs.

When I worked with her she was an intelligent and competent person. It's sad to see her now just parroting a lot of the same stupid garbage as the rest of the party. I mentioned to her that denigrating people protesting something important isn't very productive and asked, if it bothers her so much, why she wouldn't use this as an opportunity to highlight the conservative pov on the environment. Obviously, since they have no pov on that topic I instead got called a snowflake by her supporters.

I cannot express how depressed I am by the lack of any genuine discourse around anything of import this election.

• Options

Get fucked, shitwank.

Looks like this is what the Cons said to her as well, they turfed her. Probably just going to shift the local votes for her to the PPC candidate.

• Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular

Get fucked, shitwank.

Looks like this is what the Cons said to her as well, they turfed her. Probably just going to shift the local votes for her to the PPC candidate.

Looks like the Liberals are having the same problem... don't they vet these people?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-battiste-candidate-social-media-1.5311106

8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    The Conservative candidate here in my local riding of Fredericton (an old colleague of mine) was on Facebook this morning complaining about the climate change protest this past week in Dartmouth. Her point being that the disruption caused cars to have to idle longer than normal and that many of the protestors were using plastic signs.

When I worked with her she was an intelligent and competent person. It's sad to see her now just parroting a lot of the same stupid garbage as the rest of the party. I mentioned to her that denigrating people protesting something important isn't very productive and asked, if it bothers her so much, why she wouldn't use this as an opportunity to highlight the conservative pov on the environment. Obviously, since they have no pov on that topic I instead got called a snowflake by her supporters.

I cannot express how depressed I am by the lack of any genuine discourse around anything of import this election.

That kind of faithless handwaving is the Conservative POV on the environment.

The reaction to the protests in town baffles me. It's not like people didn't know about this for a week in advance - or live in a town that is just coming out of multiple years of long-term bridge closures intermingled with 'oops, we're closing the bridge all day tomorrow' levels of short notice.

Almost everyone I know in town is being disgusting about it, ranting about how demonstrations stop being permissible the moment anyone is the least bit inconvenienced, abdicating any kind of responsibility for the advance notice, or even explicitly calling for the demonstrators to be killed on the spot.

Of course these are also almost all people who were enthusiastically posting about large climate demonstrations shutting entire urban cores down happening out of earshot for the last few weeks. Because those are totally different, because, uh, reasons.

I am in a teensy bit of a sour mood about it.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    The discussion I wound up having this morning with local people was how frustrating the media coverage of the bridge closure was. It's un-apologetically framed as "look at these crazy climate change hippies causing such an inconvenience for everyday folks!" Look at this confrontation! Look at them getting arrested! Hurr, hurr, now they have to leave! We aren't going to tell you why it's getting shut down, but cars can use the bridge again!

No, it wasn't a great protest, but it's infuriating to see it so slanted on a topic that's so important.

• Options
    Yeah, the slant is obnoxious. This town really hatest protests, no matter what they're about, but it's a lot grosser than usual today.

The 'discussions' I had locally are about what you're describing, though they're a lot more bloodthirsty. It's like a repeat of 2016 where all the tough guys start talking about how great it would be if they were allowed to just run over anyone who inconveniences them.

• Options
    Apogee wrote: »

Get fucked, shitwank.

Looks like the Liberals are having the same problem... don't they vet these people?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-battiste-candidate-social-media-1.5311106

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone who's even thinking about entering politics doesn't go back and delete all their old social media posts. Or even just people in general. No one's ever going to see your tweets from 2014 again... unless you fucked up.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Apogee wrote: »

Get fucked, shitwank.

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone who's even thinking about entering politics doesn't go back and delete all their old social media posts. Or even just people in general. No one's ever going to see your tweets from 2014 again... unless you fucked up.

We've had one user from this forum who went into politics, and had the foresight of asking mods to delete his entire account here. If I ever go into politics, I'm doing the same.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.