As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Witness the beginning of a [movies] thread

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    bring back street corner puppet shows

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am all in on Chris Hemsworth as Hulk Hogan
    It is good casting for a complete trash bag of a man that should not be lionized like this movie will almost certainly do

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    bring back street corner puppet shows

Time to bust out my ventriloquist dummies and brush up my skills

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I imagine that doing a truthful account of Hulk Hogan would be legally perilous and also probably pretty difficult to source properly in the first place.

Also why we'll never get my most-wanted biopic, an absolutely truthful account of the life of Stan Lee

• Options
    I will eat a hat made of an edible but not enjoyable substance if that Hogan movie offers any criticism harder than "he did drugs sometimes and had an ego"

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I feel like Hulk Hogan would find it very hard to dispute, legally, that he used racial slurs and once fucked his friend's wife.

• Options
    Sure but he had an entire career outside of those events, and was hugely insecure about his name to the extent that it was apparently extremely difficult to work with him

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Tube wrote: »
    I feel like Hulk Hogan would find it very hard to dispute, legally, that he used racial slurs and once fucked his friend's wife.
    There are loads of shit beyond that that is far less heavily, but still documented, detailed and easily proven

Like ALLEGEDLY helping Vince McMahon cover up a murder, or busting up fledgling attempts at unionizing wrestling and actively destroying people's careers because he didn't like them (sometimes because they were black)

ALLEGEDLY

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I feel like there's enough there that is just far enough outside of "this is easily provable" that they wouldn't want to risk it.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I am very interested in the other casting choices for that film.

Who do you cast to portray Vince McMahon?

WHO???

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Another issue with projects like this is that, naturally, none of this stuff is particularly well documented beyond people having stories.

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

WHO???

a resurrected dennis farina

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

WHO???

J.K. Simmons maybe?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I thought I heard that Bradley Cooper was up for playing McMahon in the McMahon biopic, would that translate over?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    They shouldn't make a movie that lionizes Hulk Hogan

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

What if it takes place in the Bojack horseman universe and he’s a literal lion?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    If I remember right, Die Another Day starts with Bond's cover being blown because the villains look him up on their phones (not like, google him, but it's still laughably easy).

He's set up by a mole.

Ohhh, that makes sense.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I need to see a Hollywood re-enactment of the sex tape that brought Gawker down

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

WHO???

It's time for Ed Hochuli to kick off his acting career.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I need to see a Hollywood re-enactment of the sex tape that brought Gawker down

Won't be here
    The biopic will not delve into those years or attempt to encompass Hogan's entire life. Instead, sources say it will focus on his rise and is described as an origin story of the Hulkster and Hulkamania.

The deal, which took months to put together, will include life rights, with Bollea acting as a consultant on the movie as well as executive producer.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Haha no thanks

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    so Alita was pretty damn fun, and had a surprising amount of nods to stuff way later in the manga, for something clearly adapted from the slightly janky animated direct-to-video/OVA series moreso than the original comics (the character arcs for Chiren and Hugo are straight outta the anime)

I really want to see the director's cut, because you can tell a few script beats got trimmed to get it to the theatrical runtime

also definitely needed about another ten minutes of motorball because those bits were brilliantly done

yes it's me I am the big GUNNM nerd

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

His lawsuit against Gawker gave me such mixed feelings, because he's a real piece of shit but also what Gawker did was disgusting.

• Options
    Ultimately it's a huge negative because it empowers rich people to go after news outlets, even if in this case it was not a great look for anyone

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Ultimately it's a huge negative because it empowers rich people to go after news outlets

And it's already had significant effects during this point in the country's history with an administration already more than eager to go after journalists

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I am all in on Chris Hemsworth as Hulk Hogan
    It is good casting for a complete trash bag of a man that should not be lionized like this movie will almost certainly do

I will also agree with this.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    God dammit. I definitely don't want to see a piece of shit like Hogan be lionized in movie form.

On the other hand

I ABSOLUTELY want to see Chris Hemsworth as Hulk Hogan.

This fucking blows

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Ultimately it's a huge negative because it empowers rich people to go after news outlets, even if in this case it was not a great look for anyone

That's true.

• Options
    I know there is still a part of me that loves the memory I have of Hulk Hogan as a kid. He was just the most baddass motherfucker in wrestling back then and he always had such a positive message.

I struggle to separate that from the man he actually is sometimes.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I was just too young to really have much nostalgia for Hulk Hogan, the guy was kinda a kitsch object by the time I was old enough to notice wrasslin'

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Use the camera trick from the LotR movies to portray André the Giant.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I loved Hulk Hogan when I was a kid. Shame he turned out to be such a piece of shit!

• Options
    I always preferred The Ultimate Warrior so I've long since had to make peace with that one.

• Options
    I was a Macho Man kid

• Options
    WWF was something I barely even watched as a kid because I didn't know when it was on, but I liked the toys and had a single video of WWF's Funniest Moments

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    wrestling has always been one of those things I like hearing about more than actually watching

but I did try to watch WCW at its peak so obviously my favorite wrestler was Sting

• Options
    i watched wcw as a kid and i am very glad that sting is a good person since he was basically my hero

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    wrestling has always been one of those things I like hearing about more than actually watching

but I did try to watch WCW at its peak so obviously my favorite wrestler was Sting

Sting was A Number 1 for me and I was truly devastated when he lost the world title to Vader. I had a comic where he fought that piece of shit, that animal, Cactus Jack.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Apparently until last night, I got Alita the anime with another 90s anime about a mechanical lady, Armitage the III. So all of the plot synapses were super confusing to me. In fairness, I saw both of them like 20 years ago.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
This discussion has been closed.