As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anthem] Death from Above ! and Sideways ! sometimes even from Below !

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Jumped in to try the event for the first time. Pretty fun, I liked the puzzle stuff going on. I was with a group that seemed to know what they were doing so I just followed and killed things.

Down side is that we bugged out on one of the puzzles which didn't spawn enough orbs to unlock the main crystal. Also lag was really bad. I'm going to try to update my drivers before I try again, otherwise, I'll have to downgrade some settings.

I'm curious which orb you think bugged out. I've run countless Cataclysms and have never seen that. It could be just a misunderstanding of one of the more convoluted puzzles

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Performance-wise it's generally been on par with the other content in the game but I played in the new puzzle zone for the first time yesterday and when I was in that area specifically my framerate completely ate shit

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah it was the puzzle areas for me as well.

The bug was with the symbols and containers. You need 4 to unlock but there were only 3 “hand” icons and after searching there wasn’t a 4th unmarked one.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Yeah it was the puzzle areas for me as well.

The bug was with the symbols and containers. You need 4 to unlock but there were only 3 “hand” icons and after searching there wasn’t a 4th unmarked one.

Had that happen with one returned to behind the barrier. Guessing a team mate died while carrying one.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Is there someplace to go that will tell you what grenades to use with what assault launcher to get combos? Because my favored combo is acid launcher and sticky grenade and I don't have a masterwork sticky grenade. Three of every other grenade, no stickies (thanks RNG). And for the most part, I'm using everything I have, since i only have three legendaries total as it is. Sniper and machine pistol is kind of rough sometimes, lol.

• Options
    Played some more cat last night. Got a better hang of it, but man pubs on normal... I remember why I switched to SP games only. Not sure what I want to spend crystals on. I really like that glimmer skin, might do that as the crystal armor just doesn't appeal to me. Or try for some of the mastercrafted melee/support packs, since I have basically none (though it seems the cataclysm gives you one of each when completing it).

• Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Is there someplace to go that will tell you what grenades to use with what assault launcher to get combos? Because my favored combo is acid launcher and sticky grenade and I don't have a masterwork sticky grenade. Three of every other grenade, no stickies (thanks RNG). And for the most part, I'm using everything I have, since i only have three legendaries total as it is. Sniper and machine pistol is kind of rough sometimes, lol.
    Primers have this symbol:
    9emporxa7efk.png

Detonators have this symbol:
    3i2m1sl8jdns.png

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Played some more cat last night. Got a better hang of it, but man pubs on normal... I remember why I switched to SP games only. Not sure what I want to spend crystals on. I really like that glimmer skin, might do that as the crystal armor just doesn't appeal to me. Or try for some of the mastercrafted melee/support packs, since I have basically none (though it seems the cataclysm gives you one of each when completing it).

I'd definitely recommend grabbing support/melee pack until you've got at least the ones you want. No other source is dropping new versions of those so it's the best way to up your Javelin power.

• Options
    Yeah, I've been running each of my javelin's through to try and get at least 1 of each for each one.

Anthem though, why do you make it soooo hard to like you. This has been my night so far:

1) massive lag of some kind. Even in fort tarsis, I'll be moving like I'm skipping instead of running. In battle I'll want to move another direction but for a second I'll keep going the old way. My FPS counter is telling me 65-140 FPS, so I'm not sure it's on my side.

2) Took me forever to find a normal game. 2nd time, it just booted me in by myself as it gave up.

3) When in, the folks were clueless. They didn't help with the first puzzle till I had lowered each tower at least twice. Then they started helping. Trying to get them to move to the next event was a chore.

4) As we finish up, as soon as the mission ends, I get a DirectX error crashing the game...

I played with some buddies last night doing the story and it was fun. I think at this point, we'll romp though the main story and call it quits. I just can't believe how bad of shape the game is in. I had better performance in the pre-launch. I don't know the catacylsm is killing their servers or what, but when the funnest part of the game (playing around in your suit) is sluggish and not responsive, it just sucks.

• Options
    It's so weird to hear performance issues. I'm glad I bought it on the Xbox because I've never had any major problems.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    With his FPS at 65-140, it's not performance lag, it's network lag.

• Options
    Yeah pretty sure it’s on their side. Maybe more PC players stressing the hardware?

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    lol. finally got around to this, my first go is... chaotic, to say the least. I imagine had the server not shut down, something more could have come of it? heh.

and so, I went back to freeplay...

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hey, I'm kinda in a similar boat! Figured I'd take a break from Monster Hunter World to give Anthem a fair shake. Beelined straight for the Interceptor javelin since I never got to try it during the beta. Running through the first mission I'm actually having fun chaining together whirlwind knife attacks and throwing out ninja stars. Get to the last room where I need to protect the Arcanist from the wave of baddies...

...and that's when my breaker box decided that there shall be no fun in this house! Stupid 15A breakers.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    SyzygySyzygy Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    give Anthem a fair shake.

Why... In a MILLION YEARS... Would you think that was a good idea? The writing is on the walls, Anthem is headed towards the corpse pile of other failed "live services", and the husk of Bioware is on the chopping block. You don't just waste 6 years of time and money to produce a mediocre, critically panned broken mess and not draw the ire of the ones signing your checks.

Your breaker did you a service, it might not be too late to get a refund! I'd recommend Warframe or even Destiny 2 if you need a looter-shooter fix right away.

• Options
    Syzygy wrote: »

Why... In a MILLION YEARS... Would you think that was a good idea? The writing is on the walls, Anthem is headed towards the corpse pile of other failed "live services", and the husk of Bioware is on the chopping block. You don't just waste 6 years of time and money to produce a mediocre, critically panned broken mess and not draw the ire of the ones signing your checks.

Your breaker did you a service, it might not be too late to get a refund! I'd recommend Warframe or even Destiny 2 if you need a looter-shooter fix right away.

You've made a critical assumption: that I actually bought the game. It was sitting there in my Origin Access Vault, and figured it was worth the 30 minute download/install time.

Honestly, it's not that bad, and I'd dare say the Infiltrator was pretty fun.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular

lol uh welcome to the Anthem thread, I guess

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    there's a purchase price worth of fun to be had with anthem, especially at whatever it's selling for now

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    there's a purchase price worth of fun to be had with anthem, especially at whatever it's selling for now

I mean...Origin/EA is having a big ol' sale where Anthem is currently selling for $21.59 on PC or $20 on Xbox. From what I've played so far, that seems about right.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I like how giving something a fair chance is somehow the worst thing in the world

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

Chill, dude.

• Options
    It was a pretty accurate parody of the sentiment being parroted on the social media, I'll give it that

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    It was a pretty accurate parody of the sentiment being parroted on the social media, I'll give it that

On the internet nobody knows you're a dog.

• Options
    Hey, how can I quickly/easily get 8 big crystals for that armor, does difficulty determine payouts?

• Options
    I think difficulty might affect payout. But overall actually gathering crystals seems relatively easy compared to other grind elements in the game - even playing story mission Quickplays at GM1 seems to earn at least 1 Major crystal at the bare minimum, and for me playing the Catalcysm will usually wield more

Add to the fact that you can convert 500 minors to a single major in the shop (and most minor crystal quotas required for purchase are generally pretty small so you'll rarely need much more than that in reserve), that piles up thick and fast too

• Options
    Why did they remove the option to keep doing random Strongholds?

• Options

Didnt ppl just drop if it wasnt just that one stronghold anyway?

• Options
    No idea. But I would normally do a couple of Strongholds before I logged off, and now you can only do one. Randomly, anyway.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Hey, how can I quickly/easily get 8 big crystals for that armor, does difficulty determine payouts?

Crystals earned are purely based on total score at the end. Higher difficulties do have a modifier that increase score.

I'd say you should be able to easily pull down 8 Major Crystals (remember you can turn 500 minors in a major) in a night of gameplay even at GM1. I'd also recommend looking at and targeting some challenges. Many of them reward Major and Minor crystals too.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    8 majors is like one cataclysm. Only a 4mil score which is pretty easy on GM2.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2019
    evilbob wrote: »
    8 majors is like one cataclysm. Only a 4mil score which is pretty easy on GM2.

I don't even have a masterwork jav

like. seriously, when I said I played mostly just to dick around in freeplay... I meant that. :P

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    I’ve been doing Normal and i get 1 major and a bunch of minor ones each time. If i could get a decent group, I’d be all set in a night. But getting even 1 person on Normal that knows what they are doing is tough.

• Options
    You can play GM1 without a masterworked Javelin. They've lowered the difficulty across the board.

• Options
    yeah, I play GM1. Getting a 4 Mil score on GM2 is highly unlikely for me at this point.

• Options
    yeah, I play GM1. Getting a 4 Mil score on GM2 is highly unlikely for me at this point.

Just do a couple full GM1 runs. You'll have 8 Major Crystals easy by the end. Should take less than an hour.

And again, check out the challenges you haven't completed. Those are a solid source of major and minor crystals.

• Options

Just tried and they haven't gotten rid of it? Just scroll down in the game mode setting. The one you just run can get put at the top as tracked event and push it down the list.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Lol, I just noticed that tonight and was going to quote myself to correct it. As for the state of the game for me, I can solo legendary missions in GM1 and am pretty good in Strongholds. The Cataclysm stuff, I just follow the other people because I am lost bigger than shit in that place. Tried to do GM2 and it just takes too long to kill stuff. I've only got two or three legendary items and the game is being stingy about giving me something besides what I already have. As it is, I'm probably going to have to start dismantling masterworks soon, since I keep getting all the same stuff, lol.

• Options
    Last night I managed to do several clears and one fail, getting me to 5 majors. Will likely do the rest tonight. Was playing on normal.

I now understand why people skip the labyrinth event.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Have they made inventory management any easier? I haven’t played in a long time and I hated having to clear out my inventory. I wanted to mark a few things as save and then hit delete all.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Great news, one of Anthem's biggest promises can now be fulfilled

I can't wait to finally spontaneously yell "YES JARRA'S WRATH" like the lady does in the trailer demo. I'm going to farm so many fuckin Jarra's Wraths like you have no idea