As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anthem] Death from Above ! and Sideways ! sometimes even from Below !

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Moved up to Hard, only 24 so no GM1 for me. Still can't find groups to do the Cata with. 50% is joining by myself, 25% is a bad group that doesn't know what they are doing, and 25% is a competent group. I can rule out the crystal armor at this point, I'll still try for a few melee weapons for Interceptor and Ranger.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Great news, one of Anthem's biggest promises can now be fulfilled

I can't wait to finally spontaneously yell "YES JARRA'S WRATH" like the lady does in the trailer demo. I'm going to farm so many fuckin Jarra's Wraths like you have no idea

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Are these events/rewards only for a limited time?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    https://discord.gg/5ajHxQC people I've been running with. Seem a good bunch and they have guilds and stuff for all three platforms.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Mortious wrote: »

Current event thing is time limited. Highly unlikely to disappear forever on finishing, either ending up permanently repeatable or returning on a regular basis. New gear will almost certainly be able to drop anywhere after the event, just maybe at 75 power level instead of 80. I imagine it would be a very small change in stats if any if they do lower to 75. Cosmetic rewards I could see being exclusive to this event.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Didn't the Cataclysm event have new weapons? I mean, I've never seen one but they are in my challenge list, so they must be in, right?

• Options
    I think it does? how do you get notes anyway?

• Options
    I was able to get enough to get a masterwork melee weapon for my Interceptor and the Jugg when I unlock it. Would have been nice to get one for my Ranger, but it was painful running this event with randoms.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »

Current event thing is time limited. Highly unlikely to disappear forever on finishing, either ending up permanently repeatable or returning on a regular basis. New gear will almost certainly be able to drop anywhere after the event, just maybe at 75 power level instead of 80. I imagine it would be a very small change in stats if any if they do lower to 75. Cosmetic rewards I could see being exclusive to this event.

bleh, but that's how these things go I guess. Same reason I stopped playing Destiny 2.

I guess games-as-a-service just isn't for me anymore.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Looks like the event will still be around, it's just adding more stuff. That's good.
    https://discord.gg/5ajHxQC people I've been running with. Seem a good bunch and they have guilds and stuff for all three platforms.

Might give this a shot. Anything not to play with randoms anymore.

• Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Didn't the Cataclysm event have new weapons? I mean, I've never seen one but they are in my challenge list, so they must be in, right?

That weekly challenge gives the blueprints for the new weapon type sigils.

Notes are the little glowy things you pick up in cataclysm that give you stability/points.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Krieghund wrote: »

That weekly challenge gives the blueprints for the new weapon type sigils.

Notes are the little glowy things you pick up in cataclysm that give you stability/points.

"Okay guys, we can't call these things motes of light because Reddit will say we stole it from Destiny. Think fast."

"How about Notes!"

"Yes. Notes. They'll think it's a typo and their minds will autocorrect to motes anyway!"

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I got Riza's Ripper a few hours ago and it might be the first weapon in the game that made me go "oooOOoooo", it's silly and goofy in a way that reminds me of Mass Effect 3's charge-up weapons

The last weapon in Anthem that I similarly enjoyed was probably Thunderbolt of Yvenia but mostly because of the novel spontaneity of a gun that randomly makes enemies get occasionally struck by lightning out of nowhere (a shame it's overall kinda weak)

• Options
    I got Riza's Ripper a few hours ago and it might be the first weapon in the game that made me go "oooOOoooo", it's silly and goofy in a way that reminds me of Mass Effect 3's charge-up weapons

The last weapon in Anthem that I similarly enjoyed was probably Thunderbolt of Yvenia but mostly because of the novel spontaneity of a gun that randomly makes enemies get occasionally struck by lightning out of nowhere (a shame it's overall kinda weak)

Yeah, I'm hearing good things about the weapons. Pretty excited to spend some crystals and get a few to try out.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Got one of the new weapons today. Shard Storm, I believe, and it is a god damn monster. You have to charge it up like the sniper with the explosive ammo, but it will one shot a group of three Brutes if they are close together. Very limited ammo though, I think I was able to carry like 6 reloads?

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Welp, loaded up once more and tried this out.

Glad to say that aside from some server connection issues, it went well!
    I set one of my graphics to high and the game's played well.

Did a free play and a tyrant mine on GM1.
    We killed the tyrant before he got to sneak back up the first time. =)

no leggos, though :(

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    eg686ym2l1br.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    Welp, loaded up once more and tried this out.

Glad to say that aside from some server connection issues, it went well!
    I set one of my graphics to high and the game's played well.

Did a free play and a tyrant mine on GM1.
    We killed the tyrant before he got to sneak back up the first time. =)

no leggos, though :(

Cataclysm is the fastest way to get leggos. Aside from the many drops in a short time during the events, you get crystals that are turned into masterworks with a pretty high chance at legendaries

• Options
    Also get out of GM1 into higher difficulties as soon as possible. Time to kill in higher GMs isn't ridiculous anymore and the drops are much better.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Also get out of GM1 into higher difficulties as soon as possible. Time to kill in higher GMs isn't ridiculous anymore and the drops are much better.

GM3 is still pretty rough. I'm in all masterworks and legendaries with decent rolls and GM3 is not easy.

GM2 though is not that big of a jump up from GM1, like it used to be though.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    have they improved performance much? I haven't played since all these big updates started happening, but the game used to kinda chug in freeplay sometimes

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options

Ah, cool!

GM1 is a cakewalk still and yeah the reason I stopped gm2 was that it just took so damn long, not that it was that much harder. My suit's at 743 only but ya.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    have they improved performance much? I haven't played since all these big updates started happening, but the game used to kinda chug in freeplay sometimes

What platform are you on? I've found performance to be worse with the Cataclysm on the PC.

• Options
    It is Wednesday, my dudes.
    stha9dwloq4q.jpg

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    OK did a few Cataclysm runs last night with a couple of friends who had done it many times.

HOW THE HELL WAS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO FIGURE OUT ANY OF THESE PUZZZLES WITH A TIME LIMIT?

Or was that part of the.... the fun of discovery?

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    OK did a few Cataclysm runs last night with a couple of friends who had done it many times.

HOW THE HELL WAS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO FIGURE OUT ANY OF THESE PUZZZLES WITH A TIME LIMIT?

Or was that part of the.... the fun of discovery?

I think they're all pretty reasonable. Maybe only really grabbits is super hard to figure out because you have to find stuff under water and do stuff in a specific order.

Remember that you've always had the option of chucking it on easy and tooling around basically invincible checking stuff out. Just rush the events you know how to do for time and stability and then go check stuff out.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    The early-stage puzzle one (the one that came at launch) is suuuuuuuuuper rough for newbies. Most players are used to the simple act of "put glowy orb into receptacle" and nothing else, from the mainline game, so sitting around trying to figure out how to tell them to put that shit into the underwater slots to access the last one is a pain. (In one instance someone took out the underwater glowies while I was gathering the three in the underwater room and I drowned waiting for them to bring it back so I could actually leave)

The second primary puzzle section that released is really the same principle but in clearer terms in plain sight, so it's not as bad

• Options
    I think the toughest thing is that some of them require coordination.

A couple of times one of our randos would go off and do their own thing, die and get stuck.
    We obv ran out of time.

It's not bad, and I had 2 dudes who know a ton already so I was just following orders.
    I could see though it could be frustrating for a solo player.

One dude got stuck behind those triple force walls that you need someone outside to open.
    ^^'

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    This has always been the problem with Anthem going back all the way to the beta. They add in puzzles that require communication, but there is no in game text chat and 99% of folks have voice chat off. At the time, folks were asking for some useful emotes even like, "this piece is set" or anything that would tell others not to mess with something that was done.

• Options
    There is in game text chat now

• Options
    IDK, while text and voice chat are nice options, I don't think they're necessary to complete these. The only tricky puzzle was the underwater one, and using the universal language of shooting and emotes could get you through that the same as most other games with puzzles.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

Where? Do you have to turn it on in the options?

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »

Where? Do you have to turn it on in the options?

I dont play on PC, but I've seen videos of people playing and text chatting

• Options
    Settings -> audio -> voip -> turn text to speech on. Button to start typing is under key binds, I think the default is enter. Other players will see it on screen and get robot voice.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Yeah apparently a lot of randos still don't know what to do.

ugh.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Just cracked 14mil.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    o1h3hrtzq8rv.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Settings -> audio -> voip -> turn text to speech on. Button to start typing is under key binds, I think the default is enter. Other players will see it on screen and get robot voice.

What the fuck this is a big deal

• Options
    Got added a while back. Maybe 1.2?

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg