As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anthem] Death from Above ! and Sideways ! sometimes even from Below !

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    I enjoy the hell out of actually playing this game - it's easily the most fun I've had with a game this year; but fuck me the loot system is just depressing when all I'm really searching for anymore are legendaries.

Easily the best game to jump on and play 30-60 mins though.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    s4rarmfqcaoq.jpg

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    s4rarmfqcaoq.jpg

We get it bob, you want us to hate you! :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    bz5g9rjabjd1.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Settings -> audio -> voip -> turn text to speech on. Button to start typing is under key binds, I think the default is enter. Other players will see it on screen and get robot voice.

Going to have to try this tonight.

Grabbed 2 of the new weapons. I haven't tried the blade ripper yet, but the pulse accelerator is insane. It just melts the dominion troops. Maybe because it has a 100% elemental boost, but it puts my trusty Wyvern sniper to shame.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Aren't rapid firing guns more effective against shields, or am I being completely pants

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Don’t think the rate of fire makes a difference.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Jumped on around 7pm tonight.

Good: I got more new weapons and a lot of them are fun as hell. I have some shotgun type pulse accelerator now, that brings the pain. I think both the PA's are good in their own way. This one allows for more movement vs the beam type.

Bad: I completed 3 cataclysms tonight. From 7pm to 10pm, just 3. The ones I joined that were just me were better than the ones with folks who had no clue and I ended up dropping. I joined that guild mentioned earlier but I think most folks in there are also playing at a GM2 level and don't really want to come down to Hard.

Ugly: There was a 4th run that would have worked but the game frozen and crashed. I had 2 other crashes or complete lock ups just in the 3 hours I was on tonight. 1 required a hard reboot of my PC. Out side of the crashes, I was getting some weird XP bugs. On the mission complete screen after my first cataclysm, it told me I hit 26 and I should pick my last Javelin. I go to the forge and I can't pick a new one, which is when I noticed my XP bar was still at 25 (where I was before the mission). So I didn't get any XP I guess. I did get to pick up the last Javelin after mission #2 when I hit 26 again.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the advice I got when I was starting (which was good) is that you should just jump right from normal to GM1 once you hit 30

you'll be getting carried a bit initially, but GM1 is easy enough that nobody cares really and it's much easier overall than trying to do hard

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    My entire run through the game was on Hard difficulty which was still pretty easy, tbh (and you end up with the beginnings of Masterwork equipment which is nice)

GM1 definitely provides a mild challenge below full squad size (solo is out of the question unlike Hard)

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I fired this up and tried the new event and man

I forgive anthem a lot because the basic gameplay is fun but goddamn that was terrible; spent 25 minutes being vaguely mystified about where to go or what to do, then eventually got kicked (which fair enough, cause I wasn't really adding anything)

how are you even supposed to know what to do in those

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    I fired this up and tried the new event and man

I forgive anthem a lot because the basic gameplay is fun but goddamn that was terrible; spent 25 minutes being vaguely mystified about where to go or what to do, then eventually got kicked (which fair enough, cause I wasn't really adding anything)

how are you even supposed to know what to do in those

After a couple tries you end up picking the puzzles up. But man, you'd think instead of the stupid techno-babble, they could have put direct dialog in that instructed the freelancer on what to do. They drop some hints, like when you try and take an item through a suppression field they mention "it stripped it off". But that only tells you and not everyone else. Maybe while booting into the cataclysm have a screen talking about the different areas and what you need to do.

I wish I could jump right to GM1, but I'm only 26. The funny thing is, I'd probably hit 30 with a good group on hard for a night, since I seem to get half a level per run. But getting a decent run is hard enough, combined with the game glitching and not awarding XP some times, makes it frustrating.

• Options
    I think I might be a masochist to keep jumping in this game. Joined a normal game with someone who apparently studied the guide as they were getting every secret as well as knowing how to do the areas. Had the highest score I've ever had, on the way to do Vara, and the entire game freezes up... Tried to quickly quit and re-join to see if it would put me back in but nope. No xp or crystals.

• Options
    sbd3fac6afqd.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    God damn that run was satisfying. Brainstorming, testing and practicing over three days with the same people to massively improve our score. Could have had a lower 15mil run a day earlier but it fell apart with 4 minutes left.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    I hit Enter during a game and it did not open a text box
    Time to check my keybinds I guess

• Options
    You need to have VOIP on and text to speech on as well. I can now type things in, but I have no idea of anyone hears it since it didn't get folks to stop screwing around with the echos.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    This week of the cataclysm lasts one day longer due to I think labor day. So change of inversions, seasonal store, etc will be 24hrs later than normal. Featured store and weekly challenges should roll over as normal.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Tried GM2 for Cataclysm and some stronghold runs. Did ok, but no legendaries. Tried a legendary contract on GM2 as well and got absolutely curbstomped, lol.

• Options
    Does playing on GM1 limit the loot table for Legendaries like Hard does for Masterworks, or does it just affect chance %ages?

• Options
    Really need to did in to this cataclysm thing at some point, or at least get hte secrets.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Does playing on GM1 limit the loot table for Legendaries like Hard does for Masterworks, or does it just affect chance %ages?

Same loot table in GM1-3. Only difference is chance of Masterwork/Legendary

• Options
    meh. First cataclysm I started tonight two of the guys don't leave the bubble/ One did though, so the timer started, and I guess they may have been waiting for their supers to charge or something in hindsight? But I already switched games. So... eh

• Options
    FYI we're getting a patch too at rollover so there'll be a three hour downtime. No patch notes yet.

Got a solid crew together again and almost bettered my PB. Missed a couple of bombs due to confusion over if someone else had done them though and got 15.2 mil. Was a PB for two of the team though so that's nice.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/update-140?isLocalized=true

My personal favorite thing -
    We’ve increasing Vault limit to 350 items. Enjoy the extra space!

I was always right at the 250 cap since I tend to keep at least one MW of everything (until I get a really solid Legendary replacement) and any Legendary with good stats.

• Options
    Also, the chests available to buy this week are great:

- War Chest: Ranger, War Chest: Interceptor, War Chest: Storm & War Chest: Colossus (New) - These new War Chests will cost you more Crystals to open (2 Major + 100 Minor), but eliminate the possibility of getting a piece for a non preferred suit by granting a javelin specific item. Each chest will include 1 Gear, Support or Melee piece for the javelin of that War Chest. As a reminder, all War Chests allow you to trade in Crystals for a Masterwork item (with a chance to roll Legendary). The chests are also the only way to acquire the lvl 66 MW and lvl 80 LEG items.
    - War Chest: Weapon (Returning) - Grants one item from the new pool of weapons (which include MW and LEG variants): Pulse Accelerators, Volt Casters and Blade Slingers. These weapons are not javelin specific, so they can be used across all suits. (If you’re just jumping in or want more details on the new weapons, check out the 1.3.0 Update Notes)
    - War Chest: Gear (Returning) - Grants one Gear piece for a random javelin.
    - War Chest: Melee (Returning) - Grants one Melee weapon for a random javelin.
    - War Chest: Support (Returning) - Grants one Support gear piece for a random javelin.

If you haven't played Cataclysm yet or grinded too hard, this is the week to do it. Being able to target a specific Javelin or any of the other categories is pretty huge. I plan on trying to open as much as I can.

• Options
    Yesterday it said 6d to reset? Can I not grind to get the interceptor crystal suit this week?

• Options
    Also Obi how can you do patch highlights and not mention this?
    Story, Cinematics & Audio
    • Added the ability to skip cinematics if everyone in the squad agrees. Hold the appropriate button to vote to skip the cinematic scene. (B on Xbox One, Circle on PS4, Esc on PC).

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    That is pretty damn great.

ed: also, ugh, out of HDD space
    damn it Anthem

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Yesterday it said 6d to reset? Can I not grind to get the interceptor crystal suit this week?
    Also Returning to the Seasonal Store:
    Fragmenter Armor Pack (Ranger)
    Piercer Armor Pack (Interceptor)
    Shatter Armor Pack (Colossus)
    Shard Torrent Armor Pack (Storm)
    Drummer Boy (Ranger Arrival Emote)
    Kung Fu Bring It (Interceptor Arrival Emote)
    Triple Axel (Storm Arrival Emote)
    Entry Roar (Colossus Arrival Emote)
    Wrap: Royal Fragment
    Wrap: Fractured Twilight
    Graphic: Radiant Burst
    Graphic: Emerald Husk
    Graphic: Harmonic Crest
    Graphic: Night Lattice
    Decal: Crystal's Rage
    Decal: Crystal's Strength
    Decal: Crystal's Grace
    Decal: Guard Sheen
    Decal: Parry Sheen
    Decal: Strike Sheen
    Leather: Shark Skin
    Painted: Shiny Acrylic

Looks like they added everything that has ever been in the Cataclysm Featured store back into the store this week. So yes, you can still grind to get the Interceptor Crystal suit this week.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

- War Chest: Ranger, War Chest: Interceptor, War Chest: Storm & War Chest: Colossus (New) - These new War Chests will cost you more Crystals to open (2 Major + 100 Minor), but eliminate the possibility of getting a piece for a non preferred suit by granting a javelin specific item. Each chest will include 1 Gear, Support or Melee piece for the javelin of that War Chest. As a reminder, all War Chests allow you to trade in Crystals for a Masterwork item (with a chance to roll Legendary). The chests are also the only way to acquire the lvl 66 MW and lvl 80 LEG items.
    - War Chest: Weapon (Returning) - Grants one item from the new pool of weapons (which include MW and LEG variants): Pulse Accelerators, Volt Casters and Blade Slingers. These weapons are not javelin specific, so they can be used across all suits. (If you’re just jumping in or want more details on the new weapons, check out the 1.3.0 Update Notes)
    - War Chest: Support (Returning) - Grants one Support gear piece for a random javelin.

If you haven't played Cataclysm yet or grinded too hard, this is the week to do it. Being able to target a specific Javelin or any of the other categories is pretty huge. I plan on trying to open as much as I can.

The ideas for this are great, or they would be if I had any luck besides bad, lol. Never gotten anything other than a 66 item out of any chest, be it melee, support, or weapon.

• Options
    nuts, anthem update is 12gb, and because monster hunter world was doing a 30gb update it was just sitting in the queue, so I'll have to wait on playing for now.

• Options
    Somewhat better experience tonight.

Pro's: Had a group of 2 that knew what they were doing so we hit everything. Got like 6 major crystals on normal and the grabbit helmet, yay!

Con's: after that group it was bust. Several groups that didn't know what they were doing and wasted time. The last one I decided I'd just solo and see what I could do. I finished it, but only got 100 minor crystals. Also used my massive crystal haul on the gear box since I didn't have any masterwork gear. Out of 14 pulls, 5 straight were cluster mines. Another 3 were the same Ranger support. I did get a legendary Wraith Strike which is really cool.

Made it up to 27, really need to get to 30 so I can try and get some decent groups. Otherwise this is just really frustrating.

• Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »

The ideas for this are great, or they would be if I had any luck besides bad, lol. Never gotten anything other than a 66 item out of any chest, be it melee, support, or weapon.

People have cracked enough of these that they've determined that the chance of getting a legendary is about 10%. Considering it takes about 2 runs at most at GM2-3 to get 10 chests. I'd say thats pretty good. Especially since thats not counting the drops you get during the Cataclysm.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    So for the no-kill challenges how do you ensure that nobody comes along to ruin them since you can't private cataclysms?

edit: so I dropped down to easy and the first one I get into some asshat with grabbit ears rushes Vara and clears the stupid cataclysm while we're still at the start. >\

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Lol that guy had a very specific mission huh

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Lol that guy had a very specific mission huh

yes...screw everybody else over.

the next run we were down to two people, the other guy was messing around with one of the arenas with 3 minutes left so I pinged "Follow Me" and rushed Vara... and as it got low I waited for him to come, he arrived, supered her for the killing blow and it removed me from the server. So, I think the game was telling me that I should play something else.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Pubs are the worst in this game. Right now my desire to get new weapons and masterwork gear is slowly fading when every night I get 1 good group out of 5-6. Add to the fact that RNG sucks, I've gotten 6 f'n masterwork cluster mines while I'm still missing dozen's of other gear across all 4 javelins.

• Options
    Text chat would resolve any and all communication issues with this game

Had a Scar Mines stronghold where the point capture objective in the tunnels took like twice as long because we couldn't tell two chucklefucks that they could literally do the same kill farming a few steps back inside the circle holy fuck

• Options
    Are the crystal rewards the same for all difficulty levels?