DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    No, more ponchos!

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    JOE_1967 wrote: »
    More ponchos!

100%

also i'm broken but I enjoyed all the shitty collectibles in the first game :\

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    I want to play as
    Merrin.

I ended up liking Cal and his story but he is also a very boring young man.

Alternately a prequel where you play as the Second Sister and do inquisitor shit.

Aistan on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Lightsaber customization is so weird. Yes, I absolutely will waste time crafting the perfect looking lightsaber... that I will in no way actually be able to see in game.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Lightsaber customization is so weird. Yes, I absolutely will waste time crafting the perfect looking lightsaber... that I will in no way actually be able to see in game.

It's more noticeable when you use bright colors, I noticed the gold and red hilts stand out. But yeah, my default is "black and brutalist" and it's hard to even see.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    It's a super personal thing to most characters, right? Like if you get to create your character, you should also be able to create the lightsaber. Let us customize it just as much, if not more than, the character.

Additionally we should get additional unlocks for it as we progress through the game or beat certain challenges. "Rancor tooth from that fight on Nar Kreeta." "Ignition switch from a speeder bike." "Part of the wrap from Marka Ragnos' sword."

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I used pink and it was fabulous. Don't care about the handle though.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Well I just made my lightsaber bright pink so I'm happy.

Also I'm on dathomir with all my powers and just I think this section solidifies that very woman in the game is way more cool and interesting than playing cal the boring boi.

• Options
    nwrabenwrabe Insidious Squid Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I want to play as
    Merrin.

Alternately a prequel where you play as the Second Sister and do inquisitor shit.

I really hope the sequel makes her the playable character. Beyond adding more diversity, it makes it easier to create the mechanics and story in the sequel.

From a game design perspective it gives them an easy reason why you start back at level 1, lots of room to experiment with new moves and force powers, and maybe even add dark side skills or never before seen things (like the cloaking).

It’s also a good idea as it gives them a new storytelling perspective where they can play up her internal conflict, disillusionment in the greater good, or even Star Wars staples like trying to redeem someone.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    It also gives them a good way to go in the direction of force users after the jedi

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Hopefully they'll fix the jumping-from-a-rope-to-a-different-rope frustrations.

• Options
    I assume the jank will be addressed

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I assume the jank will be addressed

And replaced with newer, better jank.
    At 61 FPS.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

Nice! I'm excited about this one. I quite loved the first game. I just need them to adjust their level design a bit. Hunting down collectibles later was a pain in the neck.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    so excited to collect more ponchos

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    You've got to think of the possibilities.
    You should be able to dress other characters in ponchos.
    Including Vader.
    Especially Vader.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Yea, hopefully the ponchos will be gone in the next game. Such a boring collectible.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I should probably actually finish playing through the game. I only ever got to like the 3rd planet I think. Pretty sure it was kashyyk. I just hated that actor in the Batman show and the character isn't particularly compelling to me. The sith are more interesting.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    You've got to think of the possibilities.
    You should be able to dress other characters in ponchos.
    Including Vader.
    Especially Vader.

Two words for you:
    Lightsaber. Ponchos.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Yea, hopefully the ponchos will be gone in the next game. Such a boring collectible.

They would be fine if they were one of many collectibles. However, they were pretty much the only collectible, so finding chests quickly became very pointless for me.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    I might not play a sequel for a while. I finished the game but it was very forgettable to me and I didn't like the main character and really hated the wall running/rope grabbing/sliding shit. I was pretty all in on a Star Wars Dark Souls at first though. But they found a way to make me not like it. :bigfrown:

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Im in. First game was janky but a lot of fun. Hope they arent forced to boot it out early this time.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Open world, tighter combo system, tighter usage of force powers during a fight. Seriously it's been however many years and even with Fallen Order in the mix Jedi Academy still has the best saber fighting in any Star Wars game that has ever come out to feature a lightsaber.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    I loved sliding/swinging/crazy movement. Speed and freedom of movement is not something I associate with a soulslike and I think it helped give Fallen Order a unique identity. Just make it a lot less janky so that when I miss a jump it actually feels like my fault. I feel like this has been a solved problem in mascot platforming games for decades.

I hope they keep the world closer to Arkham Asylum than Arkham City. I avoid conflict like the plague in open world games; tight metroidvania spaces mixed with big open jumping puzzles are my jam. I loved how outdoorsy it felt though, even in very linear sections; hope they keep that.

Combat needs to be a lot less lose, though.

And I liked ponchos and cosmetic stuff, but I kinda want to collect energy tanks or orbs that unlock things on the tech tree or something that actually affects the gameplay.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    I didn’t like collecting the ponchos because, outside of a couple, they felt kinda dumb: I didn’t really like the look of them.

I wore one on Kashyyyk and wherever it was raining. Otherwise, no poncho here.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Aistan wrote: »
    I want to play as
    Merrin.

I agree I liked Cal fine, I didn’t find him awful or anything and empathised with him well enough, it’s just he was too much of a Luke kind of character and we’ve had a million of those, start using that universe to its full effect please

I also loved how the first game ended and just the world building and cinematic sequences, it kind of baffled me when some people found the game boring but to each their own I suppose.

Prohass on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Trace wrote: »
    Open world, tighter combo system, tighter usage of force powers during a fight. Seriously it's been however many years and even with Fallen Order in the mix Jedi Academy still has the best saber fighting in any Star Wars game that has ever come out to feature a lightsaber.

Yeah this sounds great

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    I also loved how the first game ended and just the world building and cinematic sequences, it kind of baffled me when some people found the game boring but to each their own I suppose.
    I think some people were just disappointed that the story didn't really affect anything; you go on a quest to find a thing that clearly won't end well, ignore all suggestions that it clearly won't end well, just barely manage to fix it after it doesn't end well, and decide that no, this thing won't end well and destroy the thing you spent the game looking for.

The end result is a slightly more focused rag tag team that've been snapped out of their respective funks in wanting to fight the Empire, but that's it.

(Which was all pretty much inevitable, as they obviously can't do anything substantial enough to warrant mention in the movies or later EU stuff, so they're not going to be founding any new Jedi Orders or anything)

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022

May 26th is star wars celebration, where the last one was revealed (I was in the front row!)

Will bet all my galactic credits 2 will be revealed there as well. I'll be there and will try my damndest to get into the panel!

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options

Everything except the open world. I am so burnt out on empty open world games. Keep the levels similar to the first game.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    May 26th is star wars celebration, where the last one was revealed (I was in the front row!)

Will bet all my galactic credits 2 will be revealed there as well. I'll be there and will try my damndest to get into the panel!
    Why not May the Fourth? I thought that was the traditional Star Wars day, just for the pun.

• Options
    klemming wrote: »

Why not May the Fourth? I thought that was the traditional Star Wars day, just for the pun.

May 4th has just become "buy star wars merch" day

• Options
    GiantGeek2020GiantGeek2020 Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Everything except the open world. I am so burnt out on empty open world games. Keep the levels similar to the first game.

I have to agree on this.

I don't mind open world in concept. But the last game I can think of that did anything remotely close to it and had it work for me was Skyrim. Whose latest re-rerelease was 5 seconds ago. But whose original release was over 10 years ago.

And in the intervening time I can't think of another open world game that has been entertaining.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Most of them, for me. Lets go open world star wars. I'm all in on that race. Vroom vroom.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    I'm starting this game over. I think my save in the wind tunnel is still fucked after passing over an objective that should have led to Force Pull.

The sequel should purge all the jank or no extra content is going to interest me.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Something more open world would be nice. Really something openworld that isn't just a giant field or city like Skyrim or GTA woulda be great. Swtor had some nice things going for it, but that ship sailed a long time ago.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Open world Shadow of Mordor style seems like it would work best. Or Ghosts of Tsushima.

• Options
    Leave these games as combat focused, but yes gimme Just Cause with lightsabers