As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Castlevania & Bloodstained] sitting in a tree, S-L-A-Y-I-N-G

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    also an official announcement now (teaser trailer should be soon)

I really, really hope the new writer is up to the task, or just involved Ellis as a ghostwriter somehow.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    They... know the story they're adapting has a title, right?

Eh, I guess this makes it easier for anyone who might confuse the anime and the game it's based on in conversation.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    They... know the story they're adapting has a title, right?

Eh, I guess this makes it easier for anyone who might confuse the anime and the game it's based on in conversation.

Yeah, good ol' Nocturne of Moonlight!

vT1G2GV7BEVoe3siPnqFCIwsS1jjxuWdBPY0HkTZQSpq8bDiOXBGstKgSLK9daasKjLXNLt3xwvph18P.jpg

The story might be far enough from 1:1 that its worth distinguishing them anyway.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Aren't they doing Rondo of Blood, specifically first? Like, that title is a bit unwieldy for a show (unless you're a Castlevania fan), and it's best to keep the show separate from the game timeline anyways so they can do whatever feels best for the story they're adapting.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Trailer is here and looking great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYvJZ3Itw8A
    Aside from Maira, the other ass-kicking ladies might be re-interpretations of the "damsels" of Rondo. No sight of Alucard, unless he's the narrator.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Fuck yeah, this looks great. Even from a composition/shot perspective. Lots of moments here that are visually awesome.
    mx6y37rtamvc.png
    e8n1six52dyd.png
    So sick.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    There better be a dark priest.
    His name better be shaft.

• Options
    Netflix has a teaser article that sheds a bit more light on the setting and who the main characters are in the trailer.
    Annette appears to be a fighter from the carribean now, who is learning magic from...

Tera, the older blonde woman, who trains magic users and vampire hunters.

Olrox is here! He killed Richter's mother right before him, but may end up teaming up with him in the end to stop...

Erzsebet Bathroy, the Vampire messiah (also star of Bloodlines/Generations but eh...)

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    That cannot be how they spell that name

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: Β»

I'm just really curious how they'll reconcile Dracula's resurrection with his depiction at the end of S4.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

I'm just really curious how they'll reconcile Dracula's resurrection with his depiction at the end of S4.

I imagine "displeased. More than last time"

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The best way, imo, would be to have someone draw the Power of Dracula into themselves, becoming a new Dracula. Just introduce that idea right away, allowing for the Soma plotline to be organic if they ever feel like getting there.

• Options

You're right, I forgot a diacritical.
    Netflix wrote:
    Erzsebet BΓ‘thory

Still an improvement over Bloodlines.

upasop1vodpj.jpg

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I see NuSypha is up to her ice magic bullshit, that makes me very happy.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular

Netflix wrote:
    Erzsebet BΓ‘thory

upasop1vodpj.jpg

How is that an improvement? It's worse!

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote: Β»

Netflix wrote:
    Erzsebet BΓ‘thory

upasop1vodpj.jpg

How is that an improvement? It's worse!

One's close to the actual Hungarian name. The other sounds like some rando ship engineer that discovered Protomorphosis Syndrome.

• Options

The best way, imo, would be to have someone draw the Power of Dracula into themselves, becoming a new Dracula. Just introduce that idea right away, allowing for the Soma plotline to be organic if they ever feel like getting there.

I have to figure that, after death and resurrection and almost certainly a life where he got to end peacefully, pulling his essence back into the world would piss him off. I like shoe's idea, though. Just toss the Soma-style "certain people can embody the potential to be that era's Dracula" is a simple way to do it, I think.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Did we see any indication at the end of the original series that the resurrected Dracula wasn't a vampire? I thought part of the whole deal with the abomination they were creating was that it was a forced embodiment of opposites like male and female, good and evil, mortality and immortality, etc? Just snagging a human Dracula wouldn't really work there.

I'm not saying that wasn't the case, just that I didn't notice anything about the returned Dracula that made me think he was human again. He had his wife back so he simply wasn't insane any longer.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I would love the 'Power of Chaos' aspect to be presented in the series, i.e. Dracula did a ritual to become the avatar of Chaos in the world and that's how he became a vampire, and without him someone else can step into the role.

Mind you, the man himself might be around. He was still an immortal vampire by the end of the first series.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=mUH_93YpL0Q

The Japanese dub all pronouncing 'Belmont' as "Belmondo" is a fun touch

• Options
    Fun how they picked different words for the title that still mean "nocturne of moonlight". Maybe there is some kind of actual trademark issue or mandate from Konami.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'm fucking stoked they're including Bloodlines stuff. It was my favorite Genesis game, and I hope they bring Eric and John in to lead into Jonathan and Charlotte.

• Options
    Fun how they picked different words for the title that still mean "nocturne of moonlight". Maybe there is some kind of actual trademark issue or mandate from Konami.

6 months after the series is released and suddenly we get ads for a remake of Rondo of Blood/interpretation of the series called "Nocturne of Moonlight".

Hey, a guy can dream, right?

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Do we know who the new writer/s is/are?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    The eclipse in the trailer puts me in mind of Soma's story. They talk about the vampire messiah as a woman in the trailer. Maybe Dracula is not appearing in this story. Alucard is probably sleeping it off at this time.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options

The Wikipedia page says "Written by Clive Bradley".

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    It’d be very funny to bring this scene full circle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5MjZ9Ip7qQo

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: Β»

Huh. According to this he's a British screenwriter who has written a bunch of stuff we Yanks have never heard of.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2023

Huh. According to this he's a British screenwriter who has written a bunch of stuff we Yanks have never heard of.

I see award winning dramas and thrillers but what are his nerd credentials? Does he understand Castlevania? Has this writer achieved 101% in SotN?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I heard Clive Bradley knows what the secrets in the miserable pile are, and this season is going to finally reveal them all.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: Β»

I see award winning dramas and thrillers but what are his nerd credentials? Does he understand Castlevania? Has this writer achieved 101% in SotN?

100.6%!

And you can get map percentage to over 400% if you glitch it.

SotN is real silly.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is 100.6 with or without those obnoxious little blocks in the upside down caves you need to change into a dog to get?

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    No, that's with those blocks. So really 200.6% but whatever.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular

Also three contributing writers, retweeted by the director(s):

• Options
    I'm not familiar with any of them, but the teaser seems fine, so I guess we'll see, though I kind of prefer when the entire season is written by one person, since it's more consistent.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited August 2023
    This is a hollow knight final boss spoiler
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/2052003902314238998/3F9E3769F85070A9B0DCA9ABB6CE391EC7156AD8/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=#000000&letterbox=false

Just know... that I am in immense emotional distraught right now.

I followed this up with two attempts where I got obliterated in p1 by easy attack patterns and called it a night.

edit: woke up today and claimed victory this time!

This game was a ride. I might come back and clean up the unfinished dreams and grimm and try the pantheon stuff after a nice good break but man... that game was amazing. I can't believe I'll have to wait a few months for the sequel

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, you were like this close.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I can't believe I'll have to wait a few months for the sequel

ha

ha

ha

ha

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    A new Crowsworn trailer was revealed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwvx3ksnOQs&ab_channel=MongooseRodeo

No release date, but to the surprise of no one the devs said that their initial release window of December 2023 was a tad optimistic, so the game will release later. They were wildly successfully in funding, so they're going to put it to use.

They also updated the steam demo, if you're a backer. It looks great, very solid and fun gameplay, and my goodness was the last boss obnoxious as hell. Really looking forwards to this one.

H9f4bVe.png