As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jeffrey Epstein Co-Conspirator Ghislaine Maxwell Finally Convicted

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    It's nice to be powerful: Manhattan's DA argued that Epstein should be a level 1 (low level) sex offender instead of a level 3 (highest) like the law pretty clearly required. Cyrus Vance is a pox on that city.

Also I don't think this was in the documents, but the government's lawyers said Epstein's massage room is set up exactly the same as it was 15 years ago, or at least the way victims remember it.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    It seems like the entire upper crust of the baby boomer generation is connected to Epstein when I read about it.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Jephery wrote: »
    It seems like the entire upper crust of the baby boomer generation is connected to Epstein when I read about it.

oh no, what a shame if they were to all go to jail!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

Bill Clinton says "I AIN'T KNOW NUTHIN'!"

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

Bill Clinton says "I AIN'T KNOW NUTHIN'!"

One thing with Clinton is he is never actually alone. So you can actually match everything in those statements. Downside of being an ex-President. The secret service are with you for life.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Possibly 1000's of images and "voluminous" evidence and testimony...screw Epstein, the horse he rode in on, and anyone else connected to this shit, regardless of politics.

These guys just seem incapable of not gloating. And it's nice to see them get crushed for it when circumstances allow.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Possibly 1000's of images and "voluminous" evidence and testimony...screw Epstein, the horse he rode in on, and anyone else connected to this shit, regardless of politics.

These guys just seem incapable of not gloating. And it's nice to see them get crushed for it when circumstances allow.

I saw the suggestion on Twitter that those are the blackmail pictures.

Probably a bit of both, in my opinion.

• Options
    Also, are there, like, liberal people suggesting we shouldn't search to deep or it might expose Clinton, or is it only conservatives? I've never seen anyone saying we need to stop and save bill Clinton.

Like, I kinda hate the fact that Hillary is directly responsible for Trump. Fuck the Clinton's.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ok so why did Bill Clinton have any contact with Epstein? Like why were so many people connected to such a slime ball?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    It's entirely possible Clinton had nothing to do with Epstein's shittier illegal actions and was just around him so much because Epstein is rich.

But this is something he habitually lies about so while I'd wait for proof that he participated, I don't believe him in the slightest.

• Options
    I haven't heard any liberal person saying we shouldn't involve Bill if he's involved. If anything that's a conservative straw man of a liberal position.

"Well if its your guy..."

"Get him to? And who's someones guy? No one has a guy, there all just a bunch of guys"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ok so why did Bill Clinton have any contact with Epstein? Like why were so many people connected to such a slime ball?

Money and connections. Most of a politician's life in office is begging for money.

• Options
    edited July 2019

He had lots of money and gave it to a lot of stuff. And money buys you access. To everything.

At least that's the public story. And it's true but maybe not complete.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

Money and connections. Most of a politician's life in office is begging for money.

Was he a big political donater? I know he donated a bunch to harvard that they are keeping because if they got rid of rapists who gave them money...

I mean I'd heard of Epstein before but I was confused how one dude seemed to be connected to so many people but otherwise have no like big presence in like charity or anything. Like the only thing I know about him is he's rich and he's a scumbag rapist who targeted under age women.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Was he a big political donater? I know he donated a bunch to harvard that they are keeping because if they got rid of rapists who gave them money...

I mean I'd heard of Epstein before but I was confused how one dude seemed to be connected to so many people but otherwise have no like big presence in like charity or anything. Like the only thing I know about him is he's rich and he's a scumbag rapist who targeted under age women.

Pretty big in a pre Citizens United sense. But really access is comically cheap. 157k over 15 years to Clinton, Dodd, Gephardt, Kerry, and the like. His political giving dried up in '04 until recently. He gave the max to the Virgin Islands non-voting representative. And tried to give 10k to to the DCCC but they returned it because he's Jeffrey Epstein.

Something like 30 million to Harvard though.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

Pretty big in a pre Citizens United sense. But really access is comically cheap. 157k over 15 years to Clinton, Dodd, Gephardt, Kerry, and the like. His political giving dried up in '04 until recently. He gave the max to the Virgin Islands non-voting representative. And tried to give 10k to to the DCCC but they returned it because he's Jeffrey Epstein.

Is there some scam here I'm missing? That seems odd.

• Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

Is there some scam here I'm missing? That seems odd.

One of his residences is in the USVI. The private island. Which is definitely something you want your sex traffickers to own.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2019
    yikes, that's gonna be embarrassing.

tynic on
  • Options
    tynic wrote: »

Harvard doesn't care. One of the single most corrosive institutions in America.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

Money. He was raising money for the Clinton Foundation (at the time as far as i hnderstand it)

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    We have a shit swamp that is created by assholes being able to accrue too much money and thus influence.

-This gets them access to other people in power because money is either needed to fund campaigns or to fund projects.
    -Some of those people are aware of how shitty the individual is, but don't fucking care (I think this covers the people running Harvard).
    -Some of those people might suspect the individual is shitty, but don't want to look into it because it'll either cost them access to those funds or they'll have to refuse/return money.
    -Some of those people might assume that others are looking into the matter and since nothing has been said, they person with money must just be an asshole and not a monster.

Trump, Manafort and Epstein are all individuals that prove we really need to not only kill CU, but also have a tax code that starts to greatly erode wealth once people hit a certain threshold. These monsters get away with their shit because they can amass tons of money to pay out numerous cheap bribes to get access and cover their asses.

• Options

But, like, all the supreme court justices are from Harvard.

So probably a good return on your investment if you plan on doing all the crimes

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Honestly that Barr isn't unrecusing himself tells you all you need to know regarding Trump. If this was going to blow back on Trump he'd be there front and center to shut it down.

Barr recusing himself isn't because Trump is innocent, it's because he doesn't want to get thrown under the bus by Trump

I have little doubt if this was going to come anywhere near the GOP Barr would unrecuse himself. I'd lay hard money to that effect.

Then what does "recuse" even mean?

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »

But, like, all the supreme court justices are from Harvard.

So probably a good return on your investment if you plan on doing all the crimes

Five. The other four went to Yale.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    Honestly that Barr isn't unrecusing himself tells you all you need to know regarding Trump. If this was going to blow back on Trump he'd be there front and center to shut it down.

Barr recusing himself isn't because Trump is innocent, it's because he doesn't want to get thrown under the bus by Trump

I have little doubt if this was going to come anywhere near the GOP Barr would unrecuse himself. I'd lay hard money to that effect.

Whatever he wants it to

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

Nothing about recusing himself is binding. It would just look really bad if he did so.

Which, well

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Whatever he wants it to

Much like "executive privilege".

• Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

Money. He was raising money for the Clinton Foundation (at the time as far as i hnderstand it)

How long was Epstein known for being Epstein while working for the Clintons?

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    Phasen wrote: »

He was working for the Clintons? I haven't read that elsewhere. As best as I can tell, his first conviction for <waves hands> this shit came in '06-ish, so after when the statement says Bill was on Epstein's plane(s).

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Since getting kicked from Bear Stearns for Reg D SEC violations in 1981, Epstein never really worked "for" anybody, but rather "with" lots of people.

He seemed to get his ins with the Clintons starting in 2002, as that's when he flew Bill to Africa for a couple of things and started consulting with things for the Clinton Foundation in it's relative infancy.

2002 is also the year of Trump's big public comment about "knowing Jeff for 15 years, terrific guy, like him, likes the ladies and likes them young."

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular

Since getting kicked from Bear Stearns for Reg D SEC violations in 1981, Epstein never really worked "for" anybody, but rather "with" lots of people.

He seemed to get his ins with the Clintons starting in 2002, as that's when he flew Bill to Africa for a couple of things and started consulting with things for the Clinton Foundation in it's relative infancy.

2002 is also the year of Trump's big public comment about "knowing Jeff for 15 years, terrific guy, like him, likes the ladies and likes them young."

Thanks that helps me understand it a bit more.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    It truly is a sight to see so many anti-liberal trolls on twitter banging the “Clinton is going down! What’re you gonna do THEN?!” drum and literally every response is like “I dunno, celebrate? Fuck ‘em in that case.”

Re: Harvard, they already said back when Epstein was first making his plea deal that they wouldn’t give back the money he donated. They also have refused to comment on this new situation as of yesterday afternoon.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    We have a shit swamp that is created by assholes being able to accrue too much money and thus influence.

-This gets them access to other people in power because money is either needed to fund campaigns or to fund projects.
    -Some of those people are aware of how shitty the individual is, but don't fucking care (I think this covers the people running Harvard).
    -Some of those people might suspect the individual is shitty, but don't want to look into it because it'll either cost them access to those funds or they'll have to refuse/return money.
    -Some of those people might assume that others are looking into the matter and since nothing has been said, they person with money must just be an asshole and not a monster.

Trump, Manafort and Epstein are all individuals that prove we really need to not only kill CU, but also have a tax code that starts to greatly erode wealth once people hit a certain threshold. These monsters get away with their shit because they can amass tons of money to pay out numerous cheap bribes to get access and cover their asses.

Its hard to really imagine the level of gravity a billion dollars gives a person. Like if I paid off my house and medical debt and really tightened down on spending, in 15 or 20 years I could be a millionaire on my high five figure salary. To be a billionaire it would take longer than the entirety of human history. This guy can throw around money most people can’t imagine. Small time politicians like the VI rep, a hundred thousand dollars which would be a rounding error for Epstein might be equivalent to a year or two of fundraising. Even a big politician, when faced with the choice of doing a month of hard fundraisers or playing nice with a guy who you think might be up to shady shit but you don’t know and can’t prove, is probably a hard choice in the moment.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Mill wrote: »

Its hard to really imagine the level of gravity a billion dollars gives a person. Like if I paid off my house and medical debt and really tightened down on spending, in 15 or 20 years I could be a millionaire on my high five figure salary. To be a billionaire it would take longer than the entirety of human history. This guy can throw around money most people can’t imagine. Small time politicians like the VI rep, a hundred thousand dollars which would be a rounding error for Epstein might be equivalent to a year or two of fundraising. Even a big politician, when faced with the choice of doing a month of hard fundraisers or playing nice with a guy who you think might be up to shady shit but you don’t know and can’t prove, is probably a hard choice in the moment.

Really drives home the thought what an unmitigated desaster unchecked capitalism really is.

TheBigEasy on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    This is an interesting theory on Epstein's actions:
    (1/13) Let's take as our starting points two givens.
    (A.) You are a committed, unrepentant pedophile
    (B.) Because of your old job in private banking, you are very connected to lots of very, very wealthy people
    We'll also assume a goal:
    (Z.) You want to become very rich
    (2/13) The obvious route is, well, obvious: you could just be a pimp, offering underage prostitute services to very rich people. This has two problems: you're very disposable (see: DC madam), and it's also not super lucrative. You can't charge millions of dollars up front.
    (3/13) The second level though follows instantly: You don't need to charge up front, just get them to have underage sex, and then blackmail them afterwards for hush money. Better ROI, but you're still a liability, and producing and receiving big bribe money raises big questions.
    (4/13) So, what to do? Well, the second idea has some merits. First, you need to recruit people in. Have lots of massive parties at your spacious home (check), invite top academics, artists, politicians to encourage people to come (check), and supply lots of young women (check)
    (5/13) You don't even have to do anything, and most people invited might even be totally unaware of the real purpose of the parties! But, sooner or later, some billionaire will get handsy, she'll escort him to a room with a hidden camera, things happen. Morning after, you strike.
    (6/13) You inform him she was really 15, but you offer him a nice, neat way to buy your silence: a large allocation to your hedge fund, which charges 2/20 (check). To ensure nobody else asks questions, you also take the extraordinary step of demanding power of attorney (check)

Basically, everything that we've seen so far lines up with this.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    That touches on something I have been wondering in general? How is Epstein as rich as he is? Like, where did he get that much money considering that until Trump became a thing us outside the US had never heard of him about anything...

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    He got rich as a hedge fund manager

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Hedge fund managers either get rich, or get bankrupt. there isn't really much of a middle ground.

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular

This is something people are questioning, because he didn't seem to have a large enough base of clientele to be able to leverage into the billionaire-club.

Here's a couple tweets about it from Alan Cole (his bio says "Business Economics and Public Policy @Wharton&quot;):

Text if you can't see tweets:
    Look, I don't have any special knowledge (thank god), but I know some things about:

-distribution of high-end wealth
    -billionaire family office structure
    -fee structures for asset managers

and how those fit together mathematically. Epstein's self-told life story doesn't add up.
    In popular Underpants Gnome form:
    1. In a family office with few clients, you'll never be richer than the clients. You get 2-and-20 but they still get, um, 98-80.
    2. Okay, so have many clients or big institutional investors.
    3. He explicitly forgoes those.
    4. ???
    5. Billionaire!