As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Patch 8.2.5, shorter version: J. Allen Brack is a big Meanie

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I’m probably hampering myself, but I’ve been going through and actually purging Corruption off items. Especially if it’s +30 or more.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I’m probably hampering myself, but I’ve been going through and actually purging Corruption off items. Especially if it’s +30 or more.

yeah, terrible idea. if you don't really want to engage with the system much, you should run 39 corruption after resistances. Doing anything less is just throwing away 20-25%+ performance.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Well, my first three mask run went well. I reached Thrall with 1000 Sanity, two orbs, and my death all remaining.

I'm kinda tempted to do a four mask run this week and see how it goes.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »

yeah, terrible idea. if you don't really want to engage with the system much, you should run 39 corruption after resistances. Doing anything less is just throwing away 20-25%+ performance.
    Doesn't that kind of depend on the corruption though? I can't imagine the various secondary stat ones are responsible for that much better performance.

• Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

Doesn't that kind of depend on the corruption though? I can't imagine the various secondary stat ones are responsible for that much better performance.

Some can be pretty meh, but if you're purging everything you're just missing out on free dps regardless of how bad they were since running up to 39 effective corruption is pretty easy to deal with.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

The secondary stat ones can be some of the best for many classes. Secondaries always scale incredibly well near the end of an expansion.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I know that everybody benefits from DPS increases, even healers. And I do add as much DPS as I can with my spare GCDs. But I also feel like Blizzard completely forgot about healers when they designed corruption. Why aren't there any corruption effects that enhance my healing throughput or efficiency?

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I know that everybody benefits from DPS increases, even healers. And I do add as much DPS as I can with my spare GCDs. But I also feel like Blizzard completely forgot about healers when they designed corruption. Why aren't there any corruption effects that enhance my healing throughput or efficiency?

The secondary stat ones have a deceptively large impact on healing. But, to be fair, it's not as gratifying as seeing huge Twilight Devastation procs.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Yeah, I guess that's more what I was talking about. The proc ones. Void Tendrils, Echoing Void, all that.

It would definitely be more gratifying as a healer if I procc'd some sort of over the top healing effect every so often.

• Options
    Yeah, I guess that's more what I was talking about. The proc ones. Void Tendrils, Echoing Void, all that.

It would definitely be more gratifying as a healer if I procc'd some sort of over the top healing effect every so often.

Main issue with that is that it just wouldn't be that strong. There are a few cases where DPS procs are useless, but mostly DPS is always nice no matter when it happens, even if the actual value can vary.

Because healing is a zero sum game - you can only heal as much damage as there is to heal - giant healing procs aren't really useful. It's why Mistweavers don't like Vision of Protection as their major but holy paladins love it, because random procs of Revival have a pretty high chance of being worthless while procs of wings are always useful, even if only for damage.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I'd like corruption more if the ones I got on random pieces weren't trash garbage

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I don't hate Corruption at all as a system, but the way it's been implemented and the trashfire of its balance has made it really clear that BfA is a skeleton crew at the moment. Which, hey, maybe that means Shadowlands will be amazing.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I don't hate Corruption at all as a system, but the way it's been implemented and the trashfire of its balance has made it really clear that BfA is a skeleton crew at the moment. Which, hey, maybe that means Shadowlands will be amazing.

This is what I thought about how they hyped up Legion after WoD

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Awesome/Bad has held true for 6 (!) expansions now, so we're on track for Shadowlands to be good.

• Options
    I did the timewalking event on my only 120's for gear and got trinkets
    My rogue got eoid6qdde7oj.jpg
    My Warlock got
    qxm0rd7vg94g.jpg
    I don't get the one my rogue got

• Options
    It's just a big haste buff, and it will give haste to your party members as well.

There's a second trinket you can get from the same Ny'alotha boss who drops that one (Ra-den) and if you wear them both you get that bonus while in Ny'alotha (it's not good though, the Void-Twisted Titanshard is trash tier and the set bonus doesn't make up for that).

• Options
    Awesome/Bad has held true for 6 (!) expansions now, so we're on track for Shadowlands to be good.

I agree but after buying BFA I have buyer's regret still
    I leveled to 120 on my rogue and warlock doing timewalking and events because I just did not like what I saw when I fired it up as I felt I was being forced with the GO GO attitude

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    It's just a big haste buff, and it will give haste to your party members as well.

There's a second trinket you can get from the same Ny'alotha boss who drops that one (Ra-den) and if you wear them both you get that bonus while in Ny'alotha (it's not good though, the Void-Twisted Titanshard is trash tier and the set bonus doesn't make up for that).

For some specs, it does. I know Unholy and Prot Pallys use both trinkets

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    I guess I can see it being okay for a tank. I'm surprised any DPS wants it with how many fights have unavoidable raid damage that will instantly wipe the buff.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I guess I can see it being okay for a tank. I'm surprised any DPS wants it with how many fights have unavoidable raid damage that will instantly wipe the buff.

Melee trinkets are in kind of a weird spot right now if you don’t highly value haste. A lot of spec still use the Ashvane trinket as their BiS. Hell, the third best trinket for Havoc is the fucking Psyche Shredder.

So yeah, depending on your stat priority, you’re gonna make some strange choices.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    My alliance shaman has a freaking 455 of the ash bane trinket as enhance. I keep wanting to play that char for this reason but I hate playing alliance now. A faction transfer being 30 bucks is waaaaaaaay too steep

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »
    My alliance shaman has a freaking 455 of the ash bane trinket as enhance. I keep wanting to play that char for this reason but I hate playing alliance now. A faction transfer being 30 bucks is waaaaaaaay too steep

jason bourne it's jesus christ

mine is just barely not worth using and it's freaking 415.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Yeah when I was doing some shit as alliance my enh could top charts in 8.2. The thing is not only sick but fun as hell. Even in world content you get to pop it every 15 seconds for free damage.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

I would argue healers running the big DPS corruptions also helps healing because it allows them to slap out some serious damage without having to concentrate on doing a lot of DPS. The faster something dies the easier it is for healers to keep up.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Brainleech wrote: »

I agree but after buying BFA I have buyer's regret still
    I leveled to 120 on my rogue and warlock doing timewalking and events because I just did not like what I saw when I fired it up as I felt I was being forced with the GO GO attitude

It doesn't line up, but if MoP was Voyage Home, then I hope Shadowlands is the Undiscovered Country.

BFA definitely feels like asking God why they need a Starship.

Straygatsby on
  • Options
    Zython wrote: »

For some specs, it does. I know Unholy and Prot Pallys use both trinkets

Prot paladins definitely do not want the void shard.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular

Wait, so you're saying
    1. Burning
    2. Wrath
    3. Cata
    4. MoP
    5. WoD
    6. Legion
    7. BFA
    ?

...Okay, yeah, sounds about right.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I want a fan of TBC so for me that holds true the whole way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

Oh yeah, not wiping them all out. I think I still have something like 30-odd corruption, but resistances bring it down to 0.

It might just be the paladin speaking, but I keep on looking at them and thinking “boy this feels like it’s going to bite me in the ass sometime.” I’m actually a little surprised there isn’t anything that causes some sort of backlash for leaning on corruptions.

My shadow priest, on the other hand, is all “eh, whatever, in for a penny in for a pound.”

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular

Oh yeah, not wiping them all out. I think I still have something like 30-odd corruption, but resistances bring it down to 0.

It might just be the paladin speaking, but I keep on looking at them and thinking “boy this feels like it’s going to bite me in the ass sometime.” I’m actually a little surprised there isn’t anything that causes some sort of backlash for leaning on corruptions.

My shadow priest, on the other hand, is all “eh, whatever, in for a penny in for a pound.”

I mean, from a games as art and storytelling position it would be awesome if they actually did that, but I can't see Blizzard ever burning the hardcore players that way.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited February 2020

39 net corruption is the amount you should target after resistance, not before.

If you like the risk/reward, then going higher is great too, but up until 40 & above the system is all reward and essentially zero risk.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Does the eye not fuck you in visions?

• Options
    Does the eye not fuck you in visions?

Nah, the eye is very easy to move out of and doesn't even do that much damage. The odd one that happens at a bad time you can purge with the cloak.

• Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    I'm pretty much constantly dancing around the place in visions anyway with all the shit on the floor, bugs in my face, skillshot boss attacks, and evil void clones. I won't be sitting in an eyeball for long regardless!

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Did a two mask full clear as assassination and it was easy. Popped one sanity restore before Rexxar and one before Thrall when i was at 50% and 90% sanity, just in case. And one when i was for real low after doing the left two areas plus most of the drag. Between 200 restore on elite kill, the bottom op research talent, knowing the potion "trick", and the upgraded cloak proc i took no sanity damage and was death on wheels.

Going to have to try a 3 next.

At this point Rexxar is the only one i loser any appreciable sanity too there, from the pigs.

And everything is way easier than SW.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Some madness effects and masks actually make extra movement quite detrimental. I was thinking the eye could cause a lot of issues with that, but I haven't actually dealt with it since most my corrupted items have been trash.

I still have yet to get a single DPS proc corruption.

• Options
    LJDouglasLJDouglas Registered User regular
    Also on the eye, not the you can rely on it, but it doesn't seem to be able to target you if you're on a different z-axis level to it. Been plenty of times I've had it spawn while I was on a slope and the eye wasn't able to cast on me. But keep your corruption down to a reasonable level and the area it effects is pretty tiny, so it's easy enough to get out of. I once ran with all the corruption gear I have for giggles (somehow managed to get 3 items that rolled tier 3 infinite stars) after resistance let be at about 120 corruption, healing taken reduced by 110%. Void zone when it procced was so wide I wasn't able to run out of it before it killed me.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    since most my corrupted items have been trash.

I still have yet to get a single DPS proc corruption.

the only corruption item that isn't worth the corruption is Avoidant, or Leech unless you're a healer

All the rest are worth going up to 39 net corruption for, even if some are better than others.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    I'm using void ritual shit right now but I haven't been impressed by the damage gain from it.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I'm using void ritual shit right now but I haven't been impressed by the damage gain from it.

For my Ret spec, Void Ritual ranges from 1.1k DPS for Tier 1 up to almost 6k for Tier 3. It's a bonkers amount of stats.

Dhalphir on
This discussion has been closed.