As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 2020 Democratic Primary

• Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Williamson is putting on a clinic for people who like demagoguery from snake oil profiteers.

Heartlash on
    My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Williamson is going to get a boost from this, but it won't really matter.

She's at least useful this time, saying things that are largely good to be heard and prompting some needed angles on topics.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Phasen wrote: »
    Oh god the dark psychic force.

I'm a little concerned how much applause she's getting.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I for one appreciate someone finally talking about the dark psychic force assaulting the American psyche.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Heartlash wrote: »
    Williamson is putting on a clinic for people who like demagoguery from snake oil profiteers.

I think this is what is bugging me.

She is taking everyone else's points and polishing them in a way only a self help book author could with none of the actual thought or substance behind the actual ideas. And it still scares the shit out of me.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    "I think President Trump was on to something" - and then everyone tuned Tim Ryan out because why would you fucking say that?

Edit - To be clear he's talking about China. Problem is, China and how to compete with it is a lunatic talking point even among the Republicans.

Henroid on
  • Options
    enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    Wow, Ryan can’t even answer the question on the follow up.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    There should be a rule you can't immediately from one to another of Ryan/Bullock/Delaney ugh my life

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Ryan response to if he would continue Trump's steel tariffs is to demonizing China and say Trump was onto something.

What a doofus.

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Ryan, stop saying "Chief Manufacturing Officer". Government is not a company.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The Sauce wrote: »
    Williamson is going to get a boost from this, but it won't really matter.

She's at least useful this time, saying things that are largely good to be heard and prompting some needed angles on topics.
    Yeah she's establishing a bar for people to have to meet on issues, namely when it comes to race relations. The rest of the candidates will either meet her there and move on to be the candidate, or they'll fight her position and lose the primary.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Delaney needs to stop going after Warren, because she is going to take him out.

Also, Ryan just lost. How can you quibble on if Trump did something bad?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Happy to hear someone make the argument for the TPP; even though it’s probably pointless to a Democratic primary crowd.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Warren answering the same China question it to say trade is controlled by soulless companies who will screw anyone and anything for a buck. She then tried to go on, but Delany interrupted and was rewarded for it. Moderator cut Warren to let him speak.

Warren was able to elaborate. Said small business and worker unions are what is needed, along with making big business up their standards.

Moderation for this is straight up torture. God almighty damn fuck these mods.

Nobeard on
  • Options
    I think Sanders was gonna try to jump in to have Warren's back there. No need dude, she can stand up for herself. Especially against Delaney, that goddamn trainwreck.

• Options
    I am bitter that we let Trump sink the TPP for all. It wasn't perfect but it did cover a ton of the things Warren is talking about.

And instead Asia is writing those rules without us pushing for unions, environmental controls, and so on.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Yep, called it. Warren and Sanders are in step tonight. I'm glad!

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    Warren answering the same China question it to say trade is controlled by soulless companies who will screw anyone and anything for a buck. She then tried to go on, but Delany interrupted and was rewarded for it. Moderator cut Warren to let him speak.

Warren was able to elaborate. Said small business and worker unions are what is needed, along with making big business up their standards.

Moderation for this is straight up torture. God almighty damn fuck these mods.

But she ran out of tiiimmmmee /Jake Tapper

I think Warren has one less thank you note to write tonight.

• Options
    OHHHHHHHHHHHH Buttigieg coming out with Biblical citation to slam the Republicans. I like that a lot actually.

• Options
    Mayor Pete saying workers in teh gig economy should be able to unionize.

I agree.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Its amazing theyre wasting so much time on Delaney when at least Williamson is funny

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Its amazing theyre wasting so much time on Delaney when at least Williamson is funny
    I dunno, Delaney is pretty funny if you look at him in the right light.

0dveDDe.jpg

• Options

And actually occasionally says something useful

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I love Warren using how effective her wealth tax would be to indict the system.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Hell ya Delaney invoke Reagan to sell an idea to Democrats.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    OHHHHHHHHHHHH Buttigieg coming out with Biblical citation to slam the Republicans. I like that a lot actually.
    I'll try to find a clip of this by the way. It was specifically a slam against Republicans fighting the increase of worker wages. It's not a verse from the Bible I'm familiar with.

• Options
    Buttigieg just flat out lies about his opponents proposals a lot. For example he decouples Bernie's tuition forgiveness from the free tuition argument.

• Options
    I actually wish Sanders would've talked about student debt forgiveness more instead of give it a quick yes and pivot to the corporate tax problem. I mean, he's not wrong about it, but it's what he always talks about.

• Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    Delaney is right about Warren's wealth tax but I don't really care.

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    Fuck, Marianne Williamson needs to stop doing so well tonight.

• Options
    I am ready to have a lot of these candidates not be part of the debates anymore. Standards are going up with the next debate, right?

• Options
    Bernie addressing student loan question by attacking the overall wealth inequality in America. He's gat damn right. Address that and it will help fix issues with jobs, health insurance, education, etc.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I'll be honest, when Marrianne makes sense I get worried. First to bring up the economic impact of writing off student debt by undoing trump tax cuts.

• Options
    I'll try to find a clip of this by the way. It was specifically a slam against Republicans fighting the increase of worker wages. It's not a verse from the Bible I'm familiar with.

End of this clip.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Buttigieg just flat out lies about his opponents proposals a lot. For example he decouples Bernie's tuition forgiveness from the free tuition argument.

Student loan dollars aren’t just spendable on tuition. I thought his argument had a point.

• Options
    John Delaney has allowed himself to get dunked on by Williamson of all people. Holy shit.

• Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    enc0re wrote: »
    I am ready to have a lot of these candidates not be part of the debates anymore. Standards are going up with the next debate, right?

Difficult to believe the next debates will be much more than Sanders, Warren, Biden, Harris, Booker, Beto, Buttigieg

Williamson may actually slip in but I can't see any of the others making the cut

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    Wait I just missed the question, what did Jake Tapper ask Bernie Sanders just now about 'policing the world'?

• Options
    Wait I just missed the question, what did Jake Tapper ask Bernie Sanders just now about 'policing the world'?

Trump said the same thing you did about the US not being the world's policeman, why should voters believe you're different?

"He's a pathological liar and I tell the truth."

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Phasen wrote: »
    Hell ya Delaney invoke Reagan to sell an idea to Democrats.

Jesus Christ even the most moderate GOP candidates would have to go back to like Wilson to find a dem they could speak about without bile

This discussion has been closed.