As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 2020 Democratic Primary

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I feel like Sanders got like twice as much time as anyone else except maybe Warren during that

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Did fuckin maryann Williamson make a cogent fuckin point?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    And we go to commercial. This format is a fucking disaster. You get enough time for one sentence unless you're willing to talk over moderators. Which favors dudes, because we're coached to do that.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

Not that I could tell, and then they cut off Warren AGAIN who barely spoke during that exchange.

I hope she comes back with some righteous fire at the moderators.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Getting money out of elections, yeah. She's not unique in wanting that as a thing done but she was the first to outright say it tonight, not just in the context of the NRA.

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    Getting money out of elections, yeah. She's not unique in wanting that as a thing done but she was the first to outright say it tonight, not just in the context of the NRA.

They're all for that.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Minutes talked so far.

As of 9:06 pm.

nanfrovyckap.png

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

They're all for that.
    They all say they are but there's only so many I believe.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    we need to focus on how trump is bad

solid plan can't fail

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    we need to focus on how trump is bad

solid plan can't fail

Yeah none of us tried that before.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Did Hickenlooper basically just pull a, "Webster's dictionary defines ..." ?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Minutes talked so far.

As of 9:06 pm.

nanfrovyckap.png

Why is Pete’s icon farther ahead than Warren when he’s spoken the same.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    What the hell? Throw your hands up?

OK!

What just happened?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Lol most talking with only 7 and a half minutes, what a shit show

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    LMAO SANDERS IS THE MAN.

Hickenlooper is actually arguing "Whoa, Americans aren't ready for the extreme change of their lives being better!"

• Options
    This is a good speech from Beto no idea what the question was!

• Options
    beto you lost texas

• Options
    This question is dumb.

"Are you going to lose because we the media don't like you?"

I swear that is what I just heard.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    "Wish list economics" is probably the sickest slogan coming up and I wish this guy would stop saying it. "Why have dreams?" says man running for President.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    photos of Warren and Sanders teaming up against the centrists

hI7PquN.jpg?1

gy3owxxwjl4k.png

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Centrists invoking unions to argue against single payer really is grotesque

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Warren's line on the general election is so good. Democrats win when we identify what is right and we fight for it. We don't win when we're afraid.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Warren has a simple and clear message about finding what's right and fighting for it.

Delaney following up just saying "let's settle for what we can get" and whatever it is he's saying about Detroit is wrong

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Good answer from Warren. You can't be scared of big change and running on it.

Edit - LMAO And Delaney gets dunked on yet again. "Why would you run for president just to talk about what we can't do?"

Henroid on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Why go through all the trouble to run for president just to say what we can't do and what we shouldn't fight for?

Warren continuing to dunk on moderates

• Options
    Warren <3

That is the right answer the whole thing. Why would you run if you want to tell people they can't have something? Can't do something?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OH NO DELANEY IS DEAD HE HAS A FAMILY BY GOD

Warren: "I don't know why anyone goes through all the trouble of running for President just to talk about all the things we can't do" after Delaney's answer

• Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Haha pensions. Delaney is a man out of past.

Phasen on
    psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    wazilla wrote: »
    OH NO DELANEY IS DEAD HE HAS A FAMILY BY GOD

Warren: "I don't know why anyone goes through all the trouble of running for President just to talk about all the things we can't do" after Delaney's answer
    That was truly one of those "Hello police I'd like to report a murder" moments, goddamn.

• Options
    What's a pension? Please tell me grandpa Delaney.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I wish someone would shove questions like "Who up here is making promises just to get elected" up Tapper's ass

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    That was a pretty heavy body blow by Warren right there. Like that was some excellent shade delivered with a jovial smile. It was good

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Good on Klobuchar for not taking the stupid bait on who is making promises.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    What's a pension? Please tell me grandpa Delaney.
    I mean aside from the reality of those not being a thing anymore for so many people, what the fuck was Delaney trying to pull there with that lame metaphor / hypothetical / hallucination?

• Options
    Warren ethered Delaney

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Ah good, time to spend like five minutes on climate change, the greatest existential threat to humanity

wandering on
  • Options
    Why do you keep going to Delaney? No one wants to listen to ideas from 30 years ago.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    The first climate question goes to... Delaney. WHAT THE FUCK

• Options
    John Delaney is firmly in my "fuck no" list next to Biden and Harris, though he's rapidly dropping past them in awfulness.

• Options
    i like how delaney gets to set all the debate talking points for reasons

delaney says delaney is great and you're trash

what is your response

This discussion has been closed.