As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 2020 Democratic Primary

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    didn't hickenlooper drink fracking fluid

important voice on climate change

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    John Delaney is firmly in my "fuck no" list next to Biden and Harris, though he's rapidly dropping past them in awfulness.

I still want to see Harris leave Trump bleeding on the floor like she did to Biden last time around, but that's literally the only thing I want to see from her at this point.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Warren fucking killing it tonight.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Question: "What do you think of Sanders' plan to help solve this one aspect of climate change?"

Tim Ryan: "CAPITALISM BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Question: "What do you think of Sanders' plan to help solve this one aspect of climate change?"

He's arguing for being more aggressive, actually.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

He was literally arguing to compete with China in an industry. Literally capitalism.

• Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular

He was literally arguing to compete with China in an industry. Literally capitalism.

I mean in context this means massive, massive subsidies to green industries; that's the only way you can actually compete

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Hahaha

Who's part of the problem

Bullock: "Democrats!"

Psn:wazukki
  • Options

Basically every Green New Deal plan is fundamentally capitalist.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Its telling that basically any time theyre talking about an actual policy its Sanders's or Warren's. The centrist wing is as bankrupt as the never Trumpers.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Beto's answers have been much improved tonight. But probably not good enough.

• Options
    wazilla wrote: »

Beto is flailing to me. I am not sure he is answering questions.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Its telling that basically any time theyre talking about an actual policy its Sanders's or Warren's. The centrist wing is as bankrupt as the never Trumpers.
    Sanders and Warren have plans.

Everyone else is saying having big plans is bad, and then offers... not really plans. Klobuchar has sorta talked about it like she is now but it seems very much like she's playing catch-up after some campaign coaching.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Shut up Pete, dodging the draft is the only morally justifiable thing Trump has ever done.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

Well, they were really talking about Inslee's plans.

• Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Oh god the dark psychic force.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Beto is flailing to me. I am not sure he is answering questions.
    he's not even relevant in this reduced group

buttigieg is actually holding his own, at least

• Options
    Wow, Williamson working the crowd. Good for her I guess.

• Options
    Holy shit Marianne that was actually good she got a good little rhythm going there

• Options
    Phasen wrote: »

Finally someone willing to take a stand against the Sith

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

Yeah but like, pointing out an actual issue about how Flint couldn't happen in Grosse Pointe and that again and again this happens to communities of color and there are more Flints out there

• Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular

Yeah but like, pointing out an actual issue about how Flint couldn't happen in Grosse Pointe and that again and again this happens to communities of color and there are more Flints out there

Oh she walls gelling for a while but then after the claps died down. Dark psychic force happened.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    Did Hickenlooper just say "urban agenda"? Jesus jumped up Christ dude, abort abort abort!

• Options
    Did Hickenlooper just say "urban agenda"? Jesus jumped up Christ dude, abort abort abort!

He's only in this to fight against single payer so

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Warren, that is what it is.

God damn right this fuckers are terrorist.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Oh she walls gelling for a while but then after the claps died down. Dark psychic force happened.

But after was good too! Like obviously Dark Psychic Force landed with a thud but it was a good answer outside of that

• Options
    Yeah Warren did good calling white supremacy terrorism. That's what it is and has been, even before Trump.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Who? for those unable to watch

• Options
    Oh good Pete got that thing off his forehead whatever it was

• Options
    Buttigieg is doing better tonight compared to last time. His answers are pretty clearly stated. He can speak well but I don't think he's a good leader otherwise.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Shut up Pete, dodging the draft is the only morally justifiable thing Trump has ever done.

I can assure you he didn't do it for moral reasons.

If Trump could've stood on a cloud very far away and genocided the Vietnamese with mind powers, he would've done it in a heartbeat.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    mayors can't really do anything about tbh which is why i, as mayor, have been poor on racial issues

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

Who? for those unable to watch

White supremacist.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    mayors can't really do anything about tbh which is why i, as mayor, have been poor on racial issues
    I take back my last post. You're right, he's fighting to keep his current job more than campaigning for president. Trying to come up with excuses for himself.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    "The racial divide lives within me" - Mayor Pete

*cut to interior of Mayor Pete*

6bDhpAK.jpg?1

• Options
    Williamson is pretty on point RE: race relations. Her answer reminds me of MLK Jr pointing out that white people were given land to get a start with, but black slaves when freed weren't given jack shit.

• Options
    Marianne lost the thread on that one.

On reparations: "Anything less than 100 billion is an insult. I think 200-500 billion is politically feasible. But if you did the math it would be trillions"

• Options
    Williamson is pretty on point RE: race relations. Her answer reminds me of MLK Jr pointing out that white people were given land to get a start with, but black slaves when freed weren't given jack shit.

She was doing well till she got to the last bit. But she isn't unique in this race on that.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Talking time.

xd6jcg0gveg9.png

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

She was doing well till she got to the last bit. But she isn't unique in this race on that.

More importantly for her, she's being discussed with any ounce of seriousness.

This discussion has been closed.