[Storm March - Interlude] The Unusual Appearance of Baron Von Ruckhauser

1234568»

Posts

  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
    ironsizide
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 26


    With a certain finally Fernando accepts that he doesn’t really remember much more than what he wants to be. Is he really Fernando? Was there ever a squire on a mission with an old bearded paladin?

    He closes his eyes—

    dkhtgk04mzd7.jpeg

    —for a single moment, letting the image go from his mind.

    Then he moves his mechanical arm, feeling each copper tendon, each bronze muscle extend out. He moves a single finger one joint at a time.

    “How about pressing this button for a start? No?”, he chuckles at Wei in the good natured way of friends.

    Endless_Serpents on
    ironsizide
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (ooc: AWESOME ART!)

    Wei shrugs, smirking. "As long as you have my back, Fernando, I feel no worries." He touches whatever buttons feel right, switches, etc.

    (ooc: int=0, +1 from spirits, +1 from fernando, right?)

    geth roll 2d6+2 use machine

    use machine:
    2d6+2 12 [2d6=6, 4]

    NipsMahnmutElvenshaeEndless_Serpentsironsizide
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited April 29
    [OOC: I'm going to greatly reward for acing that roll, but I want to give @Elvenshae a chance to nail down his questions.

    ALTERNATIVELY! If Elvenshae's amenable to opening up the scene to the whole group, I'll move us forward with Exilis's magic on top of the results of Wei's activation of the Engine.

    Elven, it's your call!]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    ironsizide
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    [OOC: Nice.

    I reckon I can get a bond with Wei now, right?

    Wei is a brave soul, I have much to learn from them.

    That’s a +1 to my aid rolls with them.]

    ironsizideNips
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    [ @Endless_Serpents Bond away! ]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Endless_Serpentsironsizide
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (ooc: I'd love to add a bond as well, Fernando protects those around him, I can trust him. or something like that. I'll probabyl rework it.)

    NipsMahnmut
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    (OOC: Heck yeah - let's open it up!)

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
    Nips
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    The Time Between The Ticks of the Clock

    Wei's hands lightly caress a nearby control panel on the Astral Engine, while the final words of Exilis's incantation echo off the walls.

    The engine burns with a bright blue energy, and each of you feels a pull as if you are being ripped bodily through a pinhole in existence. The world goes black in an instant.

    Tick.

    You know you still exist, you can feel you exist, but you have no other perception. No gravity, no light, no warmth. Nothing.

    Tock.

    You perceive. You instantiate. You are floating, bodily, in a black void cross-hatched with lines of inscrutable energy.

    abstract-technology-futuristic-style-circles-and-light-dots-glowing-on-dark-blue-background-vector.jpg

    You can perceive Exilis, just off in the distance. He's conversing with a man who gives you a look, and in that look you feel seen.

    Dc9En94l.jpg

    "It seems our friend Wei has trusted his instincts. The engine is in motion, and the beacons are lit. Friend Exilis, the timing of your incantation has proven fortuitous! Let us converse as we travel."

    Tick. Tock. Tiiiiick. Tooooo.......

    You reside within the Astral Plane. You're not sure where the rest of you is, but your immortal essence bobs gently on concordant waves of astral energy. Your astral forms perceive each other, including both Toth and Fernando, and the entity you've been introduced to as Tormlin gently guides you along a line of spectral light. You feel no weight, but you do feel the impetus of motion as the lines and nodes of energy shift around you.

    "It will take some time, or no time at all, for us to reach our destination. The astral sea is strange in this way, and even a long-time resident such as myself hasn't mastered its navigation. The Baron's engines forcefully drive routes and clarity through the sea, but even then our journey is unpredictable. Nevertheless I am glad I am able to guide you how I can, and impart what knowledge and wisdom I have gathered while we travel."

    [You have, at your leisure, the chance to ask Tormlin any questions you wish while you travel across the astral sea.]
    [What do you do?]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    ElvenshaeCheeselikerEndless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 2
    Is that you, master? he cries inwardly, Is that you... dad? I wish I had been better, I wish...

    Fernando has a question he cannot ask. He’s too afraid to know it. It’s something he’ll maybe never know. He tries not to look too hard at the bearded paladin. It could be another. It could be that he himself is a forgery, and how embarrassing would it be to ask if so.

    He takes a deep breath of astral and swivels in the winds of possibility. Once he’s facing away, he focused on a star (or whatever that big shiny thingy is far away) and musters his best Hero Voice.

    “What ho fellow paladin!”, his voice cracks on paladin—he is only 15 after all, “Does that dastardly Baron draw his power from a source we can seal away from him for good?”

    Without the barrel chest of his automaton body it’s clear Fernando is a slim youth who had just finished training. Heading to the island was his first mission.


    Endless_Serpents on
    NipsironsizideMahnmut
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    [OOC: Feel free to ask your questions, I’m sure @Nips can reply in one post. This is about as deep as I want his arc to go, from here it’s all robot axeman.]

    NipsElvenshae
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Well there goes any hope of nabbing one of those flying contraptions I 'spect. Ah well. Saving the world's gotta come first I s'pose.

    Although Otto figures the contents of his darkener are still in the material plane he checks to see if it's still on his incorporeal self to use as a prop. He asks of the aged paladin: "I sucked a whole lot of... something from the Baron's gin back there into this device. I thought they where souls, but they could just be astral forms of people. Any way I can get them to their bodies, assuming they're not critters? Any way to tell they ain't hellbeasts for that matter?"

    He thinks a moment. "Past that, any tips on defeating or capturing the Baron? Is he still in a mortal form, or is he inhabiting some super mechanical beast?"

    For Otto, it's all about the practical, even when given the opportunity to ask about the nature of life and traveling a new plane of existence. Bein' a ghost don't pay the bills or make Aunt Syndy happy.

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
    NipsElvenshaeEndless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    While we’re all rightfully busy, here’s a pause for thought.

    Things concerning the Storm March setting, in no particular order.

    pdzl340b2f9d.jpeg
    Arcane marksmen’s tools of the trade.

    0dluix9jwh2d.jpeg
    A griffophat in flight.

    6mjmnhs9ajzo.jpeg
    Sky rays.

    yywkxwstwggy.jpeg
    A person without a side.

    Endless_Serpents on
    MahnmutironsizideElvenshae
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    A villain, a hero, and a monster.

    rohxhfab9vq4.jpeg
    ynbcnie15aj9.jpeg
    mnvjuqz1bfbw.jpeg

    CheeselikerNipsElvenshae
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    On a beam of light from Here to There

    Fernando
    "Does that dastardly Baron draw his power from a source we can seal away from him for good?"

    The paladin turns a warm smile toward you. "The Baron's machines, as best as I can tell, derive energy from the flow of the immortal souls through the Astral Sea. It is a peculiar thing; the Sea is a transitory place, one where a mortal soul leaves its material shell and journeys to its eventual great beyond. How his machines draw on this is beyond my understanding, but the end to their continued operation is key. I can say this: though the flow of these souls seems diverted to the Baron's strange ends, they do eventually depart this cycle and continue on to their eventual destination. Even so, it is a perversion of the natural order."

    Tormlin's features harden slightly. "As for a means to seal it away, I'm afraid there is no way to do this from within the Sea. The Baron's machines must be dealt with directly, on the mortal plane."

    The glowing knight turns to you and smiles once more. "And worry not about appearances, fellow paladin. Who you were and who you might have been all pale in the face of who you aspire to be, so long as you pursue that image with the ferver and totality of your character."

    For reasons you don't entirely understand, a reassuring warmth spreads throughout your being.

    Otto
    "I sucked a whole lot of... something from the Baron's gin back there into this device. I thought they where souls, but they could just be astral forms of people. Any way I can get them to their bodies, assuming they're not critters? Any way to tell they ain't hellbeasts for that matter?"

    The glowing knight regards your question with a wry smile. "I'm not familiar with the workings of your device, but I wouldn't worry. Even if its construction were half as devious as the Baron's machines themselves, I would still believe it to have negligible effect on the workings and denizens here in this place. Once a soul is set free to find its path across the Sea, there is little to nothing to stop it; it is eventuality itself. Likely what you experienced were the echoes of desire remaining in those souls before they truly embarked on their travel here. And I wouldn't worry about hell-beasts or the like; I've yet to encounter a truly malicious force here in the Astral."

    "Past that, any tips on defeating or capturing the Baron? Is he still in a mortal form, or is he inhabiting some super mechanical beast?"

    The paladin frowns. "Unfortunately I have been unable to come near to the Baron's stronghold, despite knowing its location. Something about his machines creates a void that I dare not approach and that obscures my senses. I hope that you, with the tether to your mortality intact, can be....navigated past this impediment. If I were to guess though, knowing the Baron, his defenses will be formidable."


    [OOC: Still plenty of time to ask questions, for those that haven't yet!]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Time is a funny thing here.

    In a moment Fernando feels a sense of peace, and this peace seems to wash back and forth in time.

    He sees a tall bronze paladin fighting side by side with a living conduit of nature, the most dangerous arcane pistoleer beyond the Wall, a shaman one with the four winds, and the brother of the moon herself!

    Like a ripple to a pond the vision breaks away. Was it just a possibility?

    He breathes out slowly. Rays of sunlight wash over this space, as if clouds part and pass over each other once again. The automaton swears he hears a refrain of a distant choir.

    Fernando takes an... amount of maybe-time... to think of a reply. What he says isn’t as cool as he planned.

    “Then I’ll dismantle his machinations and melt the engine of his villainy to... to recycle it into justice!”

    He knows later on he’s gonna think of a better hero line.

    Despite the impossible distance the would-be paladin can see their destination, a silhouette ringed in light blue light.

    Woah.”

    Mahnmut
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Wei contemplates the awareness and the things around him. He turns to the Paladin. "These machines are abominations against nature and must be destroyed." Wei, though he has no physical form at the moment, can still feel the pains and wounds of his mortal body echoing. "Tormlin, you say the Baron's defenses will be formidable. Would you perhaps be able to aid me with my wounds?"

    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Unlike Star Wars this setting doesn’t have a plithy phrase yet, so... May the wind guide your wings fellas. Catch you when you’re free. 8-)

    Elvenshae
Sign In or Register to comment.