As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together is here: The whole internet can be your co-op couch now

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    So, that Ion Maiden/Fury game? I no longer have any sympathy for being made to change their name. Or any goodwill towards them at all.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ion-fury-devs-show-signs-of-transphobia-among-other-issues.135368/

Just, wow. Here's the devs keeping company with the same people who use memes and language found primarily on the chans and engaging in some of it themselves.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    So, that Ion Maiden/Fury game? I no longer have any sympathy for being made to change their name. Or any goodwill towards them at all.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ion-fury-devs-show-signs-of-transphobia-among-other-issues.135368/

Just, wow. Here's the devs keeping company with the same people who use memes and language found primarily on the chans and engaging in some of it themselves.

The discord posts read a lot like why I pretty much exclusively hang here for videogame chats

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    So what are the Weaves in the new Vermintide 2 expansion? I tried to join one a ton of times last night and it seemed broken. It would queue me and then drop me instantly. If I tried "fine party" it just sat there forever.
    I assume they are sort of bite-sized challenge missions?

Weaves are 30 missions made up of parts of existing maps. They take maybe 10-15 minutes. You start at #1 and move up when you make it to the end, eventually capping out at 30.

The map is made up of 2 parts, with the first part being typical Vermintide fare except there are new objectives/mission types they cycle through. But overall, they're just modifications toward the primary objective of all weaves: collecting essence. Fill up your essence bar by killing/holding points/transporting explosive/etc. to make it to the 2nd phase. The second phase is an arena-type portion with waves of different enemies. If you win, you can play the next weave. I should also mention that there are a number of...effects...that attach themselves to weaves. For example, when an enemy dies, he leaves behind brambles that slow you down and harm you slightly.

The progression is also different. Levels don't really matter, everyone starts out with starting weapons, and you have to spend the essence you earn from completing weaves on various properties/talents/traits in a number of trees. It's overwhelming at first, but what they've basically done is removed the gear randomness. The gear you have is the gear you've customized with essence (which can always be refunded and respent). So build the exact stats you want on your weapon. Your talents are unlocked the same way.

You can also earn essence by playing quick play and custom games.

It's kind of grindy, but I'm enjoying it.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Jesus, the entire bear act on The Long Dark! Are you kidding me!? Amazing. Act one felt like a video game version of The Road. Act two felt like I was Leo in The Revenant! Crazy.

EDIT: Apparently there's only two acts so far, with three more coming. It took me eleven hours to finish the two acts of Story Mode. I'll mess around with Survival Mode tomorrow. Dig the game.

Coffey on
    76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    tacticalheadachetacticalheadache Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    signature.png

Repost to the new thread.

The winner of the giveaway is... uh, whoever "slicedbreadinc" is on Steamgifts. Their steam profile is very nonspecific too. Key is sent though, if whoever you are is reading.

I've been meaning to change my old steamgifts username. Thanks for reminding me! :)

This game doesn't have the best reviews and gets meme'd a lot, but I'm willing to give it a try! I love exploration games.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Important to note that it's a different game today than it was on release. Can't speak to whether it's better now but that's what I've heard.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Oh, cool. Ys VIII is having a free weekend! Maybe I'll see if it runs OK on my PC.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah it’s a lot more content then what was there on release. If you dig mellow exploration games it is great.

Throw some tunes on and you’re good to go. It’s also my fav VR game now.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    PSA:

Remnant: From the Ashes is amazing, guys.

That will be all.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Edit: nvm, learn to read post, Tee!

Umm let's see what else we got here... Oh! Zactronics have decided to fry your brain in an unexpected, kind of Black Mirror way in the form of a visual novel. I always sought out and enjoyed the story bits of Infinifactory and SpaceChem so it's probably real good

https://store.steampowered.com/app/716500/Eliza/

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

I saw the name Mblackwell and was worried it was our own @Mblackwell. No way they are the same person, right? :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I saw the name Mblackwell and was worried it was our own Mblackwell. No way they are the same person, right? :)

Take your internet witch hunt shit somewhere else.

• Options
    I didn't read it all, but a lot of that is kind of reaching. For example, parents shouldn't decide for a baby at birth that they're trans. What is offensive about that comment?

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Anyone tried that skyrim mod that turns every race into anthro races?

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Hey just a quick reminder, drawing for this is at 8 AM central tomorrow:

signature.png

And the winner is.... @The_Spaniard !

Thanks to all who entered, and I'll send it at soon as Spaniard accepts my friend request so that I may do so!

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options

That's a very roundabout way of asking me to have furry sex with you.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »

....well?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I saw the name Mblackwell and was worried it was our own Mblackwell. No way they are the same person, right? :)

I just felt like Mblackwell was a unique user name, like finding another MNC Dover. Unless of course, Mblackwell is a popular name from literature/gaming/movies that I wasn't aware of. I seriously doubted it was our beloved Mblackwell.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »

....well?

:winky:

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I didn't read it all, but a lot of that is kind of reaching. For example, parents shouldn't decide for a baby at birth that they're trans. What is offensive about that comment?

Basically I don't like bigotry and transphobia, I had to live with a stereotypical toxic Xbox gamer as a roommate and it was hell having to listen to him. Luckily I moved out. If I can avoid supporting toxic people, then I will. Ion Fury looked kind of cool and they had a female protagonist that interested me, but no way am I buying their game. And it wasn't just that comment that put me off, but others which I won't even repeat. Trans people are having a really rough time in the US and I just can't support transphobic trash people like the devs that made those comments by buying their game. That's just my opinion anyway.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

....well?

Gonna take a lotta fabric to get a Cerberus scene going

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

....well?

This is a simple Yiff or No question.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

....well?

Pix or GTFO

• Options

Sadly, my fears have been confirmed true. It's the same person that post(ed) here. :(

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

....well?

Pix or GTFO

Leave me out of this. :P

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

It's a strawman that doesn't exist is what's wrong about it. Deliberately misrepresenting an aspect of something they oppose in order to make the whole easier to attack.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

Sadly, my fears have been confirmed true. It's the same person that post(ed) here. :(

So what? Unless they posted something in this thread that was against the rules of this forum you've got no reason to try and publicly shame someone because something they said on an entirely different platform hurt your feelings.

What exactly are you hoping to accomplish here?

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »

Basically I don't like bigotry and transphobia, I had to live with a stereotypical toxic Xbox gamer as a roommate and it was hell having to listen to him. Luckily I moved out. If I can avoid supporting toxic people, then I will. Ion Fury looked kind of cool and they had a female protagonist that interested me, but no way am I buying their game. And it wasn't just that comment that put me off, but others which I won't even repeat. Trans people are having a really rough time in the US and I just can't support transphobic trash people like the devs that made those comments by buying their game. That's just my opinion anyway.

But how is saying a parent doesn't decide their baby's gender identity at birth transphobic. What about that specific comment threw you off? A parent doesn't know a baby is trans just like they can't be certain they're cis.

Just curious, because if I heard a comment like that in the wild I'd agree and expect most non-cisgendered people to also agree.

I just read that Reddit post as looking for a reason to bash them wholesale. A lot of the comments didn't seem to suggest transphobia to me. Insensitivity for sure, but not bigotry. Unless it got much worse at the end, I didn't read to the end.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    You can defend the comment out of the larger context, perhaps, but with all the other screenshots, it's crystal fucking clear they aren't making an inclusive point about not assuming a child's gender before they're able to express themselves, but making it as part of a larger worldview that being trans is a mental illness.

Honestly, all the greater context you need is their usage of "SJW" as a genuine term of derision.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

But how is saying a parent doesn't decide their baby's gender identity at birth transphobic. What about that specific comment threw you off? A parent doesn't know a baby is trans just like they can't be certain they're cis.

Just curious, because if I heard a comment like that in the wild I'd agree and expect most non-cisgendered people to also agree.

I just read that Reddit post as looking for a reason to bash them wholesale. A lot of the comments didn't seem to suggest transphobia to me. Insensitivity for sure, but not bigotry. Unless it got much worse at the end, I didn't read to the end.

I won't link it but the one that made me go "fuck these devs" was the meme they posted suggesting trans is a mental disorder. I don't know why people can't just accept other people's personal choices and have to demean and humiliate them, especially when the current US government is trying to make it legal for employers to fire people for the sole reason of being trans.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/CFQ7TTC0KGQ8/000D Gamepass for 3 months for $5.
    Offer for 17 days. Doesn't show up if you don't use a referred link.
    Doesn't add to currently running account, some mixed signals on lapsed accounts. Certainly works for people that never had it.

The PC version is mostly a mix of games that also show up in bundles/free on EPG/Twitch Prime, but there are 3 notable things:
    1. This offer runs into the release of Gears 5 and The Outer Worlds (Both October)
    2. It contains a few MS exclusives, like Forza Horizon, Sea of Thieves, Master Chief collection, Crackdown 3 and Gears 1/4
    3. There are a few newer "midtier" games on there. Things that catch my eye are Void Bastards, Prey, Metro Exodus.

3 months to try 100 games for $5.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SanderJK wrote: »
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/CFQ7TTC0KGQ8/000D Gamepass for 3 months for $5.
    Doesn't add to currently running account, some mixed signals on lapsed accounts. Certainly works for people that never had it.

The PC version is mostly a mix of games that also show up in bundles/free on EPG/Twitch Prime, but there are 3 notable things:
    1. This offer runs into the release of Gears 5 and The Outer Worlds (Both October)
    2. It contains a few MS exclusives, like Forza Horizon, Sea of Thieves, Master Chief collection, Crackdown 3 and Gears 1/4
    3. There are a few newer "midtier" games on there. Things that catch my eye are Void Bastards, Prey, Metro Exodus.

Also, Operencia: The Stolen Sun is on there, which is delightful if you like the old-school grid-based/first-person dungeon crawler games. It's otherwise an Epic exclusive.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »

Yeah I'm going to have to get in on that.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin

So what? Unless they posted something in this thread that was against the rules of this forum you've got no reason to try and publicly shame someone because something they said on an entirely different platform hurt your feelings.

What exactly are you hoping to accomplish here?

We 100% do not require your services as a moderator of this forum

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Gamepass, I had a checkout error at Microcenter a couple weeks ago so I have an extra code for 3 months free.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll send you the deets.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    My brain is officially broken - there's some sort of big band music playing outside, and all I can think of is Fallout and VATS

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Speaking of Gamepass, I had a checkout error at Microcenter a couple weeks ago so I have an extra code for 3 months free.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll send you the deets.

I'm in a similar situation; I bought a new GPU on Amazon recently and they sent me a code (also for 3 months) that I'm not going to use. I'm hoping it's transferable; hit me up, and we'll see.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    It looks like AMD at least is requiring you scan your computer with their verification tool to make sure you're using the equipment instead of just buying it, getting the free game, then returning it or something. So without the hardware these codes may not work.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    PSA:

Remnant: From the Ashes is amazing, guys.

That will be all.

Agreed, I'm really liking it after about 6 hours yesterday. Very competent Soulslike.

• Options
    Remnant is the twisted love child of Hellgate: London and Dark Souls, with some dashes of Fallout thrown in.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
This discussion has been closed.