As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    It’s even relatively entertaining to watch, especially when both players know the game and their decks.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    I haven't tried Underworlds yet, but I feel similarly to Warcry. My wife and I have thrown down a couple of games just for kicks after work and it's fast and fun.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Underworlds is quite good and even better it makes for a very good gateway in to the wider hobby. If you've a buddy or two who are on the fence about the hobby in general then pick up Underworlds. The warbands are very reasonably priced, very low model count, fairly easy to understand rules and a warband can be painted before the heat death of the universe :razz: . Plus the warbands can then be used to fill out a proper AoS army if you so desired.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Mm, some of the cards/rules are a little wordy, but the intent is to produce a very clear-cut rule set without the typical GW wriggle room, whether it succeeds in that is of course a little subjective, but I think it does a fairly good job at it.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Like the video I posted earlier you can build decks from other warbands and card sets like power unbound to give your warband a different edge or do other things with them

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    My favorite dick move card in Underworlds is Daylight Robbery (roll to steal another player's unspent glory point). My friend and I use it on each other all the time, it's basically tradition to throw it into every deck now.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    The name they're giving to the this preview weekend for everything Warhammer is Shadow, Iron and Broken Realms....

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    The Iron bit will at least partially be Orlocks in Necromunda as their ‘House of Iron’ book is next on the schedule.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    'Shadow' will almost certainly be the DoK warcry shadow ninja squad, though I'd also accept outside bets on Legion of Night vampires or some vague Malerion teases.

Broken Realms sounds like it could be the next AoS chapter after Soul Wars, maybe? Or perhaps something more akin to Psychic Awakening?

• Options
    I kind of like how AoS does the chapters in one book covering what happens and the rules
    The vague stuff they keep doing about Malerion is annoying. I know I am not into warcry but it being up there with Warhammer Underworlds is interesting. They might show off what the new season is of it and some of the rumor pics might be stuff for it as well
    They showed a lot of pics for the flesh-eater courts so they might be getting a redo or new units or?

They are probably going to show the start collecting box for the Realm Lords and when the missing stuff comes out

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I have made multiple attempts to get my community into smaller skirmish games like Warcry and Underworlds. Never works out unfortunately. People just love their 2k games of smashing people in AoS too much.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    The other day I was thinking about Slaaneshi Beastmen, and what they'd be like. I love the Tzaangors that came out with Disciples of Tzeentch, and was kind of sad that Hedonists didn't come with Slaangors, so went looking through older models. 6th edition was when I was most into the hobby, so I was aware of the Khorngors and Pestigors that came out then, but I found some models from 3rd edition (the Realm of Chaos twin releases of The Lost and the Damned and Slaves to Darkness) that I had never seen before. I tracked down painted examples:

kdwxq65z9fu9.jpg

(Labelled with the numbers from the 1991 Citadel Miniatures order book.) Oldhammer charm. It's obvious that the sculpts share elements: 28 and 30 have the same legs, 1 and 5 the same claw hand, 1 and 28 the same exposed right breast (if you look up other angles you'll see that's not their bicep). The incorporation of Slaanesh's symbol into the horns of 28 and 30 (as well as 5's weapon) is neat, but pretty awkward looking. I like how 29 has his head covered with a shroud (as if he and 30 are embarrassed of their ugliness), and the unicorn horn of 5 is appropriately phallic (though I'm not sure how I feel about the Fabio hair).

thzjbgv3tvdu.jpg

3rd edition was before Beastmen narrowed to being almost entirely goat focused, so you still got other sorts of animals being used for inspiration. Khorngors especially are canine, as well as more heavily armoured. Like the Slaangors, 31 has his horns twisted into his god's symbol. I like the wolfish ones, who get the Flesh Hounds' neck ruff. 20 kind of looks like a Roman skirted bear.

3yicsf8snzhg.jpg

The Pestigors of the era had a bit of rotting and grossness, but one of the main details tying them together was their horns having little sucker/mouths on the end of them. These were sculpted by Bob Olley instead of Jes Goodwin and Kev Addams, so the faces have less variety (and all look a bit camel-ish to me, with the broad long noses).

zjupuqhalybz.jpg

Sadly the Tzaangors are a bit boring. Like the Pestigors they're Bob Olley sculpts and all share that similar camel face. I guess a couple had some fancy hats that are nice?

• Options
    I knew about the about the various beastmen but I had forgotten about the slaanesh ones
    Still I am curious in the new season of warhammer underworlds would it be slaanesh demons since the rest of the chaos aligned are not demons

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I knew about the about the various beastmen but I had forgotten about the slaanesh ones
    Still I am curious in the new season of warhammer underworlds would it be slaanesh demons since the rest of the chaos aligned are not demons

There's a blue and a pair of brimstone horrors in one of the warbands. But they are summoned by a mortal (though heavily mutated) magister.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    There's a Flesh Hound as well! But yes, I'm hoping to see a mortal Slaanesh warband for UWs.

• Options

There's a blue and a pair of brimstone horrors in one of the warbands. But they are summoned by a mortal (though heavily mutated) magister.

I know the Eyes of nine as I am no longer allowed to play them after I built the spells for days deck [with the cards I have} it was pew pew for all 5 turns

• Options
    Dedicating yourself to a single Chaos God? I dunno, that smacks of civilization to me. :razz:

• Options
    There's a suspiciously Daughters of Khaine looking silhouette in the background of this WH preview show, excitement building... :D

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Ooh, that new warcry set looks fun. I'm a big fan of indoor themed boards, and the two gangs look very nice. My favourites are probably the big guy and the lady with the cool haircut and axe from the fire cultist gang

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Hahaha!

Underworlds Darkchasm is getting a Slaangor in it's Slaaneshi warband!

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    Ooh, that new warcry set looks fun. I'm a big fan of indoor themed boards, and the two gangs look very nice. My favourites are probably the big guy and the lady with the cool haircut and axe from the fire cultist gang

Well I do want it for the not DoK stuff but talking my brother into playing will be hard as he is not fond of chaos

Lizardmen in Warhammer underworlds? I am interested

• Options
    Hahaha!

*ahem* that’s Direchasm. Dark chasm is the one underneath that, just above the Voidchasm, next to the Doomchasm.

• Options
    NNNNNNOOOOOO why
    v1a5mzpz3yk0.png
    s5pwnooeblbu.png

• Options
    And Broken Realms
    vob7udutp8f8.png
    The aelven gods are rising up to challenge the might of Chaos and the growing power of Death – but like Sigmar’s pantheon before them, they are riven by mistrust and each pursues their own goals and schemes. Teclis, ever aloof and arrogant, seeks to single-handedly save the Mortal Realms. Allarielle, fickle as the seasons, turns on allies as well as enemies, attacking explorers and settlers across Ghyran. And as for Morathi… well, she has a very definite goal in mind – godhood. True to form, she doesn’t intend to let anything stand in her way.

This new conflict will touch every corner of the Mortal Realms, and affect every faction. Treachery and torment. Siege and slaughter. Bloodshed and battle. All this and more awaits you in a series of epic narrative books on a scale not seen since the Realmgate Wars. As well as truly massive stories, these books will be packed with new rules for loads of factions, thrilling battleplans, and much more.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Hahaha!

*ahem* that’s Direchasm. Dark chasm is the one underneath that, just above the Voidchasm, next to the Doomchasm.

Fun tidbit, the Doomchasm is actually a pretty nice place. The locals call it that to keep the tourists away.

Axen on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Hahaha!

Fun tidbit, the Doomchasm is actually a pretty nice place. The locals call it that to keep the tourists away.

the Happy Crag, though? total shithole

• Options
    Didn't Khaine die in the End Times book with his name on the cover? Morathi better keep an eye out...

Damn good preview for a DoK fan like me though, with a little Slaanesh on the side for my other army. Might've liked to see more (ie any) Destruction releases, but I'm interested in that DoK/Slaanesh battle box (which has precedent for releasing alongside new/updated battletomes, so maybe there will be a new DoK book and something for mortal Slaanesh beyond the broken realms stuff), potentially the Underworlds set though I don't much care for Lumineth, and I definitely want to pick up the Warcry set for the shadow elves, though whilst the hero quest style call back of the catacombs board/terrain is quite fun the actual set up they showed first with the wall-less doors and stuff looks pretty lame visually compared to the initial warcry terrain!

• Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    ...these books will be packed with new rules for loads of factions...

Not sure how I feel about this. I thought we were moving away from book bloat in AoS

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    Didn't Khaine die in the End Times book with his name on the cover?

This is Fake News! Khaine lives! He is just shattered in to pieces and must be collected to bring him back! Luckily Morathi knows what to do, so as long as we do everything she says we will have our God back!

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The crystal hearts on the melusai's belt are a nice detail.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    The crystal hearts on the melusai's belt are a nice detail.

Are they crystal? Or candied?

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Yes, candied with delicious, delicious crystal.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    Why I said no is I planned on sliding into the holiday season buying little as not much interested me
    Sure the new warcry {I like the little dungeon board it's like warhammer quest of old} Shadow and pain though it's one of the few boxes I play with both armies so it's a bonus both ways
    I am curious what this story in AoS is.
    Odd they did not show the Sons of Behemat or the Start collecting box for the Realm Lords

Khaine did die but as Morthai points out in the DoK book when the heart called to her that the old gods of the elves would be reborn in the old world

Tyrion at the end of that world was an avatar of Khaine so I am still curious about Tyrion, he plays a huge part in the realm lords book and he is barely in it

In the art bullet points at the in the article
    those are like dark elf ships of old
    9uq6mkg1vy4w.png

And Slaanesh breaks free
    h71uz9yj1y9d.png

• Options
    The best thing I love about Morathi is that she friggin cribs Grimnir‘s fucking story in order to take control and secretly turn herself in to a God.

She doesn’t even try to come up with an original story! She just copy-pastes!

• Options
    The best thing I love about Morathi is that she friggin cribs Grimnir‘s fucking story in order to take control and secretly turn herself in to a God.

She doesn’t even try to come up with an original story! She just copy-pastes!

How so?

• Options
    Grimnir was shattered in to a million-billion pieces, all of which must be collected to restore him to life (potentially).

Morathi told her followers that Khaine has been shattered in to a million-billion pieces, all of which must be collected to restore him to life (which is a lie, Khaine is SUPER dead).

• Options
    Grimnir was shattered in to a million-billion pieces, all of which must be collected to restore him to life (potentially).

Morathi told her followers that Khaine has been shattered in to a million-billion pieces, all of which must be collected to restore him to life (which is a lie, Khaine is SUPER dead).

Ok
    I thought Grimnir died to that drunken boast of watch me! When they took on the mother of all salamanders
    The heart which Morthai has does beat so Khaine is probably dead as I said Tyrion was his Avatar and Morthai has his heart so...
    But I do hope since this series does focus on the elves of AoS I do hope they show what Tyrion really is up to and WTF is Malerion

• Options
    Yeah Khaine is 99% for sure dead. That 1% is if GW decides to retcon something.

As things stand now though, Khaine is for realies dead. Morathi is playing the SHIT out of the DoK, but she only has about a few dozen more millennia to go before she attains Godhood.

She just needs to keep the ruse going until then. A ruse she is playing on fanatical, grudge holding, murder-happy followers.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am very happy I play Lumineth, Idoneth Deepkin and Daughters of Khaine.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I am very happy I play Lumineth, Idoneth Deepkin and Daughters of Khaine.

I play the later two
    But my brother plays the Realm Lords [He is looking forward to getting archers because he is tired of getting turned into pincushions in his words] He is quite salty about the state of his elves of old but he said he is going to catalog all of the wood elf stuff he has and see what he can use for a sylvaneth. As he might play them as a bad second army he is that bitter about it
    He is quite curious what the Start Collecting will be for the Realm Lords as he feels It could be archers the hammer elves and the caster in the veil. Hammer elves and the caster on the plinth doesn't have the same punch for someone starting a army {as he points out my debate about getting a DoK starter for another cauldron and some Melusai the same as the later army and the ugly comment of an elite army for premium price
    He is also very curious about the Satyr elves if they will be turned into a army and what it would be like

I am curious what Malerion what he is up to and what his army will be

This discussion has been closed.