As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] Squad sub leaders!

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    L8NW7Ws.jpg

If I fight another Lavasioth again, it'll be too fucking soon.

Did you get any Mighty Bow jewels in your search for Guard Up?

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    user wrote: »
    L8NW7Ws.jpg

If I fight another Lavasioth again, it'll be too fucking soon.

Did you get any Mighty Bow jewels in your search for Guard Up?

FUCKING 6 OF THEM!!!

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So I understand the advice about socketing resist jewels! I would love to.

But seeing as how I swapped platforms to play Iceborne, I am horribly and terribly decoration starved. I got some Blaze decos from sacrificing some to the Elder Melder but I literally don't even have 10 spare jewels to give up to get any of the other elemental decos.

What is the best way I can just farm a bunch of decorations in bulk? I don't particularly care for the quality of the jewels -- I just need lots!

Also curious when I unlock the Silver Ticket meld for decos?

I am only about HR 30 and MR 3, so I can't even do 'It's Name is Laviosioth' yet.

Can you do Greatest Jagras? He spits out a ton

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Yay! I hit my first big wall in MR after Banbaro......... it's Rathalos.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So the Gunlance stake that you can use when you load your slinger ammo

apparently when you trigger the stake it counts as slinger attacks

The after match screen gave me Slinger Sniper, slinger ammo hits x114, and I was like wtf

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I get silly high counts on that using SnS too because I'll just do stone slinger bursts to start up perfect rush.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    so i spent a little while looking into this but it's impossible to tell from user reviews and reddit, how does this run on pc these days? i'm thinking about getting back in, and even though i played mhw on xbox one, i don't know that i can deal with them load times anymore. is the pc version ok? half the posts seem to say it's fine, and half say it's a burning car crash so i am having a tough time.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    i have a 5 year oldish computer with i7 and a newer 2070 super gpu and it runs pretty well
    had graphics crashing for about a day but none since patching, so i'd say the majority of my time spent playing had no issues

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    It runs mostly around 60 for me with middle-ish settings on an old i7-4790 and a much more limiting R7 260X, albeit in the 720p range because my good monitor broke.

Except for like a week where AMD cards crashed constantly on DX12 and ran horrifically (or maybe they always do) on DX11.

Kamar on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I get silly high counts on that using SnS too because I'll just do stone slinger bursts to start up perfect rush.

When I run bow, Thousand Dragons counts as unloading a full sling, so I end every fight in triple digits

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    so i spent a little while looking into this but it's impossible to tell from user reviews and reddit, how does this run on pc these days? i'm thinking about getting back in, and even though i played mhw on xbox one, i don't know that i can deal with them load times anymore. is the pc version ok? half the posts seem to say it's fine, and half say it's a burning car crash so i am having a tough time.

I put MHW on a SSD on the XB1X and the load times are pretty fast, if that’s an option for you

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Finally HR 50 and doin Lavasioth. Hoping to get some Tenderizer Jewels and Mighty Bow too.

Also can someone with control of the Steam group accept my app? My handle on there is Exzeph.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Alright, I'm back in this game with some friends on the PS4. Only HR 10 but it's been fun

So are Gunlances the best weapon? Or just the greatest weapon?

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Alright, I'm back in this game with some friends on the PS4. Only HR 10 but it's been fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnDpbY9ld5c

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

I'm sorry, but you clearly meant to write greatsword

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

I'm sorry, but you clearly meant to write greatsword

Greatsword is greatest. Gunlance is gunniest.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I realized that having all of the events being open is not normal, so I started to try them to see what they're like and that I had never done any before. I also needed decos pretty bad as I am a brand new player who has poured a TON of time into it, so my HR is fairly high.

I randomly picked The Greatest Jagras. Wow, he's big.

Wow, 35 decos?!

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    I realized that having all of the events being open is not normal, so I started to try them to see what they're like and that I had never done any before. I also needed decos pretty bad as I am a brand new player who has poured a TON of time into it, so my HR is fairly high.

I randomly picked The Greatest Jagras. Wow, he's big.

Wow, 35 decos?!

The quest isn't called the mediumiest jagras

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    All ya'll sleeping on the hunting horn.

Don't worry, I'll play the negate all ailments song for ya.

• Options
    Got my PS4 save from just starting guiding lands back up to the armor loadout I had currently on PC, minus gold rath stuff. Still need some rank ups for the top end, I'm at 67 right now.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    So what's a good MR hunting horn and gunlance for early MR? I've been meaning to try both with the new mechanics. I have most of the good KT weapons for both but not sure if I should work for like great jagras or banboro

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Reddit recommends Bone > Acid Glav for Hunting Horn and Viper Tobi for HBG as transition weapons.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Viper Tobi gunlance did good work for me as a backup to my SnS when I wanted that tanking.

Also when para finally procs and you just get that free full combo its so satisfying.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    So what's a good MR hunting horn and gunlance for early MR? I've been meaning to try both with the new mechanics. I have most of the good KT weapons for both but not sure if I should work for like great jagras or banboro

https://i.imgur.com/ND0oNj7.png

Note the HBG recommendations is pierce 3 (viper tobi) into sticky/cc HBG (zorah, post story)

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I tore apart MR Velkhana and Teostra, no problem. Choppy choppy with my Glaive.

Black Diablos ended me. It feels like I need to be item heavy with her, just trap her repeatedly / screamer pods. She never stops attacking / digging it feels like.

Not a fan of that.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    MR Tempered Black Diablos is possibly the worst fight in the game. I can only beat it with a fully shielded HBG, which I learned after I lost three or four times while using bow.

It's the only investigation I delete regardless of how many decos it has. All five? Don't care fuck off.

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Reddit recommends Bone > Acid Glav for Hunting Horn and Viper Tobi for HBG as transition weapons.

Bone is a good starting horn and then Nyx (sleepytime paolumu horn) is very useful for early negate all ailments.

• Options
    I decided to stop languishing in low MR waiting for my friends to diddle about crafting low MR armor, and so I blazed ahead from Barioth to post-Fulguring Anjanath. Finally starting to see some decent armor.

I hope to farm the Mighty Bow Jewel in the Lavasioth event quest but I think it cycles out in a day or two, so I dunno if I'll be able to!

• Options
    I decided to stop languishing in low MR waiting for my friends to diddle about crafting low MR armor, and so I blazed ahead from Barioth to post-Fulguring Anjanath. Finally starting to see some decent armor.

I hope to farm the Mighty Bow Jewel in the Lavasioth event quest but I think it cycles out in a day or two, so I dunno if I'll be able to!

It and every single other event quest is up for the rest of the month. May 7th to be exact.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I used the Sforzando III for the longest time because I really like the song set and it is one of the few horns with Atk UP XL
    Velkhana horn is decent too

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options

It and every single other event quest is up for the rest of the month. May 7th to be exact.
    My MotD in-game says until April 9th. Is there some place better to look for schedules?

• Options

My MotD in-game says until April 9th. Is there some place better to look for schedules?

One of the rare instances where a game's own official website is of use. :)

https://www.monsterhunter.com/world-iceborne/us/

There's an Event Quest Schedule link. Will list what's coming up in a 3 week window too. Now... this might be console only, because I know the PC version is still lagging behind. But I'm pretty sure that changes with this upcoming festival and everything will finally be on the same schedule.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

There's an Event Quest Schedule link. Will list what's coming up in a 3 week window too. Now... this might be console only, because I know the PC version is still lagging behind. But I'm pretty sure that changes with this upcoming festival and everything will finally be on the same schedule.

and to memory, the upcoming festival kicks off tomorrow for PC and console, so yay!

Actually, it kicks off in a few hours, so double yay. Get ready to wrangle some Brachydioses, folks!

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    This is gonna seem off-topic for a second but bear with me...

The next Magic set is Ikoria, and it's basically "monster world" with a bunch of (literally) Godzilla-inspired critters rampaging through the countryside. Humans are decidedly not at the top of the food chain here, and survive mostly by banding together in bastions and fending off the kaiju as best they can. Some humans actively hunt them and take bits for trophies, weapons and armor.

Sound familiar?

Here's a passage from the tie-in ebook:
    Sedra gestured sharply, and bright light flashed in front of the monster’s eyes, accompanied by a crack of thunder. The arcanist’s spell distracted the thing for a crucial half-second, enough time for Toothcracker to wind up and swing his maul overhand against its head. The huge weapon was simply a broken-off tooth from some much larger monster, lumpy and rough at one end and cracked at the other. It slammed into the dinosaur’s bony crest with a crunch, breaking off one of its horns and leaving it staggering. Its beak snapped wildly, forcing Toothcracker to take a hasty step back.

Flashbomb, bone Hammer lv3 charge, part break/stagger, dodge.

There are even an emerging subset of humans who can "bond" with monsters and team up with them (Ride On!).

The inspiration is definitely monsters first, but clearly someone at WotC has picked up a Greatsword in their time. The whole set hasn't been revealed yet but I'm looking forward to see if any Equipment further calls this out.

Vyolynce on
  • Options

and to memory, the upcoming festival kicks off tomorrow for PC and console, so yay!

Actually, it kicks off in a few hours, so double yay. Get ready to wrangle some Brachydioses, folks!

Is there any good gear or fashion gear associated with this festival?

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2020

I believe it's a new festival, so I'm not sure if there's a preview of the gear...but, according to Monster Hunter's site, it looks like the answer is "Yes":
    New equipment!
    Complete limited-time event quests for the materials to craft special new equipment!

Increased login bonuses!
    Lucky Vouchers increased to 3 per day, and login bonuses also include Spring Blossom Tickets and Full Bloom Tickets!

Daily limited bounties!
    Complete limited bounties to get Spring Blossom Tickets, Blossom Fireworks, Full Bloom Tickets, and Snowmen!

Discounts at base facilities!
    New Handler outfits available for a limited time!
    New Poogie clothing as well as guild card titles, backgrounds, and poses!
    Nearly all event quests available to play!
    Almost all previous event quests will be made available for the duration of the event.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    I think the armor is a rose themed tuxedo looking thing.

But the palico armor is a gothic doll, and I freakin' want it.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2020

Unless you're looking at a different calendar (or are in a different timezone), it looks like the festival kicks off in a shade under 28.5 hours.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options

Festival wise, i have no idea.

If you're on PC though, Raging Dios's gear is a big shakeup - his 2 piece set bonus is incredibly strong, his armor is itself very good meaning fitting in the two piece is pretty easy for mix sets (The head piece has TWO FOUR SLOTS!), and you can now upgrade your Agitator +4 charm to Agitator +5.

His weapons are also generally very good - i know his Greatsword is very competitive to outright better than Safi's depending on build, for example (More blast, slightly less raw attack, still good sharpness, comes with a four slot and a 3 slot, which is very nice) - not to mention that it's already at max sharpness, so you dont need Handicraft in your build. Which is a Big Deal tm for freeing up slots. I'm ceartinly going to give using it a go - i suspect i may go back to the Safi blast GS (Simply because i dont run master's touch and i like having a pile of purple sharpness).

Also you can now upgrade your armor even further, which will allow you to play that much more loosely, which is real nice.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I have one more question before I grab this thing on PC. I was very, very far along on xbox one. Is it possible to speed up my way through the base world stuff, be it with increased drop rates or whatever, if most of what I want to do is the new stuff?

aeNqQM9.jpg