As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's a good [job] thread, Elmo

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I am now headed to a four and a half hour interview for a job I have realized I will almost certainly not accept

send me good luck wishes

or don't, I guess, now that I think on it

It's still good practice. Give it your all, then decline if they offer.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I am now headed to a four and a half hour interview for a job I have realized I will almost certainly not accept

send me good luck wishes

or don't, I guess, now that I think on it

It's still good practice. Give it your all, then decline if they offer.

Better than that, have a good think about what they would need to offer you to accept the position, and then ask for it. It can't hurt, and you never know- they might really like you and/or be super desperate!

• Options
    Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Ah, Fridax, sweet Fridax.

I got paid today! And then immediately used nearly all the money in my personal account to pay credit cards and car insurance for my car. Fun!

This is my payday too. We put practically everything on our main credit card for rewards, and then every payday I pay it off. Today was a brutal one, as we had an expensive car service appointment and had to buy new tires this past month.

Fingers crossed for a decent cost of living raise next year to accompany a scheduled pay bump.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So I've been making small mistakes at work. Mostly oversights and minutiea, I'm not real good at details, but anyway, my supervisor decided to start spot checking my work.

Well he kept finding shit and finding shit... Keep in mind nobody else at work gets their work checked... And now I've been informed that I have to end my work from home as of Wednesday and I can't work anymore voluntary overtime for the time being

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Got my analysis of financing options for a class turned in, got lunch with mi padre, got back home and now I'm having a serious mental health/deja vu episode

Haven't had one of these in awhile. Good reminder

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    So I've been making small mistakes at work. Mostly oversights and minutiea, I'm not real good at details, but anyway, my supervisor decided to start spot checking my work.

Well he kept finding shit and finding shit... Keep in mind nobody else at work gets their work checked... And now I've been informed that I have to end my work from home as of Wednesday and I can't work anymore voluntary overtime for the time being

:bro:

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Damn, dude, that sucks

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    YES IT DOES

I know my brain and lots of people's brains are all fucked up these days but why couldn't mine be fucked up in a way that doesn't make it so hard for me to work a normal job?

• Options
    Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    Today, on this Fridax, I have completed two long-term work products that have been dueling for my time for weeks. ACCOMPLISH!

I go forth now to find some sort of cookie, for celebration purposes.

• Options
    My union is on this shit. They've got my back so we'll see what happens.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    the scariest part is still running win 7 up until now

Haha, yeah, who would do that

Heh

Ahem.

Windows 10 is good and the upgrade from 7 is free.

I thought that was just for the first year and now if you're going 7-->10 you gotta pay like everyone else (I imagine Bill Gates saying this in a 30's gangster voice).

That may have been the original plan, or maybe they just said that to encourage adoption. But no, they wrote off all those upgrades.

I feel like windows 10 probably wouldn't run very well on my old-ass computer.

But I'm hoping to build a new one in the next six months so I guess I'll upgrade then.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I just got what I thought was a passive aggressive note telling me to clean my couch and flipped out like a ninja turns out it was for the cleaners so you know ask me anything about how I organise my life

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't care about your life, I wanna know how you organize your couch

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    I don't care about your life, I wanna know how you organize your couch

You know precisely what the issue with my couch would be

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Full of crumbs from all the British cookies (called biscuits for some reason) that I assume you stress eat?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    They call them crumpets or biscuits, Skragg.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Full of crumbs from all the British cookies (called biscuits for some reason) that I assume you stress eat?

A truly, viscerally disturbing amount of Cheetos dust?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Nah
    I know what it is

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    I’m gonna go with smears of marmite.

• Options
    11waof51rywp.jpeg

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Okay, I see the problem. You've got it on the wall.

• Options
    I had to go to the nice lady who put the note up and say hello I need a new note please as I put the original note in the bin

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    ugh what a good lad

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular

Heh

Ahem.

I thought that was just for the first year and now if you're going 7-->10 you gotta pay like everyone else (I imagine Bill Gates saying this in a 30's gangster voice).

That may have been the original plan, or maybe they just said that to encourage adoption. But no, they wrote off all those upgrades.

But I'm hoping to build a new one in the next six months so I guess I'll upgrade then.

Actually, in most cases Windows 10 will perform better on than 7 on older hardware. YMMV of course, but to everyone's anecdotes of horror stories, as someone used to dealing with thousands of computers 10 is very smooth, flexible, powerful and stable.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Heh

Ahem.

Actually, in most cases Windows 10 will perform better on than 7 on older hardware. YMMV of course, but to everyone's anecdotes of horror stories, as someone used to dealing with thousands of computers 10 is very smooth, flexible, powerful and stable.

About 8 years ago the computer failed for some reason I forgot about so we had to buy a new mother board I think
    Anyways we pulled out a old win 98 computer {as it was the only thing we had a backup} to get the parts . I will still make fun of the face most sites would not load Newegg where I got the part barely worked. But coming here it worked flawlessly it loaded the forum and let me socialize like it was nothing

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I went in to today thinking I was gonna be out between $1-2K in dental/auto costs. Dentist said I owed nothing, brakes & tires are fine for around another half a year. All it cost me was lunch!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I'm still on 8.1 because I'm a stubborn arsehole. I'll upgrade to 10 in a couple of years when I upgrade my whole computer.

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    11waof51rywp.jpeg

That's some shameful organization right there. There's a whole half-cushion that isn't taken up by dog.

Clearly, you need either an additional dog, or you need to increase the size of your existing dog.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    11waof51rywp.jpeg

That's some shameful organization right there. There's a whole half-cushion that isn't taken up by dog.

Clearly, you need either an additional dog, or you need to increase the size of your existing dog.

well if he does the later he will not longer need a car as he can ride him to work and if anyone questions it he no longer has to feed the dog either

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    In January when I come back off parental leave my work is replacing the call taking system and the system we use to log 999 calls.

They're also upgrading to Windows 10 and have to replace the computers themselves.

I'm absolutely sure nothing will go wrong whatsoever!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    In January when I come back off parental leave my work is replacing the call taking system and the system we use to log 999 calls.

They're also upgrading to Windows 10 and have to replace the computers themselves.

I'm absolutely sure nothing will go wrong whatsoever!

Ha ha no, HR made a mistake - your paid parental leave runs through February, you go back to work on March 1st.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Is somebody here a bigwig at Thinkgeek or something?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Someone used to be.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I don't know about a bigwig. But definitely a wig of some notable size.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Supervising.

Doing nothing till a car arrives. Then making up as much as I can

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Is somebody here a bigwig at Thinkgeek or something?

DrZiplock used to work there if I remember right

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Brovid, Were Giraffes a hazard of your job?

• Options
    Nope. I can't really think of a less hazardous animal.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Yesterday I:

Got a picture with the World Series trophy

Joined a D&D group at the hospital

Spent about three hours at actual work justifiably doing nothing

Went to happy hour with coworkers and talked about gardening and board games with my new supervisor

Everything's coming up Quid

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular

Heh

Ahem.

Microsoft stopped promoting it and said there would be a point at which they would cut off your ability and you'd have to pay... except they never turned off those servers or the ability to activate the license that way. They want you to pay, sure, but it's overall better for the ecosystem - and their bottom line - to keep you on an up-to-date Windows install, and they don't really care if you use their old license upgrade path (I mean, they offered it to everyone to begin with, after all) so they're probably not turning off the ability to go 7 -> 10 until after 7 goes belly-up.

There is a chance that the license upgrade servers do get switched off when 7 end-of-life's next year, though, so I'd strongly recommend people make the upgrade before then (it's so much faster) - unless you're planning a MoBo upgrade in the next couple months, in which case do that first, then upgrade.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
This discussion has been closed.