As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Thanksgiving] is but once a year (mostly)

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Left the apartment at 0730 and got to parents place at 0830 driving 55 mph the entire way. Honestly it was the smoothest ride I've ever had on the 5, there was almost no one for most of the trip.

Food time isn't for a while yet but my father is busy frying a bunch of stuff he prepped over the past few days like pickles, zucchini, and squash. If time permits we'll start experimenting with Rollos and deviled eggs.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I was on green bean casserole duty today but right I finished trimming my beans the baby fell asleep on my chest. So now I'm watching the TV drinking a whiskey cider while some poor fool my awesome wife picks up my slack.
    98c29rkxnuxe.jpg

Carpy on
  • Options
    The annoying aunt has arrived

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I ate too much.

Tryptophan kicking in.

Zzzz

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Thanksgiving with the very religious in laws was alright, managed to avoid any minefield topics. Highlight was definitely my 4 year old niece telling everyone "I like Satan" when her grandfather asked who her favorite Bible character was.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    No super religious among my extended family but boy is there an uncomfortable amount of casual bigotry flying around

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Thanksgiving with the very religious in laws was alright, managed to avoid any minefield topics. Highlight was definitely my 4 year old niece telling everyone "I like Satan" when her grandfather asked who her favorite Bible character was.

HAIL SATAN!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Turkey is 20f away from being done, dressing is in the oven, along with the apple pie. Wife is making up the mashed potatoes right now and we'll be cooking up some carrots in about 45 minutes so there is some semblance of vegetables with this meal. Got a fancy bottle of wine to go with dinner. Mmmm going to be good stuff.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    First

A3fzqNQ.jpg?1

Then

4BvZtpZ.jpg

And then

uwuKHBT.jpg

And me, to me, after preparing and eating this meal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx92QIQAipQ

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

Had dinner at my brother's place and he and his girlfriend made a heck load of good food, and my oldest brother brought a heckin' good cheesecake for desert!

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I know I have good friends when they send the wife back home with the drumstick.

SXr4n9ll.jpg

• Options
    It's seriously cooled down out here, and slowed the smoker down. Probably looking at another 45 minutes before its done!

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Successfully hosted Thanksgiving at our new place this year with my father and mother in law attending. Made way too much food, the brined turkey came out moist and delicious, am now contemplating what to do with the leftovers.

Food Made:
    Relish tray (pickles, olives (black and green), smoked oysters)
    Meat and cheese board (turkey summer sausage, cheddar, pepper jack)
    Green bean casserole
    Dressing
    Bacon chive mashed potatoes
    Turkey gravy (using turkey drippings)
    Mashed sweet potatoes (with marshmallows)
    Turkey (wet brined and roasted)
    Pumpkin pie with graham cracker crust and homemade whipped cream

So much food.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I don't want to move

ever again

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I don't want to move

ever again

We shall entomb you in a pyramid made of turkey bones and mashed potato bricks.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I dealt with my mouthy dog complaining how I would leave him to help with dinner and while serving then eating all he did was loudly vocally complain
    It did snow and though I live on a cul de sac it was sad to watch all the people lacking in skills driving in the snow

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Everyone, I think we've been doing turkey wrong this entire time. Instead of traditional gravy I made thing kind Aji Verde sauce mixed with the rue.

I'm never going back.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    My turkey came out so good nobody put gravy on it. My parents didn't have any vinegar for the glaze, so I put some Red Devil in it because it has a lot of vinegar and it came out fuckin' gangbusters.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    My pie chi was strong this year.
    1nei32ombq0z.jpeg
    nkpz9g2m2hct.jpeg
    du17tpd61gtw.jpeg
    28m5qbsr482b.jpeg

Ed: Forgot to take a “before” pic for the apple pie. 8 large apples in it: 5 Granny Smith, 2 pink ladies, and 1 nittany.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    MMMmmmmmm Pie

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Bird is much more thawed now, but the neck is still pretty glued to the inside of the bird, and the giblets are in there too. Gonna leave it for the day, it's still nice and cool and moist and should survive till this afternoon when my girlfriend gets home.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'll have to make a cheesecake Saturday

I'm not eating tomorrow

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Have now had sweet potato pie, ready to nap for the weekend.

The cats got little a turkey and then James followed me around for 20 minutes meowing.

I Zimbra on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • Options
    Turkey took a bit longer than planned due to the freezing temps, but it was worth it! Fucking A i am stuffed. Cant wait for tomorrow. Turkey and stuffing sandwiches, fried mashed potato cakes and leftover apple pie & pumpkin cheesecake.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Sister made a pie with melted chocolate chips, dark chocolate chunks, and pudding mix covered in whipped cream. It was amazing and now I'm fat.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I just made my chocolate bourbon pecan for tomorrow's 'do and can confirm:

nqSFG5dl.jpg

Will be amazing, will make you fat.

(This was fresh out of the oven so the cracks should settle out.)

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Thanksgiving with the fam went well. Even flying up was surprisingly easy. Had to help cook a bit when I arrived but it was worth it.

ogo59llvn16k.jpg

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    That vintage looking tablecloth really paints the whole photo in a very retro cookbook hue and I am HERE FOR IT in a BIG BIG WAY

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Woodsy Thanksgiving was good. Dogs and the baby enjoyed the scenery much.
    15h52cdin466.jpeg
    pplcbwaaqfhv.jpeg

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Dogs and babies is my favorite thing I think.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Right, those peas are obviously canned. You gotta use fresh for a preparation like that

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    My wife and I have been eating a lot lower carb lately.

The stuffing this year is a recipe she found made with cauliflower and holy fuck it is good.

@Raijin Quickfoot I'd love the recipe if you have a link to it handy, sounds great!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    My wife and I have been eating a lot lower carb lately.

The stuffing this year is a recipe she found made with cauliflower and holy fuck it is good.

@Raijin Quickfoot I'd love the recipe if you have a link to it handy, sounds great!

I will see if I can get it from my wife when she is home.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Right, those peas are obviously canned. You gotta use fresh for a preparation like that

Any vegetables in Mac & Cheese is Hearsay. Some meats are ok as long as you know its there beforehand.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Carpy wrote: »

Any vegetables in Mac & Cheese is Hearsay. Some meats are ok as long as you know its there beforehand.

Counterpoint, cauliflower crumbles

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I cooked and ate some mac and cheese with some pickled jalapenos mixed in

That was delicious

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Mac and cheese with jalapenos, onion, and black beans is pretty great

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Corn in mac and cheese is actually pretty great. Nice little crunchy niblets for a texture bump.