As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] thread: Back to your backlogs

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    The new UI has been more stable for me at least, ever since (I think) it left beta and became the default platform, or maybe one of the updates shortly after. I no longer seem to need to make multiple attempts to launch Steam, although my issues didn't seem as persistent or pervasive as problems some others faced.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    So glad you enjoyed it @Talus9952!!

I was silently commiserating with you about that last planet with no missions. The reputation system is one of my least favorite aspects of the game. It should work, but it ends up constraining which missions you take a lot more than it adds any benefit. And if you are playing iron man, any 4+ planet you go to is a gamble as there's a good chance no one will like you enough in the system to give you a mission (or if you are super popular there will be two missions pitting you against one of your 'friends.') At the very least, the game should do a check and if there are no available missions from factions give you 1-2 missions from the planetary government.

The lore doesn't really support how pissy everyone gets. You're a mercenary - offer top dollar and I'll take your mission next! It would be better if there were penalties, like lower payouts or reduced salvage vs. just gating the missions behind the rating system. Or let us peep all the missions on a planet before committing a 20 day space journey to get there.

Oh well. If you aren't playing iron man, it's nothing some save scumming the first time you check the mission board can't fix!

It's a minor complaint, though. The game on the whole, despite a few warts (steep learning curve & poor tutorial, late game staleness w/ infinite assault mechs, and no value reputation system), is pretty good! :winky:

And hey, only a week until Heavy Metal drops. <3

I agree with everything you've said. Once I got some top assault mechs, the game was pretty much a breeze. It needs an extra something to motivate you once you are at end game with the best assault mechs. I need to try to take rep into account the next time I replay it, and try not to piss too many factions. Allying with a faction seems to have some pretty negative consequences, and the faction store doesn't seem worth it.

There's also the allied Flashpoints but I haven't heard many good things about them. Apparently they are mostly stupid-hard Target Acquisition missions with standard FP rewards so unless you are a masochist there's not much appeal in doing them.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    A big massive thank you for Job Simulator @spoit! I tried taking a screenshot of it but imgur is down sadly however I will 100% use it to research and study working in an office/lab environment! :heartbeat:

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Hey! Do you have ASTRONEER? 'Cause it's time for another reminder about limited-time dressups!

For another twenty-four hours, simply starting the game and being in-world will (eventually) unlock two Halloween cosmetics: an orange-and-black suit palette and a visor graphic depicting a ghostly green skull.

In addition, Spookysquash are growing on the worlds of Vesania and Atrox. Dig one up and plant the seed to earn a Jack o' Lantern visor graphic!

Unfortunately I probably should've posted these a bit earlier as teching up to space travel can take quite a while and I'll be out for most of tomorrow. But if you've already got a world in progress the plants will spawn retroactively and the other items don't require any more than entering the game and loading into a world.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I recently started back in on Astroneer because of the holiday stuff, and finally am getting around to getting the last achievements I need.
    I'm activating all of the Gateway Chambers on all the planets, and only have Atrox left. Unforunately, this is kind of a pain as it results in me wandering around a planet for way too long, just trying to find my damn base again.

I love this game, but man navigation could be greatly improved.

Meanwhile on of the recent patches added a some probes you can find via a new Probe scanner you can build. Interesting concept, but the execution is lacking. It's just follow where the probe scanner points until you find the probe. Hardest part really (besides finding your way back to base) is that you have to burn the Probe Scanner to activate the probe. Make sure you have plenty of iron and carbon in stock.

Also they recently added jump jets, which are awesome. I hope they do more stuff like that to give you more abilities.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I love this game, but man navigation could be greatly improved.

Some things I do to keep navigation manageable:
    In addition to using Beacons to make my bases more visible at distance or from space, I pick landing sites very close to Gateways. Polar sites can be found by hovering over your character and using the compass to find your pole; equatorial sites let you navigate "by the stars" since everything's aligned to the galactic plane.

Also the Creative Update is dropping Friday.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Is the majora's mask in space game?

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I freaking love Astroneer, and I'm only missing the MP achievements to get the final color. Have everything else, including the latest suits, visors and colors.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I freaking love Astroneer, and I'm only missing the MP achievements to get the final color. Have everything else, including the latest suits, visors and colors.

I'm missing the mp achievements too: we should play sometime.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Looks like Extra Life has gotten their shit together for the most part, so please check this list for your name and PM me if you have donated and it's missing. That being said, the new deadline for raffles is this coming weekend (Noon EST, Friday 11/15). If you would still like to enter, donate at least $5 to my extra-life page here.

Thanks everyone! <3

Last call. Tomorrowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww we draw dem winners.

• Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Thank you @Karoz and @destroyah87 for Obra Dinn and Subnautica - watery birfdee is apparently the thing....

You're terrible people <3

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Questor wrote: »
    Thank you Karoz and destroyah87 for Obra Dinn and Subnautica - watery birfdee is apparently the thing....

You're terrible people <3

You're the one who made the mistake of telling chat that it's your BIRTHDAY.

Oh dear did I let that slip in here? My bad.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

Some very good 10tons titles here (Jydge, Time Recoil, Xenoraid and Telsa vs. Lovecraft). If you've got Neon Chrome then that's basically their greatest hits sorted

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    How do you disassociate a game from your steam account? I have a couple of free to play games that (Adventure Capitalism and some cards stuff) that I thought I had removed, but the recent update has thrust all that into my info feed and update feeds and it's annoying as hell. Clicking on the games in my library doesn't seem to lead to a "remove game" option. Anyone know how to do that?

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I know the old list view let you hide games in your collection. I expect that option is still available but I haven't dug into it.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    In the licenses part of account details I think you can remove F2P stuff.

• Options
    edited November 2019

Whoa, double post.

Jazz on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

I'm sad I missed that L2Japan bundle.

Also.
    Looks like Extra Life has gotten their shit together for the most part, so please check this list for your name and PM me if you have donated and it's missing. That being said, the new deadline for raffles is this coming weekend (Noon EST, Friday 11/15). If you would still like to enter, donate at least $5 to my extra-life page here.

Thanks everyone! <3

Last call. Tomorrowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww we draw dem winners.

Super duper final call. I'll pull winners in 60-90 minutes or so... basically whenever I get back from lunch.

• Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

That was perfect, thanks. I had hidden them from view before, but now they're actively pushing stuff at me so..... bye bye!

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Here we goooooooooo.

Final donation list:
    1. AKAJaybay
    2. AnAlt - Asked to be exempt
    3. Aumni
    4. Betsuni
    5. Bloodatonement
    6. CoolJammer00
    7. davidsdurions
    8. Destroyah87
    9. Dixon
    10. dresdenphile
    11. DRGCera
    12. drovek
    13. Elvenshae
    14. EvilMonkey
    15. Extreaminatus
    16. Fishman
    17. Iolo
    18. Isy
    19. Jubal77
    20. Karoz - Asked to be exempt
    21. LD50
    22. Malakaius
    23. Muglsey
    24. Pixie
    25. Questor
    26. Spoit
    27. Squares
    28. StabbyStyle
    29. Sumanai
    30. Talus
    31. Teeman
    32. USAgent
    33. Viking
    34. ZombiePenguin
    And don't forget to donate at least $5 to enter into these awesome raffles!
    • $100 Steam Gift Card (I'll gift the balance directly to your account!)
    • A Steam gift of your choice! (Max of $60!)
    • A Sega Genesis Mini! ($80 value! If the winner is US then shipping is on me! Outside of US, I'd ask if you'd please pay for shipping!)

o0ldowrumoo4.png

Congratulations to @Sumanai for winning $100 in Steam Gift Monies!! (Sent)
    Congratulations to @Evil Monkey for winning a free Steam Gift of their choice!! (Sent)
    And finally congratulations to @Talus9952 for winning a Sega Genesis Mini!! (Hot potato'd to Bloodatonement. Sent!)

Please be on the lookout for PMs for acceptance of your gifts! If they decline or do not respond in 48 hours, we will re-roll some dice.

Thanks again everyone for donating and participating!! <3<3<3

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Congrats to all the winners, and thanks again to @KoopahTroopah for putting his body and sanity on the line for the childrens. :)

• Options
    CalescentCalescent Registered User regular
    Two items to grab if you're interested. Company of Heroes 2 is free to keep until Nov. 17 at 10am Pacific time. No trading cards.

v6phm1sso62y.jpg

DLC for Crusader Kings II, Sword of Islam, is free to keep for an additional day until Nov. 18 at 10am Pacific time.

wt2z10tvhid8.jpg

Steam: Calidaria
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/asBRKYTqG5g

This looks pretty fucking rad and was announced at X019. Supposed to release on Xbox One, Steam, Switch, and PS4 next year, but is in Open Beta on Xbox until November 25th.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    lp0p9el5ireb.png

"dieselpunk airplane action roguelike game"

Ok, yes, that sounds awesome.

Thanks @ReverseCreations you delightful monster! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Wow, THE MESSENGER is fucking cool

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Talus denied the Sega-y goodness.
    j2w4gkradr17.png

Congrats @bloodatonement ! Please accept a free Sega Genesis Mini!

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Talus denied the Sega-y goodness.
    j2w4gkradr17.png

Congrats bloodatonement ! Please accept a free Sega Genesis Mini!

Thanks Koop and Talus!

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    @KoopahTroopah gifted me with a copy of Disco Elysium by way of @Evil Monkey! Classy fella asked for his prize to be passed on to me d'awwwwww
    6W0vBAS.png

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »

I tried to like the Messenger, I really did. But man, it took a nose-dive hard for me about 1/3 of the way through. Great concept, just poor execution.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »

I wanted to like that game more than I did. I dunno, snarky sidekick that insults you but never in a fun or clever way got old. It was also pretty hard.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Woo! Got all of the remaining singleplayer achievements in Astroneer; just need the mutiplayer ones.

@Stormwatcher , (or anyone else for that matter) Hit me up on Steam if you want to knock those out someday. I'm just UndeadScottsman on Steam.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Woo! Got all of the remaining singleplayer achievements in Astroneer; just need the mutiplayer ones.

@Stormwatcher Hit me up on Steam if you want to knock those out someday. I'm just UndeadScottsman on Steam.

I too would like to join in on the multiplayer shenanigans.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Calescent wrote: »
    Company of Heroes 2 is free to keep until Nov. 17 at 10am Pacific time. No trading cards.
    v6phm1sso62y.jpg
    Also, you can grab the Company Of Heroes - Victory at Stalingrad Mission Pack DLC for free through this link:
    https://signup.companyofheroes.com/

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Once again, YouTube reveals the final act of a video game by teasing the boss fight, I was....was.......

I swear I made this post before.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I really need to get back to The Messenger since they released the DLC a while back. I loved playing through that main campaign.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Once again, YouTube reveals the final act of a video game by teasing the boss fight, I was....was.......

I swear I made this post before.

No you didn't. You're going crazy.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Saw a pop up that Jurassic World Evolution was getting original Jurassic Park content, which reminded me I forgot to keep playing it.

Grabbed the two current expansions. Frontier have been busy. as well as what I expected - add more Dinosaurs - they've slowly added more actual content. Each expansion has a campaign, and each adds a few buildings here and there. I thought the guest buildings were pretty thin last time I played, and there's more now. They've added Paleobotany research. They've even added to the Dinosaur AI. The upcoming expansion will let you set up an on-rails safari like the first movie, plus adds flying Dinosaurs (just Pteranodons at first) and an Aviary, plus Compies which I'm guessing will have their own building.

So I fired it and saw there's even sandbox mode now. I jumped back into the campaign and beat the second island. Still some gripes - you can't transfer money or speed up time, so islands going broke need to be bailed out by rich islands mining fossils and letting the broke islands sell them which is slow and annoying.

But the Dinosaurs are still awesome. And that's what I'm here for.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    A good friend of mine speedruns The Messenger (no glitches, or at least very few?) so that has colored my reception of the game vis-a-vis difficulty and content.

Granted, he's good at and loves 'vanias / platformers and I play Mickey's Castle of Illusion and get taken out by a toy soldier.

• Options
    To be fair, those toy soldiers are bastards.

This discussion has been closed.