Options

PC Games - Adore EA & Corruption 2029 out today!

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Most Slay the Spire characters have an archetype you can force and generally win with. For the Silent it's poison-block, as discussed, for the Ironclad it's exhaust, and for the Defect it's powers-lightning.

forcing only works on very low A levels, please keep that in mind

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Fanatical doing flash sale with proceeds benefitting Australia fire Relief

List of current flash sale games:
    Wolfenstein 2 New Colossus $10
    Rime $0.89
    nuDoom $5
    Dishonored 2 $8
    Prey $6
    Learn Japanese to Survive Trilogy $2
    Mr. Shifty $3
    Brothers A Tale of Two Sons $2.24
    Everspace Ultimate Edition $7.50
    Wreckfest $16
    Skullgirls Complete Bundle $1
    Train Valley 2 $10.49

Also Star Deal is Pathfinder: Kingmaker Explorer Edition $15

Edit: Reminder that any Steam Winter Awards cards are expiring on 2/3 so finish crafting your badgers/sell them on the market for free moneys now.

Karoz on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I also think I had relics that added a poison to every attack and added a poison every time you did a poison

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Baidol wrote: »
    I'm looking for something to take a break between JRPGs I should buy the Halo collection y/n?

FINISH THE FIGHT

I may do this, but also play Ashen. How did people feel about Ashen?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Finished new frostpunk on easy and it was hard as all fuck. It seems like the Devs have just gone into MOAR CHALLENGE mode

Yeah, I restared twice quite early because I was not playing well enough, and at my third try I stopped after 40 days, because at this point I already know that there is no way for me to win.

I think I will wait and see if devs will decide that Last Autumn requires balancing or not.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I started to play Oxygen Not Included (bought it last year on sale), and I love the aesthetic, but as God is my witness I have not the faintest idea what I'm doing. Can anyone recommend me a tutorial playthrough thing, because I'm just not getting it?

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    mosssnack wrote: »
    I’ve had the most wins with the Silent. Nabbing corruption and dead branch on Ironclad though is maybe the most insane thing I’ve seen yet in this game. Getting a heart kill is close to effortless

On the other hand, Dead Branch on a Silent shiv build is... a thing.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    V1m wrote: »
    I started to play Oxygen Not Included (bought it last year on sale), and I love the aesthetic, but as God is my witness I have not the faintest idea what I'm doing. Can anyone recommend me a tutorial playthrough thing, because I'm just not getting it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6mh1Um7y3A

I had heard this dude was endorsed by Klei as being a good source of information. I havent watched it myself.

Also if you have specific questions you need help with we have Got a thread

Bedlam on
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Heh, typo in the first paragraph, "plauge"

What's plauge?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

What's plauge?

It's like a gauge, but for payload maps.

alt-post: It's a type of blood dish from Germany.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular

What's plauge?

its probably like a rouge.

you know, a theify type.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    so im playing through sleeping dogs again because yakuza 0 gave me the itch and it's still good and it's still satisfying to go back and make sure i'm still number 1 with the clean driving record

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Lalabox wrote: »
    so im playing through sleeping dogs again because yakuza 0 gave me the itch and it's still good and it's still satisfying to go back and make sure i'm still number 1 with the clean driving record

What is your clean driving record? I got up to like eighteen minutes once and then a friend from here jacked it up to half an hour and I felt thoroughly outclassed

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2020

What's plauge?

you know, a theify type.

*reaches rage apoplexy*

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

What is your clean driving record? I got up to like eighteen minutes once and then a friend from here jacked it up to half an hour and I felt thoroughly outclassed

IIRC there’s an area in the game that makes it easy to cheese that specific stat

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

What's plauge?

you know, a theify type.

Rouges are always overpowdered

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

IIRC there’s an area in the game that makes it easy to cheese that specific stat

It took up the whole map, if I remember. The freeway loop between the boroughs makes it pretty easy to just go for it.

I definitely got stoned and ground out a time I felt no one else would ever have the patience to go and beat

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Elaro wrote: »

What's plauge?

you know, a theify type.

*reaches rage apoplexy*

*hides behind a gun turrent*

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Played about 8 hours of Temtem this weekend, and it seems really cool. Clearly is aiming to be Pokemon On PC, but they do just enough to really differentiate itself, like how you always do double battles (with some exceptions, like how they have a joke where a group of four enemy team grunts only have one and they get even more assured that they'll beat you for realsies this time) and the stamina mechanic in place of PP necessitating choosing if you use stronger attacks that might hurt you in the long run by leaving you damaging yourself and being Overexerted the next turn. Plus they do not have any Accuracy checks nor critical hits to remove random chance, so you know how much damage you're sure to do if you are aware of the Temtems' stats.

I'm really curious to see how it plays out in the long term, as I could see Competitive Temtem being huge if they keep supporting the game over the next year leading up to the full launch.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular

What's plauge?

you know, a theify type.

Yeah we'll see about that, batgirl!

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Played about 8 hours of Temtem this weekend, and it seems really cool. Clearly is aiming to be Pokemon On PC, but they do just enough to really differentiate itself, like how you always do double battles (with some exceptions, like how they have a joke where a group of four enemy team grunts only have one and they get even more assured that they'll beat you for realsies this time) and the stamina mechanic in place of PP necessitating choosing if you use stronger attacks that might hurt you in the long run by leaving you damaging yourself and being Overexerted the next turn. Plus they do not have any Accuracy checks nor critical hits to remove random chance, so you know how much damage you're sure to do if you are aware of the Temtems' stats.

I'm really curious to see how it plays out in the long term, as I could see Competitive Temtem being huge if they keep supporting the game over the next year leading up to the full launch.

Cynically, the thing that outwardly impresses me the most with the game is that I haven't seen any "buy while in Early Access to get this exclusive Limited Edition Temtem!" banners on their store page yet. Though of course the future is not set in stone.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    my only issue is that I don't like the word temtem

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    my only issue is that I don't like the word temtem

I don’t know if that’s the final title, it might be temptemp

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Pretty sure it's not a temporary name, no. They'd have to rename a lot of things like the Tempedia and Temporium if so.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Pretty sure it's not a temporary name, no. They'd have to rename a lot of things like the Tempedia and Temporium if so.

those have temp right in the name!!!

• Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular

I've been enjoying it. It's barely a multiplayer experience atm with chat not working but the battles are fun enough and I'm kind of digging the slightly more grindy, slightly harder take on pokemon single player. Breeding looks like a complete slog even compared to pokemon, so I'm probably going to be done with it when I finish the single player content but so far it's a fun ride and it looks incredible in 4k.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I just keep assuming TemTem is by temmie from undertale.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    "temtem" sounds like one of the various nonsense sounds I make at my dogs while playing with them.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I just keep assuming TemTem is by temmie from undertale.

Now's a good time to remind everyone that temmie made her own game called Escaped Chasm last year (with music by Toby Fox). I haven't played it but it seems like it got good reviews.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    My favorite thing about Temtem is how they handle fighting your rival. In pokemon you choose your first pokemon and fight your rival, who is a pushover.

In Temtem dude literally one or two shots your guy and proceeds to be smug as shit about it. They do a good job of making me really wanna shove that dudes face in the dirt.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I think maybe, just maybe, 2019 was enough evidence that "live services" games are a trap, and we might be starting to head back towards games just being a product that you buy and own and can play the whole thing.

What a world.

I still grieve Orks Must Die.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Huh, I'm not surprised they did that, given that it basically just looked like TL3.

I want to get back to TL2 at some point, but it's just... so basically Diablo 2 with the serial numbers filed off.

• Options
    What's wrong with that!

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    well it came out twelve years after, for one thing, but also in a lot of important ways it's actually a step backwards from that game

the first torchlight is more like diablo 1.5, torchlight two is diablo 1.75

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i liked the changes diablo 3 introduced to the arpg formula and i'm not terribly interested in going back.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    It's real interesting how closely Torchlight tracks with Diablo. The first game was go down a bunch of dungeons and kill the big baddie, like D1. Second was more open with four acts, like D2. And Frontier was some kind of always-online thing kinda sorta like D3? Dunno. Even had a real brooding Matt Ullman soundtrack that sounds real weird when paired with the stylized, cartoony graphics.

Alls I know is that Diablo doesn't have a pet that goes to town and sells all my shit for me, so fuck that game.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the fact that I can have a useful dog is a pretty big mark in torchlight's favor, I'll give it that

This discussion has been closed.