As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Nice Weekend [Podcast]

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Oh dang, Her Story and Telling Lies are two of my favorite games

That extremely kicks ass

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I have high blood pressure so the 40 pizzas in 30 days challenge would likely kill me, even if I could stand to eat that much pizza. :)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Wait wasn't it 30 pizzas in 40 days? Did we get the numbers reversed at some point?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Sadly 40 large pizza's in 30 days would be nothing for me. I'm trying to eat less now but during my truck driving days I'd grab a large pie and an 8 piece of fried chicken for dinner a couple times a week. And that's after a big breakfast and a big lunch.

Weird how I gained 90lbs while driving.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I think 40 pizzas in 30 days is not too difficult of a challenge, but the papa john lie is notable because he would have done it entirely voluntarily, just because he wanted to, in private.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    30 pizzas in 40 days is trivial though

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Are bagel bite pizzas eligible for this challenge?

sig.gif
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Yeah 40 pizzas in 30 days is notable because it would have meant, what, at least ten days of doubling up at minimum?

More likely just eating one and a half pizzas a bunch of days, but still

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Are bagel bite pizzas eligible for this challenge?

I think you'd have to have some kind of conversion rate between large pizzas and bagel bites. Maybe like 1 box of bites = 1 pizza? I dunno, I'm not a scientist

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    What is the smallest unit of time a human could reasonably eat 40 pizzas? For the sake of the thought experiment, assume medium pizzas with no more than one topping.

• Options
    Yeah 40 pizzas in 30 days is notable because it would have meant, what, at least ten days of doubling up at minimum?

More likely just eating one and a half pizzas a bunch of days, but still

I feel like if it's a 2000 calorie or so pizza it's challenging but doable

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    What is the smallest unit of time a human could reasonably eat 40 pizzas? For the sake of the thought experiment, assume medium pizzas with no more than one topping.

am I allowed to shit myself or throw up during this

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »

am I allowed to shit myself or throw up during this

I'm pretty sure the second one doesn't count as "eating" and the first one is kind of a personal preference?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I could eat 40 pizzas in 30 days. Like maybe not large pizzas but I could do it.

Put that pizza on a bagel, and I could eat it any time.

• Options
    I feel like I could do 10k calories a day so theoretically I could do forty 2kc pizzas in 8 days but I'm going to need a rest day in there somewhere

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    is it possible to sweat grease? because if it is this definitely sounds like the scenario it'd crop up in

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    is it possible to sweat grease? because if it is this definitely sounds like the scenario it'd crop up in

only one way to find out!

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'm finally getting to the point where I'm pretty tired of pizza. I didn't think it would ever happen to me.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Does it have to be a regular-crust pizza or can it be a thin-crust pizza aka Italian Nachos

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Deep Dish Pizzas only. Good luck!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Does it have to be a regular-crust pizza or can it be a thin-crust pizza aka Italian Nachos

Oh shit if we're talking good pizza

I can do that in under a week

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    The thread where my dangerous obesity is beginning to feel like a super power has arrived.

40 'zas in 30 days is the kind of march to the grave I can get behind.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    damn now I'm craving a New York slice

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm watching last week's UPF and man I can't wait to buy Granblue Versus and not have any idea who or what anything is

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Eating 40 pizzas in 30 days results in you transfoming into the Dark Souls Noid

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i wish i could afford to eat 30 pizzas in 40 days

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

I think at my best (worst?) and with enough weed to keep my appetite strong I could manage 40 medium 1 toppings over a 3 day weekend.

What shape I'm in at the end of said weekend is up in the air.

• Options

I think at my best (worst?) and with enough weed to keep my appetite strong I could manage 40 medium 1 toppings over a 3 day weekend.

What shape I'm in at the end of said weekend is up in the air.

That's 13 pizzas a day.

I'm not sure you could do that without your stomach bursting.

• Options
    I think that would honestly maybe kill you

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    I think that would honestly maybe kill you

Quite possibly. And maybe I'm being way optimistic. But there have been times in the past when I've been sitting around getting high with the family and I'd finish my large Dominos pie and then an order of wings and then the half a pie my brother didn't want and then a bag of Doritos and then I'd hit the fridge for the leftover fried chicken and then...

What I'm saying is I'm not good at much, but I can eat a lot.

• Options
    Let's assume that you're getting 8 hours of sleep (probably more because mondo carbs + weed) and doing Friday, saturday and sunday, 8am to 12 midnight, giving you 16 hours a day or 48 hours total.

If the pizzas are cut into 8 slices then there'd be 320 slices of pizza total. You would need to consume pizza slices at a rate of 1 slice every 9 minutes for 16 hours a day, three days in a row.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

I mean Papa John clearly was and he didn’t even eat the damn things

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    2lb of food is the point where it starts becoming very difficult for most people

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

Other than the usual suspects (EA, Activision-Blizzard) Sony seems like the only major deviation here. Though I'm assuming publishers like Devolver and Anna Purna don't count as "major"

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I think it's super funny how they're going out to desperately reassure people that everything is totally cool and okay

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Between this and a new character named Chadley I'm beginning to wonder if this game is a shitpost

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular

Between this and a new character named Chadley I'm beginning to wonder if this game is a shitpost

That carbuncle looks like a nightmare

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular

This gave me terrible flashbacks to the FF9 Strategy Guide.

This discussion has been closed.