As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Once Upon A Time In...YaYa and Goose!’s Oscar Thread [YAYA WINS! PARASITE WINS!]

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Scorsese falling asleep during this is my everything

Yes. That was fucking great

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Why is this happening

Why not?

I'm loving the confused faces while the heads still bob

Edi: Is the audio cutting out for anyone else?

The audio cutting out is so ABC doesn’t get yelled at by “concerned parents” when Em drops F-bombs.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    RIP perfect game

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    It was a hell of a run. You even made it through the documentaries.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Category 12: Best Sound Editing

Winner: "Ford vs Ferrari" (Donald Sylvester)

Shout out to NOBODY picking that one, thus breaking YaYa's perfecto. I think that's the first time that's ever happened but I could be mistaken (the nobody picked the winner in any category)

Category 13: Best Sound Mixing

Winner: “1917” (Mark Taylor and Stuart Wilson)

Scores: YaYa in first 12/13, Fishman in 2nd 10/13

Goose! on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Randy Newman is going to be making Toy Story songs forever and ever and ever

• Options
    I’m still on track to break my record, which I think is 21/24

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Wow... I figured 1917 had both sound awards in the bag.

• Options
    I didn't have my phone when this first started so I reached to say now.

Janelle Monae fucking tore it up.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I just sort of automatically assume war movie is gonna get the sound awards

• Options

It's usually a pretty safe bet.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Shit, I nearly put in the 1917/Ford v Ferrari sound split, but then I remembered last year when the Academy couldn't even split those two awards for fucking Bohemian Rhapsody and put both on 1917.

Although I think I had 1917 for Edit and FvF for Mix, so I guess I'm ahead.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The Lighthouse got robbed

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

It's usually a pretty safe bet.

The car movie is usually a good second bet

• Options
    4 points down and I only have 2 categories with different answers than YaYa... Oh well!

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Deakins!!!!

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I'm glad FvF got the editing award. I don't think there was a single unnecessary scene in that movie.

• Options
    Category 14: Best Cinematography

Winner: Roger Deakins, “1917”

Category 15: Best Film Editing

Winner: Michael McCusker and Andrew Buckland, “Ford vs. Ferrari”

Scores: Yaya still 1st with 14, Fishman falls into a tie with Tenzytile with 11

• Options
    I'm coming for you, SECOND PLACE

• Options
    I need Tarantino to win director and Lion King to win special effects to come in second place.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Category 16: Best Visual Effects

Winner: “1917”

Scores: Yaya has 15, Fishman and Tenzy have 12.

Goose! on
  • Options
    I am in fucking tears, oh my god, they actually did it, the mad men

• Options
    At least the whole forum didn't whiff this one.

• Options
    Category 17: Best International Feature Film (aka the Gimme of the Night)

Winner: “Parasite”

Everyone got that one

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    "I'm ready to drink tonight"

An icon

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    My wife and I are catching up. Just pointed out that this song from Harriet needs to win and that Randy Newman ought to feel embarrassed having been on stage in the same category. That was amazing.

• Options
    I can see Elton being a man who needs no introduction, but at least give a second or 2 to transition from the speech to this song, holy crap

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    My wife and I are catching up. Just pointed out that this song from Harriet needs to win and that Randy Newman ought to feel embarrassed having been on stage in the same category. That was amazing.

Would like to point out I am the sole person out of the forum pool who chose the song from Harriet.

• Options
    7 awards left to hand out, 30 minutes left in the time allotment for the telecast.

We may be looking at a good half hour of overtime

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »

Everyone got that one

It's the consolation prize since they would never give a foreign language film best picture.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

Everyone got that one

It's the consolation prize since they would never give a foreign language film best picture.

The Oscars are a very local awards show, after all.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Did I miss makeup and hairstyle?

EDIT: I totally did, my bad!

Category #: Best Makeup & Hairstyle

Winner: “Bombshell” (Kazu Hiro, Anne Morgan and Vivian Baker)

Yaya 17/18
    Fish & Tenzy 14/18

Goose! on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    did the cats from cats win an oscar

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Look at those fucking jellicles

• Options
    did the cats from cats win an oscar

In a manner of speaking

• Options
    Taika Waititi doing a land acknowledgement and making sure Wes Studi wasn't a "now we can forget about you again" honorary Oscar - fuck, I love that guy

• Options
    Pretty cool of them to show Kelly Marie Tran's entire Rise of Skywalker performance during that clip.