As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Derek [Chat]er Sucks

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

I mean the EU is really into fines. Maybe Microsoft will set a record.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I watched* the first episode of The Expanse and I just couldn't get past having to follow around a fucking cop wearing a fucking fedora

Is there a supercut of Jared Harris scenes so I can excuse myself from the contact embarrassment of the rest of the show

*for my definition of watched, which is to say skipped through most of it

The cop pays off later in ways you'd probably appreciate.

(Also in a few minorly gross ways)

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I watched* the first episode of The Expanse and I just couldn't get past having to follow around a fucking cop wearing a fucking fedora

Is there a supercut of Jared Harris scenes so I can excuse myself from the contact embarrassment of the rest of the show

C’mon, man.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    The cop gets more tolerable when
    he links up with the rest of the party. Being around characters of equivalent narrative weight to him means people stop acting like he's dark and mysterious and treat him like the slimy weirdo he is.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

This is a bad opinion that is bad and you should feel bad.

Thomas Jane Space Cop is the best.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

How else is he supposed to keep the rain off his head edward

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    So I don't know why I'm still up because the wife and I are going to a livestock auction tomorrow morning, but today I left work an hour early to buy a 100 year old blacksmith shop (I got the pan forge, a hand crank blower, and hand crank drill press, and I'm picking up the leg vise and a foot powered treadle lathe along with about 500 lbs of coal next week.

I also got a bunch of accessories (yankee screwdrivers, hammers, etc) and I'm possibly getting a power hammer if I decide to not go the "only manual powered tools" route.

So I am kind of actually becoming a homesteader now I guess...

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    @amateurhour so when do i get to see you on Forged in Fire

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I also picked up a few parts for a new blackpowder pistol, finished doing the base work on a new bowie knife, and bought a bunch of wrought iron bars so I can make some knives to kill ghosts.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    So I don't know why I'm still up because the wife and I are going to a livestock auction tomorrow morning, but today I left work an hour early to buy a 100 year old blacksmith shop (I got the pan forge, a hand crank blower, and hand crank drill press, and I'm picking up the leg vise and a foot powered treadle lathe along with about 500 lbs of coal next week.

I also got a bunch of accessories (yankee screwdrivers, hammers, etc) and I'm possibly getting a power hammer if I decide to not go the "only manual powered tools" route.

man you need a youtube channel

• Options
    amateurhour so when do i get to see you on Forged in Fire

I was like THIS CLOSE to auditioning for Alone Season 2 but the wife said I had to either come home with the half million or stay in Canada.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

I'm thinking of documenting the build process with turning the 20 acres into a working farm, from like putting up the house to drilling the well to setting up the woodshop and forge and then just doing a weekly video where I like feed chickens and check on bees and shit.

I dunno there's a lot of people doing that now though it seems like.

• Options
    dis me

1s0ta3jysbzh.jpg

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

I'm thinking of documenting the build process with turning the 20 acres into a working farm, from like putting up the house to drilling the well to setting up the woodshop and forge and then just doing a weekly video where I like feed chickens and check on bees and shit.

I would read and watch this.

And it's much cooler that someone here is doing it.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

I'd watch it.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options

Twitch IRL

• Options
    broar I love that your sig is from the pilot of King of the Hill.

• Options
    a5s5a3mxjtc41.jpg

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    shryke on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    FINE I'll watch some more episodes but it better result in slimy cop getting literally crucified by belter revolutionaries

It's also that time of night where I'm reading creepypasta SCPs and freaking myself out

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Work cafeteria will make a double cheeseburger with a heaping mound of fries or tots for $7.50

My bowl of chili tonight? $9.79 (mostly beans too)

Bastards!

• Options
    i don't get it

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Amazingly, "Topato Soup" both does not sound alien and is confusingly close to both tomato and potato soup, making it a doubly bad recipe name

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Alright I would die for Shohreh Aghdashloo's voice

But I would live for Jared Harris's

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    I think some out of place-ness in names can be expected in Star Wars

after all let's not forget jizz music

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Eddy this is easily one of my favorite shows how dare you

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Alright I would die for Shohreh Aghdashloo's voice

But I would live for Jared Harris's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfqukHJHCiw

<3

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

No, Spool is right, you definitely need a Youtube channel.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    AmateurHour, you also look like you'd fit in perfectly with the gang of This Old Tony, Abom79, and other machinists.

So yeah. I'd totally support this endeavor, even if filming means you slow down your work by half.

Apparently yesterday Welker Farms did a whole thing on how they do their filming and shot composition. I should probably watch that, even if the answer is "We have a REALLY expensive drone."

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Also, hey everyone. I'm up at 2:30 because I fell asleep at 8:30 like an idiot, then had dreams that basically involved me losing all my loved ones but they were still around as ghosts and we were protecting the city with various spirits and powers but the bad guys were adapting and such. And that's only the second half of the dream, the first half I didn't read signs that someone was bad and he stole a small Halo Warthog toy from me and it became this THING that involved me getting shot... and in later parts of the dream that referenced that, the cause of the beginning of the fight was lost. I also blamed myself because it was a party but I didn't get up and mingle and such until the end when said dude did it.

This is a long way of saying... dreams are weird. And now it's 2:30 and I'm doubting myself for some reason?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Tav wrote: »
    zcjqeslo38f2.png

we don't deserve scotland

japan

You can track them online!

http://scotgov.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=2de764a9303848ffb9a4cac0bd0b1aab

Their most requested feature was the ability to search for gritters by name

japan on
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    FINE I'll watch some more episodes but it better result in slimy cop getting literally crucified by belter revolutionaries

It's also that time of night where I'm reading creepypasta SCPs and freaking myself out

Compared to the rest of the slime you can typically find on the belter stations slimy cop is an upstanding character with high morale values and a good sense of right and wrong.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    thomas jane is the best actor in the expanse by far and was able to make a completely cliche character the most compelling

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    thomas jane is the best actor in the expanse by far and was able to make a completely cliche character the most compelling
    His last 15 minutes or so on Eros are desperately tragic.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    @Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud have you tried petroleum jelly on your sebdem (on top of whatever dermo cream du jour)

I've been doing it for a week and I'm not sure if it's improving or if I just feel like it's improving
    @Eddy no I have not tried that. I will check it out. Thank you!!

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Youtube Reddit Video: "What's the worst thing that's happened on your birthday?"

If they'd waited a week I'd have a great answer.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I didn’t like Thomas Jane in the expanse, though mostly because he characterized a guy I’d want nothing to do with very convincingly.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Drummer is best.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.