As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Derek [Chat]er Sucks

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Throw them in your bathtub and jump up and down on them barefoot

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    TikTok Teens Are Dipping Their Balls in Soy Sauce and Lighting Their Houses on Fire

The world has become Town Talk from UHF.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    They're wrecked. Get some pliers and carefully remove the bases (beware of shards of sharp whatever). Wrap the glass in a tough plastic bag and toss them out.

You could resolder them, but they're incandescents, just take the opportunity to put energy saving bulbs in.

obvious but make sure no current is running to the light before you do this

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    also clean your keyboard 21st

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

Oh god

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Throw them in your bathtub and jump up and down on them barefoot

https://youtu.be/y25stK5ymlA

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    And destroy the home of hundreds of innocent bacteria?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    imagine being paired with hugh laurie when all you want is to smash john malkovich

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    hello chat I had very good pizza at a place called Pi last night and then drank many a beer and then I got to sleep in woohah. But now I am back in the office. Less woohah.

But it's OK since my silly ass is going line dancing down in Virginia tonight which will be all sorts of unfortunate for everyone who has to witness it I'm sure!

Happy saturday and all that.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    EO0Hfd-X4AA5w8_.jpg:large

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    They're wrecked. Get some pliers and carefully remove the bases (beware of shards of sharp whatever). Wrap the glass in a tough plastic bag and toss them out.

You could resolder them, but they're incandescents, just take the opportunity to put energy saving bulbs in.

obvious but make sure no current is running to the light before you do this

If things are wired correctly, doing that just means turning off the wall switch. If the condo is wired incorrectly then you have to switch off the breaker.

If you don't have a meter I suggest the breaker.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

i don't know how. :(

• Options
    Open-face bookwich made me laugh

• Options
    hello chat I had very good pizza at a place called Pi last night and then drank many a beer and then I got to sleep in woohah. But now I am back in the office. Less woohah.

But it's OK since my silly ass is going line dancing down in Virginia tonight which will be all sorts of unfortunate for everyone who has to witness it I'm sure!

Happy saturday and all that.

about twenty years ago i was at a bar in rappahannock just minding my own when suddenly the cha cha slide came on and literally everyone but me ran out to the dance floor and started doing the same dance

nobody said a word

i had never seen this before and i was sure i was going to be sacrificed to some dark ritual

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    EO0Hfd-X4AA5w8_.jpg:large

im true neutral to neutral evil.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

i mean a tissue and water will work...

sig.gif
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    in other news the laser pointers I ordered are so fucking strong they seriously hurt to look at (slight hangover modifier not withstanding).

but my boss is very pleased with them so yay I guess. some poor sucker is probably going to end up with fried retinas given the way some of my clients swing these things around I swear to god.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Chaotic neutral, now that I have inherited a bookcase worth of penguin editions and other books in the same format

• Options
    in other news the laser pointers I ordered are so fucking strong they seriously hurt to look at (slight hangover modifier not withstanding).

but my boss is very pleased with them so yay I guess. some poor sucker is probably going to end up with fried retinas given the way some of my clients swing these things around I swear to god.

I think you're using them wrong

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

The old advice to put it in the dishwasher works if you wanna disassble the whole thing and take the pcbs and screws out. Otherwise it's a roll of the dice if the dishwasher wrecks it. Far safer is the following:

If that's a very regular membrane keyboard with press-on caps, and it looks like one, find something thin and rigid and pry up the keys one by one. They'll pop off pretty easily and reinstall by just pressing down.

Take 'em all off and bring them to the sink and let them soak in water with dish soap, then kinda gently scrub each like you're doing dishes, drain, rinse with fresh water to get rid of soap, leave to dry. Don't scrub too hard or with anything too abrasive because you can easily take the key labels right off.

For the rest of the keyboard, tip it upside down over the trash and shake, wipe it with a damp cloth, maybe find some cotton swabs to get in the crevices.

Reassemble when everything is dry.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    That keyboard looks like it was dug out of a garden about a half hour ago.

• Options
    Six wrote: »

nah like the projected dot is just so damn bright. haven't managed to light anything on fire with them yet though.

not that I've tried. of course not. that would be dangerous and irresponsible.

• Options

nah like the projected dot is just so damn bright. haven't managed to light anything on fire with them yet though.

not that I've tried. of course not. that would be dangerous and irresponsible.

(and would require easily found lensing such as a pair of reading glasses what who said that not me I am all about laser safety)

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    You can also just spray the keyboard with Windex and then wipe it out with paper towels. Then use canned air to get rid of the dust beneath the keys.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    rntgKvF.jpg

Everyone in the west: hate California
    Everyone in New England: hate New Jersey
    New Jersey: hate everyone
    Florida: hate Florida

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Today we leave on our honeymoon!

Going to Puerto Rico to bum around for a week.
    Sit on beach, walk around San Juan, see some bioluminescent algae. All that good stuff.

And my wife doesn't know it, but I bought first-class tickets! If you're ever gonna blow the money on those the honeymoon is the time.

@Aioua we went to San Juan for our Honeymoon. It was awesome.

Where are you staying? Other than the bioluminescent bay what are you doing? You good at kayaking? If you and the wife can practice beforehand I'd recommend it. It is double kayak and nothing tests your marriage like blowing out to sea. A storm was out at sea and you have to cross an open bay to get to the mangrove river. It was blowing so hard at the bay we realized if we didn't really pick it up we were going to have a meeting with the coast guard. 😂

Both the Old San Juan forts are extremely cool and cheap. Part of the national park service.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    You can also just spray the keyboard with Windex and then wipe it out with paper towels. Then use canned air to get rid of the dust beneath the keys.

This has a fair chance of ruining the keyboard by creating a sticky dirt slurry under the key caps that flows somewhere important

• Options
    rntgKvF.jpg

Why does South Carolina hate Ohio?

• Options

This has a fair chance of ruining the keyboard by creating a sticky dirt slurry under the key caps that flows somewhere important
    Eh

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    That keyboard looks like it was dug out of a garden about a half hour ago.

How else do you keeps yours fresh?

• Options
    rntgKvF.jpg

that may be nebraska but either way i imagine small sample size

• Options
    i clean my keyboard by just never letting it get dirty in the first place

• Options
    rntgKvF.jpg

I think the Nebraska one is Iowa, which makes sense.

All of these make sense except the S. Carolina one. But they’re an odd bunch.

• Options
    rntgKvF.jpg

are any SC schools in the Big Ten now? everyone hates Ohio State

• Options
    Take the keyboard with you when you shower.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    [/img]https://i.imgur.com/rntgKvF.jpg[/img]

Also, everyone in NE hates Mass. It’s NY/CT/PA that hates NJ. Which is true.

Six on
  • Options
    rntgKvF.jpg

are any SC schools in the Big Ten now? everyone hates Ohio State

I don’t think there are any in the Big 10 but the Ohio State hate from college fans in general makes sense.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Mass doesn't hate New York, that's just a dumb sports rivalry. Pls redo map with no sports fans in cohort.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    Also Alaska hates Texas for some reason.

nibXTE7.png
This discussion has been closed.