As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars] so you didn't send the fish Jedi immediately because...?

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Huh. My bad. Sorry.

If there's one thing in life you should never apologize for, its forgetting the exact name for a very obscure character from the far reaches of a fictional franchise.

The only mandatory name memorization is Willrow Hood.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Huh. My bad. Sorry.

If there's one thing in life you should never apologize for, its forgetting the exact name for a very obscure character from the far reaches of a fictional franchise.

Elan Sleazebaggano

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Huh. My bad. Sorry.

Elan Sleazebaggano

Kit Fisto

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Huh. My bad. Sorry.

Elan Sleazebaggano

Kit Fisto

Rock Punchgroin

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Huh. My bad. Sorry.

Elan Sleazebaggano

Kit Fisto

Rock Punchgroin

Blast Hardcheese

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Huh. My bad. Sorry.

Elan Sleazebaggano

Kit Fisto

Rock Punchgroin

Blast Hardcheese

Two of these names are from Mystery Science Theatre 3000* and two of them are from Star Wars. Guess which are which!

*One name is a transpostion of the name actually given.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Huh. My bad. Sorry.

Elan Sleazebaggano

Kit Fisto

Rock Punchgroin

For a moment there I thought you were talking about Therm Scissorpunch.

• Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Probably my favorite single use character in Star Wars is this fella, sort of obscure character Porkins to the "rescue":

j42vja66h22m.png

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Hell, TLJ was really the only movie that had a smooth production. TFA shut down filming for a few weeks when Ford broke his leg/foot on-set. And I’m pretty sure they used that time to re-work and polish the script. That might be when they dropped the subplot of Maz giving the lightsaber to Leia.

My two favorite Disney-era SW films both acknowledge the prequels rather than hide from them: Rogue One and TLJ.
    Joolander wrote: »

Nothing like a good wilhelm scream.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    Probably my favorite single use character in Star Wars is this fella, sort of obscure character Porkins to the "rescue":

j42vja66h22m.png

Facebook keeps showing me an ad for that exact picture on a tshirt, and while I need more tshirts generally and nerdy ones specifically like I need a hole in my head, I've been very tempted by it.

• Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    monkeykins wrote: »

j42vja66h22m.png

Facebook keeps showing me an ad for that exact picture on a tshirt, and while I need more tshirts generally and nerdy ones specifically like I need a hole in my head, I've been very tempted by it.

ol08ub1c9xe6.png

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    monkeykins wrote: »

j42vja66h22m.png

Porkins always felt mean spirited to me.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Disney really needs to listen to Kylo Ren.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Disney really needs to listen to Kylo Ren.

They need to cut Bob Chapek in half at the waste?

sig.gif
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I have to wonder if this means a Rebels follow-up is dead.

Guess what I'm really wondering is whether it's what Filoni wanted to work on next or the only thing Disney would approve.

Kamar on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    I have to wonder if this means a Rebels follow-up is dead.

Guess what I'm really wondering is whether it's what Filoni wanted to work on next or the only thing Disney would approve.

I'm assuming after the smash success of Mando, he's probably got more freedom than less

• Options
    sullijosullijo mid-level minion subterranean bunkerRegistered User regular
    When I was driving once I saw this painted on a bridge:
    "I don't want the world, I just want your half"
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

That image is like an optical illusion. Every time I look at it, I read new words.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    The A-Team, but with clones has potential especially when they come into conflict with former comrades.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    I haven't even seen Season 7 yet (I'm finally there though! Finished season 6 of my rewatch on the weekend!) and I am already unreasonably hyped for this. I don't even know who the Bad Batch are yet. Just what the promo's have shown me.

I've loved the Clone Commados and their ARC trooper cousins ever since the Delta Squad/Republic Commando video game days (and the follow up Traviss books too, to be honest. F you, haters. :biggrin: Mando Warrior Culture plus Clone Troopers looking for identity minus the Boba Wankfest = AWESOME.) and the badass ARC Troopers from comics and those two episodes of the Tartakovsky cartoon.

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Also seeing the post order 66/empire rise period will be great. Lots of room and gaps to fill out.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    So when Disney runs out of gaps between existing movies/shows, are they going to switch to the gaps between episodes of shows? Then the gaps between scenes?

In the future, will all Star Wars media consist of Filoni’s characters leaving/entering the room just before/after a familiar scene?

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Bleh. The Bad Batch was corny, I don't want more.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Kind of glad to see I wasn't alone in having a very "Eh? Okay, I guess?" reaction to this one.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I’m just glad to read discussion on this new old Star Wars topic.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Huh. My bad. Sorry.

Elan Sleazebaggano

Kit Fisto

Rock Punchgroin

Blast Hardcheese

Two of these names are from Mystery Science Theatre 3000* and two of them are from Star Wars. Guess which are which!

*One name is a transpostion of the name actually given.

Biggs McLarge-Huge

What do I win?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Alright. I've seen the first episode of Season 7 now.

The Bad Batch are not the clone commandos I was expecting. They're cool, I guess.... but they're very corny at the same time.

• Options
    Steelhawk wrote: »

The Bad Batch are not the clone commandos I was expecting. They're cool, I guess.... but they're very corny at the same time.

They are very...tropey? I guess I’d say. “Oh, the physically imposing one is the brute, the scrawny one is the techie,” etc.

Yes, Clone Wars is a kids show, but it still seems...unimaginative.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I about to watch episode 2 last night with my son, but his mother got upset with me. Something to do with bedtime being half an hour ago? My defense of "What? He's in his PJ's!" didn't fly. So maybe this question gets answered... but what was Cody doing there without Obi-Wan? They couldn't bother to give Mace his own Clone Captain? Anakin has Rex, Obi has Cody, Plo-Koon has Wolf (iirc?)... Mace just up and takes Obi-Wan's entire detachment?

Edit: Saw episode 2 yesterday. So Obi-Wan is there. I see now.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I haven't even seen Season 7 yet (I'm finally there though! Finished season 6 of my rewatch on the weekend!) and I am already unreasonably hyped for this. I don't even know who the Bad Batch are yet. Just what the promo's have shown me.

I've loved the Clone Commados and their ARC trooper cousins ever since the Delta Squad/Republic Commando video game days (and the follow up Traviss books too, to be honest. F you, haters. :biggrin: Mando Warrior Culture plus Clone Troopers looking for identity minus the Boba Wankfest = AWESOME.) and the badass ARC Troopers from comics and those two episodes of the Tartakovsky cartoon.

Uuhh, well, how to say this. The bad batch are a bit different to the arc troopers.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »

Uuhh, well, how to say this. The bad batch are a bit different to the arc troopers.

Yeah. I got that, thanks.

• Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    Empire Strikes Back is showing the local cinema so me and a friend got some tickets :biggrin:

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Lind wrote: »
    Empire Strikes Back is showing the local cinema so me and a friend got some tickets :biggrin:

I'd risk the corona for that.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Man, I am out of date on the Star Wars.
    (Goes back to playing the Lucas arts games.)

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    You aren't missing much.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I probably should see that baby Yoda show.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020

Krathoon wrote: »
    I probably should see that baby Yoda show.

Oh yes, The Mandalorian is pretty good.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    I'm about halfway through Mandalorian right now, I'm kind of surprised at how much it's just a western in space - partly the plots but also just the pacing and style.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.