As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Cooking] thread 2: 2019's 2020's revenge

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    found about 12 lbs of maitake today =)

I'll have the same amount again on Sunday!

76mfdfvnrwt7.jpg

My dad says he pulled around 15 lbs of Hen of the Woods the other day. Very excited for this years harvest!

• Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    Patty melts for lunch:

w5GmSic.jpg

aaaand I'm knocked out for the rest of the day

xet8c.gif

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    47psaolr96s0.jpg

It's aged eggnog time, bitches

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    47psaolr96s0.jpg

It's aged eggnog time, bitches

oh my gosh where did you get them and is there more

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    We made it! This recipe: https://www.food.com/recipe/aged-eggnog-recipe-alton-brown-537589

The bottles we have from buying nice eggnog or milk in the past and hoarding them. Now it goes into the fridge until Christmastimes.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    But I want it now.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I made lasagna and I can’t eat any until tomorrow WHY DID I MAKE LASAGNA I CAN’T EAT

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    I made lasagna and I can’t eat any until tomorrow WHY DID I MAKE LASAGNA I CAN’T EAT

Hubris.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Brisket! 13 hours, but it had a super long stall. I'd say it's about 90/100. Great smoke ring, good texture and it cuts like butter, but not quite enough spent up around 200f to really render that fat down and built a perfect bark.

ywd5m1v5vokq.jpg

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I really wanna smoke the absolute shit out of a Strip roast, then let it rest a bit, slice 'em down for steaks, and just sear 'em to perfection.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Just need the door handle, soffit, and vent now!

1wai6jzaakm7.jpg

• Options
    RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    I am thinking of grabbing a pork butt on sale and making a slow cooker pork mole Sunday. hmmm....

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    inspiration struck, a trip to the grocery store followed, and 4 hours later...

chicken & sausage gumbo!
    p6sw9gsb3414.jpeg

My god the flavour on this is intense, I was glad to have a cider for the occasional palate cleanse

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I got a coconut chicken curry going right now and it already tastes delicious and I was even missing an ingredient or two.

Wanna pour that shit onto some rice right tf now

• Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    Made a classic Indian Butter Chicken for dinner tonight:

oOAvNcr.jpg

Not only did it end up great, I discovered a new spice store in the process in my neighborhood

xet8c.gif

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Made slow cooker carnitas last night and it turned out amazing

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    inspiration struck, a trip to the grocery store followed, and 4 hours later...

chicken & sausage gumbo!

Well-styled too.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    God, I would kill for some gumbo right now

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I made cheesecake.

3HDHPyGh.jpg

N22dGlIh.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    waaaaaaannnnnt

• Options
    yeeeeessssss

this was a test run, but soon the smoked goods shall flow!

qfa98p60xhn0.jpg

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Cool cheef hut, bro.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    That is so much nicer than my smoker

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I made cheesecake.

3HDHPyGh.jpg

N22dGlIh.jpg

Gimme

• Options
    Those día de los muertos skulls are cool as fuck.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I bought a couple novelty/licensed cookbooks and have been having fun kind of poking around at them. I bought the Star Wars Galaxy's Edge cookbook, and if nothing else, it's turned my grocery shopping into a weird scavenger hunt, because I have no idea where some of the ingredients it's asking me to use are. Also I just moved, so I'm also trying to figure out which local grocery store is actually good. It's a fun process. I tried to make a flavored sugar recipe and nearly destroyed a pan!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    pimento wrote: »

That's what Ecco and I did for a few of our dates while we were long distance. Only on laptops and not tablets because this was like eleven years ago and we weren't rich people.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Okonomiyaki! I know you're technically supposed to cook the bacon into the pancake, and I have done it that way but I have come to the conclusion that trying to get a very fatty meat to stick to something is way more trouble than it's worth, so instead I just cook the vegetable pancake and then lay the bacon on top before putting the sauce on. Much easier, and I get a full crispy surface on the pancake this way

IPie3F2h.png

• Options
    that looks great and I like your fork

• Options
    I have that flatware set! I got it as a present though so I don't know where it comes from.

• Options
    Today during my lunch break, I went to the local butcher and got 8lbs of pork belly, 2lbs of back fat, 15lbs of pork butt, 5lbs of pork loin, and enough sausage casings for 40lbs of sausage.

It's going to be a good fall / winter

• Options
    Xaquin, earlier today.

"Hey, Mr. Butcher, I got this here pig from a hog auction and was hoping you would prime it up for me. Also, if you could turn its intestines into casings for me, that'd be aces. Appreciate you, Bruno. I'll swing back in an hour, gotta go pick up my cape from the dry cleaner."

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I have some pork belly slices in the freezer, need to figure out WTF to do with them.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I have some pork belly slices in the freezer, need to figure out WTF to do with them.

Twice-cooked pork belly?
    Slow cook it for pulled pork (so many variants. Bossam, Hickory pulled pork etc)?
    Lemon, fennel and thyme slowcooked pork?
    Spaghetti carbonara?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Having just made carbonara in the last week or so, let me fully endorse that pick.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Xaquin, earlier today.

"Hey, Mr. Butcher, I got this here pig from a hog auction and was hoping you would prime it up for me. Also, if you could turn its intestines into casings for me, that'd be aces. Appreciate you, Bruno. I'll swing back in an hour, gotta go pick up my cape from the dry cleaner."

The guy working the counter was incredible

he had a pot leaf tattooed on his arm and he inquired as to my intentions

Him: "YOU GONNA SMOKE ALL THIS?"
    Me: "I am"
    Him (as an aside to a man named Danny): "HEY DANNY! THIS FELLA'S GOT A SMOKE HOUSE TOO"
    Him (back to me): "DANNY HAS A SMOKE HOUSE BUT HE DON'T USE IT FOR NOTHING.
    -pause-
    Him: "I TOLD HIM IF HE AIN'T GONNA USE IT TO SMOKE MEAT HE OUGHT TO GET HIS SELF BAKED"
    Him: "BUT HIS WIFE WOULD LEAVE HIM"
    Him (back to Danny): YOU'D BE PAYIN' CHILD SUPPORT ON FIVE KIDS WOULDN'T YA?"
    Danny: *resigned shrug*

I assured them I will be back more often to both buy pork and check on Danny

edit: I used capslock for him because he was absolutely talking in capslock

Xaquin on
  • Options
    My gods man you must keep us appraised of the Danny situation at all costs.

• Options
    That story fucking rules.

This discussion has been closed.