[D&D-5E] Eberron: Shadows of the Last War

11920222425

Posts

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber will also approach Zed, seeing Gator attempting to rouse him, and attempt a medicine check as well to see if he can be brought back to consciousness.

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for medicine checking

    medicine checking:
    1d20+5 6 [1d20=1]

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    jdarksun
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 7
    OoC: I think he's gone, Gator.

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    jdarksunCello
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus What a wonderful harvest.Registered User regular
    "Lemme have a look at him" John says. He kneels down and gives Zed a couple of light smacks about the face.

    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Medicine

    Medicine:
    1d20+2 3 [1d20=1]

    jdarksunCello
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Having just experienced the magic of healing herself, Pierce says "I too can help! I believe I have the mastery of this, now."

    Geth, roll 1d20-1 for Medicine

    Medicine:
    1d20-1 7 [1d20=8]

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus What a wonderful harvest.Registered User regular
    OoC: This is incredible.

    Cellosee317
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Zed remains unconscious.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Cello
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    "Hmmmm! Well! I've seen this before. I believe it is called....a coma? Yes. Well.

    Who wants to carry him?"

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 7
    OoC: Geth has spoken Cello. He stays here.

    Faber returns to the forge to retrieve the bag containing his gear and the schema from where he stashed it before the fight and returns to the party.
    "I won't be able to climb out of here with him on my back, but I should be able to carry him that far. We may have to tie the rope around him and pull him up once we get there."

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    Cello
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited September 7
    Sneaks wrote: »
    “Somebody rouse Zed. If he needs a healing potion to be able to travel, someone with longer legs than me can go get the one we left in the forge.”

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Medicine

    Owenn stood, taping his foot as the others tried to revive the dragonborn. He considered pushing them aside… but quickly remembered that he had no idea how to do this, either.

    “…Or I can go get the healing potion, I guess.”

    OOC: Owenn climbs back onto—then into—the forge, gets the potion of greater healing that was left behind, returns, and administers it.

    Medicine:
    1d20+2 5 [1d20=3]

    Sneaks on
    CelloCentipede Damascusjdarksun
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited September 7
    I have to commend you all for collectively failing at performing any medical aid to a teammate.

    A vivid party is truly defined by their strengths and their failures.

    @sneaks, you get to roll the die (4d4+4) as you're administering the potion.

    Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Cellosee317AustinP0027
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    Geth roll 4d4+4 for A Little Liquid Doctor

    A Little Liquid Doctor:
    4d4+4 16 [4d4=4, 3, 4, 1]

    CelloZonugal
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Zed is now conscious but silent.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Zed mumbles a thank you and collects himself

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    "Okay. Time to leave."

  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy

    Upon retreating to the entrance of these ruins, you are reacquainted with the vertical tunnel that brought you down into it.

    Climbing back up it will be a Strength (Athletics) check (with advantage of you are using a climbing kit).

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber steps forward and pears upwards into the darkness.
    "One at a time, pass the climbing kit back down when you get to the top...
    Was it that far on the way down?"
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for climbing
    Geth roll 1d20+2 for climbing with the kit

    climbing:
    1d20+2 17 [1d20=15]
    climbing with the kit:
    1d20+2 4 [1d20=2]

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 8
    Faber takes a moment to look around the room he finds himself back in, just in case something unpleasant has shown up.
    Assuming the room is empty, he'll cast light on some small component of the climbing kit to make it easier to see as he bundles the kit together and drops it down the void for the next in line.
    He'll be putting his strength to the test to help haul the rope and climbers back up to mouth of the drop.

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for perception

    OoC: That is assuming 17 makes it. Hopefully pulling the rope up for the climbers will lower the challenge rating they have to make, since that's less they have to climb. Perfectly logical.

    perception:
    1d20+3 9 [1d20=6]

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    “I’ll, uh… I’ll go next,” Owenn said sheepishly. “I like the idea of having the greatest possible number of people here to catch me. Again.” He took hold of the rope, then took a deep breath. “Pull it slow and steady, Faber!” He started his ascent.

    Geth roll 1d20-1 for Climbing
    Geth roll 1d20-1 for Faber’s Kit

    Climbing:
    1d20-1 14 [1d20=15]
    Fabers Kit:
    1d20-1 14 [1d20=15]

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    OoC: That is assuming 17 makes it. Hopefully pulling the rope up for the climbers will lower the challenge rating they have to make, since that's less they have to climb. Perfectly logical.

    The 17 does succeed.

    As to your second question, you can't quite double stack advantage in 5E, but we'll do this.

    If a character Faber is assisting in climbing rolls poorly, Faber can roll a Strength check to stop them from plummetting to their doom.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    see317Sneaks
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Also, Faber doesn't notice anything alarming or unusual in his current environment.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    OOC: Who has the schema? Probably don't want it on the last person coming up.

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    OOC: Who has the schema? Probably don't want it on the last person coming up.

    OOC: Faber's got it in his bag. In retrospect, it probably wasn't a brilliant idea to send it up first, but someone had to go.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Pierce will wait to climb until everyone else does, and then presuming no one has issues, will do so with panache.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Athletics

    Athletics:
    1d20+3 5 [1d20=2]

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    Gator has no preference on when they climb.

    OOC:
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Athletics

    Athletics:
    1d20+2 11 [1d20=9]

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 to prevent Pierce from plummeting with panache.

    OoC:So, what's the target DC for climbing up? Do I need to try and catch Gator as well?

    to prevent Pierce from plummeting with panache.:
    1d20+2 22 [1d20=20]

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    SneaksCello
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Ya got it.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Cello
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Gator struggles here and there, but manages to climb back up with no significant issue.

    Zed also manages to climb up without plummeting to his doom.

    In the time-line of actions, Pierce just waits on John Merchant to climb up before she will climb, fall, & be rescued all with *panache*.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Cello
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus What a wonderful harvest.Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Athletics

    Athletics:
    1d20+3 10 [1d20=7]

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    John struggles while climbing up and at one point almost falls but manages to catch himself via a crude edge within the tunnel.

    The Half-Orc Monk reaches the top in one, healthy shape.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    The entire party manages to make it to the top of the tunnel without a single person falling to their death.

    A Herculean effort, this Dungeon Master notes, considering the party's previous experiences with climbing.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Centipede DamascusjdarksunCellosee317
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    "OK, back to the surface? I'm sure the hard part's over..." Gator spared a backward glance at the pit, then drew their bow and loped forward.

    OOC: Gator leads the party back to the surface wide of eye on silent feet.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Perception
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Stealth

    Perception:
    1d20+5 20 [1d20=15]
    Stealth:
    1d20+5 20 [1d20=15]

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber throws a hand up, cautioning Gator.
    "Don't forget about the water spouts. I'm thinking they're still active..."

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited September 10
    Gator is successful in leading the party back to the surface world, even managing to evade the water spouts.

    You had left at about 1 p.m., it is now around 7 p.m.

    Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    OOC: Almost dying twice in six hours seems pretty taxing. What's our next move? Meet up with the House scion?

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    OOC: Almost dying twice in six hours seems pretty taxing. What's our next move? Meet up with the House scion?

    Faber looks as exhausted as a warforged can. His metal form slumps and he's barely able to keep his head up. It's been a rough day.
    "She said she'd be at the Anvil at 8pm for the next three days before assuming we're dead. But, I'm out of magic, and we're all wounded to some extent. If we hurry, we can probably make the meeting tonight.
    Personally though, I could use a rest to recharge and I'd like to take a closer look at this thing on my workbench before we turn it over.

    But, given the trouble that's followed us and the schema so far, it's 50/50 odds if it's better to recover before the meeting for when it inevitably goes south, or to get done with this thing as soon as possible and try to get back to our regular, non-dungeon murdery lives with a minimum amount of acid spewing rats.

    Owenn, you were the one that sent the letter to check on our contact's credentials, how long do you think we should wait for a response?"

    OOC:Faber is out of spell slots and we're all beat up to some extent. I think a long rest is in order, then we meet up with Elaydren Tomorrow at 8pm. Faber would also like to spend some of the time between now and then studying the schema. Heh, had to go back 16 pages and two months to get that information.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited September 10
    “If we’re very lucky, there’ll be a response waiting for us when we get back to the office,” Owenn sighed. “But I think it’s pretty clear that we’re not. That being the case, I’d be more comfortable with a chance to rest up and a chance for you…” The halfling nodded to Faber. “…to look this thing over and learn all you can. So yes, I agree: let’s give it a day.”

    The group walked on for a moment before Owenn spoke again. “I know we were each looking forward to getting into our own beds tonight, but we do need to guard this thing as long as we’re holding onto it… A sleepover in the office may be in order.”

    Sneaks on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Faber considers for a moment. "That definitely sounds like the ideal defensive option. I can examine the schema more in depth tomorrow at my own workshop before we turn it over."

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
Sign In or Register to comment.