Options

[Monster Hunter] Game is out and it's real good!!!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    My first cart as always came to Rathian, that bitch always knicks me at least once. I see diablos is now unlocked on my multi hunts which means I'll end up failing that for a group at least once (I've failed other multi hunts, but not because I carted, but blos will get me I know this).

I do kind of laugh that this one turns other monster bros coming into an area as a good thing. "Oh hey free mon parts and damage"

And I did see turf wars are still in! Rathalos and Naracuga do not like each other... at all!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah, the difference is turf wars are even better for you in this one due to setting up mounts. Punishers are so good.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    So.... I'm finally clicking with long sword.

The sakura slash switch skill that replaces helm splitter is.... maybe too good?

At the very least it lets me, someone who is terrible at Long Sword, to get to red charge super easily.

Also...I made an armor set out of Barioth and one piece of hunter armor for Quick Sheath 3...and this is an entirely different game now.

I feel like I have a real solid handle on Dual Blades, Longsword, and Light Bowgun in this game, in addition to my main weapons of Insect Glaive and Bow.

I love silkbind, it's the best system they've ever introduced. Hunting styles who? Hunting arts what? Clutch claw when?

Who cares, my new best friend are silkbugs

The trade off without helm splitter you can't really target the hori slash, and you can't "spend" your spirit blade. Like its nice as a charge and I use it because especially in multi its way easier to hit things, but there is a trade off.

Also I imagine when two hunting horn users show up in a group hunt its exactly like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zda8H32pyeI
    If you burn Wirebugs a lot using movement, Helm Splitter is probably a better choice, and it hits harder. But it's so much easier to build Spirit meter and Spam damage quickly with the alt Switch skill for that, so I end up using that more often... the loss in burst damage is made up for by the fact that you're always in Red, and you are consistently hitting more often. I think the second Draw attack is straight up better, as it hits harder with two hits and armors you on the way in.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    My first cart as always came to Rathian, that bitch always knicks me at least once. I see diablos is now unlocked on my multi hunts which means I'll end up failing that for a group at least once (I've failed other multi hunts, but not because I carted, but blos will get me I know this).

I do kind of laugh that this one turns other monster bros coming into an area as a good thing. "Oh hey free mon parts and damage"

And I did see turf wars are still in! Rathalos and Naracuga do not like each other... at all!
    When Tigrex pounces on a monster, it looks really brutal.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    CB mobility isn't too bad in sword mode, especially as it has that lunge slash iirc? Axe mode is slow though yeah.

You still can't really zip around the way other weapons can, but yeah. The main problem is that I'm trying to use the buzzsaw, and you lose that charge every time you go back to sword mode or sheath the weapon. One of the wirebug moves can move forward a bit without switching forms, and the forward+X attack in axe mode moves forward a decent amount, but I still gotta spend a lot of time just slowly walking around.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    anybody got one of them longsword tutorials

gonna try and pick it up in this, the most japanese of monhun games to date

I got the deluxe edition so I have the 'Kamurai' layered armor. Once I put it on it was well I guess I better forge a longsword because charge blade does not jive with this.

You could grab a bow. The bow is also a traditional as shit samurai weapon!

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

I got the deluxe edition so I have the 'Kamurai' layered armor. Once I put it on it was well I guess I better forge a longsword because charge blade does not jive with this.

Is the insect glaive close enough to a naginata you think?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Is the insect glaive close enough to a naginata you think?

The Mizu glaive is a naginata.

So....yes

• Options
    Anyone else have a weapon they won't use because it looks ugly? I crafted a dragon scythe long sword and I just think it looks so ugly I dunno if I'll ever use it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Anyone else have a weapon they won't use because it looks ugly? I crafted a dragon scythe long sword and I just think it looks so ugly I dunno if I'll ever use it.

No, I don't

(because if it looks ugly I simply won't ever craft it, even if it's good)

• Options

No, I don't

I mean in theory a big bird scythe would be awesome, but god damn is it ugly and it just doesn't work with my aesthetic.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I like that they seemingly gave a totally unique script to each voice choice.

I'm playing another game that has four races, male/female, and heroic/sarcastic, but with all those choices to mix and match, in most cases they gave the same script to everybody. So when I've been awake too long in the game and everybody gets feebleminded, I have to listen to four different interpretations of "my mind...so...confused!"

Rise is great in that respect. I chose an energetic mom voice and it's different from everyone else I run across.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Had a session last night with 3 longsword users.

That weapon continues to be the real boss of the game. God that was fucking annoying.

• Options
    I like that they seemingly gave a totally unique script to each voice choice.

I'm playing another game that has four races, male/female, and heroic/sarcastic, but with all those choices to mix and match, in most cases they gave the same script to everybody. So when I've been awake too long in the game and everybody gets feebleminded, I have to listen to four different interpretations of "my mind...so...confused!"

Rise is great in that respect. I chose an energetic mom voice and it's different from everyone else I run across.

Yeah I basically chose the anime villain voice and my duder has lines that go along with that. Like carving up lil mons "nothing personal pal" or when a mon goes pissed off "GET OUT OF THERE!!!"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    CB mobility isn't too bad in sword mode, especially as it has that lunge slash iirc? Axe mode is slow though yeah.

You still can't really zip around the way other weapons can, but yeah. The main problem is that I'm trying to use the buzzsaw, and you lose that charge every time you go back to sword mode or sheath the weapon. One of the wirebug moves can move forward a bit without switching forms, and the forward+X attack in axe mode moves forward a decent amount, but I still gotta spend a lot of time just slowly walking around.

Yeah that's why I went back to the regular skill

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    edited March 2021

That weapon continues to be the real boss of the game. God that was fucking annoying.
    So far, and I can't confirm this, I seem to be avoiding getting interrupted with just one Flinch Free level. Probably worth Melding a Talisman for it (you can target the early melds) ASAP. The Deco is harder to craft, as I think it requires HR Mizu kills?

What gets me is the Longsword users that keep going for the head, especially when there is a Hunting Horn or Hammer user in the same room. They have a job to do! That is not your job! Go to the tail and cut it off!

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

So far, and I can't confirm this, I seem to be avoiding getting interrupted with just one Flinch Free level. Probably worth Melding a Talisman for it (you can target the early melds) ASAP. The Deco is harder to craft, as I think it requires HR Mizu kills?

What gets me is the Longsword users that keep going for the head, especially when there is a Hunting Horn or Hammer user in the same room. They have a job to do! That is not your job! Go to the tail and cut it off!

I'm a lancer, I can go anywhere. And I try.

But most longsword users just seem to spam and nowhere on the damn monster is safe from them tripping me up.

I only was doing groups so I could blaze through HR on really jank armor and craft a proper HR set, which I've done enough (don't know where to farm fucium). Now I'm going to go back and clean up all the 5 star missions solo. I had several games with zero longsword users and they were a lot of fun, but until I can get a brace jewel or a talisman with attack/brace I'm just going to have to solo the game. They make multiplayer nearly unplayable without specifically gearing up for their hits not to trip you up.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    You can trip people in rise? I was in a group of long sworders this morning and didn't get tripped and I don't have anti stagger anything.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Yeah that's why I went back to the regular skill

That's probably a good idea, but I just enjoy using it. I'm going to stick with it, but I think I want the other weapons I use to be more mobile ones to make up for it.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    You can trip people in rise? I was in a group of long sworders this morning and didn't get tripped and I don't have anti stagger anything.

Yes.

I took perverse joy in wirebugging away from a Khezu who just did his electro blast thingy on the rest of my teammates and running 2 of them over with a lance charge on my way back to the monster.

HOWS IT FUCKING FEEL, ASSHOLES?

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Can you like a whole group or is it limited to one hunter? If its not limited to one hunter I've been a huge asshole this whole time.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Can you like a whole group or is it limited to one hunter? If its not limited to one hunter I've been a huge asshole this whole time.

Any hunter in the range of a weapons hurtbox will get tripped up. The wide, sweeping longsword attacks are the absolute biggest source of frustration with this.

• Options

Any hunter in the range of a weapons hurtbox will get tripped up. The wide, sweeping longsword attacks are the absolute biggest source of frustration with this.

I know it was an issue in the past, I just didn't think that was present in Rise since I haven't noticed being staggered at all.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2021

I know it was an issue in the past, I just didn't think that was present in Rise since I haven't noticed being staggered at all.

I feel like since I play a weapon that relies on constant hitting I notice being tripped up in a mulitplayer chaos ball a lot more than others might, and it's a much bigger deal for my overall damage getting interrupted.

Also, I turned on the white player outline silhouette so I can see myself when obscured and yeah, I was definitely getting tripped up.

jungleroomx on
  • Options

You can send a like to everyone. :/

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    One of the LS switch skills can launch other players, so LS users can now be even worse in a group

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I'm kinda bummed that you can't seem to launch other players anymore with upswings and the like. I mean, it can be an annoyance but I've used tactics like that to save people from taking a big hit in the past.

For some reason, dual blades are really clicking with me this time around and I've been just playing super close and aggro. I changed out both switch skills and I can't see going back.

• Options
    I'm kinda bummed that you can't seem to launch other players anymore with upswings and the like. I mean, it can be an annoyance but I've used tactics like that to save people from taking a big hit in the past.

For some reason, dual blades are really clicking with me this time around and I've been just playing super close and aggro. I changed out both switch skills and I can't see going back.

I want to say I had a hammer user do this to me in game?

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

You can like everyone.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

You can like everyone.

Welp...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

There are launcher attacks, although it may be more finicky this time around.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

I definitely sent a friend of mine flying with the axe mode of charge blade once, but the fact that it has only happened once so far is astounding.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

No, I don't

I mean in theory a big bird scythe would be awesome, but god damn is it ugly and it just doesn't work with my aesthetic.

I read this as "a Big Bird scythe".

I want that.

• Options
    I saw Rise has shipped 4 million units globally which is pretty good.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2021

For 3 days yeah I'd say Capcom is probably not hating it.

This doesn't include the expansions, the way the game will flesh out with DLC, and the amount of people like me who will end up buying it on PC anyway. Rise is going to be a well-deserved success.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Rise is good! It's very good!

What isn't good is my inability to decide which weapon to take on each hunt!

Do I take insect glaive?

Longsword?

Bow?

Bowgun?

Dual blades??????

• Options
    Why can't I be like Tony Jaa in the movie and use longsword and bow : (

• Options
    Why can't I be like Tony Jaa in the movie and use longsword and bow : (
    A bow that shoots longswords, and when they hit in a wide area around the monster, they trip up everyone.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

For 3 days yeah I'd say Capcom is probably not hating it.

This doesn't include the expansions, the way the game will flesh out with DLC, and the amount of people like me who will end up buying it on PC anyway. Rise is going to be a well-deserved success.

Is there an indication this will come to PC, or is that just an assumption because World did?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular

I definitely sent a friend of mine flying with the axe mode of charge blade once, but the fact that it has only happened once so far is astounding.

Oh yeah I blew a few people off a cliff with a wyvern blast.

They deserved it.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm