As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We live in interesting [Quarantimes]

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    I wish my parents could get vaccinated, that would be cool

God, this

I would be significantly less stressed if we could just get to that point since mine are 70 and 65, though hopefully now that the Canadian feds approved the 4 month max shot interval that'll be sooner than later

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    My mother who lives with us qualifies already, but being a Q cultist she pretty flatly refuses to even consider it. Or any other vaccines at this point.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    My mother is over 60 and works in a assisted living facility for the elderly. No-one there has been vaccinated yet. It's a bit infuriating. People here are actually looking to the US as an example on for a well running vaccination campaign.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    WA vaccine eligibility

It flat out states nobody under 50.

• Options
    Also my parents disowned me while accusing me of disowning them after the Jan 6th coup attempt, so I guess I'm saved worrying about my parents vac status, or general being alive-ness.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    To add another cool thing about Dolly Parton to the pile, when she got her vaccine shot that she helped to fund the development of it was via the normal line that everyone goes into. Had been on the wait list since December. She didn't seek out special treatment because she gave funds or because she is Dolly Parton.

Aistan on
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Dolly Parton is the only ethical billionaire.

Because she's given away so much money that she's never become a billionaire. She easily could have but refuses to be.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Maddoc wrote: »
    After hounding sites all fucking day I got a vax appointment for the 10th. Cried a little.

This made me just go check and realize I got bumped again

I mean it's nice that teachers will be able to get it starting in a week, granted

Oh it's horse shit. "Non covid facing laboratorian" got snuck in under healthcare. I work for a cancer therapy biotech. So I'm certainly qualified, I just shouldn't be yet.

My main theory is it's mass/boston being afraid of pissing biotech off since so much money swirls around there.

QuantumTurk on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Mayabird wrote: »

Because she's given away so much money that she's never become a billionaire. She easily could have but refuses to be.

There are plenty of people who have done this. Jonas Salk for example created the cure for polio but didn’t patent it.

Blake T on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Mayabird wrote: »

There are plenty of people who have done this. Jonas Salk for example created the cure for polio but didn’t patent it.

When Banting and Best discovered insulin they sold the patent to the University of Toronto for $1 because they didn't want it to be something people profited from

(current insulins are synthetic and heavily patented, something that enrages me on a regular basis)

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I think I've put off getting my oil change as long as I can

I barely put salt milage on the engine so it shouldn't be a big deal but yeah.

Just haven't felt up to driving out there and sitting in their cramped crowded dealership for an hour.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    DessertedDesserted Dessert desertRegistered User regular

Just haven't felt up to driving out there and sitting in their cramped crowded dealership for an hour.

I'm in this same boat. I think tomorrow I'll take it in early and just walk around outside until it's done.

• Options
    Desserted wrote: »

I'm in this same boat. I think tomorrow I'll take it in early and just walk around outside until it's done.

I wish I were in shape to walk around. Something's up with my health. Even small amounts of moving around is killing me lately.

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular

When my Spring Break happens at the end of the month it coincides with 2 weeks after my 2nd dose and I think I'll get the oil changed and tires rotated on my car then too.

It has taken 14 months since the last oil change just to put barely 5,000 miles on it.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I've had a faulty tire pressure sensor in my car for about 2 years now, so I constantly have to check the pressure to make sure everything's okay, and I also need my tires rotated, but I will be fucked if I will sit at a mechanic's place for 6-8 hours while they do all that work in the middle of *gesticulates at all this shit happening*. And for those same reasons, I am not mega comfortable taking a cab or shuttle back home for the day while it's done. I haven't really sorted out a compromise system where the work I need doing gets done and I feel as if I did my appropriate diligences in ensafening myself.

• Options
    expendable wrote: »

When my Spring Break happens at the end of the month it coincides with 2 weeks after my 2nd dose and I think I'll get the oil changed and tires rotated on my car then too.

It has taken 14 months since the last oil change just to put barely 5,000 miles on it.

I got my oil changed like a year ago. I was due in October? But I'm still under 8000 miles on the odometer. Probably put less than 2k on it since last spring.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

I wish I were in shape to walk around. Something's up with my health. Even small amounts of moving around is killing me lately.

That sounds pretty serious. Are you going to a doc or anything?

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

That sounds pretty serious. Are you going to a doc or anything?

Yeah. Seeing my pulmonologist again soon. I imagine he'll order a chest ct scan or something.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    WA vaccine eligibility

I read that Washington VA sites are now saying all ages of veterans are eligible if they’re currently receiving VA care, does that apply to you?

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    SC is transitioning to the 1B phase Monday so I'm gonna try and jump on that ASAP.

Get that shiz all up in my biz

Gonna go kiss a person on the face

• Options
    edited March 2021
    My mom apparently has a appointment to get a vaccine on Monday.

Yay! Here's hoping she actually does!

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Janson wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »
    WA vaccine eligibility

I read that Washington VA sites are now saying all ages of veterans are eligible if they’re currently receiving VA care, does that apply to you?

I haven't seen that, but I'm waiting for a call from the VA to get assigned to a primary care team(purely for possible earlier access to the vaccine). I'm rated 80% with the VA, mostly on mental stuff, but I haven't used them for actual healthcare ever since I got medical through work. Like, Kaiser still won't operate on my spine but at least they offer other treatments, believed me, and don't try to laugh me out of their office.

Edit: Also the MRI scanners in private healthcare are way newer than the ones at VA. Last time I had a scan at VA it was in a trailer off their rear loading dock, machine was ancient and was shit.

Weaver on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular

I got my oil changed like a year ago. I was due in October? But I'm still under 8000 miles on the odometer. Probably put less than 2k on it since last spring.

A few things:

1. There are plenty of places that change oil that aren't large dealerships.
    2. Even if you need to bring it to a dealership for some reason due to owning a special kind of car, having your maintenance bundled with your financing, or whatever you should look into scheduling a drop-off and pick-up.

I usually go to a family-owned garage near my office who are wonderful people and there's never more than 2-3 people waiting there (and I usually wait outside anyway). In January, though, I finally decided to take my car in for regular service (rotations, filters, etc) which it was due for. The dealership offered a shuttle service, day-rental, or to comp me for a Lyft to anywhere nearby.

I'd say check into your options. It might be no big deal.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    We're out to eat for the first time. Were seperated from other people but the guys next to us are....this is why I don't like going out even in good times. They were talking about how "bitches" made it so you can't just be a guy being a guy anymore and they've pivoted to COVID and according to one dude his girlfriend who's a doctor said it existed since 2013 and knew how to treat it but it wasn't an issue until an election year and also if masks actually work then why don't people wear them during cold and flu season.

It's taking me all my willpower to not interject

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »

A few things:

1. There are plenty of places that change oil that aren't large dealerships.
    2. Even if you need to bring it to a dealership for some reason due to owning a special kind of car, having your maintenance bundled with your financing, or whatever you should look into scheduling a drop-off and pick-up.

I usually go to a family-owned garage near my office who are wonderful people and there's never more than 2-3 people waiting there (and I usually wait outside anyway). In January, though, I finally decided to take my car in for regular service (rotations, filters, etc) which it was due for. The dealership offered a shuttle service, day-rental, or to comp me for a Lyft to anywhere nearby.

I'd say check into your options. It might be no big deal.

Yeah there's a chain shop near me that offered all that as well. Lots of places added Covid services.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I got my first vaccine shot yesterday, as Biden's proclamation about teachers applied to me.

I got mine done at a Costco, which was nice because after getting my shot I bought a cherry pie.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    My mom just got her first shot. Now, both of my parents have the first dose of Pfizer, and are scheduled for their next one. Huzzah :)

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    My Wife just got her second Moderna shot today. Awaiting side effects now.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Been a couple of hours since my J&J shot. No real arm pain but I am getting a little sleepy.

Awaiting activation of my mutant powers. Hoping for something good like a really bad Cajun accent.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Been a couple of hours since my J&J shot. No real arm pain but I am getting a little sleepy.

Awaiting activation of my mutant powers. Hoping for something good like a really bad Cajun accent.

The report just came in and... And I don't know how to tell you this.

But sir, you're going to go full Beak.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

The report just came in and... And I don't know how to tell you this.

But sir, you're going to go full Beak.

icv8s7scuqzk.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I will never understand people who work at the *squints very hard to make sure they can read it right* Lieberry.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Update. Had a fever last night. Gave me very weird dreams. Seems to be gone now. Mouth is very dry.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Got my Pfizer shot on Thursday (funny enough, in spite of working at a Pfizer-contracted vaccine research facility, most of my co-workers have gotten Moderna) and was kinda light-headed/drowsy for a lot of the last couple days, though nothing too severe

I'm fully anticipating shot 2 kicks my ass though

In similar news, I considered grabbing myself a celebratory vaccination beer yesterday at the store yesterday but my gut feeling is, still not really interested in drinking on my own time. That gut feeling is like, literally a hard ab muscle tension, too, so it's a pretty strong mental firewall still. I broke my "no quarantine drinking" rule a couple times in moderation around New Year's with my partner (makes some real good homemade mead, and our Blue Ridge cabin rental in mid-January had a free bottle of wine), and was cozy then since that rule was always mostly about worries re: pandemic isolation, but for now it seems like solo is a no-go

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Good instinct.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    last time I wanted a bar drink, I just made due at home

made myself a too small gimlet with bad gin, put on some shitty pop country and frowned at my glass for 15 minutes while rolling a cigarette between my fingers

Depressperado on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    last time I wanted a bar drink, I just made due at home

made myself a too small gimlet with bad gin, put on some shitty pop country and frowned at my glass for 15 minutes while rolling a cigarette between my fingers

Sounds like a good night.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Inslee expanded the phases, I should be able to get jabbed after the 22nd!

Weaver on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Hey, thanks Facebook but no I do not believe I know a Dick Napalm who, let's see here uuuh, draws torture porn. But you know what good looking out, there buddy.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Facebook is a friggin’ nightmare app that insist on making me wade through fifty random videos of “pranks” and animal harm before I get to see any of my friends’ week-old posts any time I log on.

This discussion has been closed.