As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We live in interesting [Quarantimes]

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Inwould like to extend from me to you a personal guarontee that everything is okey dokey

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    The pope has definitely had the vaccine right? That’s why he’s not wearing his mask?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    virus can't infect the chosen of gawd

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I’ve been volunteering a lot as a marshal at a covid clinic, and now I’ve quit my job to just work for the NHS in logistics! I have a contract until the end of the year!

My future is therefore uncertain, but I’ve been winging the rest of my life anyway.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    I would be inclined to think that the current popery is hip enough to not being dead that the vicar himself and maskless entourage are all vaccinated but who knows I suppose

Some sort of vatican news service probably I guess

• Options
    Quite

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Of course the fucking papists get vaccines first. OF COURSE

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    there is a fair argument to made that seeing leadership figures like the pope and high clergy get vaccinated is good publicity for vaccination for the people who follow that leader, fights anti-vax conspiracy theoryism and helps everyone.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I’ve been volunteering a lot as a marshal at a covid clinic, and now I’ve quit my job to just work for the NHS in logistics! I have a contract until the end of the year!

My future is therefore uncertain, but I’ve been winging the rest of my life anyway.

"Nanny’s philosophy of life was to do what seemed like a good idea at the time, and do it as hard as possible. It had never let her down."

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I just learned about Caucasian Shepard dogs aka the Russian Bear Dog aka the biggest fuckin floof I ever did see

I do not have one and it is illegal

• Options
    It's just... so much dog. I love it. I would fight a bear with and for that dog.

God I want a huge dog so bad.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    what if instead of 1 large dog you had many small dogs

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    seriously. I petted a St. Bernard the other day. That ruled. He was a slobbery boy tho.

• Options
    I love all dogs but I would much prefer one massive, wise and learned dog who knows many secrets like the Caucasian Shepard dog does.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    caucasian shepards are in fact dumb as shit, even though they are quite large

imagine how many shoobs could fill the space of a single caucasian shepard

• Options
    Oh my God Tibetan mastiffs holy shit holy damn

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    caucasian shepards are in fact dumb as shit, even though they are quite large

imagine how many shoobs could fill the space of a single caucasian shepard

He would be my humongous dumb idiot boy and I would love him dearly

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yes
    Come to the big dog side
    They are goobers and we don't care

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Tallest dog I've seen so far is a Great Dane, who also dropped the biggest dog shit I have ever seen in my life, the size of the class Daschund, my God. I took over for the owner to do drills with it and had to jog to keep up for ten full minutes of heelwork, just, aaaahhh

All around biggest....hmmm. Probably the European stock Bernese I met and his brother, a Great Pyrenese, but the sheer amount of fur I saw might have corrupted my memory there

I like large dogs; the giant breeds I am in absolute awe of and would like to hang out with very frequently, but I don't have the space for one. And also have enough of a workout when our King Shepherd gets upset she's gone too far from my mom and drags us home, the dog is a TANK

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    No thoughts head empty

Just big dogue

• Options
    Rottweilers are a fantastic Big Dog also and if I wasn't so committed to GSDs and Belgian Sheepdogs they'd probably be a breed I'd try

Very smart, very strong, extremely sweet dogs that are just pure muscle

Steam
  • Options
    Wait what is a king Shepard I want one

• Options
    I have tiny apartment but I desperately want huge dog

What is the biggest laziest dog

What kinda dog could I use as a couch

• Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Wait what is a king Shepard I want one

Basically just Big German Shepherd, just, big. They're not recognized as a separate breed by the AKC and are effectively the same, just Big Dog Version

You kinda forget how huge the dog is until you take her for a walk because everyone looks at her like she's a very threatening bear when she just likes to bark a lot when I'm walking the inappropriate pace

Steam
  • Options
    Yes excellent I will take 2

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    One time at the public library there were designated reading dogs that came in for little kids to read to. One was a corgi. The other was an Irish Wolf Hound. They were friends. It was amazing.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited March 2021
    There's several breeds in this article including Mastiffs and Great Danes that can work pretty well, and my Dad's mentioned most of them before as suggestions for lower energy dogs (once they grow out of puppydom):

https://www.sfgate.com/realestate/article/The-Best-Big-Dogs-for-Apartments-Large-Breeds-12505204.php

I knew a lady in uni who adopted an older Great Dane and brought her to parties, where the dog would stand in a stately manner while being patted by at least 8 drunk students at a time

Cello on
    Steam
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

You rang?

81rp0f6nk03p.jpg

I also endorse newfoundlands and leonbergers.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Big dogs kind scare me

I don't even know why

They are just intimidating

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    my uncle has this massive black lab I think, I've never asked exactly what it is. I've met some overly friendly big dogs and I can see why some people might be afraid of them, but I'm also big and they aren't going to knock me down or anything

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Big dogs kind scare me

I don't even know why

They are just intimidating

they just want pets!

but they are not graceful so their pet wanting can be scary to those not in the know

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I don't like the chairs in the background of that image.

Look at all those support spoke things.

Very awful.

I had to model a similar chair a while back.

Awful support spoke things.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I don't really vibe with dogs very often actually

They are so much higher maintenance than I have the mental capacity to deal with in a pet.

Even being around one that doesn't understand boundaries and stuff very well for even a few minutes gets to me sometimes.

It's like ok I petted you 40 times go lie down.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    tynic wrote: »

You rang?

81rp0f6nk03p.jpg

I also endorse newfoundlands and leonbergers.

God the moment I land a schedule that doesn't have me out of the house for 12 hours a day the first thing I'm doing is getting a dog. I would love a Berner or a Newfie.

Some people drink and get on tinder I drink and I look at dogs I can't adopt.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    0ks0rdpz7lrz.png

Chumlee is a library volunteer. His job is to be very large while children read books to him. His head is the size of a Thanksgiving turkey, and he is a very good listener.

We also have a special room every year at Staff Development Day that's just a quiet place with dogs in it so the kind of people who became librarians on purpose can get away from a 400-person all-day training seminar without running away screaming, and Chumlee is one of the dogs in the quiet dog room. The fact that I didn't get to pet Chumlee this year isn't the worst thing about the pandemic, but it didn't help.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'll just reiterate that if I had a lot of extra space for animals I would be deeply in trouble

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    What's Chumlee's favourite book?

• Options
    Chumlee oh my god

That thick boy almost brought me to tears I love him

• Options
    apparently when I was a baby, my dad's friend brought his Great Dane over and she immediately claimed me

curled around me, lickin' me, and growling softly whenever anyone tried to pick me up.

they had to distract her with raw chicken so they could get me back.

This discussion has been closed.