Options

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Oh, apparently they did the BG pass price drop already? It's showing as 1250 gold in the store now. I don't buy the BG perks but for anyone who waits for the discount, now's your chance.

• Options
    I just picked Finley and my game never transitioned from the first recruit phase to the first combat phase. Is... is he still bugged?

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Quick update: you can seriously confuse an opponent playing Wild Paladin with no Genn and no Baku and then having every buff card in the last third of your deck. I think the Warrior I was playing was wondering what hideous play I was setting up. Nothing, nothing at all, just apparently providing target practice.

Also: friended a Big Druid that highrolled to a turn 4 lethal because I wanted to ask if that many natural 20s in a row was as fun as it looked. They seemed suspicious, but I legit wasn't mad. When you nail the eight cards in your deck off the opening hand and draw and play for victory, that's pretty cool.

Also also: playing Dinosize = 80% opponent emote, 100% Wow. 60% follow-up Well Played. 4-1 when it's played. I missed my boy so much.

The Judge on
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    forty wrote: »
    Dibby do you spend the 2500 gold for BG perks?
    i do spend the gold on BG perks yeah

i mean literally the one good thing about the dumb rewards track bullshit is that BG-only players get THE BEST DEAL out of this whole thing

earn exp by playing the game mode you wanted to play anyway? complete dailies/weeklies in BGs? hell yeeeeeeeessss

bare minimum i should be able to hit the required amount each time just through playing BGs. like even if i skip out on that dumb 2500 exp weekly that requires playing constructed.

I'd say something about playing TFT instead but this set sucks so whatever
    listen

i don't wanna hafta think

i just want my cards to randomly jam into other cards okay

no thoughts head empty just bash cards

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Asmo just spectated a game that made it to round 18.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

The most spot on article I've read about this whole thing.

Really well written, does a good job conveying what's been happening.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    98Wd3em.png

Okay I didn't think Elistra was gonna be a good card but WOW that card has exceeded my expectations. HUGE huge card with Amalgadons.

Triple Brann also helped, but, she drew a lot of Poisonous minions attacking in instead. Real good.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »

The most spot on article I've read about this whole thing.

Really well written, does a good job conveying what's been happening.
    Agree, but the author should have spent some time writing about the mini-expansions, which I think were a significant portion of the powder keg. I thought he was going to leave them out of the article completely, until he finally quickly brushed over them in the very last paragraph.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    SXn1CGu.png

Yeah I'm convinced Taunt Build is Real at this point and not just a meme.

It seems really strong.

NEW TRIBAL ADDED THIS PATCH AFTER ALL

Oh yeah and honestly my most favorite new card this patch might be Faceless Taverngoer. Grabbing one when you have a minion you wanna Triple is really good, or buy two for a free Triple on anything you want. That's how I got my triple Selfless!

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

I saw that earlier today. I'd almost rather lose to randomized Pyroblasts then get that unlucky.

Also, the clip at 8:46 ended so perfectly.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    How well does Stunner work with only 2 secrets in the deck?

So this was a good observation. I took out the secret package and added some more stealth and removal:

### Stealth C'thun
    # Class: Rogue
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) Backstab
    # 2x (0) Preparation
    # 2x (0) Shadowstep
    # 2x (1) Secret Passage
    # 2x (1) Spymistress
    # 2x (1) Worgen Infiltrator
    # 1x (2) Ashtongue Slayer
    # 2x (2) Betrayal
    # 2x (2) Skyvateer
    # 2x (2) Sneaky Delinquent
    # 2x (2) Swindle
    # 2x (3) Cloak of Shadows
    # 2x (3) Coerce
    # 2x (3) Greyheart Sage
    # 2x (5) Stowaway
    # 1x (10) C'Thun, the Shattered
    #
    AAECAaIHArq4A7/gAw60AZoC7QLiB4YJvq4Dm7YDubgDz7kDqssDitADitQD4t0D590DAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Cloak of Shadows is pretty good in the meta. Coerce is just better than sap almost always. The rest is the same. Here are some games from today:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/cM8mBmU66WZNKeeHfDk6aN (v Paladin where Cloak won me the game)
    https://hsreplay.net/replay/ckdoHFAWw66X9WtY7Skga6 (v Druid where Cloak won me the game, also played C'thun twice)

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Yay I helped! Deck looks fun, but unfortunately I did not open a C'Thun.

• Options
    should have played around his mage opponent playing a hunter card, a druid card, and a shaman card bro

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Elistra is excellent because having poison divine shield guys lets you get off a bunch of attacks while shielded unless your opponent also has an Elistra and runs a ghoul (this always happens to me)

• Options
    Interesting. When I saw Elistra in the patch notes, I just figured she'd be most useful as some sort of cleave mitigation tool (i.e., you can place your taunts for optimal attack order rather than having to position them around cleave while you dump Elistra and your next junkiest minion on the far right) or like to guarantee your taunted cleaves get to attack before they die. I guess I'll have to see her in practice to see exactly how she's benefitting the combat outcomes.

• Options
    Guaranteeing where your opponent's first 4 attacks will go is pretty huge

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Guaranteeing where your opponent's first 4 attacks will go is pretty huge

Yeah, she's super good anti-poison tech.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I get that she'd be great for eating the little poison spores or whatever, but I also envisioned her just sort of delaying the inevitable if your opponent had a bunch of big dragons or big elementals, as your minions just sort of traded arbitrarily into theirs while she pokes for 28 damage across 3-4 minions. I guess it's going to depend on what you're facing.

She would be nice for popping some divine shields off some of their big attackers if they're up front, though.

forty on
  • Options
    I get that she'd be great for eating the little poison spores or whatever, but I also envisioned her just sort of delaying the inevitable if your opponent had a bunch of big dragons or big elementals, as your minions just sort of traded arbitrarily into theirs while she pokes for 28 damage across 3-4 minions. I guess it's going to depend on what you're facing.

She would be nice for popping some divine shields off some of their big attackers if they're up front, though.

Yeah, she's great against like giant Crackling Cyclones or other Divine Shield minions, she can protect your Amalgadons for four hits and that'll really screw up your opponent's attack order and how they have it planned out.

Basically forces your opponent to be hitting in with the stuff they don't wanna hit in with. Or allows you to put your taunts up front and smack shit.

It's something you get a better understanding for once you kinda see and experience it for yourself, but, she's a really really good card.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Oh wow, the prizes don't stop at turn 16. Looks like every 4 turns later, you get another T4 Darkmoon prize. Not that you're realistically ever going to see that in a normal game, but good to know!

• Options
    Kinda curious how many months it's gonna be before the day 1 UI problems with the new journal/rewards system get fixed.

• Options
    winstreaked from diamond 5 to legend on NA without dropping a single game, pretty sure this is The List

### Evolve
    # Class: Shaman
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
    # 2x (1) Animated Broomstick
    # 2x (1) Sludge Slurper
    # 2x (1) Tour Guide
    # 2x (2) Cagematch Custodian
    # 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
    # 1x (3) Bogstrok Clacker
    # 2x (3) Desert Hare
    # 1x (3) Instructor Fireheart
    # 2x (3) Pit Master
    # 2x (4) Dread Corsair
    # 2x (4) Hoard Pillager
    # 2x (5) Boggspine Knuckles
    # 2x (5) Derailed Coaster
    # 2x (9) Mogu Fleshshaper
    # 2x (10) Sea Giant
    #
    AAECAdH6AwLhuAOczgMO0wHuBrSRA8aZA9SlA9ipA+iwA924A5XNA5vNA/DUA9zbA6neA6reAwA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    winstreaked from diamond 5 to legend on NA without dropping a single game, pretty sure this is The List
    ### Evolve
    # Class: Shaman
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
    # 2x (1) Animated Broomstick
    # 2x (1) Sludge Slurper
    # 2x (1) Tour Guide
    # 2x (2) Cagematch Custodian
    # 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
    # 1x (3) Bogstrok Clacker
    # 2x (3) Desert Hare
    # 1x (3) Instructor Fireheart
    # 2x (3) Pit Master
    # 2x (4) Dread Corsair
    # 2x (4) Hoard Pillager
    # 2x (5) Boggspine Knuckles
    # 2x (5) Derailed Coaster
    # 2x (9) Mogu Fleshshaper
    # 2x (10) Sea Giant
    #
    AAECAdH6AwLhuAOczgMO0wHuBrSRA8aZA9SlA9ipA+iwA924A5XNA5vNA/DUA9zbA6neA6reAwA=
    #

I really don’t understand why Shaman didn’t get a nerf bat hit this time around. It feels to me like even giving Knuckles -2 attack would make a difference, and keep the deck playable while taking some of the edge off of it.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    It is funny that they nerfed Brann to preempt Hunter domination but said they'd wait and see with Shaman.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    It is funny that they nerfed Brann to preempt Hunter domination but said they'd wait and see with Shaman.

Plus no matter what they do they can't stop Demon Hunters all over the place and don't seem to have a solution for that.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »

Plus no matter what they do they can't stop Demon Hunters all over the place and don't seem to have a solution for that.

Agro demon hunter was only mildly touched, they are still going to nut kick shaman...a lot

• Options
    VSLive suggests that both DH lists and Highlander Hunter have fallen pretty hard. HSReplay is showing similar results.

88vFU28.png?1

• Options
    s7izr84gs8561.jpg

• Options
    dreadlord's bite isn't worth running any more, and most aggro dh lists have dropped polkelt/skull and are using acrobatics and stuff like kobold sandtroopers/leper gnomes

• Options
    This Warrior book of heroes is some memes. There's an encounter where you need to get your stuff to be odd or even attack to avoid taking damage but sometimes it just procs anyways.

• Options
    I, uh, lost the first challenge in the Warrior Book of Heroes

• Options
    How critical is Instructor Fireheart, Beasteh? If I can just run Bogstrok Clacker or Serpentshrine Portal I'd like to get away with not crafting her.

• Options
    fireheart is mainly there for slower matchups, she can find you bloodlust/hex etc

you can absolutely replace her, same with clacker and cable rats

just make sure you replace them with something that doesn't overload and progresses your gameplan (overload is very bad, and revolve is an awful card)

• Options
    How critical is Instructor Fireheart, Beasteh? If I can just run Bogstrok Clacker or Serpentshrine Portal I'd like to get away with not crafting her.

My list last month didn't have her, and I think that I had a similar win rate on my Legend trip.

Far Sight might be a better replacement IMO. In my experience, the #1 overriding goal of the deck is to get a weapon equipped ASAP. Far Sight helps you do that; the Portal overloads you and slows down that goal, and while the Claker is fine it's not getting you the weapon faster.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I, uh, lost the first challenge in the Warrior Book of Heroes

They are not ducking around on the difficulty on this.

I am absolutely getting thrashed by Jains.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    jaina took me two tries but i one shot the last two bosses

e: casual first place dragons with a near perfect comp

VCIX5QY.png

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »

My list last month didn't have her, and I think that I had a similar win rate on my Legend trip.

Far Sight might be a better replacement IMO. In my experience, the #1 overriding goal of the deck is to get a weapon equipped ASAP. Far Sight helps you do that; the Portal overloads you and slows down that goal, and while the Claker is fine it's not getting you the weapon faster.

Whenever I play a Shaman, they literally always have Knuckles. And then a Pillager to follow up on turn 6.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Whenever I play a Shaman, they literally always have Knuckles. And then a Pillager to follow up on turn 6.

Well, obviously. But will you get a Knuckles in hand before turn 10? Ha, nope.