As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam]-heim. Valhalla has no backlogs.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Is there a way to disable mouse control in Doom 2016?

Trying to play with my ps4 pad and the game is just losing its mind with the mouse being all over the screen and messing with how I control Doomguy.

Literally unplayable.

It's not a weird touch pad thing, is it?

I played Doom 2016 with a Dualshock 4 and was never able to use the map unless I switched to the mouse. Made the game pretty hard to play.
    Nah, just a regular crappy mouse.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Since building The Blue Bomber I have started playing the recent Assassin's Creeds starting with Origins.

I'm upset I never got around to playing it before, the game is great! I took a break after Black Flag, the games felt stale after that. Origins feels fresh as hell. Plus it's really pretty and I'm averaging 90-120 FPS with everything on Very High and a couple of Ultras thrown in.

Unfortunately I am at work right now but all I want to do is play more.

Protip: Skip to Valhalla. :razz:
    No way!

Odyssey is fantastic and has one of the best protagonists in the series (Kassandra).

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Since building The Blue Bomber I have started playing the recent Assassin's Creeds starting with Origins.

I'm upset I never got around to playing it before, the game is great! I took a break after Black Flag, the games felt stale after that. Origins feels fresh as hell. Plus it's really pretty and I'm averaging 90-120 FPS with everything on Very High and a couple of Ultras thrown in.

No way!

Odyssey is fantastic and has one of the best protagonists in the series (Kassandra).

True!

But Eivor is even better and ACV has much better combat. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Any nominee suggestions for those of us who have been deep, deep in the "old games" mine?

This is me. Everytime I go to nominate a game, it's not there! Then I google it and realize it came out last year, two years ago, etc.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited November 2020

No way!

True!

Eivor doesn't have the charisma/wit Kassandra did.

He/She's alright though, just not what I wanted from a viking.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Why can't I add a bundle to my wishlist? Come on Steam!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Hades for everything this year.

I feel like I'm the only person who is totally uninterested in Hades.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

No way!

True!

Eivor doesn't have the charisma/wit Kassandra did.

He/She's alright though, just not what I wanted from a viking.

I don't understand any of these words when you use them like this. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Yeah, I don't know if I'm the biggest supergiant games fan. Bastion was just ok to me. I still need to give transistor a shot, but Hades just looks like more of the same of those two? I don't know. I could be totally wrong.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

Yeah, I don't know if I'm the biggest supergiant games fan. Bastion was just ok to me. I still need to give transistor a shot, but Hades just looks like more of the same of those two? I don't know. I could be totally wrong.
    Some of the hype around Bastion is just due to the time it came out. There was a certain amout of "It's amazing! for an indie game" in the hype around its release, before the indie renaissance had really come into full swing. It's still a good game, but I can definitely see coming to it now, having heard about how amazing it is, and being underwhelmed that it's just a competent action game with a couple well presented story bits. Supergiant never rested on their laurels, though, and throughout their games I think they kept improving as a developer. Pyre and Transistor are doing some weird, unique stuff with their gameplay that can make them a bit hit or miss for people, Pyre especially. It sounds like with Hades they're going with something relatively more conventional with an action roguelite and have put the effort that would go into trying to build something new and weird into making just The Best action roguelike.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

I didn't know what this game was till Dover's post. >_> So you're not the only one I guess?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

I didn't know what this game was till Dover's post. >_> So you're not the only one I guess?

I keep thinking I should play Hades and I'd enjoy it.

And then I boot up FF14 or Minecraft or Monster Train or HZD instead.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Things happened. @Orivon is doing well. He would like me to have more romance in my life. A lot of yuri romance. <3 Thank you very much Orivon. <3
    22xbfd308tji.jpg

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Oh jeez, @Orivon just sent me 6 succubi games on Steam! I do love me a succubus, so this is very much appreciated! Can't wait to check them out! Also, like, 6 games at once, holy crap! I think I had my eye on a couple of these, too, but some of them I didn't even know about!
    2aMjw71.png

RGY9zk1.png

dgsFR5X.png

Man, this has been a great year for smut on Steam!

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

I wasn't at first but heard too many people gushing about it not to give it a try.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Haha I just booted up Monster Train to get the last sale badge level, and in that run I finally beat Covenant 15! :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

Trying to play with my ps4 pad and the game is just losing its mind with the mouse being all over the screen and messing with how I control Doomguy.

Literally unplayable.

I played Doom 2016 with a Dualshock 4 and was never able to use the map unless I switched to the mouse. Made the game pretty hard to play.

I meant the touch pad on the controller

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    If you've never played Hades, you absolutely should. It's 100% my GotY.

I finished Bastion and didn't care for the gameplay. It was far too slow and plodding. Incredible music and voice acting though. Transistor and Pyre were hard passes after watching gameplay videos. I was pretty much content with letting Hades pass me by, but enough people talked it up (and rougelikes being a favorite genre), so I gave it a shot.

Everything about the game is polished to perfection. The voice acting is top-notch (a particular point of interest of mine) and the gameplay is smooth. There is a ton of replayability, the story is great, and there is lots to unlock. Any faults are usually pretty nitpicky at best.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Hades is the best roguelike VN matchmaking/dating simulator where you can make a Fury, a Greek hero, and a boulder part of your harem in the neverending quest to prove yourself to dad.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Anybody know a decent VR game that came out this year?

Also: took a little wander through the VN section of the sale- VA-Hall 11-A caught a pretty good sale, and it's just under ten bucks before tax now. It's worth it just for the writing.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »

Half Life Alyx was the big ticket title.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    The Room VR was pretty good too.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I went with Phasmaphobia since I have found watching it entertaining, but probably mostly to spite Half Life for reasons I don't actually understand.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

Also: took a little wander through the VN section of the sale- VA-Hall 11-A caught a pretty good sale, and it's just under ten bucks before tax now. It's worth it just for the writing.

Half Life Alyx and Star Wars Squadrons were probably the two biggest that I can think of.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    JMan711 wrote: »
    I’m looking for recommendations on good coop games. A couple of my friends and I have enjoyed playing through games like Vermintide 2 and Deep Rock Galactic and are looking for something new to play. Any ideas on something similar to those? I’ve been eyeballing Risk of Rain 2 and maybe GTFO. Thanks!
    Last I looked GTFO was designed for 4 players. You can play it with less but the difficulty doesn't scale down. Which made a game advertised with some goose-ish(?) "real hardcore gamerz only" language a bit of a brick wall for mere mortals. But if your sessions are usually 4 people, or if you're more open to picking up randos, it may work out for you.

*Disclaimer: Haven't actually played. Two in my group picked it up and (if memory serves) were of the opinion that there's fun to be had with a full team but a pass otherwise.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Gets email

Oh, neat. A bunch of stuff on my wishlist is on sale.

Checks account

Yep. Still broke.

Fuck 2020.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    My wishlist has a few decent discounts going on. In particular is RE3 Remake. $20 is tempting.

But why can't they get Megaman Zero/ZX down to that ~$12 range? I've been eyeing it on the Switch for a while now, but have decided not to pull the trigger until it drops. And before you think about it, I don't want it on Steam/PC, so please don't gift me. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Half Life Alyx and Star Wars Squadrons were probably the two biggest that I can think of.

Oddly I can't get it to save Squadrons to any slot on my list.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

The walking dead game in that VR bundle is supposed to be okay too

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Hades is the best roguelike VN matchmaking/dating simulator where you can make a Fury, a Greek hero, and a boulder part of your harem in the neverending quest to prove yourself to dad.

This is, actually, exactly what's not interesting to me about it. Roguelike, visual novel, and dating sim are three of the game genres I'm least interested in. Which is fine! I don't need to like every game, or have every game be "for me". I just feel . . . odd? That all these elements together seems so compelling to so many people. I just assumed those were all super-niche genres by themselves, which I also assumed would make the game even more niche. And I've seen the game in play, whatever alchemy is hitting for everyone else just wasn't interesting me.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Literally unplayable.

I meant the touch pad on the controller
    Nah, its not that as far as I can tell. Only happening with Doom.
    I think we've all had that phase where we fucked a bunch of greek legends to get back at our dad.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    The class must flow!
    r2VpZfX.png

9eROE3f.png

Big thanks to the epically generous @Orivon for <takes breath> Delete, Control, Here Be Dragons, Bug Fables and Godhood and to the epically generous @Big Classy for Control! Thanks to both of you - Happy Steam Sale! <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    Glad to see people are still bombarding folks with gifts these days.

Finally got around to playing Squadrons a this week and I'm really enjoying it. I am not super skilled at these kinds of games, but it's fun to fly around and pew pew things.

Rimworld has got me in its clutches again, so that's putting a damper on other games getting played, heh.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I’m looking for recommendations on good coop games. A couple of my friends and I have enjoyed playing through games like Vermintide 2 and Deep Rock Galactic and are looking for something new to play. Any ideas on something similar to those? I’ve been eyeballing Risk of Rain 2 and maybe GTFO. Thanks!

Coop I've been playing a bit of lately that have been fun.

Grounded
    Minecraft Dungeons
    Streets of Rage 4

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular

Coop I've been playing a bit of lately that have been fun.

Grounded
    Minecraft Dungeons
    Streets of Rage 4

Risk of Rain 2 can be a lot of fun co-op. Grounded is also pretty great, but it might be worth holding off on while they flesh it out a bit. They recently had a pretty big update but if you play those games like I do, you'll just hit a wall where you are just waiting on content.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Orogogus wrote: »

Half Life Alyx was the big ticket title.

That's pretty much a shoo-in for the VR award, given that at least 95% of the votes will be from people with no VR headset just naming the only VR game from the year they've heard of.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    edited November 2020

This is, actually, exactly what's not interesting to me about it. Roguelike, visual novel, and dating sim are three of the game genres I'm least interested in. Which is fine! I don't need to like every game, or have every game be "for me". I just feel . . . odd? That all these elements together seems so compelling to so many people. I just assumed those were all super-niche genres by themselves, which I also assumed would make the game even more niche. And I've seen the game in play, whatever alchemy is hitting for everyone else just wasn't interesting me.

To be fair, I'm really not a fan of VN or dating sims and Hades is nothing like them. You just have the unique opportunity to create some unique love interests is all. It's just mostly a Roguelike where you get to have fun making broken builds of abilities from the gods (Oh man, every time I attack my weapon stacks poison on enemies, heals me, and makes enemies explode for AoE freezing/slowing damage when they die!).

But as it's often said, to each their own.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

That's just it, I also don't like most of the things in that list on their own. But somehow you put them all together in Hades, add in a snarky British Greek lad, an equally colorful cast of characters that include Medusa's severed head, Achilles, Chaos itself, a whole slew of gods and goddesses, a real bro of a Minotaur and his asshole friend, etc and it's just a blast.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    there I was, innocently being innocent in chat, when I was suddenly....
    MONSTERED BY A MONSTER!
    YVvNHPC.jpg
    much thanks @Pixelated Pixie for the rats! <3<3<3

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I WAS JUST MONSTERED AGAIN BY ANOTHER MONSTER!
    VTOeh14.png
    SPOILER: IT WORKED!
    much thanks @Fonjo for Frostpunk! <3<3<3

Zavian on
This discussion has been closed.