As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The FORBIDDEN DOOR has opened in the [wrestling] thread

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Just watched most of Elevation. I know it's probably too early to put the belt on him, and we have to tolerate the current story a bit longer, but the crowd for Jungle Boy even during a non-TV/PPV match is just incredible and I hope they take advantage of it. It was a fun match too - I admittedly really like the Wingmen - but just amazing the reaction he gets now they have a full audience.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hangman, still the best

6fxwqknw5l271.jpg

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    nooooo

E2yCQFiXEAEX5lF?format=jpg&name=medium

kitamiya and nakajima got in a fight and now they're in a cage match with the loser losing their hair

please don't do this to my friend nakajima :'/

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    If Nakajima loses does he have to shave that mustache as well?

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Btw I'm still cheesed at how they made OC's finisher the Orange Punch instead of his mousetrap pin.

Having a wrestler whose finisher is really just a complicated and obnoxious rollup that he'd use after getting the shit beaten out of him for 15 minutes was one of the things I really loved about OC.

definitely seems like a made-for-tv kind of choice...

i dont love it because it imparts the idea that the solution all along was to simply punch the guy really hard which... of course, why didn't the other wrestlers think of that!

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    WWE announced they'd hired a couple new executives, with the big one being the hiring of Jamie Horowitz as the new head of WWE Digital.

It's fascinating, cause Horowitz was at one time a media genius, including being the driving creative force behind the modern sports talk show with First Take and Sports Nation, and his work at DAZN prior seems pretty good, but he's also the guy who tanked Fox Sports with his "pivot to video" strategy.

Oh, and he was fired from Fox not for shitting the bed strategically, but due to a sexual harassment allegation (which for fairness sake I will mention was never investigated and his lawyer says is meritless but cmonnnnnnnnnnnnnn).

So he'll probably fit right in.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    "Pivot to video" was uh...largely Facebook's fault for flat out lying about numbers

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Btw I'm still cheesed at how they made OC's finisher the Orange Punch instead of his mousetrap pin.

Having a wrestler whose finisher is really just a complicated and obnoxious rollup that he'd use after getting the shit beaten out of him for 15 minutes was one of the things I really loved about OC.

definitely seems like a made-for-tv kind of choice...

i dont love it because it imparts the idea that the solution all along was to simply punch the guy really hard which... of course, why didn't the other wrestlers think of that!

https://youtu.be/C8yC02d7UZY?t=408

5:44, then 6:48, then 10:43

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Asuka did mocap for Virtua Fighter 5, never knew that

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    "A Week in the Life... Edith Surreal" is up on iwtv. Once again, like the rest of the series, a highly recommended watch.

The foundation of the doc is she's transitioning her gender as well as her character. She also catches some great footage of pandemic/no-fans shows and lots of gorgeous Philly street shots. And her day-job is as a graphic designer so she's just GEEKING OUT about fonts throughout.

Also Kevin the Dog is super cute and needs to stop peeing on his outfits.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    "Pivot to video" was uh...largely Facebook's fault for flat out lying about numbers

So Horowitz isn't incompetent, he's just an incompetent sucker?

• Options
    Shadowen wrote: »

Sure, but he's far from the only one. Facebook lying about their numbers crippled a lot of sites

• Options
    Shadowen wrote: »

Sure, but he's far from the only one. Facebook lying about their numbers crippled a lot of sites

Not just a lot

It changed EVERYTHING cause everyone thought video was the way

• Options
    Meltzer says AEW let Shanna and Awesome Kongs contracts expire

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Fightful has learned that WWE is planning more cost-cutting, possibly as early as this week. We've spoken with WWE sources all across the company that have major names that were being considered for the cuts. There is an ongoing list, though in the recent past, WWE has changed their mind on cutting certain people at the last minute. Fightful will keep you up to date on the news as we can, and work to find out more of the how and why.

Out of respect to those, we won't be revealing those involved until they're informed themselves.

• Options
    This brand has done everything in their power to make YOU feel special. You got the cool music, you got the lights, you got the fog machine, you got the girl. You know what they do to make Adam Cole feel special? They ring the freaking bell. On your best day you couldn’t lace my boots. You can’t hang with me, you’re not on my level, and anybody who watches pro wrestling knows that. You are not special, I’m special. You are just the guy who has my property.

Ok, which of you wrote Adam Cole's promo about Karrion Kross tonight?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Ouch. I mean, he's not wrong.

Kross is "Generic CAW #42705" with a cool entrance.

He's Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch without the "we busted our asses to get where we are and got over through hard work, not cool tattoos or a light show".

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I don't know that I would call Kross' film student perfume commercial cool. It's more like something an annoying musical theater kid who has never watched wrestling would come up with if they had other entrances described to them by somebody who was drunk at a party. I mean Scarlett panto singing alone puts it in the category of "what if Taichi's entrance took itself too seriously." In a way that kinda fits perfectly because Kross is like a wrestler as imagined by a non-fan. He looks like a giant Ed Norton from American History X without the swastika tattoo and his moves consist entirely of punches and kicks and at least four things that theater kid would call a bodyslam.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Fightful has learned that WWE is planning more cost-cutting, possibly as early as this week. We've spoken with WWE sources all across the company that have major names that were being considered for the cuts. There is an ongoing list, though in the recent past, WWE has changed their mind on cutting certain people at the last minute. Fightful will keep you up to date on the news as we can, and work to find out more of the how and why.

Out of respect to those, we won't be revealing those involved until they're informed themselves.

There is definitely a feel coming off them that they are angling to sell the whole thing, or at the very least I wouldn't be surprised. Given Vince's age and the way the Network rolling into Peacock went down.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular

Fightful has learned the following WWE wrestlers have been released.

- Braun Strowman
    - Aleister Black
    - Ruby Riott
    - Lana
    - Santana Garrett
    - Buddy Murphy

Some unexpected names.

• Options
    A lot of expected names on there really, but Braun being released is a bit of a shock considering he just got a major Mania match victory against a McMahon.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Expected names? I've not been watching WWE for ages but Braun is their big dude, yeah they've absolutely always treated him like he's second best to their chosen ones like Roman and Brock, but still, and they just started to push Black didn't they?

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Black was just brought back 2 weeks ago and looked to be feuding with Big E.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    and they just started to push Black didn't they?
    Yeah, I thought he was returning / getting a small push? And wasn't there talk that they rehired Zelina?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    LOL

what the fuck is even going on with that company

• Options
    Them releasing Braun I think really indicated either they see his forward potential as dead or some there is backstage reason.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Them releasing Braun I think really indicated either they see his forward potential as dead or some there is backstage reason.

They neutered him by pulling a Bray and always having him lose, and also making him act like he was a fucking train. Imagine Undertaker moving his arm in a circle and then running around the ring just knocking people comically over.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Braun is so completely out of nowhere that I'm really wondering if something big or weird went down.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Kyougu wrote: »

Fightful has learned the following WWE wrestlers have been released.

- Braun Strowman
    - Aleister Black
    - Ruby Riott
    - Lana
    - Santana Garrett
    - Buddy Murphy

Some unexpected names.

Why Ruby and not (also) Liv?

EDIT: not that I wanted to see Liv gone, but of the two she's not the one I would've kept had I been forced to make that call

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Tony Khan, hear me:

Please don't hire Braun Strowman. Let him go be a choo choo train somewhere else.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Seems like people are speculating this is cutting some kind of fat for a sale

• Options
    Everyone but Braun makes some amount of sense to me. Doesn't mean it's not shitty, but most of those people they never figured out what to do with and a lot of them will probably be better off elsewhere.

No idea what happened with Braun, aside from them maybe not being satisfied with what he's done in all of the big matches they've given him. Even then, the timing is weird.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    out of all those i think ruby is the most upsetting. they never did right by her

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Tony Khan, hear me:

Please don't hire Braun Strowman. Let him go be a choo choo train somewhere else.

Yeah fuck Braun the asshole who attacked people not being able to afford their bills when everything shutdown can sit on his ass and spend his money.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Whippy wrote: »
    out of all those i think ruby is the most upsetting. they never did right by her

I agree 1000% but she has a free ticket to AEW I think if she wants, her experience is invaluable.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Apparently as of today it’s 94 days until All Out. Just putting that out there.

This discussion has been closed.