As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The FORBIDDEN DOOR has opened in the [wrestling] thread

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    How likely is Lana to go to AEW once she's able to to join Miro, and to take Ruby with her?

...and is it just me, or does WWE not know what to do with big guys other than try to turn them into great big choo-choo trains that don't know how to do much of anything but be a choo-choo train in the ring? (I mean, unless they're big muscular roided-up Brock-types who get belts to hold onto for ever and ever and ever?)

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    They let Braun beat Goldberg clean and had him be the annual Shane Wrestlemania feud and still let him go.

Shit’s WEIRD

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Usual caveats apply, but apparently the people backstage weren't surprised Braun got released. He really cashed in on that pre-pandemic resigning craze WWE went through and was on a deal that was paying him over a million a year. With that in context it makes sense they were willing to part with him.

I'd also say that's a "for now" because of everyone on that list, Braun feels like the one most likely to end up back in WWE sooner rather than later.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Usual caveats apply, but apparently the people backstage weren't surprised Braun got released. He really cashed in on that pre-pandemic resigning craze WWE went through and was on a deal that was paying him over a million a year. With that in context it makes sense they were willing to part with him.

I'd also say that's a "for now" because of everyone on that list, Braun feels like the one most likely to end up back in WWE sooner rather than later.

If that is the perception, I wonder if that is going to damage WWE in talent negotiations going forward. One of the big appeals they made when they were in those bidding wars with AEW was to their stability. I wonder if talent will be so eager to swallow that line with object examples that those big money deals are anything but stable - first with the Good Brothers, and now with Braun.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    A lot of WWE guys probably won't work that well in AEW anyway because they only know how to wrestle the WWE style. They've got good charisma, but just like the jump between WWF and WCW was tough because the in ring style works differently in AEW and WWE teaches them to play to the camera and sell way too long.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    A lot of WWE guys probably won't work that well in AEW anyway because they only know how to wrestle the WWE style. They've got good charisma, but just like the jump between WWF and WCW was tough because the in ring style works differently in AEW and WWE teaches them to play to the camera and sell way too long.

That is like the opposite of the problem with WWE style. People barely sell anything. An opponent will target a limb all match because some producer read once that is what you do in wrasslin'. Then it is comeback time and the limb/body work is never acknowledged again.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »

That is like the opposite of the problem with WWE style. People barely sell anything. An opponent will target a limb all match because some producer read once that is what you do in wrasslin'. Then it is comeback time and the limb/body work is never acknowledged again.

To say nothing of how do you play to a camera that's switching angles every 10 seconds?

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Free match! And holy moly it's a great one.

Title vs Title Match - HARASHIMA (Extreme Champion) vs Konosuke Takeshita (KO-D Openweight Champion), DDT Ultimate Party 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwHsfvVp5LU

After a humiliating loss in New York City and being briefly separated from the KO-D title, TakeChamp is back and ready to show everyone why he's the young Ace of DDT. Meanwhile, HARASHIMA isn't quite ready to admit that Takeshita has surpassed him as the top guy and is going to win this match or die trying. Which he may, because even though Take doesn't cheat, he's certainly not above fighting nasty. Especially when his ego gets this big.

Just a fantastic fight, with lots of important little interactions between the two guys in the match and their units on the outside. Also a very touching moment involving HARASHIMA's longtime rival, KUDO.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, I just saw Ricardo Rodriguez share that on facebook and I watched it several times in a row.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Some notes on the WWE releases from Meltzer from over on /r/SquaredCircle
    Cliff notes of Meltzer's thoughts on WWE's recent cuts
    • WWE made a list, and these were the six people Vince "had nothing for"
    • They all have 90 day non competes
    • Reasons for Braun's cut include injuries, huge salary, and influx of new toys (Aziz, Omos, Shanky).
      ...if you remember when Strowman came, Big Show was obsolete. They put him in there with Strowman to get him over and had some great matches. The problem is, Omos isn't as good as Strowman, and Strowman isn't as good as Big Show.
    • They expressed to me that Strowman was "two years past his peak with a huge salary"
    • Strowman vs Omos was avoided because it would suck
      Vince has a narrow view of what wrestling is. Black's style is not what Vince thinks wrestling is. Murphy's style is like Omega, isn't what Vince thinks wrestling is. And I can tell you, unless Omega changed his style to a WWE style Vince would not get it.
    • Lana was a great manager, she'd be solid reunited with Rusev, but he's unsure if AEW wants to retread that act
    • Praises Ruby, Murphy, and Black, says they'd make it in any promotion. Thinks Murphy is a great fit for Impact.
    • Dave thought it was funny that Black contradicted himself with his "going to NXT" story. Understands you have to "kiss Vince's ass" on the way out to negotiate another contract in the future.
    • No clue what Braun will do, says Impact would "die to have him". Strowmans previous comments indicates he thinks WWE is the only worthwhile promotion. He might wait and come back for less money.
    • Not sure if AEW's a good fit, asks if Strowman is fine putting over a guy like Wardlow. Wonders if Braun would have good matches in AEW. Meltzer brings up Samoa Joe and Bryan as a better investments.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Some notes on the WWE releases from Meltzer from over on /r/SquaredCircle
    Cliff notes of Meltzer's thoughts on WWE's recent cuts
    • WWE made a list, and these were the six people Vince "had nothing for"
    • They all have 90 day non competes
    • Reasons for Braun's cut include injuries, huge salary, and influx of new toys (Aziz, Omos, Shanky).
      ...if you remember when Strowman came, Big Show was obsolete. They put him in there with Strowman to get him over and had some great matches. The problem is, Omos isn't as good as Strowman, and Strowman isn't as good as Big Show.
    • They expressed to me that Strowman was "two years past his peak with a huge salary"
    • Strowman vs Omos was avoided because it would suck
      Vince has a narrow view of what wrestling is. Black's style is not what Vince thinks wrestling is. Murphy's style is like Omega, isn't what Vince thinks wrestling is. And I can tell you, unless Omega changed his style to a WWE style Vince would not get it.
    • Lana was a great manager, she'd be solid reunited with Rusev, but he's unsure if AEW wants to retread that act
    • Praises Ruby, Murphy, and Black, says they'd make it in any promotion. Thinks Murphy is a great fit for Impact.
    • Dave thought it was funny that Black contradicted himself with his "going to NXT" story. Understands you have to "kiss Vince's ass" on the way out to negotiate another contract in the future.
    • No clue what Braun will do, says Impact would "die to have him". Strowmans previous comments indicates he thinks WWE is the only worthwhile promotion. He might wait and come back for less money.
    • Not sure if AEW's a good fit, asks if Strowman is fine putting over a guy like Wardlow. Wonders if Braun would have good matches in AEW. Meltzer brings up Samoa Joe and Bryan as a better investments.

Strowman was two years past his peak only in they never ran with him. God that’s so shitty.

• Options
    Vince is such a carny piece of trash.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Jungle Boy shares his first figure on Instagram, with one of his late father's.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Who hasn't predicted an inevitable Gangrel vs G-Raver match
    @hailtothekale tell Jeff, I'm too lazy to remember how to tag some with a space in their name

Magell on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    FUCK, I NEVER PICKED UP MY FRIEND'S USED VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE BOOK

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    the dream of getting a Vampire the Masquerade book signed by Gangrel has again slipped through my fingers

• Options
    That could be a featured match on Blackcraft Wrestling: Back From Tha Dead

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Tomorrow night is Cyberfight Festival on Wrestle Universe

Preshow:
    From Tokyo Joshi: Mirai Maiumi, Suzume, Haruna Neko, Arisu Endo and Moka Miyamoto vs Nao Kakuta, Raku, Pom Harajuku, Mahiro Kiryu and Kaya Toribami in Toribami's debut match
    Yoshiaki Yatsu, Toru Owashi, Kazuki Hirata, Makoto Oishi, Saki Akai, Antonio Honda, Yusuke Okada, Yuya Koroku, Yuji Hino, Muhammad Yone, Shuhei Taniguchi, Akitoshi Saito, Masao Inoue, Yuna Manase and Shu Sakurai in a delayed entry battle royal with the winner's prize provided by the CyberAgent Group
    From Ganbare: Ken Ohka, Keisuke Ishii and Shota vs Shuichiro Katsumata, Koki Iwasaki and Yumehito Imanari

Yuki Iino and Toi Kojima vs Junta Miyawaki and Kinya Okada in a DDT vs NOAH match
    From Tokyo Joshi: Rika Tatsumi & Miu Watanabe vs Shoko Nakajima & Hyper Misao and Nodoka Tenma & Yuki Aino in a triple threat
    Danshoku Dieno and Super Sasadango Machine vs Takashi Sugiura and Kazushi Sakuraba in a DDT vs NOAH match
    Hideki Okatani vs Masa Kitamiya in a DDT vs NOAH match
    From Tokyo Joshi: Hikari Noa, Mizuki and Yuki Arai vs Maki Itoh, Yuki Kamifuku and Marika Kobashi
    From NOAH: Atsushi Kotoge, Daisuke Harada and Hajime Ohara vs Yoshinari Ogawa, Seiki Yoshioka and HAYATA
    From DDT: Daisuke Sasaki, Tetsuya Endo and Soma Takao (with Mad Paulie) vs MAO, Chris Brookes and Shunma Katsumata
    Sanshiro Takagi, Akito, Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi, Naomi Yoshimura and Yukio Naya vs Kenoh, Katsuhiro Nakajima, Manabu Soya, Haoh, Nioh and Tadasuke in a DDT vs Kongo full-on warfare match
    Konosuke Takeshita and Yuki Ueno vs Kaito Kiyomiya and Yoshiki Inamura in a DDT vs NOAH match
    Miyu Yamashita defends the Princess title against Yuka Sakazaki
    Jun Akiyama defends the KO-D Openweight title against HARASHIMA
    Keiji Muto defends the GHC title against Naomichi Marufuji

• Options
    poor Hideki Okatani, what did he do to deserve the beating he's about to receive

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    FUCK, I NEVER PICKED UP MY FRIEND'S USED VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE BOOK

YOU HAD ONE JOB

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    FYI Tommy End is live on twitch talking to fans on Thea Trinidad's channel

Goose! on
  • Options
    Penta wearing the double mask to prevent the Bucks from unmasking him would have been awesome if he hadn't a minute later stood there while his teammate got pinned.

• Options
    ANDRADE!!!!

• Options
  • Options
    Production is a MESS tonight

• Options
    JR just called Andrade 'Andre' so that's a great way to present your hot new star.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Ogogo is still pretty green, but he definitely has it. He's gonna be a star, it's only a matter of time.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    HOW DO YOU LET QT PIN CODY

WHOS BOOKING THIS CRAP

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    QT is very clearly being portrayed as a delusional idiot. He just fell on Cody after Ogogo decked him.

• Options
    So how long is this whole IC/Pinnacle thing going to go?

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    So how long is this whole IC/Pinnacle thing going to go?

Jericho has made it clear its a slow burn

• Options
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Dr. Luther showing respect for his fellow medical professional.

• Options
    Hope that backstage segment is leading to Elite vs Death Triangle, Mox, and Kingston.

• Options
    I watch a lot of Lucha and that Red Velvet dive was the scariest landing I've ever seen

• Options
    Hope that backstage segment is leading to Elite vs Death Triangle, Mox, and Kingston.

ALMOST! had it right

I assume mox is off for a month to be with renee and impending babby

This discussion has been closed.