Options

[Overwatch 2] OWCS Stage 1 Qualifiers in March

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Be sure to watch the first map of Seoul/Shanghai if you like seeing Lucio boops.

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Be sure to watch the first map of Seoul/Shanghai if you like seeing Lucio boops.

Wow.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Yeah LJG has gotten a lot of shit over the last couple seasons for playing overly aggressive/reckless but man without that kind of playstyle you just wouldn't get those kinds of crazy awesome moments

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I hope Vancouver was taking notes. Gotta get those breadsticks.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    APAC picks
    NYXL anti-choke? Who saw that happening?

Leejaegon inevitable. Everyone saw that happening.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    HOU/DAL
    I don't know who decided to play Brig over Lucio but they should get fired.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Atlanta/San Francisco
    What is happening?

• Options
    Atlanta/San Francisco
    what

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Atlanta/San Francisco
    what
    Maybe shoot the Echo?????

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    NA region tourney
    looking at the scorelines, are any of these matches even worth going back to watch? Seems like they were all pretty one-sided affairs.

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    NA region tourney
    looking at the scorelines, are any of these matches even worth going back to watch? Seems like they were all pretty one-sided affairs.
    the openers were pretty sad, but dallas/glads was a much closer match than the scoreline looks, at least up until junkertown. I only saw the last map of SFS/ATL, but it looked like a poor showing.

a little bummed that shock dropped so fast, it looked like they were finally recovering from the last tourney. not sure what's up with them - maybe crusty's current assistant coaches aren't quite as good as the old ones? part of me is now wishing that moth had stayed with shock, not that fdgod is doing bad per se but I think maybe there are one too many changes that are messing them up (and the glads arent looking particularly great either).

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    NA region tourney
    SFS/ATL is worth it to see Pelican pounding, he's extremely good at Echo and this is the first match I know of where he's truly popped off. Lots of potential there.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    NA region tourney
    SFS/ATL is worth it to see Pelican pounding, he's extremely good at Echo and this is the first match I know of where he's truly popped off. Lots of potential there.

There's some entertaining stuff in this match aside from that too.
    Kai pops off, Atlanta C9s twice on the same map

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking about my bracket and I'm seriously considering doing the dumb thing of having Dallas over Shanghai in the winner's bracket but then having Shanhai over Dallas in the loser's bracket after Dallas is boomed by Atlanta.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    I've chosen to believe in Shanghai this time around. Leejaegon will boop everyone off the server.

• Options
    It really comes down to who's meta you think is better. Atlanta has proven that neogoats can be broken up, do we think Shanghai is good enough to pull that off? Probably. It still feels like a coin flip though.

• Options
    Agreed. I think you could make a case for pretty much any of the four teams. NYXL is probably the weakest, but who the fuck knows.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    i'm probably still gonna go for dallas, just because i think they have shown more willingness/ability to flex on the spot instead of running the same thing until it works like most teams. a few things that stand out for me for dallas:
    - every team that picked hanamura against them, lost hanamura against them - this isn't really a strong point, but it does show that they can take the fight on opponent's map picks
    - they won junkertown against gladiators, which is normally a hitscan heavy map, and they still aren't playing pine
    - no one seems to handle the sparkle doomfist/genji very well
    - they are really, really good at neogoats

so the question for me is who makes it out of the lower bracket - this is where not watching the apac games is gonna bite me... but i'm leaning towards a rematch of shanghai/dallas in the finals.

mightyjongyo on
  • Options

YES YES YES

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    overwatch is saved

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Cross-play is coming to all platforms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoAxB9xbajg

Cross-play FAQ is here

Highlights: Competitive modes will have no cross-play between PC and consoles. Console players can opt-out of cross-play, but PC players cannot. No cross-progression at launch.

Baidol on
  • Options
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    Cross-play is coming to all platforms

snip

Cross-play FAQ is here

Highlights: Competitive modes will have no cross-play between PC and consoles. Console players can opt-out of cross-play, but PC players cannot. No cross-progression at launch.

For clarity, console has competitive crossplay between other consoles which is pretty huge for those player bases. PC only plays comp with PC.

• Options
    That Widow skin looks straight out of Diablo.

• Options
    Quick clipshow to clear out the month

https://youtu.be/JZbNmv_LqjU

Also, I'm going all NA finals for the June Joust. Nothing can go wrong.

• Options
    A highlight from the night

https://youtu.be/90qQFI6Ai8w

• Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    I still can't believe that worked.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    time to see if my saltybet bracket can go 2 for 2 on tourneys, my grand finals are SHD 4 - 2 ATL

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ATL/NYXL
    That went about how I expected.

• Options
    time to see if my saltybet bracket can go 2 for 2 on tourneys, my grand finals are SHD 4 - 2 ATL

I actually have the exact same final as you, but after watching the vods from last week I'm afraid I've extremely underrated Dallas and I'm gonna pay for it

that being said, if I'm right somehow, I'm gonna look like a friggin' genius

• Options
    june journament
    yeah im pretty happy with picking NA for the finals and dallas winning it all

• Options
    General OWL results
    Other than giving Shanghai a map, a good Pick'em day for me.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    DAL/SHD
    That was much worse than expected. I think Atlanta probably does beat Shanghai but Dallas look unbreakable. Remember at the beginning of the season when Rush said they would set the meta after Xzi left and everyone was wondering how they were gonna compete without a hitscan player? *Gestures at first half of season*

SirToasty on
  • Options
    june journament
    Yeah... Yeah. Welp, gonna have to make up these lost points next tourney I guess! Dallas is just...so fucking good, goddamn. I honestly don't think we're gonna see Pine this season until Dallas actually starts losing, which...might just not happen.

• Options
    i thought the apac teams would at least take some maps *cough* shanghai looking at you *cough* but wow today was saaad

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Overwatch is an anime, pt 87

This is gonna be the ending credits on the broadcast today:

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    DAL/ATL
    Atlanta put up a fight and look like they can handle Shanghai fairly easily so I think I miss that pick. Dallas still almost impervious and I feel pretty good about my finals scoreline since the loser doesn't matter. I finished pick 'ems in 6th after the May Melee but I'm leading the June Joust to keep me in contention.

• Options
    My picks for this week were really bad.
    I assumed Atlanta would plank like they usually do and Shanghai would be better than they are.

• Options
    My June Joust picks might save me after I failed to change my pick on the Hunters/Spark double point game a few weeks back.