Options

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2023
    First off:
    https://youtu.be/uyMxQl-PeJE?si=kUwxawnsWHakomf5

I call hax, she's not forced to wear school uniform :P (please, for the love of God fix this in the DLC Gamefreak)

Finally got my Mewtwo this weekend. Ah yes, I had forgotten how stupidly buggy the tera raid system is... Sigh.. Is it too much to ask to at least not skip clearing debuff or clearing our buffs messages?? Would prefer not skipping half the Calm Minds as well but baby steps :p

DLC on the way very soon (in like a week and a half, it's crazy), hoping it fixes the net code but not holding my breath. But hey, Sword and Shield DLC did make improvements to those raids so maybe? *shrug*

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Crazier than a week and a half away. DLC drops this Wednesday

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Kizmitt wrote: »
    Crazier than a week and a half away. DLC drops this Wednesday

Crazier than that, since it comes out Wednesday morning in Japan and it's supposed to be a global release it could unlock sometime Tuesday evening.

Also yeah I did the Mewtwo and used the Bug Tera Mew method and got it on the second try with a good group of randoms. Probably would have gotten it on the first try but after I changed my Mew's Tera type and EV trained it to hell and back I entered the raid and realized
    I forgot to level it up to 100, it was level 15 so I kept dying over and over
    . Oops. Apologies to the other people in that raid

• Options
    edited September 2023
    DLC is pretty fun so far. Only played for an hour or two but was enjoying it. Man tho, playing again reminded me of two things - one, this game is optimized like absolute shit (honestly the DLC feels worse, like, Casseroya Lake levels of slowdown constantly) and the next game seriously better include voice acting.

But was having fun. Everything starts at like level 55 which feels awkward. I had to quickly abandon my entire party because level 100s were making it absolutely trivial. Which means now I'm stuck with like, fairy/bug types in areas full of poison and flying :P (Hey Ribombee has Quiver Dance!) I hope my options open up more soon because I honestly would rather not be using so many gen 1 pokemon. I wanna use stuff I haven't really used before and gen 1 is just boring. But Ninetails is the only fire type they're giving me so bleh.

Also NPC spoilers
    O'Nare and Billy are 100% Nemona's parents, right? Pretty sure they were datamined in the base game as such, so nice to see essentially cut content :3 At least, I think so...of course now that I look I can't find them at all T_T

Edit: Ah there it is: https://www.gamepur.com/news/pokemon-scarlet-and-violet-dataminers-discover-potential-dlc-expansion-content-in-the-form-of-unused-npcs

Maybe always meant to be DLC, just something found in the base game :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I don't really care about voice acting myself, but yeah the optimization is rough.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Was going to say how noticeable the slow down was. Don't really remember most of the main game being that bad. Hopefully they'll have patch it soon.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »
    Was going to say how noticeable the slow down was. Don't really remember most of the main game being that bad. Hopefully they'll have patch it soon.

Yeah it's extremely rough to the point I was like "did they just say fuck it and optimize this for Switch 2?"

• Options
    I like in the beginning of the DLC that
    they say multiple times that the group chosen for this very neat study abroad program was picked at random. Like, not only am I a champion, I'm the champion of the Champion Tournament and I saved the world from a crazy evil robot, and I only got to go on this special school trip by luck? And you're sending 3 nobodies with me instead of other champions?

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Chall wrote: »
    they say multiple times that the group chosen for this very neat study abroad program was picked at random. Like, not only am I a champion, I'm the champion of the Champion Tournament and I saved the world from a crazy evil robot, and I only got to go on this special school trip by luck? And you're sending 3 nobodies with me instead of other champions?

Technically you don't need to beat the game to play the DLC, so...

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

They should still know that I'm the most special boy

• Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    So they didn't take the opportunity to fix their shit with the dlc? Figures, disappointing.
    This is the only main Pokemon game I've skipped, I wonder when they'll release a game I want to play again.

3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options

Not gonna lie, I forget the exact phrasing of the NPCs but I was sort of thinking the same thing. The game super acts like you are no one special IIRC and I'm like, "Uh, I am kinda one of the Champions of the region.. at a minimum that's special... not to mention hero of Area Zero and the one who handled Team Star" :P I know it's cuz you can technically do the DLC before beating the game but I found it kind of funny :D Feels like one of those situations where they aught to have tweaked the dialog slightly based on "is flag elite4 set?" etc :P

• Options
    A bigger deal should be made about the raidons at least. Just some npc reaction text while you ride it through town would go a long way.

• Options
    edited September 2023
    A bigger deal should be made about the raidons at least. Just some npc reaction text while you ride it through town would go a long way.

Not gonna lie, I thought the DLC was going to disable them at first because it flat out does not let you mount at the start (and then you'd have to do something to get them back or else you just can't mount at all). But no, they just silently re-enable them after. Haha. It was kind of a weird thing to me. I guess they don't want you wandering too far at the beginning but also:
    NPC - "Can you go tell them that we're here and there's someone who is ill?"
    Me - "Sure, just lemme catch like 30 Pokemon quick and I'll get right on that..."

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    As soon as I could get on Miraidon again I just noped off to catch stuff, absolutely.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Oh also, if you haven't yet try to buy something at the shop in the starting town with LP :3 That made me laugh pretty hard.

• Options
    Would it be so hard to give the three generic students who came with you names?
    I guess that would imply they are then characters who would need stories and marketing but not every named npc needs to be plot relevant Pokemon
    And sick kid that requires you to go off on your own seems kind of plot relevant anyway.

At least there's new pokemon to catch.
    Oh the dex is already half filled? Thats cool...
    And then you get an egg that hatches into a pokemon not even in the dex!
    Filling the dex is the only thing I like about these games, come on!

• Options
    Guys they gave (move spoiler for a returning starter Pokemon)
    Shell Smash to Toterra as an egg-move.

This is amazing and terrifying and I need to use it.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I had forgot about the xpacs lol. Gonna have fun this weekend! This pokemon ranks in the top 3 for me even with the issues with it.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Man, Fezandipiti is particularly annoying to catch

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Carmine is a gigantic asshole at the start and kind of an idiot for thinking she's unbeatable with a team of three unevolved Pokemon, but at least she warms up to you fast.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    As soon as I could get on Miraidon again I just noped off to catch stuff, absolutely.

Yeah, but they lock the in-game clock so you can't catch the Pokemon only available at night.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    As soon as it hit night I ran off to get the night pokemon but it wasn't night enough so had to progress a little further in the story

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    The real-life Kitakami is just south of Hokkaido, so assuming the geography lines up the same way it makes sense there's a lot of Sinnoh Pokemon around.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The DLC is annoyingly structured.
    Also Keiran is a budding school shooter

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

I finished the DLC story and man, making the plot that
    you hurt a little kid's feelings over and over and over again until he vows revenge against you was a bit of a bummer. I guess we'll see where this goes in the next one.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

I finished the DLC story and man, making the plot that
    you hurt a little kid's feelings over and over and over again until he vows revenge against you was a bit of a bummer. I guess we'll see where this goes in the next one.
    Really, the issue is that you're not allowed to just tell Carmine to fuck off and get over herself.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Personally, I'm waiting for him to leave Konoha Blueberry Academy and join Orochimaru Team Galactic.
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    The real-life Kitakami is just south of Hokkaido, so assuming the geography lines up the same way it makes sense there's a lot of Sinnoh Pokemon around.

Yeah, from Googling, it's about halfway between Kanto and Hokkaido, so it would have a mix of gen 1 and gen 4 Pokemon.

Zython on
  • Options
    Hey for anyone like me trying to catch the Legit Sinistcha, I learned that Scarlet and Violet were updated so that there are separate Outbreaks for each form of Pokemon with form differences. So you can hunt for a Legit Sinistcha outbreak where every one is the real form, I caught about 20. I just wanted to share this in case other people were trying to get both forms

https://youtu.be/8eWyl3tUGYs?si=jCxA5L8llBYuqv7N

• Options
    Beat the Teal Mask story, caught the Loyal Three.

Okidogi was the easiest, might have just gotten really lucky with the catch RNG. Munkidori was really tough, I relied on an Amoongus for Spore, and its combination of poison and psychic attacks did a lot of damage to my team; needed three or four tries to get it. Fezandipiti took a while what with it having Roost to heal itself, but its attacks couldn't hurt my team very much so I was able to cycle damage dealers in and out and get it one (very long) try.

• Options
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Beat the Teal Mask story, caught the Loyal Three.

Okidogi was the easiest, might have just gotten really lucky with the catch RNG. Munkidori was really tough, I relied on an Amoongus for Spore, and its combination of poison and psychic attacks did a lot of damage to my team; needed three or four tries to get it. Fezandipiti took a while what with it having Roost to heal itself, but its attacks couldn't hurt my team very much so I was able to cycle damage dealers in and out and get it one (very long) try.

Munkidori
    Only has Psychic and Poison attacks, so if you bring a Bisharp or Kingambit it is completely unable to do damage

• Options
    Perrin quest

The "Alpha Pokemon is near" music playing as the Bloodmoon Ursaluna approached made my heart skip a beat.

• Options
    They added a lot of trade evo pokemon in this DLC but thanks to raids I didn't need to trade a single thing. Dex complete.

• Options
    They added a lot of trade evo pokemon in this DLC but thanks to raids I didn't need to trade a single thing. Dex complete.

That, and Pokemon home. Though I still need to evolve some shinnies.

• Options
    So far in the DLC I caught a wild shiny Mudbrae and I encountered a shiny Geodude but he used Explosion on the first turn and I hadn't saved. 😢

• Options
    I found a shiny jangmo-o and I looked at it and then looked at my love ball and weighed up my options but just threw a quick ball and now I have regrets. A love ball would have been perfect for it. Oh well.

• Options
    So far in the DLC I caught a wild shiny Mudbrae and I encountered a shiny Geodude but he used Explosion on the first turn and I hadn't saved. 😢

Koffing at the levels you find them at have both explosion AND momento. It's awful!

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    2 away from completing the Kitikami dex
    Still haven't finished Paldea lol

Regional variants dont count fyi ( which I dont recall being a thing before)so it has to be bloodmoon Ursaluna not one from Arceus

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I think Wooper is the same way