Options

The MCU Multiverse Appreciation Station [Open Spoilers]

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    if i had a time machine, i would destroy the fabric of space and time by constantly going back further and further to see how early in humanity's history i could make nu metal a thing

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    if i had a time machine, i would destroy the fabric of space and time by constantly going back further and further to see how early in humanity's history i could make nu metal a thing

I bet it'll really fuck up the Bronze Age when you introduce a new metal

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I could never ever be trusted to be sent back in time, I'd take the first opportunity to "write" a bunch of Beatles songs

Ah, the documentary Yesterday

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Chall wrote: »

the serfs in the fields be lovin' this shit right here

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular

S T E E L IS KILLIN' IT! RIGHT HERE.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

Sure, they love crowd serfing.

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    Me bringing my metal to Medieval serfs:

Dig through the ditches

Serfs: already on it bro

Burn through the witches

Serfs: yeah we get you, already on it
    I'm not good with music genres but I googled if Rob Zombie was nu metal and it said maybe

Chall on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I'm hoping The Marvels doesn't suck but keeping my expectations really low.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Review embargo ends tomorrow but it seems that really impressions are positive.

Also the post credit scenes leaked. HUGE SPOILERS.
    First one involves Monica being stuck in another universe that has the X Men. Beast pops up played by Kelsey Grammer.

Second one is Kate Bishop and Kamala talking about getting a group of young heroes together.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Review embargo ends tomorrow but it seems that really impressions are positive.

Also the post credit scenes leaked. HUGE SPOILERS.
    First one involves Monica being stuck in another universe that has the X Men. Beast pops up played by Kelsey Grammer.

Second one is Kate Bishop and Kamala talking about getting a group of young heroes together.
    that's the X-Man you get??

• Options
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Nice, I would like it very much if the three characters I really like were in a fun movie that is good!

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    A bit late but i'll always be vaguely disappointed in Daredevil s2 for not having a scene where Punisher miniguns a bunch of ninja

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Nice, I would like it very much if the three characters I really like were in a fun movie that is good!

arkg77ltet5c.jpg

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Tangent, but with Martin and Short being BFFs and generally held in good esteem as far as celebrities go, and with Chase being such a notorious shitbag, it makes me wonder if the two have ever told stories in later years about how awful he was to work with or how they'd take turns dunking on him or whatever.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Probably not publicly, considering how popular he is/was

Now if he did something at the Weinstein level, probably would come out. He hasn't, has he?

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    They talk about how much he sucks pretty publicly, even in the press for only murders

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    As expected, MCU delays due to aftermath of strikes.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Goddamn those selfish actors and their iron grip on the release calendar. They learned this filthy behavior by watching writers.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    I'll gladly wait on content if it means people are getting their due worth.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    I saw The Marvels last night, and it was a fun time. Solid 7.5/10, would watch again. I think I liked it better than the first Captain Marvel. I can see why some people would have problems with it, though. It is essentially a buddy comedy with some good action scenes, which could turn some people off if they were expecting something with any kind of gravitas. For example (minor spoiler for the villain's plan/motivation):
    The villain's plan is pretty much the same as the villains from Space Balls. Just replace the giant maid robot with wormholes. The giant maid robot would have also fit the tone of this movie just fine, though.

If the humor works for you, then you'll have a great time. If it doesn't, then at least the movie has some good fights and isn't long, I suppose.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Cururu wrote: »
    I saw The Marvels last night, and it was a fun time. Solid 7.5/10, would watch again. I think I liked it better than the first Captain Marvel. I can see why some people would have problems with it, though. It is essentially a buddy comedy with some good action scenes, which could turn some people off if they were expecting something with any kind of gravitas. For example (minor spoiler for the villain's plan/motivation):
    The villain's plan is pretty much the same as the villains from Space Balls. Just replace the giant maid robot with wormholes. The giant maid robot would have also fit the tone of this movie just fine, though.

If the humor works for you, then you'll have a great time. If it doesn't, then at least the movie has some good fights and isn't long, I suppose.

But the importantest thing: does the movie end with a giant CGI sky beam?

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Cururu wrote: »

But the importantest thing: does the movie end with a giant CGI sky beam?

Technically, no.
    They're in space, so no sky. And no beam, just a big vacuum hole. The principle is the same, though.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    The last episode of Loki S2 is pretty good. Overall not a good season of tv, but at least they ended it well.

• Options
    Appreciate the reviews.

We're already locked in for daughter's birthday, but good to hear it sounds like the kids will have fun.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I really don't like the current age of click driven engagement that we live in that has convinced websites that they can, and should, just go ahead and post articles with spoilers in the title the day a movie/game/whatever comes out.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    One just popped up in my news feed spoiling a post-credits scene so I may be a little bitter.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    The last episode of Loki S2 is pretty good. Overall not a good season of tv, but at least they ended it well.

Agreed. It wasn't a "good" season of TV, it was a GREAT season of TV. Every episode was necessary to stick the landing.

• Options
    Since Across the Spider-Verse dropped on netflix a couple weeks ago I just wanted to say again that fucking hell, these movies are just unbelievably fantastic and mind-bogglingly gorgeous. There is nothing else like them. There is not enough praise on earth to give these flicks as much as they deserve.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I hope the Spiderverse trilogy sticks the landing (without overworking the staff in the process).

One thing I love about the Spiderverse movies is them repeatedly going "Here's a Spider-person that's not Peter Parker, and here's why they are fucking awesome." And they do it while also having an awesome Peter Parker (and without him being a high schooler).

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I thought the first half of Loki S2 felt like a lot of time wasting and then they had to rush to cover meaningful ground in the back half. I quite enjoyed the finale, though again, part of me feels like they didn't really do the groundwork to get to where they wound up in the end. It's always strange to remember that this whole show has taken place over like, what, 3 weeks maximum since this Loki was trying to destroy New York? It suffers from this crazy speedrun of a face turn. But, on balance, I had a good time, and a lot of that is held up by Hiddleston and Wilson and Quan being great to watch

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I really need to see the second spider verse movie

• Options
    I pre-ordered it on Blu-ray, it's been sitting in my apartment for over two months.

I still haven't watched it.

Finding two hours of uninterrupted time is hard as an adult! And I don't even have small humans that I have to care for!

• Options
    The amount of emotion they convey in just the opening bit with Gwen and the drums is fuckin' wild.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    All of the characters from universes with wildly different aesthetics hanging around and still looking like their own universe is just amazingly good. Like Vulture and Hobie.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I thought the first half of Loki S2 felt like a lot of time wasting and then they had to rush to cover meaningful ground in the back half. I quite enjoyed the finale, though again, part of me feels like they didn't really do the groundwork to get to where they wound up in the end. It's always strange to remember that this whole show has taken place over like, what, 3 weeks maximum since this Loki was trying to destroy New York? It suffers from this crazy speedrun of a face turn. But, on balance, I had a good time, and a lot of that is held up by Hiddleston and Wilson and Quan being great to watch

I mean, Loki has faced all the consequences of his actions since he got to the TVA; they methodically stripped him of his powers and presumptions. 3 weeks? Maybe, but it's the three most challenging weeks of his thousand year existence.

The first three episodes of this season:

1. Introduced time slipping and the "mystery" of him getting pruned just in time (loop).

2. Introduced X-5/Brad, who has a significant role in how things shake out. This episode is essential for Mobius to come to his final realization.

3. Introduced Victor Timely and Sylvie abandoning revenge vs. HWR.

These three episodes doing introductions to people and concepts are WHY the series went off the chain in the second half.

I don't feel time was wasted when they fucking blew up the universe 2/3 of the way through.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    It doesn't matter how huge or monumental the events of episodes are, when you, as an audience member, are reminded that they happened over three or four episodes.

Like, to use The Good Place as an example:
    It took several episodes in the second season for the cast (and the audience) to even come around to believing that Michael the demon might finally be turning into a good person.

You can't thread that particular needle by saying, narratively, "big things happened over a lot of time!" if the audience is still only seeing 22/44/60 minutes of a story.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    What, now you're expecting the people making MCU shows to understand the basics of television writing?

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how huge or monumental the events of episodes are, when you, as an audience member, are reminded that they happened over three or four episodes.

Like, to use The Good Place as an example:
    It took several episodes in the second season for the cast (and the audience) to even come around to believing that Michael the demon might finally be turning into a good person.

You can't thread that particular needle by saying, narratively, "big things happened over a lot of time!" if the audience is still only seeing 22/44/60 minutes of a story.

And yet we watch 90 minute movies and expect to have complete character arcs?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yes.

Like maybe if you were told that a movie was an episode of television or vice versa, it would be different, but generally speaking the knowledge is what you are watching influences the way you watch it.