As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The MCU Multiverse Appreciation Station [Open Spoilers]

1313233343537»

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I love that
    shit eating grin on Logan's face when Deadpool threatens to shoot him and Wolverine just leans into the gun.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited April 22
    Big month for
    E is for Extinction

akajaybay on
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    yeah I am surprised to say that I actually liked that trailer, have mostly been in the "no thanks" column for deadpool

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Hugh Jackman is doing a lot of heavy lifting for that, I think

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I’m shocked to say it, but there is a lot of just passion in the trailer.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    regardless of how one feels about the style of humour in Deadpool or Ryan Reynolds in general, the deadpool series seems at least like something where the people involved seem to care about the thing they're putting out? Compared to a bunch of other MArvel/Disney output of the last few years

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    It definitely helps that this one actually has room to breathe, last year or two it felt like entire MCU movies and D+ TV series got lost in the weeds for lack of oxygen

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited April 23
    I think the thing in the trailer that got me
    is deadpool saying let's fucking go in a pump up scene and then jump cut to wolverine somewhere else saying let's fucking go. just good editing/always good when a character you think is not into something repeats a line another character said earlier in the film.

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    yeah I am surprised to say that I actually liked that trailer, have mostly been in the "no thanks" column for deadpool
    honovere wrote: »
    Hugh Jackman is doing a lot of heavy lifting for that, I think
    Blake T wrote: »
    I’m shocked to say it, but there is a lot of just passion in the trailer.
    honovere wrote: »
    regardless of how one feels about the style of humour in Deadpool or Ryan Reynolds in general, the deadpool series seems at least like something where the people involved seem to care about the thing they're putting out? Compared to a bunch of other MArvel/Disney output of the last few years

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Jackman and Reynolds are just really good buds who probably had an absolute fuckin’ blast making the movie.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Reynolds, from what I can tell, has always cared a lot for Deadpool as a character, and has put serious (maximum?) effort into making these movies good.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I don't remember too much from Deadpool 2, but I remember Deadpool 1 having a genuine heart and a positive message, and it seems like they're carrying that forward with this one.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Was it ever confirmed that it was Reynolds who leaked the CGI test footage that the studio had initially passed on, but public response got them to reconsider it?

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited April 24
    Was it ever confirmed that it was Reynolds who leaked the CGI test footage that the studio had initially passed on, but public response got them to reconsider it?

I remember an interview with him where his response was 'there's a 70% chance that I think I leaked it'

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!