As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This time, we’ve got him [Trump’s Top Secret Docs]

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    We still use the British coat of arms weird

Even kicked the scots out for the french

If you ever go to Parliament you'll see the lion and unicorn motif everywhere, including two big ol' statues at the entrance

(A cool thing is that you can effectively go right up to the doors of Parliament and hang out with them on the steps, which I did while taking over some gyms in Pokemon Go back in the day. Weedle was our Head of State for a minute, there.)

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    As terrible as the US supreme court is I take some comfort that, Kavanaugh aside, they don't all look like they came to court directly from Santacon

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    As terrible as the US supreme court is I take some comfort that, Kavanaugh aside, they don't all look like they came to court directly from Santacon
    No way, I think SCOTUS would be vastly improved by wearing outfits that were at least mildly fun to look at

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

If you ever go to Parliament you'll see the lion and unicorn motif everywhere, including two big ol' statues at the entrance

(A cool thing is that you can effectively go right up to the doors of Parliament and hang out with them on the steps, which I did while taking over some gyms in Pokemon Go back in the day. Weedle was our Head of State for a minute, there.)

Being able to go into the legislative body when I visited Canada with ya was so cool

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    shalmelo wrote: »
    No way, I think SCOTUS would be vastly improved by wearing outfits that were at least mildly fun to look at

I'm a bit disappointed they got rid of the perukes. If you're keeping the sable and ermine trimed robes, the wig is the least of your crimes against fashion.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    They got plenty of fur, but you can't get wig-quality hair off a horse after it's been used as a cop car for a decade.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Even though he gets a light sentence, he can get fucked

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Being able to go into the legislative body when I visited Canada with ya was so cool

We really lucked out on the timing! They shut centre block for renovations for a few years and I think the Peace Tower is closed for like, another 6-8 years too. I think they've only just reopened sittings in the Senate and House of Commons debates recently.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Zonugal wrote: »

We really lucked out on the timing! They shut centre block for renovations for a few years and I think the Peace Tower is closed for like, another 6-8 years too. I think they've only just reopened sittings in the Senate and House of Commons debates recently.

Complete side note to this but putting the French on the British coat of arms is a good old harken back to when the Normans won and the reason why English and French have so many similar root words when I posted earlier I was like wait

But obviously the french is on the Canadian coat of arms due to Quebec but my brain went to THE NORMANS ARE COMMIN!

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    I'm often leading tours of the governor's palace in my recreated 18th century city, and the Hanoverian coat of arms is on prominent display in several locations, so I end up talking about all that quite a bit.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I work with a linguists so I can ask the most off the wall questions and get a awesome answer

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Heh

Nice to think about how the big reason the right wing is so mad about more IRS funding is that their finances, as a movement, are propped up by grotesque amounts of fraud and evasion.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular

I have realized a terrible crossover potential with the GunPla thread now

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options

Welp here it goes

[this would be the whole “state legislatures can appoint electors however they want, election results be damned” ballgame]

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Weird that they would file an amicus with no related case. This doesn't start any litigation or anything, more like a "hey fyi this is what we're going to argue when we try to steal the election in 2024, please read in advance so we're on the same page"

• Options
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Weird that they would file an amicus with no related case. This doesn't start any litigation or anything, more like a "hey fyi this is what we're going to argue when we try to steal the election in 2024, please read in advance so we're on the same page"

My guess: in preparation of sending this one up to SCOTUS

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    So, some folks got hold of the member rolls for the oathkeepers. Of over 38,000 members, there were more than 370 active police and sheriffs on the list (shocked face).

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/elected-officials-police-chiefs-on-leaked-oath-keepers-list/3854798/

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I am legit shocked at that.

Only 370?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I am legit shocked at that.

Only 370?

Not a lot of people want hobbies that are just their day job with worse pay

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Yeah my initial thought is, “that seems low”.

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Oathkeepers are just one group, there are dozens of white supremacist gangs

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Odin wrote: »

dxcu9jvj5xa0.png

at least 18000 of them

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

dxcu9jvj5xa0.png

at least 18000 of them

Insert that one Pirates of the Caribbean meme.

"You'd best start believing in white supremacist domestic terrorism groups. You're in one."

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Trying to pay a $2 million bill with $5 million worth of horse means 2 things:

1) the horse is not worth $5 million
    2) Trump is not a good businessman

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    How much is a horse worth... And I just realized this sounds like the set up for a joke

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    That lawyer should have said nay to the horse.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Expensive horses sound like a (probably worse) version of the expensive art or expensive real estate that rich people use to launder their money.

• Options
    What do you think the horses name was?

Horses often have funny names

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    How much is a horse worth... And I just realized this sounds like the set up for a joke

A neighbor of mine has an Arabian stallion worth about 30k

I don't know what a 5 million horse looks like

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular

Probably looks like a horse.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    You just gotta wait for the right market.

Sometimes people will give up their whole kingdom for a horse.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    What do you think the horses name was?

Horses often have funny names

if Trump named it?

Horsey the Horse

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Probably looks like a horse.

I mean, I'm assuming Trump is lying, and it's actually a shitty coffee table or something

• Options
    Maybe it's a famous horse

How much do you think a horse what wins the Kentucky derby would sell for

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ah wonce
    accidentalah
    bot
    a orse

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ah wonce
    accidentalah
    bot
    a orse

That's a classic

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I imagine people pay silly amounts of money for horses based on their lineage and whatnot, same as sire bulls and certain breeds of dog

But I also imagine it's a way to launder money

• Options
    i wonder how hard it would be to sell fake horse semen to dumb millionaires

someone make that movie