As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This time, we’ve got him [Trump’s Top Secret Docs]

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I wonder how many people Trump has given the deed for that horse to.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    i wonder how hard it would be to sell fake horse semen to dumb millionaires

someone make that movie

"that's right, sir, none of the mares have taken- wait this is... this is that icing they use on the cinnamon twists at Domino's!"

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Odin wrote: »
    How much is a horse worth... And I just realized this sounds like the set up for a joke

A neighbor of mine has an Arabian stallion worth about 30k

I don't know what a 5 million horse looks like

Probably looks like a horse.

Have you seen the draw a horse threads? I don't think that is very helpful to the people of this forum.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    What else do you think is in drawer that Donald trump rummages around to pay people?

Here take the deed to this truck! It’s the truck from rebel without a cause.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    I know this more about dogs than horses but generally you can boost the value of them (and their offspring) by entering them into competitions and getting titles

For dogs that's usually evenly split between conformation (the himbo competiton, how pretty your dog is/how much they conform to breed standard - think Westminister Kennel Club), and dog sports (a good way to demonstrate health, instinct, and working skills - agility, obedience, rally obedience, specialized ones for your type of dog like barn hunt (terriers), herding (sheepdogs), lure coursing (greyhounds), etc - some of this is displayed at Krufts but there's a lot of competitions that are their own thing)

Every title raises the value of your dog (and their offspring) so breeders will have dogs basically do a rotation through a bunch of shows and will even pay handlers to be the ones to take all their dogs through 'em, and the value estimate increases based on their lineage and how much their parents/grandparents won. You also get titles that are based on the number of points they've won at a collection of shows, so you want to get them in as many as possible if you want to demonstrate your dog's value (and therefore your skill as a breeder)

(Some competitions are particularly valuable if you're looking for something specific in a working dog too. We look for Belgians and GSDs as our family breeds, so agility titles are a great sign of good breeding - both breeds commonly develop hip dysplasia, agility puts a lot of force on the joints, so if a dog tests great for hips despite having agility titles then the risk of hip dysplasia in the puppies is a lot lower)

I would assume horse value goes up similarly but they obviously start with a higher base cost and survive much longer/can enter far more shows and races etc

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    I haven't seen a horse up close in a long time

They are proportionally more terrifying than large dogs imo

My friends own a great pyrenees though and he's pretty chill. His name is Merlin. Too much dog for their back yard though.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

someone make that movie

Not really related, but I remember being shocked years ago when I walked in on a coworker looking at a webpage to order pig semen online. Or maybe it was bull jizz? Either way, it makes sense that people that raise livestock would sell their animal's sperm online because it's hella convenient, but I had never once considered the possibility.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I wonder how many people Trump has given the deed for that horse to.

I'm picturing Trump going through his drawer after you insist on seeing this horse, and he pulls out a pot of glue

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    What fresh hell has caused a bunch of posts to... right, carry on

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

someone make that movie

Not really related, but I remember being shocked years ago when I walked in on a coworker looking at a webpage to order pig semen online. Or maybe it was bull jizz? Either way, it makes sense that people that raise livestock would sell their animal's sperm online because it's hella convenient, but I had never once considered the possibility.

This actually does happen in dog stuff but like, mostly as a way to get breeder pairings from dogs that have passed, I've only really heard of one litter that did artificial insemination (but I'm sure it happens more often than that)

A lot cheaper to just set two dogs up in a field and let nature do the thing

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    It occurred to me just now I'm uncomfortable around large animals in much the same way I'm uncomfortable around people

I met someone recently that was talking about how she wanted to get a cane corso and I looked them up and went nope.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I'd much rather hang out with large animals than with people

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I worked at a beef cattle farm for a couple years

There's absolutely a huge market and an industry dedicated to ummm milking bulls, transporting their semen hundreds of miles in special containers, then artificially inseminating heifers.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    So, some folks got hold of the member rolls for the oathkeepers. Of over 38,000 members, there were more than 370 active police and sheriffs on the list (shocked face).

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/elected-officials-police-chiefs-on-leaked-oath-keepers-list/3854798/

I'm actually really annoyed by this article/data leak because it doesn't say who they are, and I can't find a source that does. This isn't helpful! Don't give me the boogeyman of elected officials in a white supremacist group with a seemingly exact number and then not say who they are!

Like you can go by state and see how many but again, what does that do to help? I'm just generally aware now? These are public officials, just release their names and let them argue about why they're on the list.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Yeah. When you are a livestock farmer there is just gunna be semen in the freezer. Just how it is.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Yeah. When you are a livestock farmer there is just gunna be semen in the freezer. Just how it is.

DVLQPed.gif

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Tef wrote: »
    So, some folks got hold of the member rolls for the oathkeepers. Of over 38,000 members, there were more than 370 active police and sheriffs on the list (shocked face).

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/elected-officials-police-chiefs-on-leaked-oath-keepers-list/3854798/

I'm actually really annoyed by this article/data leak because it doesn't say who they are, and I can't find a source that does. This isn't helpful! Don't give me the boogeyman of elected officials in a white supremacist group with a seemingly exact number and then not say who they are!

Like you can go by state and see how many but again, what does that do to help? I'm just generally aware now? These are public officials, just release their names and let them argue about why they're on the list.

This is one of the things that drives me nuts. People so fucking afraid to name names. That's how people keep getting away with shit.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Remember when Jon Arbuckle drank dog semen

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    people reacting to the semen stuff always crack me up cuz it's like what y'all, how did you think you got new livestock? romantic music?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    people reacting to the semen stuff always crack me up cuz it's like what y'all, how did you think you got new livestock? romantic music?
    drop off the livestock at an old lady's house and then ride a bike around in circles obviously

• Options

I didn't think they mailed jizz. I thought they just all kinda knew each other in the area and loaded up their prize bull/boar on a trailer whenever someone wanted their cow/sow knocked up with super special semen.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Odin wrote: »
    How much is a horse worth... And I just realized this sounds like the set up for a joke

A neighbor of mine has an Arabian stallion worth about 30k

I don't know what a 5 million horse looks like

Probably looks like a horse.

We could draw one for you, if you'd like.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2022
    Cello wrote: »

someone make that movie

This actually does happen in dog stuff but like, mostly as a way to get breeder pairings from dogs that have passed, I've only really heard of one litter that did artificial insemination (but I'm sure it happens more often than that)

A lot cheaper to just set two dogs up in a field and let nature do the thing

Our dogs breeders do this all the time, because they're trying to reinvigorate the breed after a genetic bottleneck post war, which means sourcing and mingling from long separated pools. Uschi and Ziggy's dad is Finnish!

It's even more common to do this with horses, because shipping them around costs $$$. In fact racehorse breeders will never do it any other way.

Most large or pedigree livestock insemination has been done by hand since at least the 1800s, if not earlier. Safer, more reliable, cheaper, less chance of someone taking offense and biting a chunk out of your prize thoroughbred....

tynic on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

I didn't think they mailed jizz. I thought they just all kinda knew each other in the area and loaded up their prize bull/boar on a trailer whenever someone wanted their cow/sow knocked up with super special semen.

There's a HS code for it, and everything, so it can be properly handled for customs and stuff:

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

...no? What the fuck is going on in Garfield these days?!

• Options
    Gnizmo wrote: »

...no? What the fuck is going on in Garfield these days?!

We're talking 90s Garf here

EZVuSCeUwAAEWXa?format=jpg&name=medium

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Why would she just have that sitting there

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    NPR: Bannon surrenders to N.Y. authorities on 'Build the Wall' money-laundering charges.
    https://www.npr.org/2022/09/08/1121560737/bannon-surrenders-to-n-y-authorities-on-build-the-wall-money-laundering-charges

A henchman might face some consequences, possibly

• Options

She was going to put it in her coffee, obvs

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

you don't?

• Options
    I know Jim Davis tried to backtrack that comic being about dog jizz and he's wrong and a coward.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Jim Davis has always maintained that the mug was intended to contain pre-natal vitamins

• Options
    all cartoonists are perverts and he's a liar

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Jim Davis has always maintained that the mug was intended to contain pre-natal vitamins

Were they floating in the dog cum

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

Right up there with Gary Larson swearing up and down that the dog in that one comic wasn't fucking the car

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro/garfield-creator-jim-davis-denies-that-he-made-jon
    "On the farm, we used to give first-calf heifers a high protein supplement to help them deliver healthier calves," he said in a statement to BuzzFeed News. "The supplement was provided by our vet."

Since Liz is a vet, "I assumed that there would be a similar supplement for dogs," Davis said.

"So Jon is drinking a protein-enriched drink formulated for a pregnant dog."

That's why Liz mentions the "healthy" litter Jon would have — because he had just drunk a supplement for pregnant dogs, not dog semen.

"There you have it!" Davis said.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    no that's dog jizz

death of the artist

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Yeah I mean the dude what came up with the .gif doesn't even know how to pronounce it.

• Options
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro/garfield-creator-jim-davis-denies-that-he-made-jon
    "On the farm, we used to give first-calf heifers a high protein supplement to help them deliver healthier calves," he said in a statement to BuzzFeed News. "The supplement was provided by our vet."

Since Liz is a vet, "I assumed that there would be a similar supplement for dogs," Davis said.

"So Jon is drinking a protein-enriched drink formulated for a pregnant dog."

That's why Liz mentions the "healthy" litter Jon would have — because he had just drunk a supplement for pregnant dogs, not dog semen.

"There you have it!" Davis said.

so jim davis also drank dog semen and is trying to cover it up in the worst way possible

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    What do you think the horses name was?

Horses often have funny names

Big Chungus