As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Rivertails, Shiner & Lovebirb out today!

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    The issue is probably more that the mission is so long, more than anything. Split that entire mission in half and it's probably fine

In general, Lightfall has been baaaad on checkpointing.

I'm having fun, but the core expansion really does feel like "needed 6 more months to bake".

The raid is good though!

Didn't people like the raid because it was completable by mortals this time out?

Eh, contest mode discourse is always very silly (which is the ultra hard you have 24/48 hours to do it).

This raid might be a little too easy in some respects, and there's one encounter that's a bit frustratingly buggy, but overall it's very fun with some very cool asthetics, and an excellently hammy final boss

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    My ideal Myst fps would have no enemies but allow you to beat all the puzzles by using explosives to smash your way through when you get stuck

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Goddamnit, being an esper in Caves of Qud is kinda stressing me out. My psychic glimmer is increasing as I get stronger, which means I attract psychic attackers more frequently. In and of itself it's not so bad, having them show up adds a fun wrinkle to whatever in currently doing and is free xp.

But I've had them show up in towns on two separate occasions, and the ones that showed up happened to be ones that will summon a whole fuckload of random hostile plants. The villagers don't seem to care about the psychic entities, but they'll go apeshit on the plants. Some of the plants are incredibly tough and have killed one NPC (RIP Shem -1), and in the other instance led to an entire town fighting amongst themselves due to a stray bullet from one NPC hitting another and the aggro cascading out of control. That brawl ended with the mayor dead, much of the town's piping wrecked, and the kaleido slug ranch fence obliterated so they're free to roam.

Oh wait, it happened a third time and in the ensuing fight someone died on top of some grave moss, which apparently will devour the corpse and turn into a hostile, mobile, and absolutely deadly fuckbeast of a plant. I didn't survive that encounter, and when I went back I managed to kill the psychic wax weep without anyone bleeding or dying on the grave moss that got summoned.

Are you sure you aren't actually playing Dwarf Fortress?

I already played a bunch of DF! Totally different kinds of games, though I do think it'd be neat to bring the CoQ setting into DF

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2023
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rNsbBWbaR8
    In the far future, armadas from surrounding systems have suddenly waged war on Earth. You are a pilot from the Ares Squadron, flying the fastest, most dangerous crafts ever made. You're outgunned, outmanned, and strapped into a flying coffin.
    20230314 Terminal Velocity™: Boosted Edition (Action Shooter Old School Sci-fi Retro 3D)

Fuck yes terminal velocity remaster.

Either the original was shareware or I had a fully pirated version when I was a kid, no idea which, it'll be nice to throw a few bucks to the devs even if it's....erm... twenty five years late or so?

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wasn't terminal velocity the game with Gillian Anderson as the computer?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    figured Qud has updated enough for me to go through another run through it

chimera with maximum possible unstable genomes is still the funnest (if least consistent) way to play. then just keep buying mutations and praying for more limbs.

"the head bone is connected to the back bone, the arm bone is connected to the head bone, the arm bone is connected to the leg bone, the arm bone is connected to the other arm bone, the-"

Gundi on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Wasn't terminal velocity the game with Gillian Anderson as the computer?

that was a few sequels later, in Hellbender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLn8sYkQT90\

it was... maybe not the best use of her voice acting talents

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Karl's Dark Souls Update
    Go fuck yourself you crystal dragon piece of shit. I'm glad you're dead.

Now to go get myself cured of this curse bullshit.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Wo Long is a good game but really what it is is a Guan Yu simulator where I can get Guan Yu’s clothes and weapon and then also bring him along on missions as my best friend so we’re dual Guan Yu’s fighting demons

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBbkXe8pmS4&embeds_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fretrododo.com%2F&source_ve_path=MjM4NTE&feature=emb_title
    Finally, after many leaks, and a tease last week the GoRetroid team has officially revealed the Retroid Pocket Flip.

The Retroid Pocket Flip is an upcoming clamshell handheld emulator made by the company behind the infamous Retroid Pocket 3+.

https://retrododo.com/retroid-pocket-flip/

now... what if we get real crazy... and put another screen on the lower half of the clamshell...

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Clamshell designs are the best.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Gundi wrote: »
    figured Qud has updated enough for me to go through another run through it

chimera with maximum possible unstable genomes is still the funnest (if least consistent) way to play. then just keep buying mutations and praying for more limbs.

"the head bone is connected to the back bone, the arm bone is connected to the head bone, the arm bone is connected to the leg bone, the arm bone is connected to the other arm bone, the-"

I want to do a run like that sometime, and also one with other mental powers like precognition and cloning and taking over other people's bodies.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    pro tip

if you want to take over someone's body

it should be a baboon

• Options
    pro tip

it should be a baboon

They strong bois?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Also, if I take over someone's body, will I keep my mental powers? Or am I just fuckin stuck in there? Fuck it, I'll figure it out along the way

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Also, if I take over someone's body, will I keep my mental powers? Or am I just fuckin stuck in there? Fuck it, I'll figure it out along the way

look at fuckin Descartes over here

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    v61vcrygzdrt.png

One of these days I have got to find a book that will get me a handle on the goddamn Balkans.

p0aa98aolzl1.png

For real though

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    pro tip

it should be a baboon

They strong bois?
    baboons are only level 5, which means they're easy to mind control.

on top of that, baboons are unique in that their legendary versions have two special mechanics.

See, each legendary baboon will have a descriptor at the end of their name listing them as "-the X-ringed Baboon Y." The number, X, of rings they have is equivalent to a big stat boost they get. The highest they it goes to is 12 rings, which equates to a massive +16 to their strength and agility. Y is a decriptor which equates to an additional bonus they get, some of which are very useful. (The best gives them multiple arms and even more stat points.) They can get mutations like a regular mutant character, but will start with fewer mutations than a character would normally have. So basically your trading like five or six mutation points for like potentially 30 stat points and like potenitally a few hundred health points. (Which is very worth it.) It's the most dramatic way to break the game with a mutant. (Truekin can theoretically become even more busted powerful, but it takes a very, very long time and so is kind of pointless.)

If you want to know how to switch bodies, I'll put how it works in spoilers:
    1. Have the mutation domination.
    2. (Optional but highly recommended.) Have beguiling and/or proselytize.
    3. When you find a character you want to Ginyu, make sure you get down to really low health, ideally as close to one HP as possible. You can stop yourself from healing by dropping all your water and becoming dehydrated. You'll then slowly take damage. (This is why beguiling/prosletyze is so useful for this, it lets you take the character into a safe location to lower your health in.)
    4. Use domination on the character. You are now in control of the character but haven't swapped bodies yet. To swap bodies, you have to kill your original body. You have to do this in one hit, as any damage to your body causes the domination to be broken. (This is why you lower your health to as low as you can get it before attempting this.)
    5. You'll know it worked if you get the "your mind is stranded here" pop-up. You are now a new character. You do not keep access to your old mutations or stats.
    6. Addendum: You can switch to robots with a similar method if you use the ganglionic teleprojector. There's even a method using body-swapping to open up even more body swap opportunities, but I'll leave the secret strategies to be found for yourself.
    7. Warning: If you don't beguile/prosletyze an NPC to become your follower before switching bodies with them, you will inherit their faction reputation instead of retaining your own. Furthermore you'll be stuck with their reputation since any changes to reputation you do will only relate to your original faction. So again, you really want beguile or proselytize.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    1h3jknryl4ro.png

• Options
    So its not out yet unless you bought the super stupid editions of the new WWE game, but I've been playing the create a player story in it and its god damn hilarious and a great blend of awful voice work with terrible facial animations and legit engaging pro wrestling writing. My hats off to the two writers the WWE probably made write this stuff over a weekend.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

This is going to be so funny when it crashes and burns

• Options
    Ok but like when I get a character no one else can get it right? So like 10k people can play that game?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    10,000 characters that all weirdly look like the same dude with various wedding photo booth accessories.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    All my clouds strifed

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2023

You do keep your mental abilities and powers I thiiiiink? e: Oh I guess not

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    In my current run of replaying Layton/Ace Attorney games, I finished Diabolical Box and started Miles Edgeworth Investigates.

This game is still so weird. Like a combination of a normal Ace Attorney game and a Lucas Arts/Sierra adventure game.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    When it leaked Square was working on something called Symbiogenesis, there were people that were certain it had to be Parasite Eve related.

"Well, it can't be worse than The Third Birthday..." they said.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I think we almost immediately found out it was their NFT project and regretted that prediction yes

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    In my current run of replaying Layton/Ace Attorney games, I finished Diabolical Box and started Miles Edgeworth Investigates.

This game is still so weird. Like a combination of a normal Ace Attorney game and a Lucas Arts/Sierra adventure game.

I love that game, I wish the second one came out outside Japan.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    All my clouds strifed

Slurp juice etc

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Oh man I was so close to beating the rage demon optional boss. I had his last health bar down to like a third. Now I am become the rage demon. Any time I end up at any range so many of his attacks are just impossible to dodge or even jump

Prohass on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    For his long range fire attack that covers a huge amount of ground you must sprint sideways and THEN jump at the edge of it. The aim is to bodily get clear, which can only be accomplished with the momentum gained from a sprinting jump perpendicular to the incoming attack.

Don't do any of this Prometheus running directly away from the spaceship stuff, you gotta go left or right, sprint like hell, then leap clear.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Yeah it recommends run right and slightly towards and then jump. But like, I’ve managed to do that like once. Got him to almost dead again, but unfortunately used all my resurrection restorer items to do it, thinking I was in with a chance. I’m at that frustrating stage where I know exactly what to do against all the moves but actually pulling it off is another matter

In the early stages the most annoying move is the charge he does up close that has enormous area and damage

I also don’t quite get the grapple attack, i always seem to miss the hit when I jump towards him

Goddamn if I keep getting so exhaustingly close then at the very end he’ll just do a simple stomp or swipe combo that I’m so exhausted I just get hit by

Edit: goddamnit literally was one hit away and he managed to hide behind the fire circle and then get me with a charge
    HATRED IS RIGHT

Prohass on
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Sorry to spam but after like 25+ goes, shinobi execution…fuck yes

Prohass on
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

This is going to be so funny when it crashes and burns

Sleeper Parasite Eve Sequel???

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I'm kind of curious how the NFT character thing is supposed to work, but also don't want to do any research because I don't want the algorithm to think I give a shit about NFTs.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB18TDI5oe0
    Atlas Fallen, the epic fantasy action-RPG from Focus Entertainment’s studio Deck13 Interactive, is excited to open pre-orders following the recent announcement of its May 16 release date. Get a feel of the high sensations to come in the game where you battle legendary creatures in superpowered combat with the Gameplay Reveal Trailer.

In solo or with a friend, take on a heroic journey through a variety of breath-taking environments, swiftly gliding through the desert landscapes of a vast sand-covered world. Explore ancient ruins and unearth the mysteries and secrets of a fallen society. Fight a corrupt god and extraordinary beasts thanks to the divine power of your shape-shifting weapon. Unlock powerful skills and abilities to build a unique moveset and rise as the champion who will liberate the people of Atlas.

Atlas Fallen releases May 16 on PlayStation®5. Pre-orders are open with a special bonus, the Ruin Rising Pack with exclusive cosmetic items and combat abilities, for digital pre-orders or retail purchases.

Deck13 is known for other B-games like
    2013 Blood Knights
    2014 Moorhuhn: Tiger and Chicken
    2014 Lords of the Fallen
    2015 Imagoras Städel
    2017 The Surge Focus
    2019 The Surge 2
    2023 Atlas Fallen

so maybe this will be... decent?

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Barret would have no qualms punching crypto bros in the face.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    A Forspoken-alike?

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.