Options

[Football/Soccer] Congrats to Bayer Leverkusen for winning their 1st Bundesliga title!

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »

Excellent thread on why Burnley are now very good.

Rumours are Viera may be getting the sack and Kompany is on the list to replace him.

Well Viera is gone, but I can't imagine Kompany wanting to jump ship to Palace when Burnley are gonna be coming up anyways

HerrCron on
    Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    crzyangocrzyango Registered User regular
    Glad I got to see this one in person.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Mitrovic, why take that red? It was clearly a handball, no need to argue it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
  • Options
    CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    Can’t even shove the ref anymore, games gone

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Can’t even shove the ref anymore, games gone

Bruno Fernandes has entered the chat

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    I fail to understand why ESPN would pay for the US rights to LaLiga when they don't even plan on putting El Classico on ESPN main. Just Deportes.

Like did they get paid by another league as some kind of backroom deal to make these games nigh impossible to watch in any public setting? Fucking hell.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Because you want to subscribe to ESPN+.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular

The funny part is, I do. Or rather I share my mom's Disney bundle. I'm watching the game right now, but I'm having to watch it in my hotel room on a Fire stick by myself instead of at a bar with some wings and a beer. I can't think the league wants this outcome, which is the removal of their marquee matchups from English-language television and casual public spaces.

These used to occasionally bubble up onto actual OTA television here. Now I wasn't even able to get the previous matchup up on a TV in the sports book at any MGM property in Vegas. I'd assume that mayyyybe something like a Buffalo Wild Wings might be able to put it up, since I do believe it's on ESPN Deportes. But tons and tons of sports bars don't actually pay for all the Spanish-language packages.

Would I give in and pay personally for ESPN+ if I didn't happen to have access to it through a family member? Honestly, at this point I might not.

Also if we could put the round thing in the square thing that would be fuckin' great.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »

The funny part is, I do. Or rather I share my mom's Disney bundle. I'm watching the game right now, but I'm having to watch it in my hotel room on a Fire stick by myself instead of at a bar with some wings and a beer. I can't think the league wants this outcome, which is the removal of their marquee matchups from English-language television and casual public spaces.

Did they get their fees for the broadcast rights? Then they don't care where anybody can actually watch them. Did Disney get their subscription fee? Then they don't care if you're not at a sports bar with wings and beer. They already got paid, so actual audience numbers don't matter.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL:
    Argentine goalkeeper Leandro Requena scored one of the most outrageous goals you are ever likely to see during his Cobresal side’s 3-1 win over Colo-Colo in Chile’s top soccer league.

With his team already leading 2-0 in the 77th minute, Requena took what initially looked like a fairly innocuous goal kick.

However, with Colo-Colo goalkeeper Brayan Cortés well outside of his penalty area, the ball bounced over his head and towards goal.

To add to his embarrassment, Cortés stumbled as he tried in vain to chase the ball as it crossed the line.

Ouch. At least in hockey, a goalie goal happens when the other team pulled theirs.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »

These used to occasionally bubble up onto actual OTA television here. Now I wasn't even able to get the previous matchup up on a TV in the sports book at any MGM property in Vegas. I'd assume that mayyyybe something like a Buffalo Wild Wings might be able to put it up, since I do believe it's on ESPN Deportes. But tons and tons of sports bars don't actually pay for all the Spanish-language packages.

Would I give in and pay personally for ESPN+ if I didn't happen to have access to it through a family member? Honestly, at this point I might not.

Also if we could put the round thing in the square thing that would be fuckin' great.

B-Dubs would have it regardless because they need ESPN+ to air UFC PPVs.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i've got front row tickets behind the goal for ireland vs france on monday

h3kkout3yiea.jpg

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Tuchel to Bayern. Nagelsmann gone. That's what you get when the 11th title in a row seems a tiny bit shaky.

• Options
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Football is the best when the home side starts all their lower division guys due to the international slate and injuries, against the top team in the conference, and scores 6 goals and they’re all first career (4 players with first career goals) or first with team (Christian Ramirez with a brace in his first game with the Crew)

I hope the rest of the season is as exciting as their first 2 home matches- I’ve been able to watch the Crew out score opponents 8-1, lol

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Jordan Morris(Sounders) scored four goals against Kansas City yesterday.

lol
    lmao

• Options
    And to the surprise of exactly no one, Conte is gone from Spurs.

Who wants to drink deep from that poisoned chalice next? Nagelsmann? Bielsa? Zidane? Big Sam?

Now Playing:
  • Options
    I fucking hate football

• Options
    Gonna be crazy when Scotland win the Euros

• Options
    Rodri, the Spain captain, was less magnanimous in defeat as he criticised Scotland’s approach to the game. “We conceded easy goals,” he said. “This is football, if you concede easy goals you are penalised.

“It’s the way they play, but for me it’s rubbish, always wasting time, provoking you, always they fall.

“For me, this is not football. The referee has to take on this, but he says nothing.”

Don't stop I'm so close

• Options
    rodri you spent 7 years at athletico madrid please go sit down

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Al Hilal (Omdurman) vs Al Ahly in the CAF Champions League starting soon, and the 60k stadium looks quite packed. Sudan v Egypt is always an exciting matchup.

Edit: please don’t start with the laser bullshit.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    0-3 :/

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Liking this 2 point Seattle lead into the half

• Options
    At some point Tav will sober up and I'm not looking forward to it...

Now Playing:
  • Options
    Potter gone from Chelsea and Rodgers gone from Leicester in the same day.

The managerially merry-go-round continues

Now Playing:
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    The Crew are 3-0 at home while outscoring opponents 12-1 in those matches

Aidan Morris of “homegrown player” designation (so like a $27k salary) with 3 goals and 2 assists in the last 2 matches

Cucho still ouchie and wondering how the Crew feels about his $3 million salary

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Spurs gonna Spurs.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    ZeroCow wrote: »
    Spurs gonna Spurs.

So much for the no manager bounce....

Now Playing:
  • Options
    evan ferguson is the best player in the world

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    It's fine, didn't want to see Liverpool in the champions league next season anyway.

• Options
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    It's fine, didn't want to see Liverpool in the champions league next season anyway.

You can keep Chelsea company.

Now Playing:
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Pellaeon wrote: »

need the conference league to complete the set, anyway

Tav on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    And Tuchel already lost one trophy in his second game. amazing.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    And Tuchel already lost one trophy in his second game. amazing.

I'm beginning to think that Thomas Tuchel was not the brilliant tactician I thought he was.

Now Playing:
  • Options
    CorlisCorlis Registered User regular
    ... and Lampard is going to be finishing off the season for Chelsea.

But I don't mind, as long as there's a bed beneath the stars that shine,
    I'll be fine, just give me a minute, a man's got a limit, I can't get a life if my heart's not in it.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Re-hiring Lampard is very much the funniest outcome for this episode of the Chelsea comedy show.

• Options
    The clown show continues

Now Playing:
  • Options