Options

Asheron's Call: Nine Years of Killing Olthoi

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hmm, I remembered my old zone login name and tried it on the turbine login page and strangely enough it logged me in. No subscription to AC, but hey, I thought I'd resubscribe and see what happens.

Solclaim right?

What class should I make?!

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I made a UA (melee, ua spec) eventual 3-school named... Aphostile!

I was going through the character creation and clicking along, clicked a spiky hairstyle and tan and such, clicked next all the way through, killing olthoi in the arcade then I hear a rather feminine "Oof".

I examine myself to find out that I created a female sho lesbian punch-fighter.

I think I shall continue down this path.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Aphostile wrote: »
    I made a UA (melee, ua spec) eventual 3-school named... Aphostile!

I was going through the character creation and clicking along, clicked a spiky hairstyle and tan and such, clicked next all the way through, killing olthoi in the arcade then I hear a rather feminine "Oof".

I examine myself to find out that I created a female sho lesbian punch-fighter.

I think I shall continue down this path.

i don't think this could have gone any better

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    lol! That's awesome!

What's your characters' name Aphostile?

We have enough people playing now that we could run some group dungeons if we wanted, if we can get everyone leveled up a bit.

In post #5, Shadowfire put the names of everyone currently playing. Add them all to your friends list, and give us a shout if you see us in game!

EDIT: Also, I have a new character, Mazeltov. He's doing Bow.

Let's see... our three newest characters are Bendery (Spear), Aphostile? (UA), and Gaav (Sword). Everyone keep a lookout for weapons that people can use of these. Also keep an eye out for salvagable items... I figure we'll all do well if we can imbue and twink up some items to do massive damage. =)

Also, be sure to turn your armor into the Pathwarden when you find better armor. The stuff he gives is good (SIKs, full bags of salvage).

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    Shadow BanditShadow Bandit Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Does the 14 day thingy work with existing accounts?

Shadow Bandit on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It did for me, if I remember correctly.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    littwentythreelittwentythree Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have a new bow character that I'm going to be trying something interesting with. He'll be the only person I'll be using from now on, name is Broadside.

littwentythree on
    newsig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Aphostile is Aphostile. /Malkovitch.

Got to 28 or 29 last night, killing in the Nanto Matron Hive. Not enough skill to kill the matron alone though.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Wow, damn you got up quick! Yikes =)

Okay, we need you two characters to swear into the allegiance so you can get access to the mansion and our (much better) buff bot (who also happens to be our Monarch =) ).

At that level, Xiaolin can swear to you, and you can swear to... ack. You could swear to Vendal Thornheart (he's 82), but I already have 3 people under me which is non-optimal.

Is anyone else on here >= level 29 that Aphostile can swear to? If not, we'll just have him swear to Vendal Thornheart so everyone in that chain can get to the buff bot and mansion.

And then littwentythree, you can swear Broadside to Aphostile, and that should work I think.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Does the buffbot at the mansion have 2 hour buffs? I've been using one in Yaraq (Kethrie? I'm at work, off the top of my head) that has those (which I recently looked up, you have to spend 5 billion xp to get all spells to last 100% longer, 1 billion per 20%, geez things have changed).

But I'd be glad to get into the allegiance to help structure our ragtag group of up-to-no-good-ers.

Once we get a little up there, I can try and remember how to do Gaerlan's quest, that's good clean fun right there.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Aye, he's got 2 hour buffs, and there's never a line because it's just for our allegiance. =)

Also, the mansion has special devices that can portal you pretty much anywhere in the world (though some of them are random chance, so you have to try a couple of times before it gets you to the spot you want).

And on top of it, getting into the allegiance nets you a bunch of "pushing up" XP you wouldn't get alone. I think I've made close to 300 million for my patron so far. =)

Also, I really REALLY want to do that endgame content like Gaerlan. I always used to read/hear about those events, but never had a character high enough to do it. (My highest character the first time I played never got past level 40 or so)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ah, well, should I not level tonight and try exclusively to find one of you guys to swear to or just swear to Vendal?

Yeah, I know about house portals, I am having trouble remembering the portal-paths to places.

Heh, well, depending on his leadership level as well as the amount of time you've spent in game as his vassal, that 300 could turn into far less. It's the kind of stuff that was set in place when XP chains destroyed a lot of the process of leveling.

I don't think gaerlan is end game content anymore for pretty much all of the population, just something to do when you're bored (which is why we'd have to do it ourselves). I was in gaerlan's dungeon on the first day it opened (actually glitched into it using landscape stuff). I think I was one of the first on Solclaim to ever get the last reward (since you had to wait a week to do the quest).

And all it did was raise your allegiance rank by 1. Haha.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hmm... well... I'm not sure. Let's see if anyone else is approaching your level. I think, *ideally* your character should swear to someone with 0 or 1 vassals... but we may already not be able to do that. I know Shadowfire's main character is only level 19 or so right now, I don't know about everyone else. So for now we may have no option but to throw you on me. I suppose we could restructure if anyone catches up.

Oh, I didn't realize that... I assumed the number it showed was the end value he received. =( D'oh.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Yeah, I know about house portals, I am having trouble remembering the portal-paths to places.

If you're cool with running Decal, then use this:

http://decal.acasylum.com/goarrow.php

That'll get you directions to anywhere, from anywhere. A lot of portals to other towns were added right in the middle of most of the main towns, and it sort of negated the old "portal loop" most of us old-timers knew.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yes, GoArrow is awesome. Definitely everyone should use this. Not only for the destination arrow, but also the detailed map of Dereth (with ALL the housing, dungeons, and towns on it), and the multi-point destination routing. Such a good program. It's like a really good GPS for Asheron's Call. =)

I was talking to Shadow online yesterday about the old portal loop, and how it was the only reason I ever went to Rithwic. =) Now I never go there at all! =);)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well, I would like to keep leveling my little UA toon but I know that there might not be anyone to swear to. Hmm.

I also put in a migration request to see if maybe they could bring back my old battlemage from Solclaim. We'll see if it carries through. I don't even remember what level he was!

I'll install goarrow tonight when I get home from work.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    If you get above level 82 before we meet up online... that's sick. =) And we'll need to find someone higher level than us who's actually online for you to swear to. =)

Don't worry about stopping, just try not to get above level 82 before we meet up. Hopefully tonight. =) Otherwise, it may be a pain to find someone.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh it's no worries VT. I'm going to visit family for the holidays, so I may not be able to play as much over the next week or so.

Although I do know a tinkerer on Solclaim, and he could make me some element rending weapons... haha.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ooh, fun =)

I definitely think we need to start getting and distributing twinked weapons to everyone if at all possible. With this many people playing, we should be able to generate a steady stream of salvage... and one of my characters in particular has all her stats maxed for the purpose of performing trade skills (tinkering, alchemy, cooking etc...). So hopefully we can build almost an assembly line where we can get everyone some nice weapons with good stuff like rending on them. (Though if you have a friend who's already maxed on that, that's even better =) )

VThornheart on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Aphostile and Broadside added to O(ish)P.
    Also, be sure to turn your armor into the Pathwarden when you find better armor. The stuff he gives is good (SIKs, full bags of salvage).

Oh fuck you. I had no idea that was the case... I was pissed I couldn't drop the crap, so I handed it all to the crier. :(
    I'm not really mad at you.. just.. argh! :P

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    You reach into the gift box and discover a Mana Forge Key!

I said i'd be on tonight but that was a lie, i have to work and i forgot :(

So... i dunno when I'll be on to play with you guys

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Aphostile and Broadside added to O(ish)P.

Oh fuck you. I had no idea that was the case... I was pissed I couldn't drop the crap, so I handed it all to the crier. :(
    I'm not really mad at you.. just.. argh! :P

Oh! No, I totally didn't mean it as a jab to you I promise! =) The fact that it happened to you just reminded me of it. The first mule I made still has the pathwarden armor because I'd forgotten! I think we all needed a reminder =)

EDIT: Oh, wait a second... no, it happened to Bendery yesterday, that's what reminded me to say it. See, everyone forgot, it's okay =)

Mana forge key? How did you get that? Huh?

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    VThorn, whenever you get on, litt and I have sworn to each other so I can swear to you and get us in the allegiance.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Sweet! Let me jump on then.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hmm... so the only buffbot in Holtburg is down, and our allegiance buffbot is gone (which is rare). D'oh.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm still packing up stuff for my drive home tomorrow, but the buffbot(s) in Yaraq are usually always there.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    heh, i started leveling my mage on FF again... 167..... i forgot how much xp it takes to raise an attribute when you get that high

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Yikes, I can only imagine =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hmm, I ran into someone a couple nights ago, before the whole Christmas chaos began... and I didn't get a chance to actually meet up. Are you here? I have you on the friends' list of one of my characters, but speak up here so everyone can add you and we can meet up!

VThornheart on
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Still on Solclaim? I played AC for about a year at it's release. Gonna give it another try.

Esh on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    At my folks place, getting the "disconnected from the server" error every few megabytes while trying to patch.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    At my folks place, getting the "disconnected from the server" error every few megabytes while trying to patch.

I was trying to play earlier and when I'd finished creating my character and go in to play it couldn't connect to the game server.

Esh on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Esh wrote: »
    Still on Solclaim? I played AC for about a year at it's release. Gonna give it another try.

Still there. Some of us haven't been on too much.. I know I've been busy as fuck. :|

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Aye, we're still there Esh, look me up when you get in-game and I can help you out! I just helped someone out last night, and hopefully will be on tonight to give another run.

My characters are currently (Just added another one last night):

Vendal Thornheart
    Mazeltov
    Shenaaz
    Callistalia
    Xiaolin Enlai
    Zhou Enlai
    Edgar Verona

So add them to your friends list! We can get you into the allegiance which'll get you access to our private buff bots and the mansion (which has some more or less reliable portals to various places =) )

I don't know why it's crashing for you guys on load/patching... that's very odd.

Was this a problem for both of you last night? Maybe the server was wonky late last night? I was playing until about 8pm EST, but I stopped after that so I don't know. I'd try again, perhaps in a little bit.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    I went back to this game about 6 months ago and it was pretty dead.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Aye, we're still there Esh, look me up when you get in-game and I can help you out! I just helped someone out last night, and hopefully will be on tonight to give another run.

Vendal Thornheart
    Mazeltov
    Shenaaz
    Callistalia
    Xiaolin Enlai
    Zhou Enlai
    Edgar Verona

So add them to your friends list! We can get you into the allegiance which'll get you access to our private buff bots and the mansion (which has some more or less reliable portals to various places =) )

I don't know why it's crashing for you guys on load/patching... that's very odd.

Was this a problem for both of you last night? Maybe the server was wonky late last night? I was playing until about 8pm EST, but I stopped after that so I don't know. I'd try again, perhaps in a little bit.

I can see my interface and use it, but the "view screen" is blank and there's an hour glass. Then the link goes yellow, red, then drops me out of the game.

EDIT: Reading the forums it looks like a lot of people are having this issue as of late and there is no solution yet. Meeeh.

Esh on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Vendal Thornheart
    Mazeltov
    Shenaaz
    Callistalia
    Xiaolin Enlai
    Zhou Enlai
    Edgar Verona

I can see my interface and use it, but the "view screen" is blank and there's an hour glass. Then the link goes yellow, red, then drops me out of the game.

EDIT: Reading the forums it looks like a lot of people are having this issue as of late and there is no solution yet. Meeeh.

That is very odd. =( I wish I knew what's causing it. =( You're the first person I've heard of so far who's had that problem. Have you tried reinstalling?

Also EliteLamer, it is fairly dead (there's only about 200 people on Solclaim at a time or so), but that does mean less crowded dungeons if you hadn't seen the high level content before and were interested in looking at it. The allegiance all of us joined into is still going strong, there's usually at least 4-5 people in the allegiance online at any given time.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Vendal Thornheart
    Mazeltov
    Shenaaz
    Callistalia
    Xiaolin Enlai
    Zhou Enlai
    Edgar Verona

That is very odd. =( I wish I knew what's causing it. =( You're the first person I've heard of so far who's had that problem. Have you tried reinstalling?

Also EliteLamer, it is fairly dead (there's only about 200 people on Solclaim at a time or so), but that does mean less crowded dungeons if you hadn't seen the high level content before and were interested in looking at it. The allegiance all of us joined into is still going strong, there's usually at least 4-5 people in the allegiance online at any given time.

Yeah. That's not it. It's something to do with ports or what not. I have no idea really. The Forums are tended very well.

Esh on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well, looks like I'm getting disconnected every 5 minutes or so even though I was able to get through the patching process.

No way it's running on my netbook either. So looks like I'm out of commission until I get back home in California.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ahh... that would make sense. Okay, let me see.

You need to open the ports 9000 - 9013 apparently:

http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/asheronscall/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=1160

VThornheart on