Options

[Chat]al warming

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    On the Babyface topic, it did cross my mind every now and then that I stood out like a sore thumb at death metal/hardcore shows.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I caught a milksnake once. I named him Phillip and fed him pinky mice. Then I had to let him go. :(

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My snake still has pinkies/fuzzies D:

I know he could eat whole mice, but it's kinda gross seeing him stretch so much.

He's 11! He has an average life expectancy of 12-15 so he's doing well so far.

Janson on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Church wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    My cat wants to sit on my lap at all times. I am apparently an excellent chair.

SOMEBODY has to get some VC lap time in.

ITT: Jewcar is jealous of VC's cat.

So am I. I want a cat.

Summody give me a cat.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    My cat sits next to me and leans on me. Then she stares at me with this "'Sup?" expression on her face. Then she will climb up on the couch behind me and lick my hair because apparently I am filthy.

My cat sits in my fiancees lap while she plays game, but at night sleeps on me. Apparently she feels we both deserve equal cat laying on us time.

My cat just rolls on her back and wedges herself inbetween my girlfriend and I at night. Either that or she sits on my chest and stares at me while I sleep. It's kind of creepy, actually.

Have you ever woken up to have the cat laying on you looking at your eyes waiting for you to wake up? Quigley does that to me and it creeps me out.

God, that's exactly what I'm talking about. What the hell is wrong with our cats?

I dunno, I think quigley does it because she's a small cat and I figure she did it to her mother cat? Maybe to get her attention, I dunno it's just creepy.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    On the Babyface topic, it did cross my mind every now and then that I stood out like a sore thumb at death metal/hardcore shows.
    You'd probably stand out like a sore thumb at PAX, too. :P

Wait, do you know how to dress yourself without using anything anime-themed?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Have you ever woken up to have the cat laying on you looking at your eyes waiting for you to wake up? Quigley does that to me and it creeps me out.

God, that's exactly what I'm talking about. What the hell is wrong with our cats?

They're just bored, probably. Obviously you need to play with them more.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Janson wrote: »

I know he could eat whole mice, but it's kinda gross seeing him stretch so much.

What kind of snake?

Mine is a charcoal corn snake. He's about six or so months old and I'm upgrading him to fuzzies - you must have a pretty small snake to be 11 and still eating such small mice.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Anyone ever try to build their own PC? Isn't it great how everything seems perfect until everything manages to not work in ways that are so creative they subdue your anger?

After hours of work inside of the guts of the beast I find out that I can't press enter because I don't have the proper drivers installed.

Ironically the only way I can install the drivers is if I press enter on my keyboard. Haha..ah..
    I was able to do it. Also, I didn't have to install any drivers for my keyboard to work. I'm not sure what the hell you're doing wrong.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Malkor wrote: »
    So Babyface, the famous R&B producer & artist just came out with an album of, like Bread and James Taylor covers. Totally whitebread stuff. I heard him interviewed about it and he was totally earnest and unapologetic, saying that this was the music that he'd grown up with and loved.

It kind of got me thinking of how there's this kind of assumption that white and black people in the US grow up with totally divergent cultures when it comes to music and entertainment. The interviewer was just boggled at the idea of an R&B luminary having grown up and appreciating the same music that pretty much everyone else who grew up at that time listened to and appreciated.

I guess it's pretty much routine now that white kids will listen to "black music," but it's somehow a subversive cultural statement for a black person to admit to listening to "white music". Odd.

I regularly go to punk shows. I stick out like a hippie wearing dreadlocks at a Hot Boys performance.

Yeah the only black punk artists I can really think of offhand are Bad Brains. I dunno - I'd think that more black people would be pissed at the kinds of cultural expectations that get levied on them with respect to what they have to listen to or watch on TV or whatever.

Ha, Babyface went to my high school.

Indianapolis, right? He was talking in the interview about how when he was in high school people would sit around campfires and listen to James Taylor and so forth, and that was kind of where he started in Music. I know that Babyface isn't exactly a figure in the gangsta movement and so forth but it was kind of an interesting picture to me.

Indianapolis is right. North Central High School, to be exact. He most likely lived in a nice suburb. Though he worked with some "gangsta" artists, he was probably raised middle-class.

He's about 10 years or so older than me, but what he described sounds about right.

EDIT: I did not realize he was 49. I thought he was maybe in his mid 30's. OK, that makes him 27 years older than me.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    They're waiting for you to die, because your eyes look so tasty.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

They're just bored, probably. Obviously you need to play with them more.

My cat is a giant. She probably weights a good 20lbs or so, and she isn't fat. She runs around constantly and we wrestle and stuff.

She will also play fetch and swim.

Her name is Cammy and I wuv her.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Anyone ever try to build their own PC? Isn't it great how everything seems perfect until everything manages to not work in ways that are so creative they subdue your anger?

After hours of work inside of the guts of the beast I find out that I can't press enter because I don't have the proper drivers installed.

Ironically the only way I can install the drivers is if I press enter on my keyboard. Haha..ah..
    I was able to do it. Also, I didn't have to install any drivers for my keyboard to work. I'm not sure what the hell you're doing wrong.

Maybe he's trying to use one of those fancy-schmancy wireless ones.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007

I'm pretty sure he fucked up the chicken-sacrifice.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I dunno, I think quigley does it because she's a small cat and I figure she did it to her mother cat? Maybe to get her attention, I dunno it's just creepy.

It's so damned adorable when they keep some of their kitten behaviors, but also often annoying. Ever had an adult cat trying to burrow under you until it nearly knocked you off the bed?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

What kind of fucked-up keyboard do you have that it needs drivers that don't come with Windows by default?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    So what's the deal with that? I mean it's super-common for white people and especially white kids to do the whole cultural-appropriation thing. White kids wearing around kilts or really into hip-hop or gangsta rap or wearing bandanas and calling everyone ese or getting all otaku about Japanese shit. It's even not uncommon among Asians and Hispanics to culturally appropriate.

But there seems to be a whole lot of pressure on black people to avoid any other kind of cultural appropriation and look down on other black people who do. I'm not sure I really understand it.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm not too big on the whole reptiles as pets thing.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »

I've never dressed myself anime themed. Although about five years ago I had a shirt that said "Off Duty Ninja". I mostly wear obscure band shirts and abercrombie to further confuse onlookers.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Wheee...new gay marriage thread fetus!

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »

It's so damned adorable when they keep some of their kitten behaviors, but also often annoying. Ever had an adult cat trying to burrow under you until it nearly knocked you off the bed?

Oh I have you beat there, I used to have a German shepard who tried to sleep with me in a twin bed. Sasha was about 90 pounds and liked to spread out. I'd usually wake up in the morning with a big shepard draped over me breathing in my face.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Aegis wrote: »
    Wheee...new gay marriage thread fetus!
    Now that's the kind of thread I can get into.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

I've never dressed myself anime themed. Although about five years ago I had a shirt that said "Off Duty Ninja". I mostly wear obscure band shirts and abercrombie to further confuse onlookers.
    Nerdcore bands?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Janson wrote: »

What kind of snake?

Mine is a charcoal corn snake. He's about six or so months old and I'm upgrading him to fuzzies - you must have a pretty small snake to be 11 and still eating such small mice.

He's a five foot long corn snake.

He just eats a lot of fuzzies in one go.

snake_03.jpg

Here he is pretending to be a belt:

snake_belt.jpg

Janson on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2007

"Hey you know Edward - the preppy black guy who goes to PAX"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007

I never needed any sort of driver disk for wireless ones, but I've only used them with xp and vista.

I've built bunches of PCs, and never needed drivers to get an enter key to work.

install a mouse first, or if other buttons on the keyboard work, use the tab key to get focus to the OK button, and then hit the space bar. or alt and o.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh, wow, he looks great. That's a normal morph, right? Good colors.

You could at least feed hoppers. :P Poor guy. He lives off appetizers! :(

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    "I have to go home and feed my snake" is generally about on the level of "I sure would like to sit down and talk with a girl someday"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

"Hey you know Edward - the preppy black guy who goes to PAX"

haha did someone actually say that?

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    redx wrote: »

I never needed any sort of driver disk for wireless ones, but I've only used them with xp and vista.

I've built bunches of PCs, and never needed drivers to get an enter key to work.

He can't get into his OS.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I want a doggy so bad.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I'm stuck using the Wii so I can't multi-quote but to Than's comment.

It's just a USB keyboard. My copy of XP pro is at university and all we had here was an old XP Home CD. Much to my dismay, SP1 does not install the files needed to use a usb keyboard until after initial setup.

Will, I have no idea. I think it has something to do with the self segregation that blacks in America have forced themselves into. I think it creates a sense of false unity and anyone breaking that perceived unity is viewed as a threat, thus the ridicule and mockery.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    If your pet isn't fuzzy, you're doing it wrong.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    "I have to go home and feed my snake" is generally about on the level of "I sure would like to sit down and talk with a girl someday"

:P

I don't really see the point of reptiles as pets thing either, but I wouldn't say such mean things.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007

I don't really see the point of reptiles as pets thing either, but I wouldn't say such mean things.

Irene just likes snakes inside her, not as pets.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I'm not so sure about nerdcore. Outside of MC Chris I don't think i'm guilty.

I've never been to PAX, although a girl (Giselle, if it rings a bell) I know from high school does or did have some minor role at the event.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Oh, wow, he looks great. That's a normal morph, right? Good colors.

You could at least feed hoppers. :P Poor guy. He lives off appetizers! :(

Yes! He's beautiful, and also a slut. I think he's in more facebook photos than I am.

Maybe I'll ring my mother and let her know she can feed him bigger mice, then! I wish I could have him with me, but I've moved around too many times in the past few years.

He used to dance to my funky beats. He likes bass.

Janson on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm sure Janson is plenty popular with girls. You guys are just mean.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Irene just likes snakes inside her, not as pets.

Ok, this time I know it's on purpose. Not falling for it this time either! :P

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I don't get the difference. A pet is a pet. Why is going home to feed your cat more socially acceptable than going home to feed your snake? Or Bearded Dragon? Or whatever?

Besides, for my lifestyle, a cat would be too much effort. Also, I really don't have anywhere to put a litterbox. A snake takes such a small amount of work to care for and are really easy to keep clean and healthy.

Nova_C on
This discussion has been closed.