Options

[Chat]al warming

• Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    Good god, I could not be more exhausted right now.

Did you work though all the crap that piled up?
    Some of it. Some of it was crap that doesn't just "go away" though.

:(

You should listen to Salome, it'll make you feel better.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    My cat wants to sit on my lap at all times. I am apparently an excellent chair.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Malkor wrote: »
    So Babyface, the famous R&B producer & artist just came out with an album of, like Bread and James Taylor covers. Totally whitebread stuff. I heard him interviewed about it and he was totally earnest and unapologetic, saying that this was the music that he'd grown up with and loved.

It kind of got me thinking of how there's this kind of assumption that white and black people in the US grow up with totally divergent cultures when it comes to music and entertainment. The interviewer was just boggled at the idea of an R&B luminary having grown up and appreciating the same music that pretty much everyone else who grew up at that time listened to and appreciated.

I guess it's pretty much routine now that white kids will listen to "black music," but it's somehow a subversive cultural statement for a black person to admit to listening to "white music". Odd.

I regularly go to punk shows. I stick out like a hippie wearing dreadlocks at a Hot Boys performance.

Yeah the only black punk artists I can really think of offhand are Bad Brains. I dunno - I'd think that more black people would be pissed at the kinds of cultural expectations that get levied on them with respect to what they have to listen to or watch on TV or whatever.

Ha, Babyface went to my high school.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    ITT church reminds us that he never lets anything go

I am fucking relentless.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ooh, or a miniature pet cactus that I can take with me everywhere.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Just remember Inqui, it's not sexy to try and shove that up a womans hoo haa, my ex had problems pissing for a weak.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007

That's so cute. You should take a picture and share it with us.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh...oh my

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Preacher wrote: »
    Just remember Inqui, it's not sexy to try and shove that up a womans hoo haa, my ex had problems pissing for a weak.

I know you said that just to make me go *facepalm*. Well I'm not falling for it this time!

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    chatal warming is bullshit.

Duki on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2007

SOMEBODY has to get some VC lap time in.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hehe, it's hard to get a more English photo:

_44284606_richard_hunt.jpg

(well okay jaffa cakes could be there too)

Janson on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »

ITT: Jewcar is jealous of VC's cat.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Janson wrote: »
    Hehe, it's hard to get a more English photo:

snip

(well okay jaffa cakes could be there too)

What are jaffa cakes? And did that use to be the Thames or something?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My cat sits next to me and leans on me. Then she stares at me with this "'Sup?" expression on her face. Then she will climb up on the couch behind me and lick my hair because apparently I am filthy.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007

I know you said that just to make me go *facepalm*. Well I'm not falling for it this time!

No really, she was some kind of plant lover or something, and she always wanted to try her little cactus up there, but didn't have the courage on her own, so I helped and yeah results were as one could imagine.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Church wrote: »

I am fucking annoying about a lot of things.

Anyway, thought I'd link this due largely to our collective crush on Mr. Bale.

http://www.avclub.com/content/blog/a_filmgoer_s_guide_to_bad_sex_with

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You're all retarded, I think. Feist is excellent, especially the new CD.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Good god, I could not be more exhausted right now.

Did you work though all the crap that piled up?
    Some of it. Some of it was crap that doesn't just "go away" though.

:(

You should listen to Salome, it'll make you feel better.
    I've got Monteverdi going for now. It'll do.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

I don't think VC's lap can handle me.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    My cat sits next to me and leans on me. Then she stares at me with this "'Sup?" expression on her face. Then she will climb up on the couch behind me and lick my hair because apparently I am filthy.

My cat sits in my fiancees lap while she plays game, but at night sleeps on me. Apparently she feels we both deserve equal cat laying on us time.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

So am I. I want a cat.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2007
    And your face is apparently an excellent scratching post. Designate your chest as an excellent litter box and you'll be the complete package.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Jaffa cakes cannot be described because they are too godly

That is apparently Droitwich High Street, wikipedia says it's a small town in Worcestershire (22,585 inhabitants)

Janson on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    My cat is deaf and old and has arthritis and sometimes gets confused and will just stand there making the most horrible meowing sound.

I still love her to pieces though.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I love cats but damn I'm allergic to them :(

I can cope so long as they don't get in my bedroom or on my clothes. But that's no fun!

Janson on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007

That is apparently Droitwich High Street, wikipedia says it's a small town in Worcestershire (22,585 inhabitants)

That's a small city. A small town is <5K pop. Like my hometown when I was growing up (Now it's 15K, but whatever).

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

My cat sits in my fiancees lap while she plays game, but at night sleeps on me. Apparently she feels we both deserve equal cat laying on us time.

My cat just rolls on her back and wedges herself inbetween my girlfriend and I at night. Either that or she sits on my chest and stares at me while I sleep. It's kind of creepy, actually.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Anyone ever try to build their own PC? Isn't it great how everything seems perfect until everything manages to not work in ways that are so creative they subdue your anger?

After hours of work inside of the guts of the beast I find out that I can't press enter because I don't have the proper drivers installed.

Ironically the only way I can install the drivers is if I press enter on my keyboard. Haha..ah..

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    So Babyface, the famous R&B producer & artist just came out with an album of, like Bread and James Taylor covers. Totally whitebread stuff. I heard him interviewed about it and he was totally earnest and unapologetic, saying that this was the music that he'd grown up with and loved.

It kind of got me thinking of how there's this kind of assumption that white and black people in the US grow up with totally divergent cultures when it comes to music and entertainment. The interviewer was just boggled at the idea of an R&B luminary having grown up and appreciating the same music that pretty much everyone else who grew up at that time listened to and appreciated.

I guess it's pretty much routine now that white kids will listen to "black music," but it's somehow a subversive cultural statement for a black person to admit to listening to "white music". Odd.

I regularly go to punk shows. I stick out like a hippie wearing dreadlocks at a Hot Boys performance.

Yeah the only black punk artists I can really think of offhand are Bad Brains. I dunno - I'd think that more black people would be pissed at the kinds of cultural expectations that get levied on them with respect to what they have to listen to or watch on TV or whatever.

Ha, Babyface went to my high school.

Indianapolis, right? He was talking in the interview about how when he was in high school people would sit around campfires and listen to James Taylor and so forth, and that was kind of where he started in Music. I know that Babyface isn't exactly a figure in the gangsta movement and so forth but it was kind of an interesting picture to me.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    You're all retarded, I think. Feist is excellent, especially the new CD.
    You would.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Gooey either you have a troll in your home that is sucking out your soul while you sleep that your cat is protecting you from OR your cat is sucking out your soul while you sleep.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I love cats but damn I'm allergic to them :(

I can cope so long as they don't get in my bedroom or on my clothes. But that's no fun!

That is the worst sort of pain. D:

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

My cat just rolls on her back and wedges herself inbetween my girlfriend and I at night. Either that or she sits on my chest and stares at me while I sleep. It's kind of creepy, actually.

Have you ever woken up to have the cat laying on you looking at your eyes waiting for you to wake up? Quigley does that to me and it creeps me out.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Church wrote: »

I am fucking annoying about a lot of things.

Anyway, thought I'd link this due largely to our collective crush on Mr. Bale.

http://www.avclub.com/content/blog/a_filmgoer_s_guide_to_bad_sex_with

Haha: "Reign Of Fire: Too embarrassed about being in this movie to relax and open up emotionally."

And that list is crap, she left out Little Women.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Have you ever woken up to have the cat laying on you looking at your eyes waiting for you to wake up? Quigley does that to me and it creeps me out.

God, that's exactly what I'm talking about. What the hell is wrong with our cats?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hey, since everyone is talking pets, I decided to try giving my snake a fuzzy last night (It's a size of mouse. Pinkies are the smallest, then fuzzies, then hoppers, then adults). I'd only fed him pinkies, but he's been growing alot, so I thought what the hell. Holy crap but fuzzies are a lot bigger than pinkies. More of a difference than I expected. Still, he ate it, even though it was twice as big around as his head. Snakes are so awesome.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »

That's a small city. A small town is <5K pop. Like my hometown when I was growing up (Now it's 15K, but whatever).

Pfft, that's a village

A city ain't a city unless it's 100,000 people or bigger, in my eyes. My home town has 98,000 inhabitants and that felt pretty small at times.

Sheffield's half a million and that feels about right, I'm still within three miles of the countryside but it's not very far to the city centre and lots of shopping.

Janson on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    That town looks dreadfully flooded.

Mind sending us some of that water? We're sort of having a drought.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Snakes are so awesome.

Incenjucar on
This discussion has been closed.