As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Capcom vs Tatsunoko?

1101112131416»

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Okay, never having owned a Wii, this is gonna sound like a dumb-ass question:
    How exactly does the Wii implement online multiplayer? I remember reading that people needed your friend ID to play you online in Brawl, for example. Does this mean you can't just host an open lobby and wait for people to challenge you?

I'm interested in picking up a Wii and TvC, but I need online multiplayer because there aren't a lot of other players in my area.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Okay, never having owned a Wii, this is gonna sound like a dumb-ass question:
    How exactly does the Wii implement online multiplayer? I remember reading that people needed your friend ID to play you online in Brawl, for example. Does this mean you can't just host an open lobby and wait for people to challenge you?

I'm interested in picking up a Wii and TvC, but I need online multiplayer because there aren't a lot of other players in my area.

There's no communication unless you exchange long ass numeric friend codes. Otherwise, it's like playing on GFWL without messaging or voice chat.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Brawl has play random folks but no lobby system.

This game...who knows? It's all left up to developers like the PS2 was back in the day.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hmm. I'm okay with the no messaging deal, I used to play on Live on the original xbox. And so long as I can get to play randoms online I think I can justify the purchase. I guess I'm gonna wait and see how they implement the online component before committing.

I love fighting games, but with no one to play with locally, the online is a must.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Developers can do whatever they want, however the friends code system is provided standard by Nintendo for 'free' if they don't want to do their own system

FyreWulff on