As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My boss just found out about my criminal record (and other tales of employment)

• Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Interview over.

The dude seemed to like me. The place is far far more sedate than my previous gig. Eh. Though, they are stable and have a pretty solid approach to things there.

Same here. Interview went very well and they're inviting me over for a second, more concrete talk with their director.

They're much more solid and sensible compared to the agency I'm currently at, which is a good thing.

The city is pretty amazing also, I had four hours to kill after the interview before my train came so I wandered around downtown Hamburg.

Iskander on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Iskander wrote: »
    Interview over.

The dude seemed to like me. The place is far far more sedate than my previous gig. Eh. Though, they are stable and have a pretty solid approach to things there.

Same here. Interview went very well and they're inviting me over for a second, more concrete talk with their director.

They're much more solid and sensible compared to the agency I'm currently at, which is a good thing.

The city is pretty amazing also, I had four hours to kill after the interview before my train came so I wandered around downtown Hamburg.

Good to hear, man.

Ahh, so much fun are the agencies that are all crazy and frantic, so much more stable are those that are measured and sensible.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    I'll take sensible and stable over crazy and frantic any day

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Interview over.

It was for a PR gig, but he's also going to shop my stuff around to the creative department, which is awesome.

I'm pleased.

I also have a solid amount of freelance copy work to do this week. Yay being able to pay rent!

Welcome to PR.

Here is your internet for wasting time on.

sarukun on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I like crazy and frantic

Javen on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    I like crazy and frantic

Duh, you own a restaurant.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    I like crazy and frantic
    IN BED

Iskander on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    B.C. wrote: »
    Guys you know what sucks?
    Working a double shift at Subway.
    making two footlongs in a row?

How about an hour long nonstop session because the college game just let out?
    We made close to a thousand dollars in that hour alone.

at least you'll see a fair slice of that

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Raneados wrote: »
    go to a big n tall store you weenie

my older brother's in the same boat

fuckers wears like 17's american

i don't think cork has a big n tall store.

another failure by cork

Why the fuck are you in Cork???

I work here, cause I'm awesome.

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    so not quite work-related news, but tangentially associated as it regards furthering my career

I retook the GRE today since my scores expired a couple of months ago. Still waiting for my writing scores (obviously), but I got 800 Math 690 Verbal. I think I could've done better if I'd actually studied vocab, but then maybe not.

the wook on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Iskander wrote: »
    Interview over.

Good to hear, man.

Ahh, so much fun are the agencies that are all crazy and frantic, so much more stable are those that are measured and sensible.

you live near lancaster right? i think you were one of the organizers of the hershey park thing right? do you mind if i ask where you applied? i really need a new job.

I work at a printing company and we just went to "flex scheduling", which means you don't go to work if you are not needed.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    sarukun wrote: »
    Interview over.

It was for a PR gig, but he's also going to shop my stuff around to the creative department, which is awesome.

I'm pleased.

I also have a solid amount of freelance copy work to do this week. Yay being able to pay rent!

Welcome to PR.

Oh, I am far from new to PR. It does however come in waves.

And, Dru, I totally agree. I like frantic and fast paced, but I also like a modicum of responsibility from the upper upper management.

This place has been around since 1947. In agency land, that's insane.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    the wook wrote: »
    so not quite work-related news, but tangentially associated as it regards furthering my career

I retook the GRE today since my scores expired a couple of months ago. Still waiting for my writing scores (obviously), but I got 800 Math 690 Verbal. I think I could've done better if I'd actually studied vocab, but then maybe not.
    you would have scored much higher on an oral component

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008

you live near lancaster right? i think you were one of the organizers of the hershey park thing right? do you mind if i ask where you applied? i really need a new job.

I work at a printing company and we just went to "flex scheduling", which means you don't go to work if you are not needed.

Yes, I live in Lancaster.

Interesting about the flex scheduling. Is work really that spotty?

I know someone who is really well connected with most of the printers around here. Shoot me a PM with some of your info (i.e. what you do, experience, etc..) I can ask around if anyone is looking for your skill set.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Wren wrote: »

Nah, I think they'll get at least a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiL8tafYcxc

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    just got an e-mail from a potential employer asking if i wanted to work full-time or part-time. fingers crossed.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I'm going to my first commercial audition today
    Wish me luck
    and by luck I mean not throwing up on somebody
    I do not expect to be hired

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I thought you wished people going on stage to break a leg. Break some legs BusterK, break all the legs.

You'll get the job if your competition all have broken legs.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wren wrote: »

Nah, I think they'll get at least a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiL8tafYcxc

Fuck you
    Fuck you
    Fuck you

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    no work again today
    dammit

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I got called for an elementary school today
    I felt bad turning it down
    I could really use the $117

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I got a call from the call center I applied to yesterday.

I hope I get the job. I badly need money.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    sarukun wrote: »
    Interview over.

I'm pleased.

Welcome to PR.

Oh, I am far from new to PR. It does however come in waves.

And, Dru, I totally agree. I like frantic and fast paced, but I also like a modicum of responsibility from the upper upper management.

This place has been around since 1947. In agency land, that's insane.

Oh shit Zip, are you at Ogilvy?
    Because I totally am

Iskander on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Anyone know anything about the company Stream Global?

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So tomorrow I have two rehearsals and a performance.

I have not seen the music for one of the rehearsals, nor have I ever played with the other musicians.

The other rehearsal is for a show that opens thursday.

Awesome.

Khavall on
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    BusterK wrote: »

Are you a paid rapist?

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    god someone make Them give me my clearance faster!

so bored D:

Ledneh on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    potential employer just asked when would be a good time for an interview. things are looking good!

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    BusterK wrote: »

Are you a paid rapist?

Great work if you can get it

BusterK on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    hey guys i'm about to submit my resume to the UCI School of Medicine's Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

gross

the wook on
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    hey guys i'm about to submit my resume to the UCI School of Medicine's Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

gross

What would you be doing there?

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I've recently got myself a new job as a life model for some drawing classes at the fine arts school here at university.

10$/hr. to stand there and look dynamic.

Plus I get to add "professional naked dude" to my business cards.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Theidar wrote: »

gross

Under direction of the PI, incumbent functions as general Molecular and Cellular Biology laboratory manager responsible for ordering supplies, keeping inventory, and ensuring lab safety/cleaning/general maintenance. Incumbent is an independent worker with experience in general techniques including cloning, DNA/RNA/protein sample preparation and analysis, RT-PCR, immunohistochemistry, transcription and protein kinase assays, primary cell culture and maintenance of cell lines, cell transfection, and immunoassays. Incumbent is required to pick up and process placental tissue specimens at nearby hospitals. The incumbent must be familiar with standard lab equipment and have knowledge of laboratory safety, including waste handling and disposal techniques.

D:

the wook on
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    eeeewww, nearby

ascot on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Oh, just placental samples, that's not so bad.

Sounds like some of those test you have to run are going to be on STD infected vaginal discharge, which is much more nasty in my mind.

Theidar on
    Facebook
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

gross

He will be making sure they have a lot of incoming patients by impregnating all the women.

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Unless a different department handles those, in which case you lucked out.

Theidar on
    Facebook
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Oh, just placental samples, that's not so bad.

Sounds like some of those test you have to run are going to be on STD infected vaginal discharge, which is much more nasty in my mind.

D:D:D:

gross

the wook on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Like I added, you may be lucky enough to just deal with placental tissue and blood and some poor other dude has to handle the chlamydia goo.

Theidar on
    Facebook
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    edited October 2008

gross

Under direction of the PI, incumbent functions as general Molecular and Cellular Biology laboratory manager responsible for ordering supplies, keeping inventory, and ensuring lab safety/cleaning/general maintenance. Incumbent is an independent worker with experience in general techniques including cloning, DNA/RNA/protein sample preparation and analysis, RT-PCR, immunohistochemistry, transcription and protein kinase assays, primary cell culture and maintenance of cell lines, cell transfection, and immunoassays. Incumbent is required to pick up and process placental tissue specimens at nearby hospitals. The incumbent must be familiar with standard lab equipment and have knowledge of laboratory safety, including waste handling and disposal techniques.
    D:
    dude
    cold placenta sandwiches mmmmm

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.