As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Aliens Colonial Marines teaser...AND I WILL TRY AGAIN TYVM

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    altmann wrote: »
    It's Drake, not Marines.

I checked the subtitles on my DVD, dude. It's Marines. Given all the background noise it does sound kinda like Drake, but it's definitely marines.

Maybe they aint hearing it right. :P

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's Drake, not Marines.

Look into my eye.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    Spiffy MageSpiffy Mage Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    All right sweethearts, what are you waiting for, breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps. A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal is a banquet. Every paycheck a fortune. Every formation a parade. I LOVE the corps!

Spiffy Mage on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man, this floor is freezing.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    The Alien film franchise has had its problems. There are still people who are angry the original Alien 3 teaser said they were going to Earth and the actual movie had nothing to do with the aliens getting loose on Earth.

Not to mention the better, if continuity-destroying, William Gibson script for Alien 3 which got turned down in favor of the much cheaper one we got. Which while it has its merits, just doesn't feel like a worthy sequel to Aliens. A decent sequel to Alien since it has many of the same elements. I'd have split the franchise- do "Aliens 2" and "Alien 2", with action-horror and straight-up horror being the focus in each respective version.

EDIT: "MARINES! We are LEAVING!"

My biggest problem with Alien 3 was the slap in the face to James Cameron and the fans of the Second movie by killing Hicks off like a fucking Chump.

I'm still sore about that. :x

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    wyrlsswyrlss Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This is clearly an important species we're dealing with and I don't think you or I or anybody has the right to arbitrarily exterminate them.

wyrlss on
    K9Violator.png
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    wyrlss wrote: »
    This is clearly an important species we're dealing with and I don't think you or I or anybody has the right to arbitrarily exterminate them.

"I made a bad call, Ripley. A bad call."

"A bad call? These people are DEAD, Burke!"

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    HerrCron wrote: »

What do you want me to do, fetch your slippers?

Okay, I'm rewatching that right this second. *finds DVD*

Echo on
  • Options
    wyrlsswyrlss Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but FOX does have the rights to Aliens, Predator, and Terminator, yeah? So a game with those three ridiculously powerful factions could come out, right?

wyrlss on
    K9Violator.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Some Alien love:

"What's the matter? The food isn't that bad!"

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    "Yeah but the one you had was male."

"Don't matter when it's ARCTURIAN baby!"

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    so are we just repeating quotes we've already mentioned over and over now?

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    so are we just repeating quotes we've already mentioned over and over now?

Looks like she don't like the cornbread either.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    wyrlss wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but FOX does have the rights to Aliens, Predator, and Terminator, yeah? So a game with those three ridiculously powerful factions could come out, right?

Well, those would be movie rights. Then there are game rights.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    goddamit. I just read through the thread and both my quotes have been said already. Fuck you guys.

Here:

"She says the jungle, it just came alive and took him"

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    An Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator movie would basically be the greatest work of cinema ever made or that could ever be made

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I read the thread title as "ALLEN'S" Colonial Marines teaser...and wondered who the hell Allen was. (I need to take a nap)

Scotty on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Olivaw wrote: »
    An Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator movie would basically be the greatest work of cinema ever made or that could ever be made
    That's what people said about Aliens Vs. Predator. Given the current trend, it would basically be cancer in film form.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Olivaw wrote: »
    That's what people said about Aliens Vs. Predator. Given the current trend, it would basically be cancer in film form.

You'd need to make someone else watch it within seven days to pass the curse on.

Echo on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I want a facehugger to impregnate a terminator.

The chest burster would have metal skin.

The drone would have red glowing eyes and sunglasses.

Also your boots and your motorcycle.

edit: Good god I just found a website where some guy details a TIMELINE for aliens vs predator vs terminator vs robocop. Like he actually tries to make a timeline which would make everything fit in. It's glorious.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Arch Guru XXArch Guru XX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Klyka wrote: »
    edit: Good god I just found a website where some guy details a TIMELINE for aliens vs predator vs terminator vs robocop. Like he actually tries to make a timeline which would make everything fit in. It's glorious.

He should have gone for broke and included TMNT. I wonder what you get when you cross an alien with a ninja turtle. I'm pretty sure it would be awesome.

Also there was a Batman vs. Aliens comic back in the day where a facehugger nailed an alligator, and you got a gigantic alienogator of DOOM. The story was retarded but I though the monster was kind of cool. Of course, they had that book next to Superman vs. Aliens, where the aliens were strong and fast enough to cut superman, while in the Batman book Batman dodged an attack and lassoed the inner jaw of an alien. The inconsistency of the aliens' capabilities definitely started a bit of nerd rage in me.

Arch Guru XX on
    Should have been a rock star.
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Batman vs. Predator was fucking awesome though.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Actually

I came up with a better concept: Predator vs Jurassic park.

Think about it, it makes perfect sense!

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    HerrCron wrote: »

What do you want me to do, fetch your slippers?

Okay, I'm rewatching that right this second. *finds DVD*

Yeah, I think I know what's going to be on in the background during the WoW raid tonight.

If it looks like we're going to wipe, I'm totally going to crank the volume and send the "GAME OVER" bit across vent.

If they have souls, composure will be lost.

Otherwise I'll know who to frag in advance to prevent them from becoming hosts down the road.
    Batman vs. Predator was fucking awesome though.

Yeah, it was pretty good. Alfred has an especially badass moment in it.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I still say it's "Drake! We are leaving!"

I don't care what the subtitles say.

"We're on an express elevator to hell! Goin' down!"

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I still say it's "Drake! We are leaving!"

He's also talking to Vasquez, though. And the line is cooler the way it is- despite being ambushed by horrifying space aliens, Hicks is still forming his sentences as if they were departing a restaurant.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    Mr. GruntorMr. Gruntor CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    For everyone who despises Alien 3, check out the trilogy of Aliens comics by Mark Verheiden. They were written before Alien 3, and form kind of an alternate sequel to Aliens . They've been conveniently gathered together in omnibus format (along with many of the other Aliens comics that followed). Note that the versions in the omnibus are the 1997 re-releases, which added colour and changed some of the names (e.g., Newt and Hicks became Billie and Wilks) in order to maintain continuity with the films.

"Five metres, man! Four! ...What the hell?!"

Mr. Gruntor on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I want a facehugger to impregnate a terminator.

The chest burster would have metal skin.

The drone would have red glowing eyes and sunglasses.

Also your boots and your motorcycle.

But the Terminator isn't alive. Aliens need live beings to impregnate.

Thus no facehugger's love in the mouth for Arnie

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

That can't be thats inside the room

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

He should have gone for broke and included TMNT. I wonder what you get when you cross an alien with a ninja turtle. I'm pretty sure it would be awesome.

Also there was a Batman vs. Aliens comic back in the day where a facehugger nailed an alligator, and you got a gigantic alienogator of DOOM. The story was retarded but I though the monster was kind of cool. Of course, they had that book next to Superman vs. Aliens, where the aliens were strong and fast enough to cut superman, while in the Batman book Batman dodged an attack and lassoed the inner jaw of an alien. The inconsistency of the aliens' capabilities definitely started a bit of nerd rage in me.

You missed the first part of the book where they had Superman fly far enough away from the planet earth that he got weaker. I mean he wasn't thinking "Shit I'm getting weak, these puny things can cut me now" at all at any point in the book. (Like every second page) So the aliens were the same strength as always, they made Superman weaker.
    Plus Superman lost anyway, the aliens got the person he was trying to save, which always makes him go "Ugh, WAIL ANGST NASH TEETH"

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Actually

I came up with a better concept: Predator vs Jurassic park.

Think about it, it makes perfect sense!

They did that in the novels.

<3Machiko Noguchi<3

TL DR on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    For everyone who despises Alien 3, check out the trilogy of Aliens comics by Mark Verheiden. They were written before Alien 3, and form kind of an alternate sequel to Aliens . They've been conveniently gathered together in omnibus format (along with many of the other Aliens comics that followed). Note that the versions in the omnibus are the 1997 re-releases, which added colour and changed some of the names (e.g., Newt and Hicks became Billie and Wilks) in order to maintain continuity with the films.

I have the first one of those, and while the first two stories are excellent, it pretty much goes to shit when Ripley is introduced in Female War. It contradicts the entire secondary canon they've established by changing the characters' names (and they never namedropped Ripley, either). They also make the story much more about her instead of Billie/Wilks, and the art is TERRIBLE to boot.

Two out of three ain't bad (it's worth getting at that price), but I'd rather they just nuked that shit from orbit.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Cherrn wrote: »

I have the first one of those, and while the first two stories are excellent, it pretty much goes to shit when Ripley is introduced in Female War. It contradicts the entire secondary canon they've established by changing the characters' names (and they never namedropped Ripley, either). They also make the story much more about her instead of Billie/Wilks, and the art is TERRIBLE to boot.

Two out of three ain't bad (it's worth getting at that price), but I'd rather they just nuked that shit from orbit.

That's nudged a memory back for me. I remember reading The Female War novel years back and wondering who Billie and Wilks were. So there was more stories before that one without Ripley?

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Whoa, no this installation has a substantial dollar value attached to it.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    And you, you little bitch. You're staying here.

'Fuck you too. *purrr*'
    well that's what the cat LOOKED like it was thinking.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MikeRyu wrote: »

That's nudged a memory back for me. I remember reading The Female War novel years back and wondering who Billie and Wilks were. So there was more stories before that one without Ripley?

Yeah, at least two (I'm not sure what comes after Female War, other than Rogue, which doesn't feature them); Outbreak and Nightmare Asylum. Both are great. Earth gets fucked properly by the Xenomorph. They're written by Mark Verheiden, who's now a writer on the new Battlestar Galactica, so it's high quality.

Except Female War. I don't know what happened there. Apparently they edited out all the Ripley references in the Omnibus (which I personally think is a good idea), leaving only a single panel or some such where they mention a female soldier who liberated Billie from her infested homeworld. That's it. Then, Ripley shows up with a bunch of guns in the last panel of Nightmare Asylum and suddenly it goes into film canon, only with Hicks/Newt being entirely different characters than they were in the movie.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I didn't read the comics.

I read the re-worked novelisations.

So. Frikkin. BAD.

subedii on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It sounds complicated.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ripwey!

I'm coming Newt!

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, at least two (I'm not sure what comes after Female War, other than Rogue, which doesn't feature them); Outbreak and Nightmare Asylum. Both are great. Earth gets fucked properly by the Xenomorph. They're written by Mark Verheiden, who's now a writer on the new Battlestar Galactica, so it's high quality.

I had those. They were so damn good.

Especially Nightmare Asylum. Crazy fucker tried to tame the Aliens....

HerrCron on
    sig.gif