As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Shammy chat!

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well, shocking during Maiden as melee sucks. You are silence off and on all the damn time, and my first priority was spamming the Grounding Totem button until it actually cast :) I spammed Shocks when I could and probably didn't keep track of Fire/Earth rotation very well. Good point though.

Yea, my crit rate unbuffed is around 25 percent, 28ish buffed I think?

Bigity on
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    WWS says you managed about ~19% crit rate on maiden. You must have gotten terribly unlucky ;)

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Yea, but less than two minutes is a wildly inaccurate data set anyway :P

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    This is our enhancement shaman that doesn't suck, by the way. That was our first night on solarian, so that fight's way out of whack, but everything else was fairly clean.

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    zomg I am already out DPSing some of the people in your raid. Sign me up for the big leagues! ;)

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    God you have no idea, getting some of these people to do what they need to do to get some decent DPS out is like pulling teeth.

Steel teeth.

Welded to steel jaws.

With more steel.

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    For those of y'all who follow the PvP system more closely than I, please tell me if these assumptions are true:

- Patch 2.4 will appear in mid-May, shockingly coinciding with the release of AGE OF CONAN and possibly WARHAMMER ONLINE.

- Patch 2.4 will make the Season 2 Arena gear available as "regular" PVP awards for Honor Points and BG tokens.

- If the Season 2 gear is available, the Season 1 gear (the Gladiator's ____ stuff) will see their Honor prices discounted. So rather than bust my butt grinding honor to get one of the One-Hand/Off-Hand weapons combos, I'm better off saving my Honor 'til May when the prices will be cheaper, or spending it on the upcoming Season 2 Vengeful Gladiator gear.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    At this point, I'm feeling reasonably sure the patch is at most 3 weeks away, maybe as little as 2.

Unless they totally like to ignore crashing bugs for Macs.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think they may just remove the Season 1 gear, not reduce the prices.

And isn't warhammer not due until the end of the year?

shadowane on
  • Options
    frylockedfrylocked Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fairchild wrote: »
    For those of y'all who follow the PvP system more closely than I, please tell me if these assumptions are true:

- Patch 2.4 will appear in mid-May, shockingly coinciding with the release of AGE OF CONAN and possibly WARHAMMER ONLINE.

- Patch 2.4 will make the Season 2 Arena gear available as "regular" PVP awards for Honor Points and BG tokens.

- If the Season 2 gear is available, the Season 1 gear (the Gladiator's ____ stuff) will see their Honor prices discounted. So rather than bust my butt grinding honor to get one of the One-Hand/Off-Hand weapons combos, I'm better off saving my Honor 'til May when the prices will be cheaper, or spending it on the upcoming Season 2 Vengeful Gladiator gear.

If s2 is purchasable with honor, I would expect them to retire the old s1 gladiator pieces and remove them from the honor vendors.

frylocked on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thanks for the prompt answers. Yes, I do see that 2.4 started downloading this week, so a 2-3 week release is probably about right.

As far as I know, WARHAMMER is still shooting for a May release, altho they are not offering as ironclad a guarantee as the CONAN people.

Good point about the Season 1 Gladiator stuff going away, thanks.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    PlushyCthulhuPlushyCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Thanks for the prompt answers. Yes, I do see that 2.4 started downloading this week, so a 2-3 week release is probably about right.

2.4 is probably coming out on 3/25 (or maybe the week after which would be April Fools, which would be... amusing). However, 2.4 is the Sunwell patch and will not trigger Season 4. Season 4 is what will cause the whole armor shift and no date has been given for that update. I think mid-may is a reasonable guess but who really knows.

Also, as a side note, while the Season 4 patch will shift the current S3 weapons and shoulders to discounted arena prices (ie what S2 is now), the rating requirements are not going away completely. They are going to be reduced, but the new numbers are completely unknown. Personally I'm guessing 1700 for weapons and 1850 for shoulders, but again these are not known at this time.

PlushyCthulhu on
    Steam/LoL: plushycthulhu
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I feel like I have dropped too much hit for other stuff.

Bigity on
  • Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well, we're getting pretty desperate and I figured I may as well drop a line here. US Hellscream Horde (6/6 SSC, 3/4 TK) guild is looking for a full-time resto shaman. We raid 7-11 CST Tues, Thurs, Sun and may soon add another day for farmed content.

WE ARE WILLING TO GEAR YOU IF YOU HAVE THE SKILLS (by which I mean Chain Heal bound to every key on your keyboard and a solid faceroll technique) AND CAN SHOW UP CONSISTENTLY
    http://ga.guildportal.com if you're interested, and I apologize for interrupting whatever discussion was going on.

Ardent on
    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Bigity wrote: »
    I feel like I have dropped too much hit for other stuff.

From what I read on the EJ forums, I wouldn't think so, since they say that the 9% you get from talents is all you ever need.

Septus on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's not so much that it's all you ever need, it's just that a shaman's specials are already hit capped after the full gamut of usual talents, so it takes a back seat when compared to other stats. A lot of your damage is still going to be auto-attacks, so +hit still helps, but unless you've got a decent amount of crit and AP going, there's no reason to skip out on those things in favor of a little bit more +hit, especially considering how comparatively expensive that stat can be when it comes down to the item budget.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Well, I meant all you ever need in that strength and AP will always be better value per ilevel distribution.

Septus on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Certainly. +Hit is a great stat to have, but it's definitely not worth giving up too much strength, crit, and AP for.

I... I miss being Enhancement. :(

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    +hit certainly makes shamanistic rage a lot less prone to assholery... while grinding.

I can't wait to PvP as enhancement after the next patch, and I can't wait to do serious DPS as either enh or ele. Honestly, since getting my shaman up to around 40, I've been convinced that my first character (Tauren fury warrior) should've just been a goddamn shaman. At least enh shaman are useful in PvE and PvP, or will soon be.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    DuoXDuoX Registered User new member
    edited March 2008
    I just it 70, and respeced Resto. Ok that was a few weeks ago. I'm sitting at 6500 health, 8100 mana, 840 healing, and 157 mp5 (while casting), with Water Shield on. This is good enough to heal heroics, right? Right? Cause I have no idea how to gear up more (other than honor/arena gear) while staying out of heroics, but I don't wanna cause my group to wipe over and over.

My first post, yay.

DuoX on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I can't say about values (that seems like a shitload of MP5), but remember that some heroics are easier than others. By doing easier ones to gear up, little by little, you can break your way in to the megagear.

Ramparts and Mech are both pretty far on the doable side, especially if you have a well-geared tank and some ranged DPS. Hell, I tanked heroic ramparts successfully at level 69 on my paladin to get a nether for my goggles.

The honor gear is a great way to gear up, as well. It'll take a lot of dedication to get it, but the gear is crazy good. Not balanced for PvE, to be sure, but its raw healing values are a very nice starting point, not to mention having some extra armor/health makes it a little less instantly fatal to make mistakes.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    DuoX wrote: »
    840 healing

This is really low, and you need to increase it if you want to stand some sort of chance against many of the hardest hitting bosses and single trash mobs out there. Underbog lords and the mechanar static charge elementals will eat you for lunch with this amount of +healing, even chain casting max-rank healing wave.

I'd recommend at *least* 1k before you start trying to do heroics. Certain mobs you'd want to have at least 1200.

Litejedi on
    3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    KG3000KG3000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Managed to pick up the Bowstitched Leggings off Assgalore last night. Now I just need to find someone who can cut an Inscribed Pyrestone and farm for the epic Cobrascale leg armour. Couldn't believe there wasn't a single item of Cobrascale leg patches on the AH, not even the low level stuff.

KG3000 on
    What?
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I never play my 63 enhancement shaman, so I'm kind of thinking about switching to resto, and only playing him when I can get into instance runs.

First off, should I go with this heavier resto build, or this more solo-friendly build, since I think I will inevitably have to quest at least a little bit, for quest gear rewards?

How little +healing can I get by with for Blood Furnace/Slave Pens/Underbog etc? My healing gear is pretty crappy, as in I think my best healing weapon is probably some 35ish +dmg/healing weapon and the rest of the gear follows that level of quality.

Septus on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    I never play my 63 enhancement shaman, so I'm kind of thinking about switching to resto, and only playing him when I can get into instance runs.

First off, should I go with this heavier resto build, or this more solo-friendly build, since I think I will inevitably have to quest at least a little bit, for quest gear rewards?

How little +healing can I get by with for Blood Furnace/Slave Pens/Underbog etc? My healing gear is pretty crappy, as in I think my best healing weapon is probably some 35ish +dmg/healing weapon and the rest of the gear follows that level of quality.

If you're specced resto you could get away with 300-400 +heals.

Have a look on the AH for one of the green scepters of Something. They have about +100 healing...I used one of those to tank on my paladin for a while.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    DW or Stormstrike first?

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    DW or Stormstrike first?

DW, unless you don't have the weapons for it right away, in that case, SS.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    DW. Not much point in taking Stormstrike until you can use two weapons to take full advantage of it. You'll be gaining levels so quickly that you won't have long to wait for both.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    nourishnourish Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Question about shaman twinks. I'm looking for thoughts on my plan to move a 49 enchance shaman twink into 59 AV matches as elemental. I mainly want a change of pace and activities, and to get a bit more honor from games. It seems like I'd do okay just stacking "of the invoker" or "of the sorcerer" gear from the outlands. I'd need to play defense to avoid leveling as the npcs get killed. Am I overlooking anything which would make this a bad idea?

I've often heard 49 is a sweet spot for shaman pvp but it is hard to know if someone is bitter because their new arena team is getting rocked by S3 geared groups doing a weekly reform to play at 1500.

Thanks

nourish on
  • Options
    Mad JazzMad Jazz gotta go fast AustinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I have this problem that I think you dudes can help me out with. The wife of one of my friends plays an enh shaman, and she is, to put it bluntly, terrible. Does dps on par with the tanks terrible. I don't know how this is actually possible, so I turn to you guys for a quick summary of the things a dual wielding enh shammy should do in combat to put out what we'll call respectable dps for the purposes of this discussion (we'll shoot for 600-700 dps...I'm not aiming high at this point).

So, what do I tell her to do in combat?

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Well, you can check out the elitists jerks thread on that site, but here are the basics.

SLOW weapons MH AND OH. 2.6 is what to shoot for. 2.3 and faster is utter garbage, regardless of the DPS on of the weapon. Yes, this means you will be using green BoE maces over epic daggers and such.

Use WF/WF on those slow weapons. Get a addon that tracks the hidden WF cooldown, save Stormstrike when possible for when this the cooldown is off.

Shock Rotation: Flame, then Earth. Repeat. Ditch Flame if the mob won't last long enough for the DoT to tick alot.

Don't stack hit, instead:

STR
    CRIT
    AGI
    AP

For PvE, you want the talent in the resto tree for hit rating to cap your special attacks without any hit rating from gear. You will add hit rating through gear (it's unavoidable really), but you do not need to seek it out.

Crusader is better than Potency enchant even at level 70. Executioner/Mongoose is best but expensive.

She will end up wearing alot of leather items, it's ok.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Pop the Grace of Air and Strength of Earth totems to increase her crit rating and AP. There are several quest reward trinkets in Outland that provide +AP boosts upon use; activate them whenever possible.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Once you tell her how to gear properly, I think the problem is 90% solved by having her simply autoattack and press stormstrike every 12 seconds.

Septus on
  • Options
    frylockedfrylocked Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I am thinking of doing 33/7/21 for Arena play (5v5). I really like the idea of instant ghost wolf and the only thing I would be giving up is Lightning overload.

Anyone that is 40/21 try this new spec yet?

frylocked on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So, should I go with leatherworking on my ele Shaman for the Netherstrike Armour or would going herb and alch (which my warrior would benefit from too) be a better idea?

Basicly how much does LW suck and is that set worth it for my Shaman?

815165 on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    hit rating's still 80% or so as good as strength or the other "good" stats per rating point

it isn't as terrible as agility is for warriors, or crit/dodge rating for druids.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I really hate that itemization for enhance shamans is still so broke that in almost every slot leather is better than the best available mail item.

It makes gearing up sucky too because you compete with more classes.

Bigity on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    They really should homoginise Hunters and enh Shamans so that the same loot is optimal for both.

Though maybe that doesn't help with the whole competition thing. :(

815165 on
  • Options
    AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Even though it would destroy balance and make no lore sense, letting Shaman wear plate would get rid of all the itemization problems. Enhance basically wants the same gear as DPS warriors (and ret too now I believe), and the healing gear can then apply to both resto and holy.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    iadrianiadrian Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Akira wrote: »
    Even though it would destroy balance and make no lore sense, letting Shaman wear plate would get rid of all the itemization problems. Enhance basically wants the same gear as DPS warriors (and ret too now I believe), and the healing gear can then apply to both resto and holy.

I've said the same thing numerous times. People think I'm crazy until I explain my item values to them. Hunters and Rogues are all for it. :winky:

iadrian on
    Brawl: 2964-8274-9230
    D/P: 2621-2512-5050
This discussion has been closed.